• This topic is locked

Gettin Cosplay Equipment

#1 User is offline   OniOokamiSama 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 28599

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:24 PM

as stated in topic...just wonderin were i would be able to get cosplay equipment...for the con...i'm not doin anythin this yr...but i plan on joinin in on the fun nxt yr...
Myspace

Facebook

HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BOW BEFORE THE GREAT LAHARL!!!!

---------------------------------------------------
acen 2012
Laharl (Disgaea)

#2 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:26 PM

Depends on what/who you're making/cosplaying. Since most cosplays are sewn, pretty much anywhere you can buy sewing and crafting supplies.
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#3 User is offline   droopy172 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19801

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:35 PM

well there's quite a few places ebay, amazon, googling the costume if you like to buy it as a whole. If your not very crafty best thing to do is to just buy the costume or hire someone to make it for you which you can do on cosplay.com. If you are crafty then of course the cheapest route is to make the thing yourself and go to a fabric store and custom tailor it yourself but of course this is the most time consuming way.

What I find best to do is buy the thing in sections for instance if it needs a karate shirt just buy the karate shirt and customize it, then if it needs a hakama buy a hakama from a martial arts store the quality is usually better and you can customize to your liking, etc. Doing this way is sometimes less or equal to what people charge for a whole costume if yours is complex it may be even more money but at least you can have it look exactly the way you want it as I come across a few items your just like aw man this looks nothing like it! I'm sure other people will chime in and give suggestions as well.

#4 User is offline   OniOokamiSama 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 28599

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

damn....im horrible at sewing...but thx for the info

View Postdroopy172, on Apr 26 2009, 06:35 PM, said:

well there's quite a few places ebay, amazon, googling the costume if you like to buy it as a whole. If your not very crafty best thing to do is to just buy the costume or hire someone to make it for you which you can do on cosplay.com. If you are crafty then of course the cheapest route is to make the thing yourself and go to a fabric store and custom tailor it yourself but of course this is the most time consuming way.

What I find best to do is buy the thing in sections for instance if it needs a karate shirt just buy the karate shirt and customize it, then if it needs a hakama buy a hakama from a martial arts store the quality is usually better and you can customize to your liking, etc. Doing this way is sometimes less or equal to what people charge for a whole costume if yours is complex it may be even more money but at least you can have it look exactly the way you want it as I come across a few items your just like aw man this looks nothing like it! I'm sure other people will chime in and give suggestions as well.

cool...thx for that info...
Myspace

Facebook

HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BOW BEFORE THE GREAT LAHARL!!!!

---------------------------------------------------
acen 2012
Laharl (Disgaea)

#5 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:55 PM

Think a head, I find a lot of goodies at halloween time that you wouldn't normally find year round. Try the phone book or web for trick shops. I have a lot of good stuff at P.J's trick shop in Arlington Hieghts, Elven ears, guns, huge wig selection & then some. Once you know what you looking for, then you should ask, depending on what you need, we might have more suggestions. I have also actually found cosplay hats at Anime Nation online. Things like Menchi from Excell Saga. You could just get sweats to match. That would be too easy I suppose. LOL.
Currently writing a book.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users