Acen 2009 Irt Complaints

#61 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18620

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

View PostGypsy, on May 11 2009, 04:34 PM, said:

Yaoi/Yuri Paddles: It doesn't take a "home-run swing" for someone with a paddle to pose an issue. We instituted the ban because we've received complaints in the past, and when those complaints reached a certain threshold our responsibility compelled action. This is not just for the safety of the paddlees - if someone takes offense at getting thwapped in the behind with a paddle, they're legally capable of pressing charges that are a lot nastier than having a badge pulled. Touching someone, even by proxy, without their explicit consent leads down all kinds of nasty roads. The easiest way to prevent these issues is to just institute an across-the-board ban.

Oh, I agree with it. I'm just disappointed that we didn't know beforehand. That was our problem, not IRT's at all. I understand the situation. It's not your fault, it's the people who take it out of hand that ruin the fun for everyone.
ACen 2016

Friday - Classic Lara Croft (with Nathan Drake)
Saturday - Young Master Hanzo Shimada from Overwatch (95%)
Sunday - Humanized Charizard w/ trainer, Wicked Witch, Hiei, who knows??

#62 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:28 PM

This is more IRT comments than complaints/compliments...

I want to applaud IRT for the beginning of the con. I was amazed at the complete 180 they turned. People were friendly, courteous, but at the same time taking care of business that needed taking care of. However it seemed by saturday afternoon whether it was stress, lack of sleep, or whatever, some members were starting to fall back into old school douchebaggery. It was much better than last year overall. Lack of experience is one of the biggest problems, because having worked as a security member at numerous cons now you simply can't train for everything. And you could tell because I definitely saw an inconsistency in things as people doing the same thing were getting yelled at by some IRT and having others join in on an event that was obviously harmless fun. And btw, props to IRT who joined in on random harmless fun. In all honesty it does wonders for your image and you are not seen as the "bad guys" as much but the guys who are there to have fun (like the attendees) as long as it doesn't come at the expense of others.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#63 User is offline   FoolInCool 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17895

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:33 PM

At the Soap Bubble i was there From 2:30 till the end and during the last hour a random guy went under the rope and on stage and starting running around in front and he came by with the microphone just running by the crowd in the front and hit me in the face with the mic in front of 4 IRT and 2 of them saw it and they just stood there and gave me a blank look instead of going after the guy

#64 User is offline   Valencia Crowe 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 17679

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:40 PM

View PostLolipopGestapo, on May 11 2009, 08:33 PM, said:

I don't see the problem with the Leeloo. She's covering as much as a bathing suit would. Are we that offended by thighs and tummies?

I do not like to see girls in half-naked cosplays. It is just bothersome to me. Knowing girls like to show almost ALL of their skin kind of disgusts me. Knowing they are willing to go as far as almost showing their boobs and crotch is disturbing to me.
"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people" -Harry MacDougal

#65 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:44 PM

View PostValencia Crowe, on May 11 2009, 11:40 PM, said:

I do not like to see girls in half-naked cosplays. It is just bothersome to me. Knowing girls like to show almost ALL of their skin kind of disgusts me. Knowing they are willing to go as far as almost showing their boobs and crotch is disturbing to me.

agreed as well, but some were worse then leeloo.
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#66 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:45 PM

I was walking down the halls and I over heard this one girl passing by me say, "All the girls that were almost naked said they were from Naruto. 'Sexy no jutsu!'"

Personally, I didn't enjoy it myself. I'm not a big fan of seeing girls almost naked in huge public places like this. Then they expect respect and not to be harassed by creeps the whole day.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#67 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:50 PM

View Postnouseforaname, on May 11 2009, 11:45 PM, said:

I was walking down the halls and I over heard this one girl passing by me say, "All the girls that were almost naked said they were from Naruto. 'Sexy no jutsu!'"

