Anime Central Forums: Tales Of 2010? - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tales Of 2010? Abyss, Smyphonia, Vesperia... etc!

#31 User is offline   M. Copps 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 17563

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

View PostStarlett-chan, on Jul 11 2009, 03:18 PM, said:

I'm PRAYING TO GOD I get Zelos done by 2010. dklasjdakl orz

I've already started him, and I've already gotten my wig. |D;

My goal is to get him done by Reactor time... so if I can manage that, I'll be debuting him there. If not.... then he's being debuted at ACen XDD

but yeah. I also read there weren't that much Symphonia this year? >>; I was happy with the amount I saw. THERE WAS A REGAL OKAY. A REGAL.
....still waiting for a Wonder Chef though, so... ^^;

Heh, Zelos eh? See if you can get the hat and mask for the "Masked Swordsman" costume. You could change costumes mid photoshoot! It'd be a riot!

Ah yes, the guy cosplaying Regal certainly had "guts" to make a bad pun... XD. Im glad there was a Presea there as well. I just hope this upcoming year has more people cosplaying from the earlier Tales of.. Games.

This post has been edited by M. Copps: 14 July 2009 - 06:37 PM

#32 User is offline   Torreschette 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 29602

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

Kind of a random reply, but my friend dictatorofrandomosia will be cosplaying Dist next year. She's a very good Dist and she can get really deep into his character. If I can get a wig and manage to get into character/lose weight/finish my costume I'll come as Sync again (I was the fail Sync). If not I'll probably show up as Suzu from Tales of Phantasia.

We might have another Jade too if all goes well.

#33 User is offline   Rira 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 34993

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:34 AM

Oh wow, not many people are going from Vesperia? ; ; Man...I'm wrong, aren't I? Did I not notice it when I skimmed this?

Well, on other notes, I'm gonna be bringing Rita Mordio from Vesperia as my cosplay costume, when I go.
Acen 2010 Cosplay list~
Rita Mordio (Tales of Vesperia) [90% complete...stupid book. TT_TT]
Secret Cosplay is currently on hold.

May do: Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Note: For the TWEWY cosplayers, I do regret to say that I cannot do Rhyme at the moment. All isn't going to well with her, so she's also on hold for ACen '11, even if TWEWY isn't as popular as it is now... ^^;;

#34 User is offline   dog chasing cars 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 22522

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:27 PM

I shall be cosplaying bitchy-- I mean long haired!Luke fon Fabre :D

I'm planning on causing lots of scenes. <_< >_>
Facebook || Tumblr Feel free to add either of these :) I enjoy talking to new people~

#35 User is offline   Mazoku 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 28021

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:10 PM

My husband and I will be cosplaying Yuri and Estelle from Vesperia. If we bring our daughter along she'll be cosplaying from Vesperia as well, just not sure who yet.
ACEN Cosplays:
Estelle - Tales of Vesperia [0%]
Koto - Yu Yu Hakusho [20%]
Eve Neusch von Stein - Needless [0%]

#36 User is offline   Rira 

• Pip

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:47 PM

You're going as Yuri and Estelle?! I'm glad I'm not gonna be the only one at ACen who is wearing a Vesperia costume. :D
Acen 2010 Cosplay list~

Note: For the TWEWY cosplayers, I do regret to say that I cannot do Rhyme at the moment. All isn't going to well with her, so she's also on hold for ACen '11, even if TWEWY isn't as popular as it is now... ^^;;

#37 User is offline   Mazoku 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 28021

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:06 AM

Vesperia doesn't get nearly as much love as Symphonia or Abyss does.
ACEN Cosplays:
Estelle - Tales of Vesperia [0%]
Koto - Yu Yu Hakusho [20%]
Eve Neusch von Stein - Needless [0%]

#38 User is offline   cloudacmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17980

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

I may try and do Raven from Tales of Vesperia.

I have to see when Finals are first though.
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudacmaster
Cosplays did not happen in 2009, thanks to finals. Things are not looking good in 2010 either :/ I may not make it til Acen until Sat. evening.
Forum Doctor and Forum weather man!

#39 User is offline   Rira 

• Pip

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

So we currently have a Yuri, Estelle, and a Rita, and now maybe a Raven?

Well, its up to you and the time of your finals, though. Take your time to decide.
Acen 2010 Cosplay list~

#40 User is offline   Dark_Tsubasa 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17809

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:58 PM

Wow I haven't been on in a while...oops.

I've been debating about trying to finish two cosplays in time for next ACEN, outside of normal Sync. At some point in the near future I will be attempting to make Sync's second costume (the pretty white and green one) but we'll see, since I'm also making Issac from Golden Sun...

