Anime Central Forums: Graduation! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Graduation! No more teachers, no more books!

#1 User is offline   Fray 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 57491

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

HOORAY! Today was my last day of High School! I am officially free until I get a job. >.>;
BUT WHO CARES! I'M FINALLY FREE FROM SCHOOL! 8D

Now who wants to throw me a party? 83

#2 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

I've been out of HAH SKOOL for 3 years.

I hated those people, but I had some awesome teachers like Mr. Hamer. We always made had laughs when we said it was Hamer-time.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#3 User is offline   Fray 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:39 PM

View PostKirbyFanOne, on May 21 2010, 06:37 PM, said:

I've been out of HAH SKOOL for 3 years.

I hated those people, but I had some awesome teachers like Mr. Hamer. We always made had laughs when we said it was Hamer-time.

Yeah. I'll miss the people I got to know just this year, but I'm MUCH better off without that cursed institution.
Most of the teachers were pretty cool, but it seemed like I always got the one that had a personal agenda xP Like Mrs. Windish. *shudders*

#4 User is offline   Stkbayfield 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29662

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

Soon you shall look back at school as the best years of your life. There's a reason why so many movies seem to focus on the "return to high school" or "return to college" theme, though that could also be that Hollywood's writers are mostly B.A's in English Lit.

I hope you got good grades from the exams and I hope you enjoy the summer off, seems you've earned it. Just get ready, the next step things get a little more taxing. What with the tax and all.

#5 User is offline   Fray 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

View PostStkbayfield, on May 21 2010, 06:46 PM, said:

Soon you shall look back at school as the best years of your life. There's a reason why so many movies seem to focus on the "return to high school" or "return to college" theme, though that could also be that Hollywood's writers are mostly B.A's in English Lit.

I hope you got good grades from the exams and I hope you enjoy the summer off, seems you've earned it. Just get ready, the next step things get a little more taxing. What with the tax and all.

The only thing I will miss from that school are my friends. But I have their numbers so I can call them up and set up a get-together anytime xD Otherwise, High school was a pain in the butt xP

I hope I get good grades too xD I know I have a couple A's and a few C's. I'm just hoping nothing drops below that!

#6 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:10 PM

Well you technically are not done yet (unless you dont go to college or any other schools). But congrats!!!! ^.^

Thats how I felt when I graduated in 07...then I went to a community college and it felt like I was back in high school >.< Thank god I just got my AA. Woot!

ACen 2017 LINEUP
Pidge-Voltron
Newt Scamander-FBAWTFT
Neo - RWBY
Flemeth - DA
MC-Mysme

#7 User is offline   Fray 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

View PostSka_Toranpetta, on May 21 2010, 10:10 PM, said:

Well you technically are not done yet (unless you dont go to college or any other schools). But congrats!!!! ^.^

Thats how I felt when I graduated in 07...then I went to a community college and it felt like I was back in high school >.< Thank god I just got my AA. Woot!

I honestly don't care for College. They say that you won't have a good job until you get a career, but if everyone got a career, when who would be running the gas stations, wal-marts, and McDonalds America seems to thrive on? I'm perfectly happy having a normal crappy job, than a fancy crappy job. xD

#8 User is offline   Kyu_sama 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 19132

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:44 PM

YAY! my graduation's on sunday, i dont wana go! lol

good thing im done with my horrible school
ACen 2014 photos: http://www.facebook....20806810&type=1
2014 Fairy Tail shoot: https://www.facebook...85571810&type=1
ACen 2015 Goal: $500 +hotel (progress: $0)
ACen 2015 cosplay: Ultimate spiderman (miles morales), Anbu black ops, Gray Fullbuster (with ice-make arrow), Scorpio (fairy tail)
ACen 2015 cosplay progress: U. Spiderman-99%, Anbu-0%, Gray-0%, Scorpio -0%
Hardcore Synergy + Soap Bubble = awesomeness!

#9 User is offline   Fray 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:47 PM

View PostKyu_sama, on May 21 2010, 11:44 PM, said:

YAY! my graduation's on sunday, i dont wana go! lol

good thing im done with my horrible school

I have no idea when the party is planned.
Congrats too tho 8D

#10 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:01 PM

When I graduated we went to a local Mexican restaurant to celebrate and I didn't take my mortar board off either. It now resides on top of my Master Chief cat helmet.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#11 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:31 AM

My school had a bomb threat and an actual bomb go off in lockers both during my junior year...

I was happy to be out of that school where the teachers lie to us about such things happening ( they tried to cover it up by lying to the students which FAILED miserably considering it was a campus of all Juniors and Seniors ).

That was...4 years ago this upcoming June 6th when I graduated. Yay for highschool being over!

Though now I sorta miss it ( and not having to pay bills ).
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#12 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:17 AM

Yeah, when I left HS, I didn't want to look back and ignored the nay-sayers saying I wish I could be back. Well, they were right..took a few years and all the bills and whatnot before it really sunk in.