Personally, I didn't enjoy it myself. I'm not a big fan of seeing girls almost naked in huge public places like this. Then they expect respect and not to be harassed by creeps the whole day.

they also get mad when peeps ask for pics. stupidness

This post has been edited by Kasin: 12 May 2009 - 01:51 AM

Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#68 User is offline   HezaChan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18114

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:55 PM

I can understand this, but also you gotta understand not everyone who cosplays "skimpy outfits" are doing it to get attention or to be a show off. Normally I don't dress skimpy, at all. But if there is a character I absolutely adore (like Felicia, cosplayed her back in 2002) I will go over my personal comfort zone just to pay tribute to my favorite characters. Now, I know not everyone has the same opinion, and I respect that. That's why I try to keep those costumes for late night so I will won't be offending small children and their parents.

I do get annoyed though with underage girls throwing cotton batting on them and calling that "Sexy no Juutsu Naruto". That is just.. I dunno... going too far? It's one thing to do a costume half-baked just for attention, and then it's a totally different thing to cosplay a character down to a T because you love them.

But I digress.

#69 User is offline   Valencia Crowe 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:59 PM

View PostHezaChan, on May 11 2009, 11:55 PM, said:

I can understand this, but also you gotta understand not everyone who cosplays "skimpy outfits" are doing it to get attention or to be a show off. Normally I don't dress skimpy, at all. But if there is a character I absolutely adore (like Felicia, cosplayed her back in 2002) I will go over my personal comfort zone just to pay tribute to my favorite characters. Now, I know not everyone has the same opinion, and I respect that. That's why I try to keep those costumes for late night so I will won't be offending small children and their parents.

I do get annoyed though with underage girls throwing cotton batting on them and calling that "Sexy no Juutsu Naruto". That is just.. I dunno... going too far? It's one thing to do a costume half-baked just for attention, and then it's a totally different thing to cosplay a character down to a T because you love them.

But I digress.

I agree with you. I know not every girl does it for attention. I mean, if you love that character a lot, by all means, do so, but do not pull off that "sexy no jutsu" crap and throw on cotton balls over your goods. That, I do not like. Going half naked to get attention really makes me mad. If you go half naked, expect the unwanted attention. You asked for it, you got it. Do not complain about it.

#70 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:04 PM

View PostHezaChan, on May 11 2009, 11:55 PM, said:

But I digress.

i was talking to dark stranger about this before i left acen.

like the bunny girl. appeared in one scene dressed like that. but i saw 50 girls in it. i doubt 50 girls love it

like the nekos? dress half naked is one thing. but if you love the character, like that one may love leeloo, i say go for it.

brock lee was popular for that this year.

This post has been edited by Kasin: 11 May 2009 - 11:03 PM

#71 User is offline   daegan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1417

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:24 PM

View PostRedXIII, on May 11 2009, 04:53 PM, said:

I am said "short red haired woman" My call name is Red XIII. I will agree that I talked to your girlfriend more than once at different times because it was the direction that I was given by my supervisor. I did not yell, because I never yell except in extreme emergencies. I did ask nicely that she go to prop check and ask them if the outfit and weapons were ok. If there is any major problem, you can post to my supervisors Knight, Mika, or Kaganin. I apologize. We had many complaints from other con goers about "inappropriate costumes" and I was just doing what was detailed to me. I didn't mean to feel like I was singling anyone out. I was asking EVERYONE that I saw in costumes like that to change.

Thank you!!
Red XIII

Completely unrelated but I kept running into you all weekend and you were awesome! (First saw you Thursday afternoon with my friend that didn't get his badge in the mail.) Thank you so much!

The only issue I had with IRT all weekend long was when I got off the up escalator in the Hyatt's main lobby on Saturday night and there was soap on the floor in the area. I immediately started heading to the desk to report it but saw two IRT with someone else on the way through those glass doors right there (one of them with blonde, poorly hairsprayed green hair) who completely COMPLETELY blew me off about it, one going so far as to say "I'm off shift" despite them both still having their vests on. However, when I went to the desk it was taken care of instantly so apparently you just have to find the good ones :D
mbrosatellite.com : home of m-bro
articles about anime, games, and con life | BROCAST - a nerdy podcast | upcoming m-bro panels

#72 User is offline   Zeta Thompson 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11122

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:38 AM

Ok not really a specific IRT person complaint more of an overall problem.

