• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Odd Question: Bicycle Parking

#1 User is offline   lavenderspikes 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 18274

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:53 PM

Alright, I have a strange question. I'm staying at the Hampton 3 miles away from the convention center. There's a shuttle between them which is all good and well but not convenient at 3am, and I don't want to walk 3 miles after dancing for several hours. So my question is this: if I biked over, would there be somewhere to park it?

Basically I'm find just chaining it to a pole somewhere so long as I won't get fined for it :P If anyone knows if there's a bike rack somewhere that would be great or if anyone has done this in the past. Otherwise I will try to call someone but I'm not really sure who I would ask.

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:29 PM

View Postlavenderspikes, on May 12 2010, 01:53 PM, said:

Alright, I have a strange question. I'm staying at the Hampton 3 miles away from the convention center. There's a shuttle between them which is all good and well but not convenient at 3am, and I don't want to walk 3 miles after dancing for several hours. So my question is this: if I biked over, would there be somewhere to park it?

Basically I'm find just chaining it to a pole somewhere so long as I won't get fined for it :P If anyone knows if there's a bike rack somewhere that would be great or if anyone has done this in the past. Otherwise I will try to call someone but I'm not really sure who I would ask.

Thanks!

Off the top of my head, I cannot picture a bicycle parking rack but then again, I've never really looked. I'd suggest calling the Hyatt directly and ask them, they should know about their property. I would hope they do, that's actually a very good idea! :)
Event Accessibility Services staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Anime Milwaukee 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Karma (Assassination Classroom)
C2E2 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), possibly Ghostbuster (if I have my panel), maybe Neptune (RWBY)
ACen 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), Gou Shijima (Kamen Rider Mach), Karma (Assassination Classroom), Neptune (RWBY)
Definite 2017 cons (no cosplay plans set as of yet): Uchi-con, NWI Comic Con

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My cosplay / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#3 User is offline   Dave_the_Vagrant 

• Finance Team
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 52028

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

If you find out an answer for this, please post. i'm interested as well. :]
::REGISTRATION STAFF::
2012 - ADH Registration
2011 - ADH Technology 2nd

#4 User is offline   lavenderspikes 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 18274

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:36 PM

Alright, I called Hyatt and they said that some employees ride their bikes to work and they chain them against a fence there. I'm not totally sure what fence this was, but I'm sure it can't be too hard to spot, having several bikes chained to it already :D Hope this helps you all too!

#5 User is offline   Dave_the_Vagrant 

• Finance Team
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 52028

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:06 PM

awesome. thanks for the info. good to know incase i want to bring mine cause i'm not gonna be parking at convention center.
::REGISTRATION STAFF::
2012 - ADH Registration
2011 - ADH Technology 2nd

#6 User is offline   aakachan 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 19627

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:06 PM

View Postlavenderspikes, on May 12 2010, 05:36 PM, said:

Alright, I called Hyatt and they said that some employees ride their bikes to work and they chain them against a fence there. I'm not totally sure what fence this was, but I'm sure it can't be too hard to spot, having several bikes chained to it already :D Hope this helps you all too!

Have you tried riding you bike there yet? I was going to tomorrow & am curious about how it worked out for thou.

- Thanks
...Doing my best to embarrass my kids.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users