#13 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:33 AM

View PostStkbayfield, on May 21 2010, 06:46 PM, said:

While I miss summer vacations and not having to work, high school blew monkeys. I'm much more content with the stuff I learned and college and the stuff I'm doing now as an adult. Didn't really come into my own and become my own person until a couple years into college. Kids are far too concerned with appearances, social status, etc (not that this disappears completely in adulthood, mind you), eff that. If I could pick an age and stay that age forever, it'd be around 25.
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#14 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:20 AM

View PostFray, on May 21 2010, 10:22 PM, said:

I honestly don't care for College. They say that you won't have a good job until you get a career, but if everyone got a career, when who would be running the gas stations, wal-marts, and McDonalds America seems to thrive on? I'm perfectly happy having a normal crappy job, than a fancy crappy job. xD

Then you are all set then lol

Its a personal choice and I know plenty of people that are doing what they love (and making a good amount of money) and have not had any further education than high school (and not even graduating in some cases). It all depends on how you go about getting to your goals so go for it =3

ACen 2017 LINEUP
Pidge-Voltron
Newt Scamander-FBAWTFT
Neo - RWBY
Flemeth - DA
MC-Mysme

#15 User is offline   Stkbayfield 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29662

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:51 AM

View Postwrexness, on May 22 2010, 09:33 AM, said:

While I miss summer vacations and not having to work, high school blew monkeys. I'm much more content with the stuff I learned and college and the stuff I'm doing now as an adult. Didn't really come into my own and become my own person until a couple years into college. Kids are far too concerned with appearances, social status, etc (not that this disappears completely in adulthood, mind you), eff that. If I could pick an age and stay that age forever, it'd be around 25.

I would certainly agree with you there. For my own personal life experience, life didn't really start for me until my 3rd year working, when I just started getting everything right, was living on my own and getting the confidence and freedom to travel the world and expand my horizons. As a student I'd barely ever left my hometown of London, as an adult I have flown the world and got married to a woman from a distant land.

So the cliche of missing high school isn't always true. But MAN I miss summer vacation. These days I get 3 long weekends off per year,

#16 User is offline   Fray 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:16 PM

Well, for the last few people who've just graduated, I know they got like... over $1000 at their party.

... I have a feeling I won't get more than half that -_-;;; Stupid economy >.>
I just HAD to graduate the years when no one wants to give money away, didn't I.

#17 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:20 PM

View PostFray, on May 22 2010, 05:16 PM, said:

Well, for the last few people who've just graduated, I know they got like... over $1000 at their party.

... I have a feeling I won't get more than half that -_-;;; Stupid economy >.>
I just HAD to graduate the years when no one wants to give money away, didn't I.

I didnt even have a graduation party. I just sent out my grad cards to my family saying I graduated and I let it up to them if they wanted to send me anything or not. I dont think graduating high school is that much of a feat because it is ridiculously easy...but thats just me.
ACen 2017 LINEUP
Pidge-Voltron
Newt Scamander-FBAWTFT
Neo - RWBY
Flemeth - DA
MC-Mysme

#18 User is offline   Fray 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:25 PM

View PostSka_Toranpetta, on May 22 2010, 05:20 PM, said:

I didnt even have a graduation party. I just sent out my grad cards to my family saying I graduated and I let it up to them if they wanted to send me anything or not. I dont think graduating high school is that much of a feat because it is ridiculously easy...but thats just me.

You know, I'd be surprised if I got one too. But its also a big part of your life. Once you're out of high school, you can practically live the life you want. You can get a job, move out, get married, travel the world, etc. Sure, everyone does it, but You really do feel like partying once you're finally done with it all, you know? Just the thought of finally getting out of the same routine day in, day out. Wake up, take shower, eat breakfast, go to school, class, class, class, lunch, class, class, class, go home, do homework, eat dinner, waste the last minutes of the day, go to sleep, repeat.

Atleast with a job, you get paid to suffer.

#19 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:37 PM

I got some really nice stuff for my graduation. Nice checks too. lol

My mom graduated from college today. I'm so proud of her. She worked hard and it was well worth it. She's going to be a rad tech. She just needs to finish some stuff over the summer and then she will be a certified rad tech. She'll be taking Spanish this fall so she can talk to Latinos who can't speak a lick of English.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#20 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

I'm graduating...I'll miss high school, I've been waiting to move away since 4th grade, and now I'm only two months away from my dream. ^_^
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#21 User is offline   Fray 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:05 AM

View PostKrystal, on May 25 2010, 12:02 PM, said:

I'm graduating...I'll miss high school, I've been waiting to move away since 4th grade, and now I'm only two months away from my dream. ^_^

Maybe the only thing I'll miss is seeing my friends on a daily basis.
It's fine though. We have ways to keep in contact, so it won't be that bad.

I'm just waiting until I cam move out and away too. Dunno how long I'll be stuck in my parents home, but hey. I'll prolly be gone before my sister. xD

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users