The Karaoke Meetup Who wants to sing?

#181 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:17 AM

Since I'm still mood right now.. I'll just make this very fasc

If you guys are going to do this again.... it has to be better run... I don't think one guy can handle this.... the order was too much of a "cluster f***"... and it really sucks that I only did one song, and gotten moody emo... and paid.... -.- $20............. nuff said.....
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#182 Guest_Animepix_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:28 AM

View PostSoulcrash, on Sep 13 2008, 08:17 AM, said:

If you guys are going to do this again.... it has to be better run... I don't think one guy can handle this.... the order was too much of a "cluster f***"... and it really sucks that I only did one song, and gotten moody emo... and paid.... -.- $20............. nuff said.....

i think 2 rooms is a good idea more people can sing but hallway chatter may be a problem

#183 User is offline   Renton 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 10219

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:01 AM

darn still diddent sing she bang maybe next time.
ACEN 09

"Who ever said that your First Love was Sweet as Well as
Sour was a Big Lair All it is Its Bitter...."
Renton

"Don't Ask for it go out and win it, Do that and you will succeed."
Adrock Thurston

"Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in you who believe in me.
Not in me who believe in you. You should believe in yourself!"
Kamina

#184 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:22 AM

View PostRenton, on Sep 13 2008, 09:01 AM, said:

darn still diddent sing she bang maybe next time.

The song showed up, but you went to McDonalds instead. I skipped it.

View PostSoulcrash, on Sep 13 2008, 08:17 AM, said:

You had 2 more opportunities when Ken listed them for you. They had to be skipped because you left to cool off. Next time we will have 2 separate rooms.
SoyCon 8 | The Island Paradise
July 18-19, 2015 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#185 User is offline   Sarah Lynn 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19129

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:31 AM

I had a lot fo fun. I only sang one song that I asked for and gave a fair bit but I had fun. Plus it was awesome to see everyone and just getting to hang. I think two rooms would be better but it's also good that we're gonna learn from these mistakes so we can work to make it even better next time! I can't wait to see everyone again!
Planned cons:
Geek.Kon '09
Youmacon '09
Ohayocon 2010

Upcoming cosplays:
Lady Ciel- Kuroshitsuji
Penelo- FFTA2

#186 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17387

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:19 AM

For some reason....the amount of money that we had wasnt evening out...we had close to 30 people and yet some people were having to contribute more than 10 dollars...and I know some people used credit cards but I still feel as if not everyone in the room paid their share which is bothering me. I dont think its fair that only some people got to sing one song yet paid more than double the cost. And it happened several times that night.

In the future......I think we should require the money right then and there and even if you are not going to sing you should chip in some money. If not, then I dont think its fair if you attend the meetup.....because I'm using the second half of my bday meetup as an example...we had 15-20 people and we managed to pay for the medium sized room for 3 hours without everyone having to chip in massive amounts of money and we all got to sing at least twice.

I have to extend my thanks to Sarah Lynn and several others that paid more than their share of money. It shouldnt have happened like that but hopefully in the future it will be resolved. This needs to be more organized in the future.

#187 User is offline   VoicesOfChaos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8996

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:51 AM

View Postvonfinell, on Sep 12 2008, 11:06 PM, said:

Holy screwing crap that was AWESOME!
I was the guy that sang Can't Get My Head Around You and rocked the house singing Yuusuke for Ichirin no Hana.

I love all y'all, and hopefully we'll be able to get together there again!

You were freaken awesome!

As for the money thing, I don't think people who only sang one song should pay more then people who sang 5 songs! Just hopefully next time we can be a tad bit more organized though props to Soy because I think for all the problems, crowds, and noise I think he did the best he could do and it payed off.

I was wondering if we could do another Karaoke meet-up in like December? Anyone up for that?
Cosplays
Hidan (Naruto), Jio Freed (666 Satan), Geno (Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars), Kurtis (Disgaea), Chrona (Soul Eater), Gokudera (Katekyo Hitman Reborn), Roy (Fire Emblem Fuuin no Tsurugi), Dark Signer Jack Atlas (Yugioh 5D's), Billy Coen (Resident Evil Zero), Kiriha Aonuma (Digimon Xross Wars 7 Death Generals), Ryoga "Shark" Kamishiro (Yugioh Zexal).

Cosplay.com Gallery
Facebook
YouTube

#188 User is offline   vonfinell 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3157

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:16 PM

View PostVoicesOfChaos, on Sep 13 2008, 04:51 PM, said:

As for the money thing, I don't think people who only sang one song should pay more then people who sang 5 songs! Just hopefully next time we can be a tad bit more organized though props to Soy because I think for all the problems, crowds, and noise I think he did the best he could do and it payed off.

I was wondering if we could do another Karaoke meet-up in like December? Anyone up for that?

