All full tables are 8ft long by 2ft wide, half tables are 4ft long by 2ft wide plan your layouts accordingly; it might help you to lay out your goods ahead of time.
2. Are the tables covered?
We don't order them covered because of the price raise it would cost you, the artist, if they happen to cover the tables the w00t bonus but there are no guarantees so it may be beneficially to examine options for table dressings.
3. Can I pick my Spot?
No all spots are designated by the Artist alley staff; they will endeavor to honor seating requests in regards to who you would like to sit next to. All power drops supersede regular seating requests.
4. We cannot offer food
Some people mentioned this on the comment forms last year and I would like to address this once and for all again. We cannot offer food to you or any sort of lunch drop off. All catering contracts in the convention center must be done through the convention center or we risk breaching contract with them. We will not offer food, it is you responsibility to take care of food.
5. Do I get a badge with my table?
No, you are paying for a table and two chairs per full table. Badges are separate and you must register for one before you can get a table. New this year you will have to provide your badge number on the Alley/Show Registration form, or else it will not go through. (ie. Purchase a badge before reg for a table). I would suggest doing so ASAP! so you can get a cheaper price. DO NOT SELECT BADGE MAILING! you have to pick it up at con @ the AA/AS staff table.
6. Where is this list of artists appearing at Acen?
Like last year I will have the list of confirmed artists on the webpage so people can check out which studios will be present at the convention.
7. Where do I get my badge?
You pick up your badge at con when you come to check in. We will only release badges at con.
8. When can we set up/ take down?
You may set up Thursday night or Friday morning, I will ask that everyone endeavors to be ready at their tables when the convention opens to all attendees as a courtesy to other artists.
9. Art Show procedures?
If you are a participant in the art show you will notice the same set of procedures and paperwork, this is nothing to worry about. It should help to get rid of fake bidders and problems which may arise due to illegible handwriting or spelling errors.
Your table comes with two chairs there may be a small surplus of chairs at convention for extra seating but I wouldn't count on it as everyone will be vying for the same seats. It may behoove you to bring extra seating if you are worried.
11. Can you watch my table?
No. Artist alley staff cannot sell your goods for you. If someone watches your table they are not held accountable for anything that may go missing. Be careful who you choose to watch your table, it may just be smarter if you have no one to shut down temporarily.
12. When will we know our table placements?
I will endeavor to make table placements and layout available in May before I leave for the convention.
13. Extension Cords?
If you are getting power to your table you should consider a multi tap or an extension cord to run power to your table. Power plug in will be labeled for your use if you find someone has tapped into your power please alert alley staff and we will deal with the problem accordingly.
14. Mailing List?
The mailing list is available to artists for the alley/show. Once the entire Alley is filled the ML will be split/edited into two lists. 1st The People who purchased, 2nd The Waiting list. The alley Staff will use this for updates which are pertinent to everyone. Please make sure you can accept mail for the domain acen.org, otherwise you will miss very important information updates and requests.
15. Stolen items?
Alley Staff is not responsible for any stolen items; make sure you keep an eye on your valuables.
16. Waitlist and At-Con Rental?
When a table opens it will be released to the waitlist in the order of registration on the waitlist. If someone fails to show up at con their table maybe released for at con rental. There is no guarantee of at con rental.
17. Hours of Operation?
This should be the same as last year, baring complications further down the road.
18. Convention Badge and AA Badge?
Not Transferable to other people
19. What if I have a regular con badge already/mailed option?
You will not receive an AA badge in the mail. You will have to surrender your regular badge to get you AA badge. Then after the con you can keep both your badges.
20. How does my Con badge change to AA?
I as DH will take care of that, you need not worry. Unless you have your con badge already, then we will print you an AA badge when you arrive.
21. Do I have to wait in the Reg Lines?
NO please NO. There will be an AA person that will grant you access to the Alley to receive your badge and set up. They will have a balloon tied to them like last year.
22. Can I offer food/drink to Con-goers?
NO! if you do, you will no longer be at ACen.
23. Is there an ID Check to get badges?
Yes. You also can only pick up your own badge. No Longer all of your studio badges. This is to stop bootlegging/copyright and to enforce the blacklist. We are only checking that names match up.
24. How long does the Alley take to sell out?
1-2.4 days is an average estimate.
25. Do I have to buy a badge before I can reg for a table?
26. When does AA/AS Reg Open/Start?
Late 08 - Early 09
27. Selling wooden or handmade swords
You must do ID checks! I will not debate this
28. How many people can be "under" my table?
.5 table=2(this includes you)
1 table=4(this includes you)
2 tables=8(this includes you)
29. Why do I need an Artist Alley badge?
It provides you the ability to sell in the alley. If someone is caught selling material without an AA badge in the Alley they will forfiet their badge and further action may be taken.
