Work Stories Did that REALLY happen?

#421 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:04 AM

View PostPrayer Police, on 08 June 2010 - 12:05 AM, said:

I remember this one time at working at an insurance company, me and one of my coworkers uncovered some insurance fraud and presented to our boss.
He then invites us to his beach house in a getaway island for the weekend.
Next thing you know, we find his dead body upon arrival to his beach house.
To make things worse, dozens of our boss' friends start arriving nonchalantly looking for a impromptu party at his infamous beach house.
We then we had to prop up his lifeless corpse to convince the party goers he was still alive, all the while crazy hi-jinks ensue.

Wow! They should make a movie out of that! ;)
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#422 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 24 May 2010 - 11:48 PM, said:

I remember this one time I was just sitting in my cubicle at work when I received a FedEx package with a ringing cell phone in it.
Next thing I know, some dude named Morpheus is giving me pills and everyone is calling me the One.
I then had to meet with some old-a$s oracle and agent Smith wouldn't let me use the telephone!!!!
Cause this, son, is real!!!!

That reminds me of one awesome day when I was working at a laptop repair facility, and a nice gentleman calls.

Me: "Thank you for calling *******, this is *****, how can I help you?"
Guy: "Hi, um...my name is *****, and I had a question..."
Me: "Okay, do you have a work order number?" *he gives me WO number* "Alright, and what can I answer for you today?"
Guy: "Well, I just sent my laptop out to you guys the other day, but...well...how long will it be til it gets to you?"
Me: "Well, it'll be just one second for me to check~ Hang on..." *checks UPS* "Actually, looks like it should be here later today."
Guy: "Oh, good. Um...I have a HUGE favor to ask. Is there any way you can have someone check that box when it arrives?"
Me: "Certainly, sir. Is there something you need us to look out for?"
Guy: "Yeah....I think I might have accidentally shipped my cell phone with the laptop."
(It should be noted that this guy is out in New York.)
Me: "....Oh dear. Okay, yes, I can definitely make a note to look out for that."
Guy: "You can? Oh thank you! That's my main line of contact, but I'm on my office phone right now because I can't find that cell."
Me: "Don't worry, sir, I'll make sure we keep an eye out for it. If you like, I can even give you a call when we've received the box."
Guy: "Oh would you? That'd be great! My office number is xxx-xxx-xxxx. If I'm already gone, just leave a voicemail."
Me: "Will do, sir, and I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as I can."

As soon as I'm off the call, I print up a copy of the work order information, make a note in the system, then run to Tom to let him know. A few hours later, I look at the clock. The UPS truck, at that time, has probably arrived. So I bolt to the warehouse, where sure enough, the shipping/receiving guys are unloading and opening boxes. I rush over, and ask, "How many boxes are left to bring in?" The guys say what's on the bench is all there is. Awesome. I explain the situation, and they let me have at it with checking the boxes for the right work order. (Every box we send to customers has their work order number on it, as well as the type of unit they're sending in.) As soon as I find the right box, I hand it to the guys for opening. The box is opened, and we carefully take out the laptop. Sure enough, nestled at the bottom of the box, is the customer's cell phone.

Thanking the guys, I run the phone back to the front office, where I call the guy back...or attempt to, as it seems he's already left for the day. So I leave a voicemail, and let Tom know about the phone. The next day, the gentleman called back, verified the phone was his, and agreed to pay to have it shipped back Next Day Air to him. He was such a happy guy, but quite embarrassed about having lost his phone!
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#423 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:39 AM

So my boss decides to pick up a jukebox and of course installs it right near where I am working. I come in the next day to find he has it playing away at full blast and he's off playing golf...
:wacko:

Thankfully the music selections were tolerable (good classic rock), but I have wasted little time in finding the location of the volume control and off switch...
:rolleyes: :happydance:

May take my revenge by loading in a CD with "Indian Love Call" on it. If it can make alien invaders heads explode (Mars Attacks!)... Will need to keep ear muffs handy for me though.
:P
This space intentionally left blank.

