Anime Central Forums: Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures 2010 - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures 2010 Whoniverse cosplays for 2010 unite!

#31 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 1105

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:14 PM

Late to the party! I'm planning on making Jack's coat of Awesome this year, so I'll hopefully be joining you at the shoot. I hopefully will have at least an Ianto and a Rose with me too. :thumbup:
"You think so too, right?"

#32 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:32 PM

View PostBrightdreamer, on Feb 14 2010, 11:14 PM, said:

Late to the party! I'm planning on making Jack's coat of Awesome this year, so I'll hopefully be joining you at the shoot. I hopefully will have at least an Ianto and a Rose with me too. :thumbup:

Woo! Just saw this (evil Acen board forgot to tell me!). Glad to have you on board!
Event Accessibility Services staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Anime Milwaukee 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Karma (Assassination Classroom)
C2E2 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), possibly Ghostbuster (if I have my panel), maybe Neptune (RWBY)
ACen 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), Gou Shijima (Kamen Rider Mach), Karma (Assassination Classroom), Neptune (RWBY)
Definite 2017 cons (no cosplay plans set as of yet): Uchi-con, NWI Comic Con

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My cosplay / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#33 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:03 AM

This gathering will be going into the programming book as:
Garden, 7 pm on Friday

Here is a topic with the main schedule, as well as a link to a topic with pictures and maps to the gathering areas.
http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=33837

Any questions? Just pm me!

#34 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:36 AM

Hey all!

Thought I'd mention that, for those of you who can't wait to have fun in your Whoniverse cosplays, my friend and I have organized our second Whoniverse photoshoot. The Facebook event page is here: http://www.facebook....id=284290851121

The plan is, meet at the Starbucks at Lake & Harlem in River Forest at 9 am, Sat, April 17th. From there we'll be caravaning to various photoshoot locations. Last time we spent most of our time at Wright College and Northeastern Illinois University. This time around we're planning on Dominican University, Osterman Beach, the Museum Campus, and possibly a forest preserve.

Feel free to join us! PM me if you want my cell phone number, if you want to join us later in the day or want a contact number just in case. All are welcome, you don't need to be in cosplay (we're creative, we've worked people in before :D )

Also, the photos from our last Whoniverse shoot can be seen here, http://www.the-enthu...g2_itemId=15802 - thanks to The Enthusiasts! :)
Event Accessibility Services staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
C2E2 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), possibly Ghostbuster (if I have my panel), maybe Neptune (RWBY)
ACen 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), Gou Shijima (Kamen Rider Mach), Karma (Assassination Classroom), Neptune (RWBY)

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My cosplay / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#35 User is offline   paper godzilla 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9689

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:12 PM

well I have my 9 costume but I have not lost the weight I wanted to so If I come I'm going to be an over weight 9. So I guess before the convention I'm just going to have to "RUN" alot

here is my doctor

do we have any 11s yet

This post has been edited by paper godzilla: 13 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

#36 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:27 AM

Adding to my group... we definitely have an Ianto and a Gwen on board, as well as Rose. We may also have an Amy Pond looking for an Eleven. :D

Now I just have to get this darn coat done... already have vortex manipulator, shirt, pants, and epic suspenders.

#37 User is offline   Demon Slayer 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 5413

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:19 PM

I'm going to try to show up as a Weeping Angel for the Friday Shoot. I hope I can make it to the shoot but if not I will likely be walking around in said outfit on Friday!
My name's Mary, and I am a student from Chicago studying in Canada.
Facebook Cosplay.Com
---------------------------------------------------
Anime Midwest 2012
Yzma (The Emperor's New Groove), Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan), probably Belle

#38 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

Awesome!! Glad to hear. I look forward to seeing all of you at the shoot!!

