• This topic is locked

Exibit Hall Isle Signs where am I?

#1 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 30

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:37 PM

I'd like to suggest for next year that the isles in the exhibit hall/dealers room/artists alley be clearly marked with signs indicating what isle you were in. It wasn't easy to find what you were looking for...with only a number in the pocket program guide and without a map. squinting to see the dealers signs were not much help, and the numbering system made little sense.
Jenn
President of Japanese Anime People of Chicago, a local, independent Chicagoland anime club.
website- MyAnimeList - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Prince of Tennis ACen Cosplay Group Network on FACEBOOK

#2 User is offline   ozone_00 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 4030

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:51 AM

View Postjenchan, on May 10 2009, 03:37 PM, said:

It wasn't easy to find what you were looking for...with only a number in the pocket program guide and without a map.

yeah, I thought that was a nice touch.
Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate

#3 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:08 AM

This could be helpful even though I personally like to get lost in there. That's the only way to find rare items...
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#4 User is offline   rei_0 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 4098

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

I agree, sometimes those booths start to all look the same.

Thought of that on Sunday walking past where you could see that electronics convention setting up in the tunnel. Might get kind of expensive to get signs like that though, what with the cost of printing banners like that and then the cost of labor to put them up. But on the plus side, those banners (if done correctly) would be reusable.
2015 - Triumphant return!

Artist Alley hiatus

#5 User is offline   PAIN online 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 18998

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:03 PM

I have to agree with all of you......I been to wizard world for the past ten years and I like how they set the dealers.......it's easy to find where you want to go because they provide a floor lay out with names of the dealers.

they also make anouncement in the over head about what's coming up, what time and where........to me ACEN was too disorganized, not to mention that I didn't know what was going on at the hotel, I saw people walking back and forth......but guess what??? I didn't know what was going on.

I got there around 10 am and by 3pm I was heading home :( .........I didn't have anything else to do and I was disappointed at the merchandize prices that I decided to head home.

I would love to stay until F#%ing midnight if possible, only if I knew what was going on. To be honest the program they give you, is not much help.
I live in chicago and the convention is only 30 min away from home so I will want to recomend to ACEN staff to be a bit more organized so people could have double the fun specially for the first time goers.

This post has been edited by PAIN online: 15 May 2009 - 12:12 PM

[url="http://imageshack.us"]Free Image Hosting[/url]

#6 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:23 PM

Agreed! The only real landmarks in the dealers room was the Fire Emblem booth and the Funimation booth. 90% of the time I was lost in there and trying to meet up with people in the dealers room was nearly impossible. Isle markers would be a great touch :)
~~

#7 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:39 PM

Super late reply, but this is a major do want for me. I got lost last year and managed to run into a cool booth with pixie horns, but I had no money by then, and after I'd restocked my wallet with money and came back, I couldn't find it again. That and sometimes you want to find specific booths, and, while the map is somewhat helpful for that, it's not completely effective if you don't know where you are to figure out how to get from point A to point B.
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#8 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:45 AM

Just wanted to pop in and acknowledge the request. There's a lot behind the scenes that complicates how we organize the EH and trying to find an effective way to make navigation easier. Rest assured, staff is always thinking about it and trying to work out a better plan for you guys.
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users