Dungeons And Dragons 3.5

#1 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072
  • Location:Mississippi then New Jersey. Might make ACen 2018 :D

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

So who plays? made any neat or eccentric or dare I say "munchy" characters? Or have you defeated a dragon by using nothing but nonleathal damage or bluffed a village into selling themselves into slavery, or just did something epic? Or are you a DM/GM (whutevah) that thinks your PCs need to be punished but have run out of ideas/have new ideas? discuss if you have, and 4.0 has no place here
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#2 User is offline   mattheinsane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 28503

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

I'm DMing a campaign setting I made up myself at the moment. This is my first time DMing so stuff's pretty complex.
Little Maid Corps

#3 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

*about to say something about 4.0*

oh

*leaves*
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2017 and progress made

Greg Universe (5% complete)

#4 User is offline   The Spider 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 51682

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:11 PM

4.0 has no place here?

But they made Bards usef-No, no, I can't say that with a straight face.

#5 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

View PostThe Spider, on Apr 21 2010, 06:11 PM, said:

4.0 has no place here?

But they made Bards usef-No, no, I can't say that with a straight face.

I always found bards to be useful, but that's cause I'm rather insane in what I manage while playing. I normally play a rouge with Exotic Weapon proficiency: Greatsword, two-weapon feat & monkey grip feat. Thus he can dual weild Greatswords & sneak attack you with one :lol:

Or my other fave, my surfing Druid. He couldn't swim so he made a Tower shield, cast Ironwood on it, & whenever he needed across a river he would cast Repel wood & hold onto the shield. It also was fun when he gave the shield to the half-orc Berserker & then cast Repel Wood to toss him into a group of enemies.

Can't forget my Warrior either. I created Captain America. Throw Anything feat & armed with a large Ironwood shield. I even made him a weaponmaster so he could make improvised shields & get the Weapon Specialization bonus when using them :lol:

My bard was useful, but multi-class. Bard/Thief Acrobat. He could climb the wall to get a high ground bonus when attacking or just to get out of combat & use his songs.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#6 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:07 PM

I've been playing 3.5 since... -counts fingers...- 7...no 8 years now.

I play lots of roleplaying games, from World of Darkness to Shadow Run, but I always end up back in the 3.5 world. I've made characters that other people are amazed can survive a campaign and others have been made into legend within the group. Longest campaign we had running was almost 2 years, that ended when the DM told us that 2 years after playing his campaign and at level 10 we were only done with the prologue of his story.

My...eccentric character I guess would be the one who made it into legend within my group, I was playing a female ranger of the neutral evil persuasion who liked to cut and chop things up...namely fleshy things. She reached legend status after the following events: Introduced herself to the party by killing a ninja with a grappling hook, killed one of the party members who "accidentally" shot her with a crossbow bolt in the middle of combat and was not then killed by the rest of the party. Killed a T-rex with a single blow and then skinned in and sold its meat for profit. Turned the basement of the headquarters they had into a torture chamber with all high quality devices of torture. Lived even though she got married to the lawful good knight of the group. Was dubbed "That Scary Bitch" and killed one innocent child during a magical raid on the city by forcing the child to eat highly corrosive acid. ( That part sickened me as well, damn having to stay in character! ). And she worked part time as a maid.

Either way, right now I run a campaign running a Slayers campaign setting set up by Guardians of Order using the 3.5 rules. I've got an interesting group and we've yet to have had an actual serious battle at all since it started last month. We roleplay mostly and it is always fun.

I have been doomed to D&D Geek status forever... luckily Steven Lynch's song was wrong and D&D players CAN get girlfriends. lol
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#7 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45691

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:14 PM

WHOA, WAIT.

HOLD THE HECK UP.

They made video games for Dungeons and Dragons? AND I WASN'T INFORMED?!
Soul of the mind, key to life's ether...
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel...
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended...
So the world might be mended...

#8 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

View PostSir Viver, on Apr 23 2010, 02:14 PM, said:

WHOA, WAIT.

HOLD THE HECK UP.

Yeah, a few actually, most in the forgotten realms campaign setting since that setting is popular in novels due to a certain drow. I believe there are 2 for the PS2, one for xbox and another for PSP by my knowledge.
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#9 User is offline   The Spider 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 51682

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

View PostSir Viver, on Apr 23 2010, 02:14 PM, said:

WHOA, WAIT.

HOLD THE HECK UP.

Son, I am disappoint.

#10 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45691

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

View PostTaiyakiZero, on Apr 23 2010, 02:20 PM, said:

Yeah, a few actually, most in the forgotten realms campaign setting since that setting is popular in novels due to a certain drow. I believe there are 2 for the PS2, one for xbox and another for PSP by my knowledge.

Spoiler

Soul of the mind, key to life's ether...
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel...
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended...
So the world might be mended...

#11 User is offline   spazchan 

• EMRT
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 18860

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:09 AM

I still love the time my friends and I had an undead tailor make sacks out of barbarian sacs... and in the cold the sacks would shrink... or the herd of level 50 cows that breathed fire... or when an NPC named Xenoblade... died with in 5 minutes into game play by decapitation and if I recall his head hurt one of the players...
Costume ProgressProject Riddler = 100%
Project Steam Punk Riddler = 0%

I B Back

#12 User is offline   Rini 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 17020

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:11 AM

::burns 4.0 to the ground::

>:[
<(^_^)> Rewr :3

#13 User is offline   JoeSomebody2 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 58483

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:20 PM

Been playing since 2008, and I'm still learning. It's a fun game, but my heart is more in the role play than the fighting, though I know the fighting is a large focus, and prepare as such. Still haven't finished a campaign, and should have started with singular adventures over the long game which have gone on for a year and a half, and they are only now Level 11...going to 20. And an epic epilogue. Yes...singular adventures is the key. :D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users