#424 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

I've figured out why my roommates have been coming into the game lab I work at so often recently... They've finally figured out that I hate them, and they aim to ruin my life, even during the 7-8 hours a day I'm supposed to be free from them -.-... My boss also tells me I can't kick them out for just talking smack, they have to actually act on it...
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#425 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

My only complaint about my job is the music...
we have this playlist on... it's... awful
Justin Bieber ... we have 5 of his songs....
and they almost always come on in a row...
and if the ipod resets or dies or w/e * it happens often * then I get another full round of it....
I die a little inside every time that kid says "shawty".... no... just no.,..

This post has been edited by linlindesu: 09 June 2010 - 05:18 PM

2015 Cosplay
Elrond's angry face when the hobbits crash the party
Honoka-Dead or Alive Last Roumd
Kongou- Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Rise- Persona 4 Dancing all Night

#426 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:22 PM

View Postlinlindesu, on 09 June 2010 - 05:17 PM, said:

My only complaint about my job is the music...
we have this playlist on... it's... awful
Justin Bieber ... we have 5 of his songs....
and they almost always come on in a row...
and if the ipod resets or dies or w/e * it happens often * then I get another full round of it....
I die a little inside every time that kid says "shawty".... no... just no.,..

Take solace in the fact that the kid is so dumb he doesn't even know that what the German language is.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkKqihEUmH4[/media]
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#427 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:11 PM

View PostRanko, on 09 June 2010 - 05:05 PM, said:

I've figured out why my roommates have been coming into the game lab I work at so often recently... They've finally figured out that I hate them, and they aim to ruin my life, even during the 7-8 hours a day I'm supposed to be free from them -.-... My boss also tells me I can't kick them out for just talking smack, they have to actually act on it...

Still with these guys?
Can you all just agree that you all hate each other and leave it at that.
Tell them that you hate them only because they hate you.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#428 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:13 PM

View PostRanko, on 09 June 2010 - 05:22 PM, said:

Take solace in the fact that the kid is so dumb he doesn't even know that what the German language is.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkKqihEUmH4[/media]

That... that just... wow.. maybe guy should go back to school instead of singing about baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby...

#429 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:48 AM

View Postwrexness, on 09 June 2010 - 08:13 PM, said:

That... that just... wow.. maybe guy should go back to school instead of singing about baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby...

but baby shawty lipgloss one and only balh blah blah *ears bleeding*

i was asked today by a mother if i would consider training for aba therapy as i seem like the perfect person to do it... all i can think right now is do i want to commit to this or do i want to be a lazy bum all summer with just barely making the bills some weeks.
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#430 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:52 AM

View PostZomgBlue, on 11 June 2010 - 12:48 AM, said:

but baby shawty lipgloss one and only balh blah blah *ears bleeding*

i was asked today by a mother if i would consider training for aba therapy as i seem like the perfect person to do it... all i can think right now is do i want to commit to this or do i want to be a lazy bum all summer with just barely making the bills some weeks.

LLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ;0
"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#431 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:01 AM

View Postkungpowkirby, on 11 June 2010 - 12:52 AM, said:

LLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ;0

dont make me suddenly forget how to drive in august.
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#432 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:06 AM

I managed to piss off a customer while I was on lunch. I knew I should have ignored him & kept walking. He was screaming at me from several isles over, with his Miss, Miss, Miss, do you work here? "So I yelled back, cuz he was far away still, you need to find some one with a badge. So he yells back, do you work here. I repeat myself & point to my bare shirt & say, with a badge, see no badge. you need to find some one who is working. So he screams do you work here really loud & mean, cuz now he's angry that I will not help him & he's a lot closer. I had half a mind to just walk away after rolling my eyes, but I said, Not right now, you need to find some one on duty. Then I walked away, while another employees says, Oh don't send that jerk my way. I smiled at her & said I didn't, he knows he has to find them himself, but he's near, you may want to hide, cuz I am sure his pissed off now. I guess he complained to every one he could find about how rude I was. I guess I should have just told him no, or ignored him, perhaps that wouldn't have been rude, but I think he thought I was only because I yelled at him & that was because he was still so far away & yelling to me.
Currently writing a book.

