Battle of the Rock Bands: The Second Slaying, is ACen's second annual Rock Band 2 tournament. This tournament will be held on a stage, infront of a crowd, and is based on entertainment rather than score. Location & time TBA!
Note from Organizers:
We grossly underestimated the turnout for BotRB last year; to cope with the popularity we have reworked the entire event. Thank you all for your support last year, and we are looking forward to shattering your expectations this year!
- All Bands MUST have four members.
- Each band will play one of their three songs, chosen by the judge panel during the tournament.
- Axing guitars, throwing drumsticks, or any other means of destroying/harming the equipment and/or instruments is immeadiate disqualification, with possibility of ejection and legal action to recover costs.
- You will be judged on a miraid of aspects, the heaviest being entertainment.
- There is a unique scoring system in place that factors how well your band plays, how entertaining you are, and how the crowd reacts.
- Any difficulty may be played; there is a scoring alogrythm in place to reward playing on harder difficulties.
- Each band is to pick out three songs from our master list (below).
- During the sign-up process you will disclose your three songs, and be asked to play one of them at con.
- You will NOT be told which of your three songs you are playing until you're up next for the stage.
Band / Crowd Interaction Rules:
- ONLY the band will be allowed on stage.
- You cannot intruduce 'foreign instruments' while onstage. (No swapping out w/ real guitar, etc.)
- Song lyric changes are ok. Note: All lyrics MUST be 'clean', explicit language will get your band disqualified.
- No crowd surfing / encouraging crowd surfing.
- No mosh pits / encouraging mosh pits.
Onstage, there will be an adverage-sized Tv facing the band. The Tv will be on the floor, angled upwards; It is advisable to practice reading (playing) from a similar situation beforehand.
- Main sign-ups will take place ONLINE before the con. There are very strict stipulations in place for Online sign-up. Online spots are first-come first-serve.
- There will be an extremely-limited number of walk-up sign-up spots At-Con. These spots are first-come first-serve, and open up first thing Friday.
***Sign-Up Status: CLOSED. Click here or navigate to the bottom of this thread for full info!***
Standby Rockers (Players):
- IF there are any walk-up spots open, we will have a Looking-For-Band sheet available at the Staff Table in the VG room.
- The sheet will be made available Friday evening IF there are still open walk-up spots.
Band Practice: >UPDATED!!!<
- Do NOT rely on at-con practice. Take time beforehand to practice and learn your songs.
- The list below is all of the available songs for your band to choose from.
- Songs over 4min30sec are generally cut from the BotRB event.
- If there is a song that you want to see on the list, email me about it at email@example.com with the subject "BotRB:TSS DLC Content".
-> Please keep all Songlist comments and questions STRICTLY to email. <-
We are all looking forward to this Rockfest! Show us your best!