30. Can I have regular con-goers(with no AA badge) sit behind my table?
No, this will result in one warning to the studio. The offenders without AA badges will then be required to forfiet their Convention Badges. If a second offense occurs the studio risks losing their table(s) with no refund. Please remember this is the Artist Alley, not random sitting area. If you have kids 12 and under and you would like to talk to me/have a question please contact me.
31. When will Artist Alley / Art Show Registration open?
Late 08 - Early 09. More information will become available as it gets closer to that specified time. The mailing list would be a good idea to find things out sooner
32. How do my Studio Mates / Friends get an AA badge so they can sell at my table?
You will have to enter their information and badge numbers into the AA reg system. Then their badges will be changed to AA and they will receive them in the Alley at the Convention During set-up time. Unless they are arriving late in which case you will need to talk with me before con. If you have not entered them into the system then they will not appear as having an AA badge.
Please see. 19, 21, 33, and 34 for more info on this subject
33. If my Studio Mate(s) / Friend(s) selected their badge to be Mailed will an AA badge be Mailed to them?
No. No AA badges will be Mailed
34. How will my studio mates and I get past "The Blockade" of IRT to get to the table to set-up and receive badges before the Con?
There will be an Alley Staff member up front by the blockade. They will have with them a list of people who are in our system. Tell them your name (your actual/real name that you registered you badge with) and if you are on the list then you will be granted access to the AA/AS area of the convention.
35. How will I know if I am on the waiting list?
The email that I send to you will come straight out and say, You are on the Waiting List.
36. I got an error message back after I submitted a table request on the AA/AS REG form. What does it mean?
It means you either have not bought a badge or it is not paid for.
37. I got an error message back after I submitted a table request on the AA/AS REG form. Am I on the Waiting List?
38. Can I pay online for my table(s), flat(s), etc.....
No. Use the form, it tells you what to do.
39. When did the AA/AS Registration open this year?
40. Why did you not tell us when it was going to open?
I didn't know, their was a window of time for it to open.
41. Can one of my studio members pay for the table(s), flat(s), etc......?
Yes, just make sure everything is included when payment is sent.
42. Can I send Cash?
NO. If you send cash I will be extremely unhappy. Cash can not be traced, so if something happens along the way before it gets to us and no money is in it, you don't get a table.
43. Should I make someone sign for the payment mail thingy?
NO. If you do it will be sent back to you, and you will have wasted all that time and money sending it.
44. If the Alley is Full what can we do?
Send in the AA/AS Reg form (on the website) and you will be added to the waiting list.
45. Why should I even bother being on the wait list?
The wait list moves when people drop out.
46. How can I contact you?
Email or PM
47. Will you be giving out your phone number, or will anyone give me your phone number?
48. How long will it take for you to respond to my question?
When ever I am on the computer or get to my computer, usually very soon or at least withing 26hrs.
49. The payment form you sent me is wrong. What can I do?
Follow the directions of the welcome letter and I will send you a new one.
50. Why is registration for a badge separate from a table?
51. Why is there no checkout system that combines everything (tables & badges) together?
Time and see #50
52. How long did it take the Alley to fill this time?
4 Full Days.
53. Can my studio members sign later/after the form is sent in?
Yes, they just have to be aware of the rules and regulations.
54. When is the deadline to submit all of my studio members names and badge numbers?
April 23 at 11:59pm CST
55. What if my studio members do not pre-reg and want to purchase a badge at con?
The Regular convention Reg line should expect more people then. Unless you have extenuating circumstances and you have contacted me.
56. Why do we have to pre-reg for a badge this year?
Money issues and it saves you time at con.
57. What if I never send in my payment for a badge or a table or both?
You will not get an AA/AS table/flat.
58. What does the Alley/Show do about sales tax?
You handle your own sales tax issue, we do not do it for you.
59. I run panels at ACen and I got an error message about my badge.
Email me the information you have pertaining to your panel so I can verify and move you along.
60. Why on AA/AS Form does it "hate" my birth date?
It doesn't hate your day of birth, its a format issue that is wrong. I know, it should be fixed and we should have caught it.
It asks to enter your DOB like mm-dd-yyyy but it actually is mm/dd/yyyy .
61. I got the Welcome letter, what do I do now?
You read it. Then follow the directions
62. Where should I send the payment and forms?
To the address given. and see #61
63. What if I send it somewhere else?
Then I will never get it and you will have lost your table, and someone will take your spot.