#433 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:20 PM

Oh, I hate it when customers do that. Okay, I can forgive them slightly if the employee is just walking around with the cell phone in hand or something (although really, THAT alone should be a clear sign that someone is not working), but I've gotten stopped several times when I'm walking around shopping - basket in hand, purse on shoulder, earbuds in and working, the works basically. It's like, "Seriously? You can see I'm NOT working; ask someone that is. There's plenty of people around."

A few times I would tell people that I'm currently off the clock and can't really help them, and they still say "Well, I just want to know where this is" or "I just want to know the price of this". Luckily, we don't get in trouble for working off the clock by pointing out where the price check machine is or where something is generally located. Still, it does irritate me.
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (60%; Fairy Tail)
Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series), Pearl (100%; Steven Universe)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#434 User is offline   ImNewHere 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 18485

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:56 PM

I like where I am working now. I just got my first check and OMG they took some taxes out! Loads of them. Out of 4454 they took over 1100 in federal taxes.
For ACen 2012 pics go to http://www.scottyspot.com/acen2012.htm. If you want a full size pic PM me with an email address and tell me which one you would like.

I'm the Emperor of the Left Half of the Universe. I also have cool non-con pics here ---> http://voice0freason...t.com/gallery/?

I need a girlfriend.... No, really.

#435 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:18 PM

View PostImNewHere, on 17 June 2010 - 07:56 PM, said:

I like where I am working now. I just got my first check and OMG they took some taxes out! Loads of them. Out of 4454 they took over 1100 in federal taxes.

That's what happens when you getz paid. Uncle Sam wants his cut too.

#436 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:23 AM

View PostAshori, on 14 June 2010 - 11:20 PM, said:

Oh, I hate it when customers do that. Okay, I can forgive them slightly if the employee is just walking around with the cell phone in hand or something (although really, THAT alone should be a clear sign that someone is not working), but I've gotten stopped several times when I'm walking around shopping - basket in hand, purse on shoulder, earbuds in and working, the works basically. It's like, "Seriously? You can see I'm NOT working; ask someone that is. There's plenty of people around."

A few times I would tell people that I'm currently off the clock and can't really help them, and they still say "Well, I just want to know where this is" or "I just want to know the price of this". Luckily, we don't get in trouble for working off the clock by pointing out where the price check machine is or where something is generally located. Still, it does irritate me.

At my last job, the store manager encouraged us to help customers even if they didn't know we were on break or off the clock. ><

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#437 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:49 AM

View PostImNewHere, on 17 June 2010 - 07:56 PM, said:

Wow. Is that $44.54 a week or a month? Must be nice!

I find you can generally kiss about 25% to 33% of your pay goodbye to taxes, dues, fees, etc. And just wait for the new healthcare bill to kick in...
This space intentionally left blank.

#438 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:09 PM

View PostLina, on 18 June 2010 - 08:23 AM, said:

At my last job, the store manager encouraged us to help customers even if they didn't know we were on break or off the clock. ><

We can get coached, or even fired, if we work off the clock. They are super strict about working off the clock...and meal exceptions...and making sure you take EXACTLY 15 minutes for your break...and walking away from your register for any reason...and following the dress code...and this and that...

Yeah, our store is great. :rolleyes:
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (60%; Fairy Tail)
Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series), Pearl (100%; Steven Universe)

#439 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:10 PM

View PostAshori, on 18 June 2010 - 03:09 PM, said:

We can get coached, or even fired, if we work off the clock. They are super strict about working off the clock...and meal exceptions...and making sure you take EXACTLY 15 minutes for your break...and walking away from your register for any reason...and following the dress code...and this and that...

