• This topic is locked

Question For The Raveeee ~ <3 rave question

#1 User is offline   Radicallay 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 42983

Post icon  Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:17 PM

This will be my first year at Acen and also my first rave!
I heard from a bunch of peeps that the line extended to eternity!

I want to get in there ASAP, so what are some advice that will help me be first in line???

#2 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:24 PM

Line up HOURS and HOURS in advance.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#3 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

View PostLina, on May 1 2010, 09:24 PM, said:

Line up HOURS and HOURS in advance.

In other words.. wait for the line for the Masquerade cosplay contest to finish.. then start lining up for the soap bubble... >.>
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#4 User is offline   Radicallay 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

aw geez! I hate waiting in line. What a waste of time! :{
I guess it's worth it though

#5 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:06 PM

View PostSoulcrash, on May 1 2010, 09:55 PM, said:

In other words.. wait for the line for the Masquerade cosplay contest to finish.. then start lining up for the soap bubble... >.>

Agreed.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#6 User is offline   MBluesummers 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3768

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:20 PM

I don't actively attend Anime con dances that much anymore. Though, I can say this, it's well worth the wait. the Soap bubble is probably the best convention rave I have ever and still attend. They put ton's of work into the atmosphere, it feels more like a club sometimes then a con dance!

But what has been said is true, lineup starts after the masq. lets out. so if you want to get in as soon as the dance starts, I suggest getting in line as soon as you can.

#7 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

View PostSoulcrash, on May 1 2010, 09:55 PM, said:

they normally don't allow the line to start until a while into the masquerade I believe *someone would need to confirm this * but my group and quite a few others have been moved in the past for lining up too early. * We just hung out a little away from the area to wait it out *

The better choice for visiting the soap bubble is to visit around 2-3 , a lot easier to get in.

The other "rave" ( hardcore ) has been a lot less lengthy regarding wait time.... but this year the change of location and a rather famous DJ might impact the wait time.
2015 Cosplay
Elrond's angry face when the hobbits crash the party
Honoka-Dead or Alive Last Roumd
Kongou- Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Rise- Persona 4 Dancing all Night

#8 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2256

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:23 PM

I wouldn't call the Soap Bubble a "rave" - go to a real rave and you'll see how different the atmospheres are! I have attended [and still attend] many raves in the Chicago area; actually on a break from going to parties right now; the last three I went to got busted. :C

Anywho, the Soap Bubble is still a damn good time. You can dance as insanely as you want, and no one will look at you like you're a complete weirdo, and you're surrounded by a ton of really fun-loving people. I've gotten the chance to go on stage and dance the past two years - it's so crazy seeing the room from that point of view and feeding off everyone's energy! I don't remember the last time I actually waited in line to get into SB. I always wait until around 1AM to even attempt going down there; yeah, I sacrifice a few hours of party time in there, but I feel a lot better walking right in because I HATE waiting in lines!

Hope you have a great time! <3
FIND ME AT ACEN: WEARING MY DEADMAU5 HEAD AGAIN!

#9 User is offline   Radicallay 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:12 PM

Another question. What's the DJ dance friday night and will it be big???

#10 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2256

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

View PostRadicallay, on May 4 2010, 04:12 AM, said:

Another question. What's the DJ dance friday night and will it be big???

It's called Hardcore Synergy; it's not nearly as big as Soap Bubble, and plays more cliche music [more or less anime/Japanese-related songs], but it's still a really good time, depending you're into that sort of scene! I'll definitely be there; I always go to check it out for a couple hours - it's a lot of fun, but is really just a precursor to what Saturday night has in store for us. :]
FIND ME AT ACEN: WEARING MY DEADMAU5 HEAD AGAIN!