I was walking toward the Hyatt. They sidewalk was unnavigable up to the first set of revolving doors due to some line for something, past the doors there was no reason not use it other than I was tired and walking in a stright line. An IRT op was yelling for people to get on the sidewalk - except, I did not hear her until I was almost up to her. Airplanes, conversations, traffic noise and my tired state all drowned her out. How about bull horns or something for the IRT people who have to work in noisy areas like that. I am sure several people had almost no voice by the end of the con. At least this year I could hear the person standing next to me in the dealer hall. I do not what made the difference, but it was not as bad in that section this year as last.
Acen 2009 Cosplays
Makiko Onimaru (Ramen Fighter Miki) Fri
Konzen (Saiyuki) Sat
Ran (Tsukikage Ran) Sun

#73 User is offline   darkened_one 

• IRT
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1137

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:20 AM

View Postsatsuke, on May 11 2009, 07:30 PM, said:

Only comments I can make for this year are ...

Soap Bubble

Near as I can tell, the interior and exterior door IRT were not radioed staff. I don't know if the fire code rules changed with this year, but it did seem the event itself was sparsely attended for the size of the line.

Small gripe, but when somebody spilled a liquid on the dancefloor and made it slick, IRT dutifully sectioned off the area and prevented people from slipping .. did it occur to anybody to get a mop to clean it up rather than 4 IRT guys guarding it and than moving on?

There was a bit of miscommunication on bags at the dance, the staff (I spoke with, young woman) 0outside the exterior door was telling people no props, no purses, no bags, no containers. I ended up taking a chance and going through the line with my purse and nobody said a thing or checked anything.

ok the dance floor I was one of the 4 on there ... we did clean it up but we had to wait for hotel staff to do it since we ourselves can't do it because the hotel says they have to do clean up on their property. So we had to close it off and keep people off until the hotel came with a mop and finished mopping it up which took about 4 entire buckets to do because the liquid was oil. Once it was finished and determined it wasn't a hazard it was reopened. With the numbers the hotel told us that we had to cut our numbers from 6000 to 4000. Thats all I really wanna say i'll let someone higher up finish off our troubles with the soapbubble if they want.
dark god of war, fire, death ... and kittens

I am a man of many names but you only need to know one ... I em the Darkie

members of the dark army
Sinfull_Zaraki, faithful_jello, kawaii_kitty, Oreo_Otaku

#74 User is offline   darkened_one 

• IRT
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1137

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:27 AM

View PostKasin, on May 12 2009, 05:50 AM, said:

they also get mad when peeps ask for pics. stupidness

ok ... I don't know about everyone else ... I took a few pics Thursday but for the most part of the con IRT is busy running around working and making sure things get done and people asking us for pics it can get in the way. If your at work and need to get something done and on the way there 60 people stop you to ask for a signature or something along those lines it can become irritating. We are there for crowd control, information, and initial response not photo ops, you have to remember we aren't cosplaying we are working.
dark god of war, fire, death ... and kittens

I am a man of many names but you only need to know one ... I em the Darkie

members of the dark army
Sinfull_Zaraki, faithful_jello, kawaii_kitty, Oreo_Otaku

#75 User is offline   Valencia Crowe 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:28 AM

View Postlinlindesu, on May 11 2009, 06:43 PM, said:

Does anyone have a picture of said Felicia. An asian friend of mine was cosplaying her and I heard it got kinda slutty even though I told her a hundred times to make it more appropriate for her age

The character is LeeLoo from the fifth element. There has been worse in the past of that cosplay though ..