We're in the online schedule in the Garden on Friday, and then we were thinking East Outside Wall around 7 on Saturday (not officially scheduled). I'm debating if I do my usual Jack costume or, if we're going to have a Jack, I might throw my Four on for the Friday shoot :)

#39 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:59 PM

View PostKnitChick, on Apr 18 2010, 12:33 AM, said:

Awesome!! Glad to hear. I look forward to seeing all of you at the shoot!!

We're in the online schedule in the Garden on Friday, and then we were thinking East Outside Wall around 7 on Saturday (not officially scheduled). I'm debating if I do my usual Jack costume or, if we're going to have a Jack, I might throw my Four on for the Friday shoot :)

I probably won't make the Saturday shoot unless I decide to wear Jack two days in a row. I am bringing other costumes.

Though some Jackcest would be amusing. X3

#40 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:54 PM

Just a question has anyone ever came as the first doctor and his granddaughter Susan?

I was thinking of cosplaying him next year with my sister as Susan.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#41 User is offline   paper godzilla 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:31 AM

not to my knowledge the earlist doctor I've seen at acen is the 4th doctor.

it would be great to see a first doctor and susan we could do faimly photos of granddaughter and regeneration

#42 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:52 AM

View Postpaper godzilla, on Apr 22 2010, 08:31 AM, said:

not to my knowledge the earlist doctor I've seen at acen is the 4th doctor.

it would be great to see a first doctor and susan we could do faimly photos of granddaughter and regeneration

Yes! That would be awesome.

"I never realized I regenerated this much, how interesting."
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#43 User is offline   DoomTako 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 26807

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:00 PM

I'll be going as the third Doctor. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it to the shoot, but otherwise I'll just be wandering around hoping someone actually recognizes me.
Cosplay 2013

Kili (The Hobbit)
Gabriel (Supernatural): Saturday photoshoot?

tumblr

#44 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:50 PM

View PostDoomTako, on Apr 26 2010, 02:00 PM, said:

I'll be going as the third Doctor. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it to the shoot, but otherwise I'll just be wandering around hoping someone actually recognizes me.

THREE!!!!!! :D I'm sure I'll recognize you...as well as my whole department (we're all Doctor Who fans) Be warned... I may need to glomp you. ;)

#45 User is offline   iHane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19148

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

I do realize that this is KIND of REALLY late, but...
I just got it all together recently, so I kind of threw the cosplay in at the last decision, but
I will be bringing The Master from the End of Time. :3

I'll have the short hair, but it's probably not going to be the right color, which is why
the hood will be up. :3
Not attending ACen 2012 due to a college final. :(

"Are there rats running amuck? Are we running low on cheese?"

#46 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:09 AM

Just thought y'all might want to see the progress:

http://twitpic.com/1kgoht

Don't have the coat quite yet (and I am working frantically!), but the rest of the outfit is complete! This would be CoE Jack, as I found the perfect shade of blue shirt, yay!

#47 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:28 AM

View PostBrightdreamer, on May 3 2010, 03:09 AM, said:

Just thought y'all might want to see the progress:

http://twitpic.com/1kgoht

Don't have the coat quite yet (and I am working frantically!), but the rest of the outfit is complete! This would be CoE Jack, as I found the perfect shade of blue shirt, yay!

Looking good!! Where did you find the grey suspenders? I've been looking ALL over for those ever since I first started cosplaying Jack 2 years ago!

#48 User is offline   TheatreGirl79 

• Event Accessibility Services DH
  • Pip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 22301

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:18 AM

So, real life is finally slowing down in time for ACen craziness. **waves at everyone** Hey! I'm one of those crazy people behind the Chicagoland Whoniverse Photoshoots. I will be one of your photographers - and yes, I can juggle four cameras at one time, at the least!

I will have Ianto and Owen costumes with me, including my labcoat, just not sure what I will be wearing what day, I hate to clash and be wearing the same person, so if any Owen or Ianto wants to give me a heads that would be awesome! (Also, hope I find a better wig this time, the last one was epic fail.)