Thanks! *bows* I would TOTALLY go there again in December. I'm already talking about getting my friends to throw in and made a trip there my birthday present.
However, I've got a question for the girl I sang Ichirin no Hana with, wherever she might be:
Where did you get the numbers for all those songs? Because there are several songs that I want to sing but I don't want to waste the time searching through the Japanese books to find on account of not being able to read Japanese :-/
Also, to her and anyone else who is interested, I was thinking if we did this again I should Yuusuke for another H&MC song (or maybe Ichirin no hana again...or more than one) just because now I know that I can do it well enough that people enjoy it. This time I'll memorize the rest of the lyrics though :)
Remember that guy at Reactor '05 that kicked the Black Mage in the nuts during Cosplay Idol? That was ME!!!

FREE HUGS FROM JESUS!

"But how can I have lost The Game?! I'm the Composer!"

#189 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10878

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

View PostSloutyStrawberry, on Sep 13 2008, 04:55 AM, said:

that meet up was beyond AWESOME!!! i did have a great time despite my lil injury. thank you all for helping me when i needed it. can't wait for tomorrow's meet up.

Good to see that you're okay.... had us worried.

View Postvonfinell, on Sep 13 2008, 06:16 PM, said:

However, I've got a question for the girl I sang Ichirin no Hana with, wherever she might be:
Where did you get the numbers for all those songs? Because there are several songs that I want to sing but I don't want to waste the time searching through the Japanese books to find on account of not being able to read Japanese :-/
Also, to her and anyone else who is interested, I was thinking if we did this again I should Yuusuke for another H&MC song (or maybe Ichirin no hana again...or more than one) just because now I know that I can do it well enough that people enjoy it. This time I'll memorize the rest of the lyrics though :)

I wrote down the numbers for a few of the songs I found last time so that I wouldn't have to look for forever to find them. So... you'd probably have to look through the Japanese book for forever if you wanted other stuff... >> Though I wrote down the page number where all the H&MC songs are if you want any other ones.

Would you be cool with being my Yuusuke for Pride next time? So that I don't fail epically when that part comes on again. xD

Also: Hurry up and put videos and pics and all that up! NYAH!
Oops can't afford to go to ACEN anymore! >:

#190 User is offline   oVera 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19064

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:28 PM

This was really fun! I would really like to go there again.
Can't wait till the pictures and videos get put up :3

I think getting 2 (or maybe even 3) rooms would be best for the next time we go. I think it would help with the heat, overcrowding, and everything in general.
As for the numbers, we could have a signup sheet on the wall or something where people would write down their name, the number, and song title themselves. That way, Soy wouldn't be overloaded with his iphone and people could see where in the list they are.

On another note, thank you to everyone who helped me look for my grey sweater! That just really says a lot about everyone that comes to these things.

#191 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:35 PM

View PostoVera, on Sep 13 2008, 07:28 PM, said:

About that.. cause of my pi$$ @$$ attitude from last night... I won't be uploading my pics...

#192 User is offline   oVera 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19064

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:11 PM

View PostSoulcrash, on Sep 13 2008, 07:35 PM, said:

About that.. cause of my pi$$ @$$ attitude from last night... I won't be uploading my pics...

Damn, did you take a lot?
I understand, but what about those people who didn't do anything wrong?

It seems like almost all of the meetups we have, someone's left pissed.

#193 User is offline   vonfinell 

• Pip

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:36 PM

View PostJam-Kiske, on Sep 13 2008, 11:40 PM, said:

I wrote down the numbers for a few of the songs I found last time so that I wouldn't have to look for forever to find them. So... you'd probably have to look through the Japanese book for forever if you wanted other stuff... >> Though I wrote down the page number where all the H&MC songs are if you want any other ones.

Would you be cool with being my Yuusuke for Pride next time? So that I don't fail epically when that part comes on again. xD

Curses! I was hoping that maybe I could track down AKFG's Haruka Kanata, because I've always wanted to sing that.

I will gladly be your Yuusuke for any H&MC song you want to do. I love Yuusuke with a passion and if I could be any other human being on earth it would be him. Or maybe Dexter Holland from The Offspring.

How about this? E-mail me the list of all the H&MC songs you have the lyrics to and I'll start practicing them! Then I won't fail in the middle like I did during Ichirin no Hana.

God damn, people WE NEED TO DO THIS AGAIN!!!!

2 rooms would certainly be a nice addition, but I think it would be cool if somebody in each room who can actually read the japanese books could be designated to help us find songs ahead of time, instead of the clusterf**k that some of us had even trying to get our hands on a book. My friend Nick (who sand Tribute) was shouting at me to hand him a book for 20 minutes while I was searching through it, because he couldn't traverse the dance floor of the studio in order to grab one from my table.