I found a couple of pictures of the Felicia I was talking about. :)

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h229/luc...nt=DSC01407.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2606...mp;l=f4f5c9ba06

#76 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:49 AM

View Postdarkened_one, on May 12 2009, 02:27 AM, said:

ok ... I don't know about everyone else ... I took a few pics Thursday but for the most part of the con IRT is busy running around working and making sure things get done and people asking us for pics it can get in the way. If your at work and need to get something done and on the way there 60 people stop you to ask for a signature or something along those lines it can become irritating. We are there for crowd control, information, and initial response not photo ops, you have to remember we aren't cosplaying we are working.

lol sorry not irt!!!

the half naked girls. i guess i forgot to hit quote sorry!

irt can't even cosplay i thought?

#77 User is offline   Gypsy 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 4636

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:25 AM

View PostFoolInCool, on May 12 2009, 05:33 AM, said:

At the Soap Bubble i was there From 2:30 till the end and during the last hour a random guy went under the rope and on stage and starting running around in front and he came by with the microphone just running by the crowd in the front and hit me in the face with the mic in front of 4 IRT and 2 of them saw it and they just stood there and gave me a blank look instead of going after the guy

Wait, huh? If I read this correctly, someone jumped on stage during the dance and cracked you across the face with a microphone, in full view of two IRT staff and presumably everyone left at the dance? In that situation, if you can't get IRT's attention, I'd file a police report - what you're describing sounds like a battery charge.
For complaints and inquiries regarding IRT actions during con, please fill out the following short form and post it to the IRT Comments Concerns thread.
When: Date and approximate time, as best you can acertain.
Where: The exact location.
Who: A name or description of IRT member(s).
What: EXACTLY what you feel was wrong. Be specific, with quotes if possible.
When: What day and time did the even occur?
How: How would you have handled the problem differently if you were the IRT member?

#78 User is offline   satsuke 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 3674

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:37 AM

View Postdarkened_one, on May 12 2009, 08:20 AM, said:

ok the dance floor I was one of the 4 on there ... we did clean it up but we had to wait for hotel staff to do it since we ourselves can't do it because the hotel says they have to do clean up on their property. So we had to close it off and keep people off until the hotel came with a mop and finished mopping it up which took about 4 entire buckets to do because the liquid was oil. Once it was finished and determined it wasn't a hazard it was reopened. With the numbers the hotel told us that we had to cut our numbers from 6000 to 4000. Thats all I really wanna say i'll let someone higher up finish off our troubles with the soapbubble if they want.

I didn't know of the cap change .. no wonder it looked (relatively) empty.

This isn't anything to do with IRT, but it seems the relationship acen has with Hyatt seems to be the most polarized, yet cooperative relationship of any con I am aware of. Most cons I go to the hotel doesn't give a rats butt on the smaller details, as long as they get their money for agreed upon work and the place doesn't get excessively damaged. On the spill itself, I don't know that I would have asked, given that IRT and others have access to the backstage corridor and there are probably 3 stations for that sort of thing before the service elevator going down to the underground level (but I'm not on IRT ...).

#79 Guest_RedXIII_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:39 AM

View PostValencia Crowe, on May 12 2009, 02:28 AM, said:

Ok, I speak NOT for Higher ups, Soo is the girl in question. She was talked to a couple times by myself as well. Like the one girl that I talked to a couple times, she went to the IRT HQ and got her costume OKed by a supervisor. The girl from 5th Element I brought in personally as well and she was spoken to. All issues were handled by IRT HQ's Higher-ups and were "oked" by them.
I do understand the "Oh god(s)! Tons of skin and not enough costume!!" We did what we could. I think/hope next year we will be able to have a more formal "this is what your costume must comply with" section in our rules next year.

View Postdaegan, on May 12 2009, 12:24 AM, said:

QUOTE (RedXIII @ May 11 2009, 04:53 PM) *
I am said "short red haired woman" My call name is Red XIII. I will agree that I talked to your girlfriend more than once at different times because it was the direction that I was given by my supervisor. I did not yell, because I never yell except in extreme emergencies. I did ask nicely that she go to prop check and ask them if the outfit and weapons were ok. If there is any major problem, you can post to my supervisors Knight, Mika, or Kaganin. I apologize. We had many complaints from other con goers about "inappropriate costumes" and I was just doing what was detailed to me. I didn't mean to feel like I was singling anyone out. I was asking EVERYONE that I saw in costumes like that to change.

