Anime Central Forums: Conchair Asks Advice: How Do I Limit The Damage? - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Conchair Asks Advice: How Do I Limit The Damage?

#91 User is offline   ShikiMatsuri 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 47534

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:34 PM

myabe they were all drunk? Or in the moment? Some people do that on impulse to impress frineds/people. Or to troll on others lol xD

#92 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:35 AM

View PostDevi-kun, on 13 May 2011 - 03:28 PM, said:

I see that is always an issue. If you have more security, that has the ability to be kind first then aggressive if need be, then people will be more willing to think first.

You would be amazed at how wonderful this actually works. When security comes up looking all securityish and immediately playing the I'm the one in charge card so I'm going to be an aggressive douche, people immediately react with a screw the man kind of mentality. And this is where problems occur.

That being said, while there are still some problems like this, ACen IRT has become much better at this the last couple of years.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#93 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

View PostFlyingElf, on 14 May 2011 - 02:35 AM, said:

You would be amazed at how wonderful this actually works. When security comes up looking all securityish and immediately playing the I'm the one in charge card so I'm going to be an aggressive douche, people immediately react with a screw the man kind of mentality. And this is where problems occur.

That being said, while there are still some problems like this, ACen IRT has become much better at this the last couple of years.

We really are trying to get that "be nice" mentality out to everyone on IRT. I will say this: it's hard to keep it going all the time - tempers flare, stress mounts, and some of us deal with people who just don't like us no matter what we do or how nicely we do it. (A certain "be nice" quote from Roadhouse comes to mind here.) We also have to work in situations that - gods forbid they should happen on our watch - can make anyone feel very uncomfortable, no matter how thick-skinned you may be. But we really do try to be nice whenever possible. We're here to help keep everyone safe and happy, but we're also here to help you should you need it. It's a shame when anyone among our number does something that could hinder our progress in destroying the "jack-booted thug" reputation.

That being said, one thing to keep in mind regarding damage is that we're not the only event or guests in the hotel(s). Some of the damage that occurs may not even be related to anyone from ACen, be it a staff member, guest or congoer. Because we're so large, it's easy to look at us and say, "Hey, maybe someone from that bunch did it." But, if there's a group staying at the hotel while NOT attending ACen (they could be on a trip, or post-prom/wedding, etc.), they could use the chaos and large population as a mask to pull some stunts that could easily be blamed upon us. That's not to say that every bit of damage is from that sort of scenario, but it is possible in some cases. Unfortunately, unless they're caught in the act and/or reported, we have no way of knowing for sure.

This post has been edited by Valkyrie: 14 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#94 User is offline   SpicyNinjaCat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10841

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:05 AM

Let's hope that the end of the world this Saturday doesn't encourage damage. Even playing the Final Countdown before midnight on Friday could do a lot.
I was in the parking lot from the false fire alarm in '12.
I overcame the ACen rapture in '11.
I survived the ACen fire in '10.
I dodged the H1N1 outbreak in '09.
I was denied ice cream at the ACen 10th Anniversary ice cream social in '07.

#95 User is offline   Digital Forte 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9505

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:51 AM

Release the Damage Numbers and Tie it to an increase in the Badge Price. As the Damage goes up so so does the cost of Registering for next years convention. Those that want a lower cost badge will try to keep costs down by becoming like an unnofficial Con Watch. I Myself have done that for the large group of people that came with me to the con. I usually get 4-5 rooms and Tell them all, Any damage that no own owns up to and takes care will just be added to the cost next year. I haven't had a problem since and I've had people I don't even know jump into our group.

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users