Anime Central Forums: I Have Had It With The Old Folks - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

I Have Had It With The Old Folks my mom has called my hobby stupid....

#61 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:09 PM

View PostImNewHere, on Apr 21 2010, 10:45 PM, said:

Mine was because I've been working a full time job since I was 15, got a GED at 16 under special rules since I had to work to help my family pay bills, and pretty much did what I wanted to from then on. I paid 75 a week and a portion of the bills from age 16 on and at 18 I was out with only my car, books, and clothes. The funny thing is now I make more than either of my parents do, and I am less than 2 years from having my home paid off. If I would have been able to live with parents until my mid 20s I would have been able to completely finish my degree and had enough saved where I would completely own my home before age 30. Ohh well.

I do have a friend who is older than I. He's 34 and still lives with his parents. I also know others that are 30 and older and still live with their parents as well. It must be a midwestern thing because I did not see that out west or when I lived in the south either.

Indeed, sometimes stuff happens that doesn't really allow for ideal situations. I was lucky in that I was never needed to pull money into the house. Anything I earned went towards my own stuff, which typically meant gas, food, and other necessities (and of course my own entertainment). So if nothing else I was taking a little burden off of my mom even if it wasn't totally necessary. The last time I asked anyone in my family for money was when my last car broke down, which an $800 auto bill is not an insignificant expense. However, I paid my mom back as soon as I could too. Otherwise I've been fairly self-reliant since I started college.

I stayed at home until I finished college in December 08. Right out of college, I was making more money than my dad ever did (my mom still has me beat though, but she's got her masters and is in a supervisory position). By the end of July last year I had moved out into my own home. Oddly enough, my dad is currently is back living with his mom at the moment. XD He's got his reasons, to keep her company, to save money (retired military), and so forth, but it's still pretty odd for a guy in his mid-40s to still be living at home. He'll be moving out when he gets remarried soon though.
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#62 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:34 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on Apr 21 2010, 10:50 PM, said:

Just from my point, this statement almost makes me think you're looking for a fight from her. Now I know you're not, but don't even bother showing it to her if you're going to tell her that and know what the reaction will be.

i find her funny when she does that, the toy came out when i was getting out a psychology magazine i picked up for her. she just picked it up. my mind is blank tonight, i am so brain dead from working a full shift and doing close alone.
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#63 User is offline   Rini 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 17020

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:37 PM

My dad doesn't mind me going to cons, he just minds when I seem to bring trouble back with me x[

But then again, my dad started the whole con thing, so he best shush his mouth and deal :]
<(^_^)> Rewr :3

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users