• This topic is locked

Trouble Printing Panel Schedule gah

#1 User is offline   Aonele 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 11231

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:19 PM

So, I r nub, and I can't print the schedule out on 8.5" by 11" large enough to read what the panels are :C The thing is that I don't think previous panel schedules had the gatherings list on it as well. How can I edit the panel schedule file so that I can remove the gathering list and make the panels more visible?
Or, better yet, does anyone have the panel schedule without the gathering list so that when I print the schedule on normal print paper it'll show everything in an easily readable size?

---Cosplay List 2012---
Will not be attending ;-;

#2 User is offline   d5t 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4331

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:28 PM

View PostAonele, on Apr 15 2010, 10:19 PM, said:

So, I r nub, and I can't print the schedule out on 8.5" by 11" large enough to read what the panels are :C The thing is that I don't think previous panel schedules had the gatherings list on it as well. How can I edit the panel schedule file so that I can remove the gathering list and make the panels more visible?
Or, better yet, does anyone have the panel schedule without the gathering list so that when I print the schedule on normal print paper it'll show everything in an easily readable size?

There should be a more printer friendly version coming out soon from what I've heard on the boards - I believe the PDF on ACen right now is just to get the word out; no pretty formatting.

#3 User is offline   Aonele 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:37 PM

View Postd5t, on Apr 15 2010, 10:28 PM, said:

There should be a more printer friendly version coming out soon from what I've heard on the boards - I believe the PDF on ACen right now is just to get the word out; no pretty formatting.

Ooo, now that would make sense. I guess I'll just wait some more then. Thanks! :]
---Cosplay List 2012---

#4 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

Just as a reminder, it is still subject to change and it will also be included with your programming book.

#5 User is offline   Aonele 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:56 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on Apr 15 2010, 10:42 PM, said:

Just as a reminder, it is still subject to change and it will also be included with your programming book.

Okey dokey, but I enjoy finding out what panels are available in advance so I can keep them in mind X3 thanks though :D
---Cosplay List 2012---

#6 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:48 AM

I can only read it on screen and by scrolling... Hopefully future versions will be broken down into more manageable sizes for us folks with plain old standard printers. I know I like to review it ahead of time so I can make schedule changes, and map my routes put around the con (eg figure out where the heck the meeting rooms are).

I wish I knew someone with a wide format printer... I used to have one but it went kablooey.

(All above comments are personal and not in any way to be taken as "official" - danged staff status...)
This space intentionally left blank.

#7 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

Maybe try switching it to landscape instead of portrait? Sometimes that works too depending on the file.
ACen 2017 LINEUP
Pidge-Voltron
Newt Scamander-FBAWTFT
Neo - RWBY
Flemeth - DA
MC-Mysme

#8 User is offline   Aonele 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

View PostSka_Toranpetta, on Apr 16 2010, 03:23 PM, said:

Maybe try switching it to landscape instead of portrait? Sometimes that works too depending on the file.

I already did. It's not readable because there's that official gatherings schedule next to it, taking up space that could've been used for a bigger/better print out of the official panel schedule. :/ Guess I just gotta wait until an official version is out? As it is it's REALLY difficult to read, AND it's not possible for me to remove the official gatherings list becauase .pdf files cannot be edited like that :[
---Cosplay List 2012---

#9 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

It's not readable because both Friday and Saturday are smashed onto one page instead of the usual three for each date.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#10 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:54 PM

View PostAonele, on Apr 16 2010, 03:26 PM, said:

I already did. It's not readable because there's that official gatherings schedule next to it, taking up space that could've been used for a bigger/better print out of the official panel schedule. :/ Guess I just gotta wait until an official version is out? As it is it's REALLY difficult to read, AND it's not possible for me to remove the official gatherings list becauase .pdf files cannot be edited like that :[

Ahhhh I see. Bummer. You could save it and try to export it into Microsoft Word. It might jumble fluff some words...but its worth a shot.

ACen 2017 LINEUP
Pidge-Voltron
Newt Scamander-FBAWTFT
Neo - RWBY
Flemeth - DA
MC-Mysme

#11 User is offline   Roark 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 11290

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:16 PM

In the spirit of pulling back the veil, this is indeed just there to get it out. We already have some corrections to it. This is, literally, a snapshot of our master document without any formatting or prettying. A better version is coming.

#12 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1323

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:55 PM

Shows how many people read the comment ABOVE the schedule PDF...

QUOTE from the site:

Listed below is the current ACen 2010 Schedule. This schedule is not formatted for printing and is only to be used as a reference before the convention. The Program Book that is given at the Convention will have a nicely formatted schedule for quick reading. This Schedule is subject to change before the convention. Panelists please note, the times are pretty much FINALIZED, we have very little room to spare to switch anything out. The Schedule is available in PDF Format at this time. It will be available via Cell Phone and a Dynamic Flash Site soon. Continue checking this page for latest schedule updates. If you cannot make the time that has been slotted for you, you may e-mail panelprogramming@acen.org, if you are unable to attend your panel.

Please read it all next time before posting! Thanks ^_^

The Mobile site will be EASY formatting, and the FLASH site will be easily printable page like we had last year, just nobody knew about it. =)
Jared "Zerox20" Sangeorzan - Panel Programming ADH - ACen 2003/Present
E: panelprogramming@ACen.org ||

#13 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:50 PM

ASk and you shall recieve...

