Anime Central Forums: [help Needed] Tech Support - Convert To Mpg2 - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[help Needed] Tech Support - Convert To Mpg2

#1 User is offline   Creative Name 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4734

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:57 PM

I have a finished product, but I am at a loss as to how to compress to MPG2. I was able to do it last year, but I am having issues this year. Does anyone have any suggestions? They would be greatly appreciated.
Won't you please save the panda

#2 User is offline   ngsilver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 2476

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:43 AM

I would suggest you read the following tutorial: http://www.animemusi...es/mpegforcons/

If you are following the directions within that guide and you are still having problems it would be best to list the specific errors or problems that you are experiencing so that those of us more experienced with the program have a better grasp of what is going on and can actually help you.
-Nate
AMV ADH/Secretary - ACEN 2011, 2010, 2009
AMV Staff - ACEN 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005

Music Video Contest Coordinator - Video/Audio Track(VAT) DH - Youmacon 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005

The AMV Wars - Chairman - Lead MC
This Week in AMVs

#3 User is offline   Outlawed 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 2486

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:44 AM

View PostCreative Name, on Mar 11 2010, 07:57 PM, said:

I have a finished product, but I am at a loss as to how to compress to MPG2. I was able to do it last year, but I am having issues this year. Does anyone have any suggestions? They would be greatly appreciated.

The guide Ngsilver linked discusses some software people at the animemusicvideos.org site use to create MPEG-2 files. Please be aware this may not be easy for you to use depending on the software you are already working with and your experience working with video. TMPGEnc is a standalone piece of software that I and NGsilver have personally used. In my usual editing setup I'm working with Adobe Premiere and exporting an avi file which I then use TMPGEnc to encode. Some editing software has direct options for outputting MPEG-2 computer files but not all of them. I do now know what you did last year but if you have changed software you are using then it is possible you can no longer just use a simple export like you may have in the past and you may need a standalone program like TMPGEnc.

Also please note that not all of the resolutions sizes and settings on that animemusicvideos.org document are valid submission formatting for us. It is an old document the community created to cover a general situation and is PC/Windows based.

#4 User is offline   Creative Name 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the quick response. I was able to figger it out, but if I ever need to raise the bat signal again, I'll know where to aim it :)

#5 User is offline   Creative Name 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:42 PM

Ok, am I blind?

I am looking for now to format the filename. Is it the same as last year?
Also, was there an entry form that needs to be mailed with the source? Or just label the CD the same as the file?

#6 User is offline   ngsilver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:35 PM

Just like last year if you check the entry status page you will see the status of your entry, which includes the exact name that your video should have (minus the .mp4 or .mpg as we don't know for sure which format you will submit it) as well as a button to print out the entry form that you will then mail in with your entry to assure your entry can be properly identified.
-Nate

Music Video Contest Coordinator - Video/Audio Track(VAT) DH - Youmacon 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005

This Week in AMVs

#7 User is offline   DigiDragon 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17565

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:06 PM

Because it's related to format, I was wondering if I could ask a question here. I'm saving my video with Vegas Movie Studio Premium 9.0 and I've found a setting that saves the video as everything that I want, but under Audio for some reason it says "None." I'm not sure if this means there's no special settings or if it just doesn't save the audio, which would be silly, but I still want to check. Does anyone here use that video program? If so, can they give suggestions on what to save it as so I don't have to encode, or is there no option for that?

#8 User is offline   ngsilver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:26 AM

I haven't used that program before. You may want to ask this question on the forums of animemusicvideos.org. There is a forum for video editing software and someone can possibly help you out.

Though I never recommend saving your video in the final release format from a video editor. The encoders included in these programs tend to be 3rd rate and produce less quality then stand alone programs that output into the format you require. It's usually best to output into a lossless format from your editing program and then convert that into the format you need for the contest.

We recommend tmpegenc for mpeg2 (it comes with a free trial for the mpeg2 output) and zarxgui for outputting the mpeg4.
-Nate

This Week in AMVs

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users