Anime Central Forums: Hallway Contest Winners, Changes For '10 And Feedback Thread - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hallway Contest Winners, Changes For '10 And Feedback Thread I'm All Ears

#1 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 2371

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:59 PM

Another year, another successful Hallway Contest!

Thank you to everyone that entered this year. Special thank you to my judges as well. First off, here were the winners from this year's Hallway Contest. I'm leaving out names since I do not know how the winners wish to be credited.

Judges Awards

Erika Door's judges award:
Momma from The Last Unicorn

Oshi's judges award:
Hugo from Suikoden III

Flispter's judges award:
Richter Belmont and Maria Renard from Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Rising Star Award:
Link from The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

General Awards

Best Character Likeness:
Sergeant Hatred from The Venture Bros

Best Prop:
Zoro from One Piece

Best Individual:
Princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Best Group:
Sackboy and Popit Menu from LittleBigPlanet

I have already started discussing and restructuring the Hallway Contest. We wanted to make sure that this event was going to be successful before we wanted to implement any major changes.

The Awards

These are changing a lot. The awards are now getting a tier system and two of the awards will be available on separate days. As it stands, the new awards will look like this:

Best Individual Novice (Friday and Saturday)
Best Individual Journeyman (Friday and Saturday)
Best Group Novice (Friday and Saturday)
Best Group Journeyman (Friday and Saturday)
Three judges awards (One a piece for both days)
Rising Star (One for both days)
Best Child (One for both days and only if a minimum of three compete)
Best American Based Cosplay (One for both days)
and finally The Thriftiness Award (Closet Cosplay)

The Rising Star Award goes to the individual I see as being the person with the highest amount of potential with limited experience. The Thrift Award will be mostly based off of Character Likeness and the best ability at using what is available. Yes, digging through your closet is a way to enter in this, but the way you use the things at your immediate disposal will be how you are judges. Creativity is the biggest key for this award.

The way you enter will still be the same. Arrive at the hours of operation, fill out a form, then get judged on the spot.

YOU CANNOT COMPETE IN THE MASQUERADE WITH THE COSTUME YOU ENTER INTO THE HALLWAY. THIS IS A MAJOR RULE. IF YOU BREAK IT, YOU WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH ME. I GO TO BOTH EVENTS.

Since there was a lot of confusion with this, this year, I am adding an award for American Based video games, movies and cartoons. But there is only one award for this. Keep this in mind.

THIS WILL BE A REQUIREMENT FOR NEXT YEAR. YOU HAVE A YEAR TO PREPARE FOR THIS. YOU MUST BRING AT LEAST ONE PROGRESS PHOTO (unless you are competing for the Thrift award) AND YOU MUST BRING A REFERENCE PHOTO. NO IF, ANDS OR BUTS.

You have been given MAJOR advance. You do not bring these two things, you will not be allowed to enter. It can be on your camera, cell phone, laptop, iPhone, I don't care, but it MUST be available for the judges to look at.

The new rules will be posted a few months before the convention, but now is the time to voice any questions, concerns, comments or suggestions. Thank you everyone for helping to make this event work. There are big plans for the Masquerade department in general next year and I can't wait to be able to share it all with you.

Your Hallway Contest Master,
Jessie
Don't forget the rabies. Everything taste better with rabies. YAY rabies!

JessiePridemore.com Cosplay deviantART

#2 User is offline   Shinteetah 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 7199

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:52 PM

View PostThatOneChick, on May 12 2009, 11:59 PM, said:

THIS WILL BE A REQUIREMENT FOR NEXT YEAR. YOU HAVE A YEAR TO PREPARE FOR THIS. YOU MUST BRING AT LEAST ONE PROGRESS PHOTO (unless you are competing for the Thrift award) AND YOU MUST BRING A REFERENCE PHOTO. NO IF, ANDS OR BUTS.

You have been given MAJOR advance. You do not bring these two things, you will not be allowed to enter. It can be on your camera, cell phone, laptop, iPhone, I don't care, but it MUST be available for the judges to look at.

I strongly suggest putting this in a separate "2010 Hall Cosplay Contest" thread and also on the main site in the cosplay rules. If I were browsing for 2010 information, I would not automatically look up a feedback thread for the previous year, and I would be quite annoyed to find myself held to a new rule mentioned in last year's thread.

That said, it sounds like next year one person could theoretically compete in three costumes -- Friday Hall, Saturday Hall, and Saturday Masquerade. Correct?

/rubs hands and giggles gleefully/
"...And Sewing Is Half the Battle!" | my author site
ACen masq costumes:
2006 -- Shredded Ed Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist) | 2007 -- Monte Cristo Hakushaku (Gankutsuou)
2008 -- Mephistopheles, Prince of Hell | 2009 -- Gourry Gabriev (Slayers Revolution|Evolution R)
2010 -- Full Throttle Paine (Final Fantasy X-2) | 2011 -- Emperor Ryuki (Saiunkoku)
2012 -- Percy Blakney (The Scarlet Pimpernel, Takarazuka) | 2013 -- Loki (Avengers)
2014 -- Ryuuki (Saiunkoku Monogatari) | 2015 -- Tuxedo Mask (Boy Band Shitennou)

#3 User is offline   Valencia Crowe 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17679

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:58 PM

I just want to make sure I understand this. I want to enter a closet cosplay, so I have to bring in only a reference picture, correct?
"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people" -Harry MacDougal

#4 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2371

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:01 PM

View PostShinteetah, on May 13 2009, 12:52 AM, said:

I strongly suggest putting this in a separate "2010 Hall Cosplay Contest" thread and also on the main site in the cosplay rules. If I were browsing for 2010 information, I would not automatically look up a feedback thread for the previous year, and I would be quite annoyed to find myself held to a new rule mentioned in last year's thread.

That said, it sounds like next year one person could theoretically compete in three costumes -- Friday Hall, Saturday Hall, and Saturday Masquerade. Correct?

/rubs hands and giggles gleefully/

It will in a few months. For now I don't want to clutter up with toooo many threads. I'll make sure everything goes up as soon as the 2010 site goes up next year.

And yes you could.

View PostValencia Crowe, on May 13 2009, 12:58 AM, said:

I just want to make sure I understand this. I want to enter a closet cosplay, so I have to bring in only a reference picture, correct?

Yes, that would be required.
Don't forget the rabies. Everything taste better with rabies. YAY rabies!

JessiePridemore.com Cosplay deviantART

#5 User is offline   Valencia Crowe 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17679

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:05 PM

View PostThatOneChick, on May 13 2009, 12:01 AM, said:

Yes, that would be required.

Thank you. I just wanted to make sure that I only needed that for when I enter. Now to remind myself to print out a picture before next year. :)
"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people" -Harry MacDougal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users