Yeah, our store is great. :rolleyes:

Oh no! D;

Customer service is #1 so we had to follow that. Luckily, I work in an office and don't have to deal with customers. :3

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#440 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

View PostLina, on 18 June 2010 - 03:10 PM, said:

Oh no! D;

Customer service is #1 so we had to follow that. Luckily, I work in an office and don't have to deal with customers. :3

Oh, ours is too...in addition to making sure that everyone but the managers follows the most stupidest of rules.
I swear, it's gotten to the point that for cashiers like me, our job is to check out items, ask customers to apply for our credit card, and stand there and look pretty when things go wrong since we can't take care of anything on our own.

#441 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

View PostAshori, on 18 June 2010 - 03:43 PM, said:

Oh, ours is too...in addition to making sure that everyone but the managers follows the most stupidest of rules.
I swear, it's gotten to the point that for cashiers like me, our job is to check out items, ask customers to apply for our credit card, and stand there and look pretty when things go wrong since we can't take care of anything on our own.

Oh goodness! O:

#442 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:30 PM

I just applied a million places online.
Wish me luck guys!

(although they're probably going to be pretty pissed off if they hire me when i quit after 1 month to go back to my college town. oh well.)

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#443 User is offline   ImNewHere 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 18485

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:24 AM

View Postobakasan, on 18 June 2010 - 08:49 AM, said:

Wow. Is that $44.54 a week or a month? Must be nice!

I find you can generally kiss about 25% to 33% of your pay goodbye to taxes, dues, fees, etc. And just wait for the new healthcare bill to kick in...

HAHA, that was actually $4,454.31 and $1,113.55, and it was for 2 weeks. I used to just make about $1,320 every 2 weeks. Still, just in federal taxes that almost seems excessive. I hate paying taxes.
For ACen 2012 pics go to http://www.scottyspot.com/acen2012.htm. If you want a full size pic PM me with an email address and tell me which one you would like.

I'm the Emperor of the Left Half of the Universe. I also have cool non-con pics here ---> http://voice0freason...t.com/gallery/?

I need a girlfriend.... No, really.

#444 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19831

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:19 AM

So i thought this was pretty lame, for any of us who work or have worked at walmart know that the customer is number one priority...
My friend Nick works in Wireless and currently wireless, electronics, and photo lab have begun doing "zones" again where the associates are assigned to sections within their department that they should stay in to help customers. Our store is also on a recycling kick where we have tons of plastic bins up to recycle (which i really like ^^) Nick went to throw away some plastic in the photo area since there was no recycle bin in his zone by the wireless desk and noticed a customer waiting for help at the photo desk. Nick is a secondary associate in photo and seeing as the other two associates were busy, decided to help the customer. Shortly there after the ZMS of his department sees him in Photo and scolds him for not being in his zone area. He goes on to explain that the customer was waiting and photo associates were busy but the ZMS says he should have just left the customer to be helped by the Photo associates. He then goes on his break though having disagreed with his ZMS's logic and when he returns he is met by the ZMS and the co-manager, who proceed to give him a "verbal coaching" (which is put into the system) for disagreeing with his ZMS and essentially helping a customer.
Walmart continues to amaze me >.>
Cosplay.com!!![Fullmetal_C]
Deviant Art!!![ShojO-ShortY][/center]

#445 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:33 AM

View PostFullmetal_C, on 21 June 2010 - 12:19 AM, said:

So i thought this was pretty lame, for any of us who work or have worked at walmart know that the customer is number one priority...
My friend Nick works in Wireless and currently wireless, electronics, and photo lab have begun doing "zones" again where the associates are assigned to sections within their department that they should stay in to help customers. Our store is also on a recycling kick where we have tons of plastic bins up to recycle (which i really like ^^) Nick went to throw away some plastic in the photo area since there was no recycle bin in his zone by the wireless desk and noticed a customer waiting for help at the photo desk. Nick is a secondary associate in photo and seeing as the other two associates were busy, decided to help the customer. Shortly there after the ZMS of his department sees him in Photo and scolds him for not being in his zone area. He goes on to explain that the customer was waiting and photo associates were busy but the ZMS says he should have just left the customer to be helped by the Photo associates. He then goes on his break though having disagreed with his ZMS's logic and when he returns he is met by the ZMS and the co-manager, who proceed to give him a "verbal coaching" (which is put into the system) for disagreeing with his ZMS and essentially helping a customer.
Walmart continues to amaze me >.>

You've got to be kidding. That's one of the lamest things I've ever heard. Getting coached for helping a customer? Even my store, in all it's messed up logic (see my posts above), doesn't do that.