Thank you!!
Red XIII

Completely unrelated but I kept running into you all weekend and you were awesome! (First saw you Thursday afternoon with my friend that didn't get his badge in the mail.) Thank you so much!

The only issue I had with IRT all weekend long was when I got off the up escalator in the Hyatt's main lobby on Saturday night and there was soap on the floor in the area. I immediately started heading to the desk to report it but saw two IRT with someone else on the way through those glass doors right there (one of them with blonde, poorly hairsprayed green hair) who completely COMPLETELY blew me off about it, one going so far as to say "I'm off shift" despite them both still having their vests on. However, when I went to the desk it was taken care of instantly so apparently you just have to find the good ones biggrin.gif

And keep it coming with the post, good or bad! We love hearing/seeing them (especially the "you did good") and so do our supervisors. They will help for next year's convention to make it awesome too! Which, we do have a seperate thred for the "You did good".

~Red XIII

#80 User is offline   LolipopGestapo 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4652

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:50 AM

View Postnouseforaname, on May 11 2009, 11:45 PM, said:

No matter what a girl wears she in NO WAY deserves harassment. I'm quite disgusted by your victim blaming.

And if a costume covers as much as a bathing suit, what is the problem? I don't understand. Do you keep kids away from beaches and pools because they might see some upper thighs? Are we that ashamed of the female body? No one is complaining about all the shirtless men.

Sorry, but this is bringing out the feminist in me.
Rawr.

#81 User is offline   okaonos 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 25376

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:53 AM

View PostLolipopGestapo, on May 12 2009, 09:50 AM, said:

No matter what a girl wears she in NO WAY deserves harassment. I'm quite disgusted by your victim blaming.

And if a costume covers as much as a bathing suit, what is the problem? I don't understand. Do you keep kids away from beaches and pools because they might see some upper thighs? Are we that ashamed of the female body? No one is complaining about all the shirtless men.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

No matter the reason a girl dresses however she does, she's not "asking for it" and she certainly doesn't deserve it. As long as she's following the laws of public decency, why does it matter?
# of ACen's attended: 9
Hotel: Hyatt
Cosplay: Rukia (Bleach) - 100%

~Spam Squad~

#82 User is offline   satsuke 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 3674

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:09 AM

View Postokaonos, on May 12 2009, 03:53 PM, said:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

No matter the reason a girl dresses however she does, she's not "asking for it" and she certainly doesn't deserve it. As long as she's following the laws of public decency, why does it matter?

Seconded

Acen is effectively a public space for most things, I have come to expect people wearing everything under the sun at DisneyWorld .. which is private property, but still expect to see it.

Unless his or her naughty bits are visible in an illegal way, trying to make a judgement call is prone to individual bias and error.

This is a straw man argument, but if an IRT staffer in charge of determining what was acceptable and what wasn't was say Muslim or Amish .. and their beliefs dictated that NO skin be shone, even if given explicit instructions on what is or is not allowed, they would come to a different conclusion than say random staffer off the street of chicago. (nobody is completely unbiased, so therefor why vary from the legal definition.

And again, nothing wrong with the human body.

#83 User is offline   HezaChan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18114

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:19 AM

View PostKasin, on May 12 2009, 12:04 AM, said:

like the bunny girl. appeared in one scene dressed like that. but i saw 50 girls in it. i doubt 50 girls love it

like the nekos? dress half naked is one thing. but if you love the character, like that one may love leeloo, i say go for it.

Most of those aren't specific characters though. Those are just generic "Hey I have cat/bunny ears on so I'm a kawaii neko/usagi shoujo!!!1111one".

This post has been edited by HezaChan: 12 May 2009 - 11:22 AM

#84 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:41 AM

i agree 100% girls should be able to go topless all the time!

View PostHezaChan, on May 12 2009, 12:19 PM, said:

Most of those aren't specific characters though. Those are just generic "Hey I have cat/bunny ears on so I'm a kawaii neko/usagi shoujo!!!1111one".

yeah, thats what i mean.

