You Should Read This! Manga recomendation thread

#61 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostSanae Fauchs, on 18 April 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

I've read so many good manga, but I can't recommend all of them (the list is too long to type...). However, I will recommend a few of my top faves as of currently :] (In no particular order...):

~*~ Lovely Complex (Love*Com)
The creepy faces that Risa makes always made me lol!

~*~ Fruits Basket
A master piece~ Makes you want to become a better person after reading it... or at least it made me want to o_o

These are both excellent series.I love Risa from Lovely Complex. Her facial expressions are positively splendid.
And read the Fruits Basket manga.Then love it.Then cradle it in your arms.
And then never, EVER watch the anime.Ever.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#62 User is offline   MetalGravy 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 1562

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

Mine are kind of old:

Berserk
Eden: It's an Endless World

A friend of mine really likes Biomega--I've only read the first volume so far. Sort of a post-apocalytic-disease-ridden-future-with-a-talking-bear-that-is-also-a-scientist type thing. It's by Tsutomo Nihei, who did Blame!.

Also, if we're not just limiting this to manga, Fables is good. It kind of reminds me of Top Ten, but with fairy tale characters. If you haven't read Top Ten, GO READ IT!!!! At least, the Alan Moore portion--I've heard that the rest isn't as good.

This post has been edited by MetalGravy: 31 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

I am a vampire! I am a zombie! I AM A VAMBIE!!! I CANNOT BE STOPPED!

-Deadite Morbius, Marvel Zombies 3.4.

Pirates>ninja's Faile and her Vagrants are nothing!!!!! YARRRRR!

#63 User is offline   emileighmorgan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61704

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

~*~ Fruits Basket
A master piece~ Makes you want to become a better person after reading it... or at least it made me want to o_o

I agree. I've watched the actual series more than a dozen times, and find myself loving it even more every time.
It's definitely one to never forget <3

#64 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

Nickelodeon and Vovnich Hotel by DOUMAN Seiman
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#65 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

Currently reading 3am Dangerous Zone.It's about a girl who wants to be an illustrator but ends up designing for a company that designs pachinko parlors. It's a colorful cast of characters so far, and I'd recommend it for anyone who has some time and enjoys josei.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#66 User is offline   Hantsuki 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62601

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

Onani Master Kurosawa seems like nothing but an extremely perverted manga at first, but it's surprisingly deep.

#67 User is offline   Ekqo 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61282

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

Silver Spoon!! It's by Hiromu Arakawa, artist of Fullmetal Alchemist, but it is NOT like FMA ONE BIT. I love it!

Also, I will heartily recommend any manga by Yuki Midorikawa (Natsume's Book of Friends, Hotarubi no Mori E).

And if we talked about Slam Dunk, then we MUST mention Real, same artist and same jaw-dropping artwork (bring a tissue box though).
One half of PinStripes Studios!
Our Etsy shop

Gearing up for our 2013 convention tour!
Confirmed locations: Anime-ZAP, Peoria, Illinois (January 4-6), Kitsune Kon, Appleton, Wisconsin (March 22-24)

#68 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Onani Master Kurosawa
It's good. It's about.....well, the title should be some indication.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#69 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

Noblesse. Just read it. Best manhwa I read in a while and the best shonen like manhwa I read as well.

It's just funny/action packed/good.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#70 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Oddman 11
From the freaky yet beautiful mind of DOUMAN Seiman (Nickelodeon, Vovnich Hotel).
It's going by the Scott Pilgrim route.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#71 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostEkqo, on 17 August 2012 - 08:42 AM, said:

Silver Spoon!! It's by Hiromu Arakawa, artist of Fullmetal Alchemist, but it is NOT like FMA ONE BIT. I love it!

Also, I will heartily recommend any manga by Yuki Midorikawa (Natsume's Book of Friends, Hotarubi no Mori E).

And if we talked about Slam Dunk, then we MUST mention Real, same artist and same jaw-dropping artwork (bring a tissue box though).

i won't recommend anything casually here, because i feel it defeats the purpose of the thread.

that being said, REAL is a must-read for anyone who can read. it starts off strong, as you'd expect from a living legend like inoue, but maaaaaaan, the entire second half of the second volume is a masterpiece in the MAKE YOU FEELS categry. it's one of the few series i almost immediately committed to owning every single volume of.

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 12 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

#72 User is offline   Matt 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1225

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Maison Ikkoku -- just finished reading this (like, a few minutes ago), and it is excellent. One of Rumiko Takahashi's earlier manga, it's a wacky romantic comedy about a college boy who falls in love with his apartment manager. Unfortunately, his fellow tenants (and others, including himself) get in the way of his pursuit of her. The manga's a bit shaky at times, but the ending is killer.

Mai the Psychic Girl -- by Kazuya Kudo and Ryoichi Ikegami. This is the story of a telekinetic young girl on the run from a powerful agency that wants to use her as a weapon. Kind of like Firestarter, but with a much bigger scope. The Perfect Collection is only four volumes, so it's a relatively short read.

Video Girl Ai -- by Masakazu Katsura. While pining over a crush, a teenage boy watches a video of a cute idol -- who proceeds to come to life. Nice mix of romance and action, full of interesting twists and turns.

Azumanga Daioh -- by Kiyohiko Azuma. Another shorter series, this time about the adventures (and misadventures) of elementary school students and their teachers. A very cute and funny slice-of-life manga full of lovable characters.

Those are my favorites, but I also recommend Battle Angel Alita and With the Light.
:heart: <span style='color:Magenta'>Proud Secretary of the Plushy Guardian Alliance</span> :heart:

:heart: <span style='color:Blue'>Soldier in The Glomp Team </span> :heart:

<span style='color:DarkSlateBlue'>Member of the Anime Central Association for the Advancement of Bunnykind</span>

#73 User is offline   shizuka-kun 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 65164

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

Okay, I know nearly everyone has seen images of the Shingeki no Kyojin anime, while the manga is even better. Not only you can see what will happen in the possible next season of the anime but the plot thickens with more twists and turns that you've never even thought of.

If you're not into that, I would also suggest Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, it 's full of quirky humor as well as giving off that shoujo bliss that makes your heart beat.

Trust me, a good manga novel will give you a better daily dose of feels than a monitor ever could. (︶ω︶)
Born to Make History!

#74 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostMatt, on 12 June 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

Maison Ikkoku -- just finished reading this (like, a few minutes ago), and it is excellent. One of Rumiko Takahashi's earlier manga, it's a wacky romantic comedy about a college boy who falls in love with his apartment manager. Unfortunately, his fellow tenants (and others, including himself) get in the way of his pursuit of her. The manga's a bit shaky at times, but the ending is killer.

Yes! I LOVE Maison Ikkoku. It's one of my favorite mangas! I finished it a few years ago but I do once and a while go back and re-read it and I still laugh as hard as I did when I first read. So funny, and it's a great romantic comedy for sure.
ACen 2017 Cosplay
Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd GIG or ARISE variant]
General Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill!)
RIP Origa <3

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users