View PostM. Copps, on Jul 2 2009, 08:34 PM, said:

In regards to the whole voice thing... I know a bit about that, and what I suggest is to listen to his lines as he says them in the game, and as you say them at the same time, start to match it up until you feel you have it down. Thus is they way to get more in synch with Sync (I need to stop re-using that pun... XD). Thus was the method I used to get more in tune with Jade's voice, and overall personality.

As for photoshoot ideas.... I rather like those suggestions. If i'm there to run the photoshoot again, i'll keep that in mind. Though we had a few things like that (Asch vs. Richter), it really wasnt all that... erm... prevelent. Feel free to help out with your suggestions both on the forums, and at the photoshoot. My aim for this "game" is to make things fun for everyone (wow that sounded lame. Time to rhyme, eh? XD its the truth though).

That's really good advice! Thank you! I like Sync's Japanese voice more than his English, but both are fairly simple for me to mimic. I will become more in synch with Sync. XD I'll keep working at it until I've got it down! Hopefully by ACEN 2010 I will be able to pull off Sync's body type better too. It's a little hard sometimes to do such a close-fitting costume and be a girl trying to be a guy. XD If that made any sense.

I'd love to do more battle sequences, but that's my thing. lol I loved fighting Richter one on one and, of course, all the Tales of good guys with my fellow Sync. I am hoping with some help from a friend to really learn his movements and become totally synced with Sync. I really gotta stop copying that pun. XD

That reminds me! There were at least two Wonder Chefs at Otakon! It was really awesome to see!

This post has been edited by Dark_Tsubasa: 01 August 2009 - 07:01 PM

Confirmed Cosplays (2013):
*NEW* Tybalt (Romeo X Juliet) - 95%
Genderbend Sync the Tempest (Tales of the Abyss) - 100%

#41 User is offline   Vicka 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 15276

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:02 AM

View PostRira, on Jul 30 2009, 04:58 PM, said:

So we currently have a Yuri, Estelle, and a Rita, and now maybe a Raven?

Well, its up to you and the time of your finals, though. Take your time to decide.

Haha..... guess you didn't read the earlier post :P

LAST year I was the only vesperia person there :(... it was lonely! BUT this year as of now on my end that I have completely 100% sure coming is myself as Rita once again, Yuri, and Raven. I had a few maybes but I don't know if they are for sure doing it. If it does work out and people do say yes I would be coming with (the three before), Estelle, Karol, Judith, Yeager, and Flynn. But AGAIN! I doubt it! SO I have 3 for sure coming!

BUT I'm excited to already hear that other Vesperia are coming this year! Maybe we can balance out the overlly Symphonia meet up @_@

On a side note I REALLY want to do a wonder chef, but with having moved to houston for right now and trying to figure job stuff out that won't be happening maybe until next Acen. If I move back to chicago I'll probably celebrate by getting a wonder chef costume done!!!

#42 User is offline   Rira 

• Pip

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:04 PM

You're cosplaying as Rita, too? Yay! Rita, FTW! : D

You were the only one from Vesperia last year? That would stink. D :

So far, there is only one person I am going with, but she's cosplaying as other characters from another game, unfortunately. But would it be fine if I meet up with you guys, sometime at the con?
Acen 2010 Cosplay list~

#43 User is offline   Vicka 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 15276

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:08 AM

Yes you can :)

I will probably be roaming the con in cosplay on Saturday (simply cause I have to fly in and what not, visit friends around the city and all that jazz on friday). So ya I mean I'll be prancing around in my cosplay on Saturday.

#44 User is offline   Rira 

• Pip

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:54 PM

Yay! :)

So then I would have to look for another Rita, on Saturday, then? I'm not sure what days I would be there, but definately Saturday if I do go. I'll also be in costume, then, too. ^^
Acen 2010 Cosplay list~

#45 User is offline   Torreschette 

• Pip

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:46 AM

I have a quick question for you, Dark Tsubasa: Can you mimic Sync's Japanese voice from the anime or the game?

Er...sorry about the randomness of this reply....

This post has been edited by Torreschette: 10 August 2009 - 01:47 AM

#46 User is offline   tsukeru 

• ~Not a Moderator~
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 19344

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:04 AM

I am highly thinking about attending ACen as Asbel from Tales of Graces, but I may mostly likely not have the funds to do him for '10. Otherwise, I'm trying to convince my Guy to match with me and do Endgame versions of Luke (me) and Guy from Abyss.

#47 User is offline   Dark_Tsubasa 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:50 PM

View PostTorreschette, on Aug 10 2009, 02:46 AM, said:

I have a quick question for you, Dark Tsubasa: Can you mimic Sync's Japanese voice from the anime or the game?

Er...sorry about the randomness of this reply....

I'm learning how to. ^^ His Japanese voice is easier to mimic sometimes than English, but it is a little hard since I'm a girl and he's a guy. His voice is light enough that it's easier to mimic than, say, Guy or Jade, especially in English, but it's still a little difficult to get the right intonation. Speaking Japanese is actually turning out to be easier than English in some cases, since I can't really speak English and use Sync's Japanese voice. ^^; But I'll hopefully have it down for the photoshoot!