#85 User is offline   daegan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:51 AM

View Postdarkened_one, on May 12 2009, 07:20 AM, said:

Wait - wasn't the OLD Main Programming cap about 4000 as well? And this is with the three rooms and hallway that used to be used for panels annexed into Main Programming? WTF? This would go a long way toward explaining why the lines were so absolutely insane for anything in Main P all weekend.
articles about anime, games, and con life | BROCAST - a nerdy podcast | upcoming m-bro panels

#86 User is offline   Pixie 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 583

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

View Postdaegan, on May 12 2009, 06:51 PM, said:

Wait - wasn't the OLD Main Programming cap about 4000 as well? And this is with the three rooms and hallway that used to be used for panels annexed into Main Programming? WTF? This would go a long way toward explaining why the lines were so absolutely insane for anything in Main P all weekend.

the old main was around there but the set up for this year was different than past years and when we are given a number we stick to it. Sorry that the numbers are so low but we tried to get every one in as fast as we could and not become a huge fire hazzard inside of main prog.
Pixie
IRT Mid Shift Commander
IRT Vet 8yrs runnin
SecDiv (n.)
abbrev. Security Division
1.A tight-knit family comprised of Jackbooted Thugs,
Ninjas, Mommies, Ghouls and a Magical Black Man.
2.The Person in front of you.
3.The Person now behind you.
4.The Person who...never mind you won't see them anyway.

#87 User is offline   Valencia Crowe 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

Oh feminists. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I do not think anyone is saying they deserve anything, like rape or something. If they dress skimpy, then they should expect what comes with that and that is unwanted attention by creeps. They have no reason to complain about it because it was their choice to dress that way. You can't go around wearing minimal clothing without getting some sort of attention from a creep or two. It does not work that way.

People, like myself, do not like to see almost every inch of a girl's skin to the point where you can almost see their boobs and crotch. It disgusts me. Whether it disgusts you or not, that is your opinion so you should respect mine because I am respecting yours.

#88 User is offline   Gypsy 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 4636

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

I'm going to try and head off what is likely a burgeoning flame war on feminism/neo-feminism/anti-feminism and ask that you direct that conversation towards a different thread, and allow this one to continue to act as a feedback thread for IRT. Thanks!
For complaints and inquiries regarding IRT actions during con, please fill out the following short form and post it to the IRT Comments Concerns thread.
When: Date and approximate time, as best you can acertain.
Where: The exact location.
Who: A name or description of IRT member(s).
What: EXACTLY what you feel was wrong. Be specific, with quotes if possible.
When: What day and time did the even occur?
How: How would you have handled the problem differently if you were the IRT member?

#89 User is offline   davebb 

• EMRT DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 11282

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

As I heard while in the ConCenter dispatch many times about the decency of cosplays. If it would be deemed legal outside of con, its legal inside. So therefore, bikinis, one-piece swimsuits, etc are all legal. So if its legal in a public area, it would be legal in a "public/family" area. This is I believe to be the basis of the rule for cosplays at ACen also. Just going off the top of my head and what I heard many times over the radio while waiting for medical calls.
Medic 1 : ACen 2017 EMRT Department Head (serving since 2008)
Dave Bukowski -- NREMT-B
EMT-B / EMA
"ask not what ACen can do for you--ask what you can do for ACen"

#90 User is offline   daegan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

View PostPixie, on May 12 2009, 07:54 PM, said:

the old main was around there but the set up for this year was different than past years and when we are given a number we stick to it. Sorry that the numbers are so low but we tried to get every one in as fast as we could and not become a huge fire hazzard inside of main prog.

Oh, no, I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm not getting on you guys for sticking to the number you were given; far from it I'd like you guys to have to deal with the Fire Marshal as little as possible over a weekend. :D I know you did what you had to do.

What I'm asking is why on earth did that number not go up significantly since the square footage of the room certainly did? Was it not reinspected by the FM? Or was he just being a jerk about it?

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users