64. What if I already sent it somewhere else?
65. What should I do if I need the payment form changed?
Follow the Welcome letter instructions. I will tell you the exact same thing if you ask me. and See #49
66. What should I do if I have never heard from you about table confirmation, error, wait-list, or anything else by email?
Then you misspelled your email address. I can not contact you.
67. I think I am asking to many questions.
No your not. If possible you are not asking enough. (NOT SARCASTIC)
I would much rather answer as many questions before Convention Time than deal with Convention Time troubles. (even if I seem grumpy)
68. My payment got sent back to me, why?
You asked for it to be signed for. Soooo see #43
69. What can I expect at con if I never paid for my badge?
I will turn you away even if you yell at me, and at an added bonus if you yell at me (about you not paying for your badge) I will have IRT escort you out.
70. What can I expect at con if I never paid for my table?
I will turn you away even if you yell at me, and at an added bonus if you yell at me (about you not paying for your table) I will have IRT escort you out.
71. What if I did send my payment for my table or badge and you say you never got it?
I never got it. (There are 2 AA/AS people checking my work (received payments) not counting finance people) So you never paid for your table. Soooo see #s 69 and 70.
72. Will I get a confirmation that my payment has been received for the Alley/Show?
Yes. or see #66
73. What if I am going to try to say (@ Con) that you never contacted me?
I know who I have never heard from. So if you try to lie to me to get anything in return you can count on being in big DOO DOO for trying to steal from ACen.
74. Well I heard.........
That is nice. That does not make it true. Check it out for your self. I am more than willing to answer questions after you checked the FAQ.
75. Can I see the map before it comes out/before everyone else gets to see it?
NO! so stop asking.
76. What happens if I say "Well the past DH let me do it" to justify the breaking of rules?
You are still in trouble.
77. Do you keep in contact with the Past DH?
78. What happens if I do not have enough money sent to cover the cost of my table, flat, etc...?
Then you do not get it? I will notify you and give you some time to send in the rest.
79. What if I sent in more money than needed for my table, flat, etc......?
Thank you for your generous donation to Anime Central.
80. When is my table payment due?
If I changed the date I will let you know, if not follow the Welcome letter directions.
81. When is my badge payment due?
It was due before you REGed for a table/flats/etc....
82. When is my badge payment due if you gave an extension because payments are arriving late?
I will let you know in the email after the 7 business day grace period.
83. What if I drop out of the Alley can I get a refund for my table, flat, powerdrop, backdrop, art table?
The rules have the dates that you must submit a formal request to receive a refund.
84. What if I drop out of the Alley can I get a refund for my badge?
85. How old do I have to be in order to get/sale at an AA/AS space?
To sign the contract a person of 18 or + age needs to sign the contract, and be connected to that studio (ie. Parent/Guardian). This is because of legal stuff.
86. How many days do I have to buy a table for?
FRI, SAT, SUN.
87. Can I only buy one day?
88. Can I leave early from my table?
There will be a check out form (@ con) for the artists who check out early. If a lot of people check out of the Alley it makes the Alley and the Artists who stay look bad. This will not happen, people who do not inform us why (with a legitimate reason) and take more time than necessary will risk loosing their table.
89. How do I add more peoples to my studio/table?
Send me their badge numbers, real names they regged with pre-reg, and your studio name/real name.
90. Why can I not access my account for my badge?
I do not know, ask REG.
91. What do I do if I selected badge mailing?
92. What if I never heard from you about my status with the AA/AS?
See #66, and I am waiting for you to contact me so that I have your actual email.
93. How will I get to my table if I do not have a badge?
94. If I tell a different department something about AA will you hear about it?
Probably not. It might help to contact the people that you need instead of trying to vicariously sending messages through other people.
95. If I tell AA something about another Department will they hear it?
Probably not. It might help to contact the people that you need instead of trying to vicariously sending messages through other people. I will forward but it has to be AA related.
96. Will AA carry my things for me at con?
No! people abused us last year.
97. Can I use my friends power drop?
Did you pay in full for one?
98. I do not want to read all of the FAQ.
99. If I forgot to request to be next to my friends on my form or email before Con can you change it?
No, there will be a form for table switching that both parties have to sign and turn into me. So you have to find a person who will switch with you.
100. Are there new forms for at Con?
Yes, they are: Table swap and sign-out
101. Will there be Wi-Fi in the Alley for us to use?
102. Why is the FAQ so long?
So all the answers can be in one spot for everyone.
This post has been edited by Voltaire30: 18 January 2009 - 03:34 PM
Reason for edit: EVEN MORE ADDITIONS!!