Really, Nick should take it up with someone of higher authority, because getting coached for that is just ridiculous. It's like when one of our cashiers got coached for carding someone for alcohol - a part of her JOB to do so - and the customer threw a hissy fit. Dunno if she ever got it overturned though.

#446 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19831

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:19 PM

View PostAshori, on 21 June 2010 - 11:33 AM, said:

You've got to be kidding. That's one of the lamest things I've ever heard. Getting coached for helping a customer? Even my store, in all it's messed up logic (see my posts above), doesn't do that.

Really, Nick should take it up with someone of higher authority, because getting coached for that is just ridiculous. It's like when one of our cashiers got coached for carding someone for alcohol - a part of her JOB to do so - and the customer threw a hissy fit. Dunno if she ever got it overturned though.

OMG really? YEAHH thats pretty insane, they even tell you in the CBLS you should ask and to not make the sale if they don't! I agree though, unfortunately Nick has been having some health problems and dealing with severe depression and actually tried to overdose the day after =,= Hopefully after he comes back and is feeling better he can get the matter straightened out because that's just ridiculous!
Cosplay.com!!![Fullmetal_C]
Deviant Art!!![ShojO-ShortY][/center]

#447 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

View PostAshori, on 21 June 2010 - 11:33 AM, said:

Here in Texas you're risking your freedom literally not carding people. The TABC conducts stings all the time at places where alcohol is sold. And if you sell to someone underage, as soon as they walk out the door the TABC officers come in and arrest you. I've seen it happen before - they don't play around.

Did I mention they give these people fake IDs for the purpose too?

Which is why I've always refused to work places that sell alcohol and I might have to check out people with it. ._.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#448 User is offline   keiichi969 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 49954

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

It's like when one of our cashiers got coached for carding someone for alcohol - a part of her JOB to do so - and the customer threw a hissy fit. Dunno if she ever got it overturned though.

I'm dreading the day my pharmacy gets its alcohol license to sell beer. (One week to go on that)

You think dealing with people trying to buy booze is bad, wait till they wanna check out in pharmacy.

Me: "No sir, I can't ring out that beer for you, drinking while on this medication is strongly advised against."

Customer: "Rage rage rage, blah blah blah, demand to talk to manager blah blah blah."

Manager: "Oh just ring out the sale."

Me: "No way, if you want to sell it, you do it."

Me: "Enjoy your highlife and Flagyl!"

For those unaware, Flagyl (metronidazole) and alcohol together will make you VERY VERY sick. Like what Antabuse does to addicts. And I'm not talking about serious drinking, as little alcohol as whats in mouthwash will trigger the reaction.

#449 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:35 PM

Oh goodness! That's not good. D;

#450 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

View Postkeiichi969, on 21 June 2010 - 09:34 PM, said:

I'm dreading the day my pharmacy gets its alcohol license to sell beer. (One week to go on that)

You think dealing with people trying to buy booze is bad, wait till they wanna check out in pharmacy.

Me: "No sir, I can't ring out that beer for you, drinking while on this medication is strongly advised against."

Customer: "Rage rage rage, blah blah blah, demand to talk to manager blah blah blah."

Manager: "Oh just ring out the sale."

Me: "No way, if you want to sell it, you do it."

Me: "Enjoy your highlife and Flagyl!"

For those unaware, Flagyl (metronidazole) and alcohol together will make you VERY VERY sick. Like what Antabuse does to addicts. And I'm not talking about serious drinking, as little alcohol as whats in mouthwash will trigger the reaction.

Now that's just plain stupid. If there's one place that shouldn't ring out alcohol, it's the pharmacy area. =/

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users