I'm also hoping to have his second costume done, but...well, with making Issac's (Golden Sun) and with the difficulty level of his second costume, I'm not sure if I can get ti done. We'll see!

Oh...I went on a tirade. XD Hope that answered your question, Torreschette!

#48 User is offline   Torreschette 

• Pip

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:50 PM

View PostDark_Tsubasa, on Aug 14 2009, 09:50 PM, said:

'm learning how to. ^^ His Japanese voice is easier to mimic sometimes than English, but it is a little hard since I'm a girl and he's a guy. His voice is light enough that it's easier to mimic than, say, Guy or Jade, especially in English, but it's still a little difficult to get the right intonation. Speaking Japanese is actually turning out to be easier than English in some cases, since I can't really speak English and use Sync's Japanese voice. ^^; But I'll hopefully have it down for the photoshoot!

I'm also hoping to have his second costume done, but...well, with making Issac's (Golden Sun) and with the difficulty level of his second costume, I'm not sure if I can get ti done. We'll see!

Um....actually it didn't. What I was trying to ask was if you were going to mimic the Japanese voice from the game or the Japanese voice from the anime since they're two different voices. I'm pretty sure you're trying to do the Japanese voice from the game so you did sort of answer the question.

I wish you luck if you can find the time to make his second costume. I'm thinking I'll cosplay Sync in his black outfit again since I finally really figured out how to pose as him, but I still have a few other characters I'm still considering for cosplays.

And a question for everyone: Is anyone even considering going as a character from a Tales game before Symphonia?

#49 User is offline   Rira 

• Pip

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:43 PM

If someone is going as a character from Symphonia, judging from what I've heard, I'm gonna slam my head onto my desk. No offense to those who are, but...its just a cosplay that is overused, like Kingdom Hearts. >.>
Acen 2010 Cosplay list~

#50 User is offline   M. Copps 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:23 AM

View PostRira, on Aug 15 2009, 11:43 PM, said:

If someone is going as a character from Symphonia, judging from what I've heard, I'm gonna slam my head onto my desk. No offense to those who are, but...its just a cosplay that is overused, like Kingdom Hearts. >.>

Overused.... but it is nowhere NEAR the level of.... :shuriken: *shudder* Naruto!

Hmm... I agree on that. If you ARE going to cosplay from Symphonia... perhaps some of the alternate character outfits? It would make things bearable. Or perhaps even cosplay less cosplayed, or less popular characters? It would be nice to see veriety, even if only from ONE game. However... I doubt we will have too much trouble with that this year, if previous posts indicate.

#51 User is offline   Torreschette 

• Pip

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:41 AM

View PostM. Copps, on Aug 16 2009, 03:23 AM, said:

Hmm... I agree on that. If you ARE going to cosplay from Symphonia... perhaps some of the alternate character outfits? It would make things bearable. Or perhaps even cosplay less cosplayed, or less popular characters? It would be nice to see veriety, even if only from ONE game. However... I doubt we will have too much trouble with that this year, if previous posts indicate.

This next year will probably be pretty much all Vesperia and Abyss. i was just wondering since I'm still considering dressing up as Suzu, but I don't want to to be the only Phantasia character.

#52 User is offline   M. Copps 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:08 AM

View PostTorreschette, on Aug 16 2009, 04:41 AM, said:

This next year will probably be pretty much all Vesperia and Abyss. i was just wondering since I'm still considering dressing up as Suzu, but I don't want to to be the only Phantasia character.

hey, even if you may be the only one, do it! Originality is a HUGE plus in cosplay, believe me! I know that I, as a photographer, enjoy seeing a great veriety of cosplay... rather then a bunch of overdone BS.

#53 User is offline   Torreschette 

• Pip

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:42 AM

View PostM. Copps, on Aug 16 2009, 05:08 AM, said:

hey, even if you may be the only one, do it! Originality is a HUGE plus in cosplay, believe me! I know that I, as a photographer, enjoy seeing a great veriety of cosplay... rather then a bunch of overdone BS.

There are a few characters I'm still thinking of, so I don't know if I'll go with Suzu or not. My friend is cosplaying as Dist so I want to be able to act with her.

#54 User is offline   Dark_Tsubasa 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:21 PM

View PostTorreschette, on Aug 15 2009, 08:50 PM, said:

Um....actually it didn't. What I was trying to ask was if you were going to mimic the Japanese voice from the game or the Japanese voice from the anime since they're two different voices. I'm pretty sure you're trying to do the Japanese voice from the game so you did sort of answer the question.