I have great ideas when it comes to setting up shots, and to forewarn you, I would love it if we could get some Chicks Dig Time Lords shots.

I cannot wait to see all the wonderful work you guys have done!

#49 User is offline   DoomTako 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 26807

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

View PostKnitChick, on Apr 27 2010, 12:50 AM, said:

THREE!!!!!! :D I'm sure I'll recognize you...as well as my whole department (we're all Doctor Who fans) Be warned... I may need to glomp you. ;)

Excellent! I'm looking forward to it! Now I just need to actually finish the last pieces of my costume...
Cosplay 2013

Kili (The Hobbit)
Gabriel (Supernatural): Saturday photoshoot?

tumblr

#50 User is offline   paper godzilla 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

I'm surprised no one had posted about doing the 11th

looking thou the list we seem to potentially have
a number of jacks and 10
doctors 3,4,9
looks like most of torchwood
Rose, Martha, Donna, amy
master
weeping angle
empty children

if I have missed any please tell me
also not everyone post on the forums so we could get some more the day of.

This post has been edited by paper godzilla: 06 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

#51 User is offline   aanglove1 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 20732

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:02 PM

View PostKnitChick, on Jan 14 2010, 01:26 AM, said:

That would be sweeet! Tux!10 doesn't get cosplayed enough!

I second! He doesn't.

And you will be jumped. XP But it will be all in the name of AWESOME.
Call me Val. Or the Mistress of Crack. Either works.

WHY ISN'T IT ACEN YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET?!

Oz Vessalius from Pandora Hearts (Drama CD version) 14% Complete
Young Walter from Hellsing 100% Complete
Underthebust!Ciel from Kuroshitsuji (doujinshi) 100% Complete
Doll from Kuroshitsuji (manga) 10% COMPLETE
Abyss from Pandora Hearts 3%

#52 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

THANK YOU to everyone who came!!

I think we had two spectacular shoots this year! I still can't believe we had so many people on Friday we needed to move from the Garden! I think I will just request the East Outside Wall for our shoots next year, it seems to work very well for us.

My photos are pretty much all up on Flickr, http://www.flickr.co.../knitchick1979/ and Facebook. If you send me a FB friend request *please* say who you are, like "I was Eleven at the Doctor Who shoot", otherwise I ignore requests from people I don't know. But my photos are all public on Flickr. They're web-sized so if you want a full res photo let me know.

Again, thank you all! I had so much fun at both of our shoots this year, and I'm already looking forward to next year. Though, we are likely going to have another Whoniverse Photoshoot, probably in Sept or October. I'll announce it on my LiveJournal, Knitchick1979.livejournal.com and on FB and probably here, so if you're somewhat local please come! :D

And please, let me know where your photos are! Esp since my camera was being a bit fussy Friday I didn't get everything, plus I like seeing all the different angles :)

#53 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:45 AM

I've photo-dumped all my pics into my gallery for your viewing pleasure. The beginning ones are of the big group photoshoot, then there are some private ones done with me and my friends later. I plan to go through and caption some of the pics when I'm not so sleeeeepy...

#54 User is offline   Gronkubus 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 7185

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:06 AM

Twas a fantastic shoot on saturday. I was the blue color scheme Eleven. I'll be bringing it back next year as well, for some very spiffy bow tie-and-suspenders action. And I *may* have Five in time for it too... It's being added to my long list of other costumes...
Past cosplays:2006: Fail Vincent Valentine, Tseng of the Turks 2007: Greed (the one who kept calling Ed short), Hajime Saito 2008: Greed, Enishi (with ripped pants... In a really bad spot.) 2009: Nicholas D. Wolfwood, Yu Kanda 2010: Eleventh Doctor (blue color scheme), young Walter Dornez, steampunk outfit (original character)
Upcoming cosplays: 2011: Battler Uroshimiya, Eleventh Doctor (probably), Kurogasa/ Udo Jin-e (tentatively), Zidane Tribal (hopefully!)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users