#11 User is offline   Radicallay 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:11 AM

View PoststomptoMYbeat, on May 4 2010, 11:21 PM, said:

It's called Hardcore Synergy; it's not nearly as big as Soap Bubble, and plays more cliche music [more or less anime/Japanese-related songs], but it's still a really good time, depending you're into that sort of scene! I'll definitely be there; I always go to check it out for a couple hours - it's a lot of fun, but is really just a precursor to what Saturday night has in store for us. :]

sounds like fun! When is it at and how do I get there

#12 User is offline   mydjsobad 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17043

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:43 PM

I wouldn't really call what we play at the party on friday night "cliche" as much as "niche" or maybe more thematic. It's a hardcore party, everything from Gabber to Hardstyle to Makina to UK/Happy Hardcore. We run the whole gamut. The Anime/Japanese-related statement is a bit of a misleading statement as while there are alot of Anime and Video game remixes played by our guys, they're all played by the original producer (everyone on our lineup produces their own music) and is usually mixed in with other original tracks, or songs that fit they style that they prefer.

All of these guys are extremely well known in Japan, and a few are very well known in the UK as well. The US is a bit more closed-minded about what kind of music gets exposure so you may have only heard of DJ SHARPNEL, M-Project or REDALiCE if you're a big stepmania player, or DJ CHUCKY, GUHROOVY and NO+CHIN if you play beatmania IIDX. Everyone on our lineup does this stuff for a living in japan, and many of them have done work for companies like Avex, Exit Trance, Konami, and Toshiba.

For some examples of what to expect, check out the youtube links below:

DJ SHIMAMURA Live @ ESSENTIAL WORKS Release Party

M-Project HARDCORE ILLUSIONIST Sample Mix

JAKAZiD Live @ HARDCORE SYNERGY 2009

REDALiCE Live @ THE DAY OF HARDCORE 2009

DJ CHUCKY Live @ THE DAY OF HARDCORE 2009

DJ SHARPNEL Live @ ESSENTIAL WORKS Release Party

DJ Silver Live on YouTube

GUHROOVY Live @ HARDCORE SYNERGY 2008

NO+CHIN Live @ LEXUS RX Museum *His HARDCORE SYNERGY Sets are a million times crazier, but you get the idea from this*

I couldn't find any videos of Da/Le live but his set is made up of mostly remixes of popular NicoNicoDouga memes, Anime themes, and other songs popular in Japanese Otaku culture.

I would definitely suggest checking it out if you can. We always have a really awesome crowd, and I can guarantee you that a dance/rave/party/what-have-you like ours will not be found any any other Anime convention anywhere. We really try to preserve the Japanese club feel, and the DJs are really passionate about what they do. A few of the guys on our lineup are also promoters and event planners in Japan, so they bring a level of expertise and style like no other to our setup.

We start at 9:00pm on Friday, and the party is held INSIDE the Hyatt this year, at the Rosemont Ballroom (Panel rooms A,B,C,D all combined). If you're in the hotel while we're on, I think it'll be pretty hard to miss us.

This post has been edited by mydjsobad: 06 May 2010 - 11:45 PM

#13 User is offline   FayeMegan 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 5927

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:12 AM

View PoststomptoMYbeat, on May 2 2010, 06:23 PM, said:

I always wait until around 1AM to even attempt going down there; yeah, I sacrifice a few hours of party time in there, but I feel a lot better walking right in because I HATE waiting in lines!

We waited in line, I don't remember waiting HOURS though. We had to go back to the hotel room though, I forgot why, and when we came back down we were able to go right in!

Looking forward to it this year ^_^
I try to use my imagination, but reality is a b****
Acen 2010 cosplays:
Mario (Super Mario Brothers).
Wa-Lolita

#14 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:10 PM

Just so you know there will be a line.

In past years I have seen the line snake the ballroom lobby, go down to the hotel lobby out the doors then down the drive, over out on to Brewn Mar, over all the way down to River rd.
Not all those people got in.

Many people tried to walk in after the line was gone.
I spent an hour telling people that the dance was full and to come back latter.

That was.... 2 years ago- last year I could not help out.

I would recommend that if you are not in a good spot in the line- I would say anything before River Rd as not bad- that you not wait in line, but go do other things and come back at a later time.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#15 User is offline   manga1 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 53231

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:10 PM

I did not find it too bad this year I did not have to wait more then 15 minuts to get back in at any time and I went In and out three times.

#16 User is offline   CaptainIronPool 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 57360

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

I thought the line was more fun than the rave. Something about singing in unison, pointless chanting, high fiving everyone, and flashing people was simply magical.
"Gotta' Pouch 'em all!"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users