I wish you luck if you can find the time to make his second costume. I'm thinking I'll cosplay Sync in his black outfit again since I finally really figured out how to pose as him, but I still have a few other characters I'm still considering for cosplays.

And a question for everyone: Is anyone even considering going as a character from a Tales game before Symphonia?

:blush: Oops. I misunderstood your question, sorry. I'm actually picking up his Japanese voice from the anime. It's easier since I know the anime so well. And the only problem I'd have with doing Sync's second one is that it's so difficult to make, and I have to worry about school and everything. XD

My friend went as Leon Magnus last year, and it's likely she'll be bringing it back this year, since she's involved with our DePaul group. ^^ She'll also be going as a Golden Sun character too. We're still working out what days we're pulling off what characters.

Hopefully we'll have a huge turnout with a variety of characters. It'd be nice to see some more bad guys ^^; Especially seeing as Dist and the Syncs are returning! ^^

#55 User is offline   Torreschette 

• Pip

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

View PostDark_Tsubasa, on Aug 16 2009, 06:21 PM, said:

:blush: Oops. I misunderstood your question, sorry. I'm actually picking up his Japanese voice from the anime. It's easier since I know the anime so well. And the only problem I'd have with doing Sync's second one is that it's so difficult to make, and I have to worry about school and everything. XD

My friend went as Leon Magnus last year, and it's likely she'll be bringing it back this year, since she's involved with our DePaul group. ^^ She'll also be going as a Golden Sun character too. We're still working out what days we're pulling off what characters.

Well if it's easier for you then great. I always found the Japanese game one to be easier since he sounds much more high pitched and slightly girly. Well I guess I can mimic that one then! ^^
School is so annoying. I really wanted to start early and do an over the top costume but no such luck and I'll have no time when school starts. Hopefully at some point in the coming years I can cosplay Chesedonia's Ant Lion Man before global warming sets in. Otherwise I'd get heat stroke with all the layers. I mean last year my friends that were taking pictures were freezing and I had two layers of black and I couldn't tell it was cold.

I'm hoping will have more Abyss characters then people have been saying. I know PencilWarior's group are probably bringing their costumes back so that's an Anise, Jade, and Tokunaga. Hopefully this next year we will finally have a Luke.

#56 User is offline   Rira 

• Pip

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:05 PM

I think OharikO mentioned that he/she was gonna be Cosplaying as Luke this year.

Ugh, school...making a cosplay during that time always sucks. I made a Vivi (From Final Fantasy 9) cosplay last year for Halloween and because of school, and the time I had to get it done in, it pretty much sucked. I didn't even had time to finish the wand I was making, either, and the hat, too. ; ;
Acen 2010 Cosplay list~

#57 User is offline   Dark_Tsubasa 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

@ Rira: Yuck that bites. I'm hoping to get two costumes (one of which is very complicated - guess who lol) done before ACEN and Otakon next year, but with the complexities...and school...well, we'll see. I'm probably going to end up modding already made clothing, since Issac wears some fairly normal stuff. If only Sync were so simple...but then, he wouldn't be the epic Sync, am I right? ^^

@ Torreschette: I'll have to listen to the Japanese game version - I've never heard it, I don't think... Still, I'd like to try and pull off the lower one if I can. My voice is naturally lower, so...hopefully it'll work. ^^;

Good luck with school, everyone who has it! \^__^/ I'm rootin' for you!

So it sounds like (potentially) we have 2 Syncs (possibly one with end game costume), Dist, Anise, Jade, Tokunaga, Luke...Hopefully Ion and Asch will return too!

This post has been edited by Dark_Tsubasa: 16 August 2009 - 10:03 PM

#58 User is offline   Rira 

• Pip

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:03 PM

Same with me, with having to deal with two costumes. One of the costumes is easy, fortunately, but with Rita Mordio, I have a few problems. They aren't too bad, though. Its just that the necklace she wears has a double layer of the ribbon-like string in the necklace, so its hard to get the ribbon I have to act like that. Otherwise, I have the pendant done, but its VERY fragile. >.>;

If the pendant gets ruined, though, then I'm not gonna be happy. That took me a whole week to work on! ><;

This post has been edited by Rira: 16 August 2009 - 10:04 PM

Acen 2010 Cosplay list~

#59 User is offline   M. Copps 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:14 PM

Eh, I have three big costumes this next Acen. One of which is giong to be a completly new concept to me in costume making..... I mean seriously.... power armor is hard to make realisticly like in Fallout 3 :wacko: . Pity I had to throw aside my idea for Dist..... it would have been fun. <_<

#60 User is offline   PrinnyQueenAshers 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 36897

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:32 AM

No Legendia love?

Me and my boyfriend will be cosplaying as Chloe and Stingle for 2010. I'd love to see a small group of Legendia Cosplayers. I might make an oresoren plushie too. X3
Acen 2010 Cosplay Plans
no idea currently

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users