ACen 2010 Schedule Flash Site...

http://www.acen.org/...Scheduler.html#

#14 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:14 PM

View PostZerox20, on Apr 19 2010, 09:50 PM, said:

MEGA SQUEAK! i have been waiting for this for like EVER!
A-Cen 2016: Friday Early: Hikaru Friday Late: Nightmare Moon Saturday: Wonder Woman Sunday: Hell Girl

A-cen 2015: Sailor Luna (PGSM) //// Fish Mooney //// Anthy //// Fluttershy (MLP:FIM)
A-cen 2014: Angewomon (Digimon) //// Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) //// Hikaru (Angelic Layer)
A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#15 User is offline   Aonele 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

Erk! I'm usually pretty good about reading directions X_X In my defense, I was blinded by the excitement in me to see the panel schedule! :D

Also, YAY FOR THE FLASH SITE! It's too awesome for words!

This post has been edited by Aonele: 20 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

---Cosplay List 2012---

#16 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:48 PM

Yeah tell everybody you know about it,I wanna get the word out ! !

#17 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

That
site
is
so
cool.

Wowzers.

I'm having far too much fun playing with the pretty colors.

#18 User is offline   Kscriv 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19437

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

I think there are still a couple of tweaks to be made to the scheduler, there was a couple things that I didn't see listed (Hardcore Synergy comes to mind), a few panels that had the wrong descriptions(an Ouran panel that described something that was not Ouran) and a couple that may have been double-listed (I do believe I saw the AMV Awards listed in two different categories.

Also, is there a way to save your schedule and come back to work on it later, there's a lot I want to go to and I will be taking a lot of time widdling out my schedule.

Otherwise, this scheduler is AWESOME.

#19 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

View PostZerox20, on Apr 19 2010, 09:50 PM, said:

Can I have your babies? Like, all of them?

This saves me so much time--I usually make this every year on my own with a ton of juggling and typing and what not, but this makes it SO EASY!! And you can print it!! :heart:

This is instant-faved as my top ACen planning tool.

This post has been edited by this_chick25: 21 April 2010 - 06:00 PM

Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#20 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

I love love, LOOOVE this website ;w; Printed my preferred schedule... had to forget a panel because the times changed, but that's no big deal thanks a lot ACen crew! :thumbup:
I tried changing my avatar and it said I needed permission? I've never had that problem before and I've been on this forum for many years, so what gives?

#21 User is offline   mersian 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10811

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

View PostKscriv, on Apr 21 2010, 06:46 PM, said:

I think there are still a couple of tweaks to be made to the scheduler, there was a couple things that I didn't see listed (Hardcore Synergy comes to mind), a few panels that had the wrong descriptions(an Ouran panel that described something that was not Ouran) and a couple that may have been double-listed (I do believe I saw the AMV Awards listed in two different categories.

Also, is there a way to save your schedule and come back to work on it later, there's a lot I want to go to and I will be taking a lot of time widdling out my schedule.

Otherwise, this scheduler is AWESOME.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not Acen staff but I did work on the Flash Scheduler website.

There are definitely some issues with the panels; I noticed the Ouran description yesterday. You are correct that there are two different AMV Awards; one is in Main Programming and the other is at the Double Tree and they are at different times. I'm assuming that the Double Tree viewing is a repeat of the earlier show in Main Programming. There are several panels that happen multiple times during the convention.

The current Scheduler site only has Panel Programming, Gatherings, and the AMV Programming. We're working on getting more schedules included. I don't see Hardcore Synergy listed in the Panel Programming document. What section of Programming is it in?

I'm working on an update right now to fix some issues that have been pointed out. If you guys see any more, please feel free to post here, message myself, or message Zerox20! We appreciate any feedback to make the website better!

Anyway, there is a way to save the schedule and come back to it. As you add events to your schedule, you'll see the URL in the address bar changes (numbers will be added to the end of it). If you save that URL (you can bookmark it or save it someplace else) you can come back to that same schedule. NOTE: If you bookmark the page, you need to bookmark it AGAIN whenever you get done making changes, otherwise you'll lose any new changes you've made. I want to do this a better way, with account logins and such, but I was too busy making a mobile website to have time this year.

Here's an example. This url has all of the Main Programming events:
http://www.acen.org/mobile/panels/schedule...8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

If there's anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask!

#22 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:38 PM

I remember using this last year. It was awesome. I'll for sure use it again. =)

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#23 User is offline   MrBear16 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 57090

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

I cannot get this to print properly. The page is composed mostly of a block of black ink, with a bit of the text off the side. Any help on printing would be greatly appreciated.

#24 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:44 PM

You can always write it down what you intend to attend.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#25 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:49 PM

Okay, I realize it's a bit late for an answer to the printing problem, but I had the same situation. More than likely you also could not get the whole schedule window on screen. I had to change my screen resolution until I was able to get the *bottom* part of the schedule window. There I found a "print" button and the list printed out just fine, finally... (of course I never got to any of the panels as I wound up working pretty much the whole con).

Doing a "print screen" or the like did just what you described. A whole lotta black and just a bit of a partial schedule window. I wish they had put the "real" print button at the top of the window rather than the bottom.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users