Beyond that, I think that this time worked out real well. Of course, this was my first karaoke experience, so I don't know what the benchmark is for "good" but I had a shitload of fun!

I must say again, WE NEED TO DO THIS AGAIN!!!!
Remember that guy at Reactor '05 that kicked the Black Mage in the nuts during Cosplay Idol? That was ME!!!

FREE HUGS FROM JESUS!

#194 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:28 AM

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k218/ken...edding/Karaoke/

Pictures from the Karaoke meetup

#195 User is offline   toynbees 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11360

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:31 AM

I'm upset that I couldn't go. Ah well, such is life.
ACen '14 cosplay ideas:
akane owari (dangan ronpa)
cm punk ??? (wwe)

#196 User is offline   gerber1229 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 7594

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:16 AM

View PostoVera, on Sep 14 2008, 01:11 AM, said:

Damn, did you take a lot?
I understand, but what about those people who didn't do anything wrong?

It seems like almost all of the meetups we have, someone's left pissed.

Yeah, I'd really like to see all the pictures, 'cause I'm sure I look rediculous in most of them =P
Ninja=Pirate
Celebrate Diversity :)

#197 User is offline   vonfinell 

• Pip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:46 AM

When is Soy posting up all the SoyCam footage? I wanna see just how ridiculous I was when I started headbanging.

FREE HUGS FROM JESUS!

#198 User is offline   Green Dragon 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 7168

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:48 AM

View Postvonfinell, on Sep 14 2008, 11:46 AM, said:

When is Soy posting up all the SoyCam footage? I wanna see just how ridiculous I was when I started headbanging.

He needs time to edit the video, so don't expect it for at least a week.
Anime Central Cosplay History

* ACen '04, '05, '06: Nicholas D. Wolfwood - ACen '07: Gendo Ikari / Bryan Fury
* ACen '08: Gendo Ikari / Capt. Aizen Sousuke - ACen '09: Gendo Ikari / Daisuke Jigen
* ACen '11: Tom Baker, Fourth Doctor - ACen '12: Fourth Doctor / Capt. Aizen Sousuke
* ACen '13: Capt. Kyouraku Shunsui - ACen '14: Kiba (Wolf's Rain) / Ninth Doctor

#199 User is offline   Shampoo-chan13 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6607

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:36 PM

I hear that alot of people are piss about not singing when they payed more.

I had alot of fun going and hangout and hearing everyone sing XD but i think that it needs a little more planning.
I offer my help to organaze it.

My ideas for it is,
That everyone that comes needs to pay a set price and then everyone should have a number set to them when they are going to sing.
Everyone before hand should pick their song that they're going to sing and then write that down.

We can fit it around and everyone can have fun ^=^""

Just i idea i had.
Known as Shampoo

Myspace Facebook
Planning
Agito: *Finish Details* | Poland/Feliks: *working on each outfit*
Mao: 60% *Need Wig/Blue Cloak/Headphones* | Usami/Usagi: 70% *Need Wig/Vest* | Kadaj; *for 2011*
KOS MOS: *for 2010!* | Zidane Tribal: Dream | Teito Klein; *After KOS MOS* | Sexy no Jutsu Sasuke; *Planning*
:: Dream Cosplays: KOS MOS
Passed Cosplay: Reno, Deidara, The Ring girl, Pigtailed Ed,TS Naruto Sexy no Jutsu, Causal Shuichi, Lambo, Meowth, Akito/Agito

#200 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:43 PM

View Postvonfinell, on Sep 13 2008, 10:36 PM, said:

How about this? E-mail me the list of all the H&MC songs you have the lyrics to and I'll start practicing them! Then I won't fail in the middle like I did during Ichirin no Hana.

I can e-mail you some handy link probably... ^^
And as for what you said about Yuusuke, I'm about the same with Maaki... xD

View Post~*Yumi*~, on Sep 14 2008, 01:31 AM, said:

I'm upset that I couldn't go. Ah well, such is life.

You mean you're sorry that you FAIL.
We offered to take you and pay for you so it's really not life's fault, it's your's.

View PostShampoo-chan13, on Sep 14 2008, 02:36 PM, said:

I had alot of fun going and hangout and hearing everyone sing XD but i think that it needs a little more planning.

My ideas for it is,
That everyone that comes needs to pay a set price and then everyone should have a number set to them when they are going to sing.
Everyone before hand should pick their song that they're going to sing and then write that down.

Just i idea i had.

I think that's a fair idea. If we all went in a pre-designated order to make sure that everyone goes at least once and then started the same order again it'd be more fair. Though the problem with that would be that people who want to sing Japanese songs or spend a lot of time looking for songs would hold up a designated order.

#201 User is offline   Shampoo-chan13 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6607

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:01 PM

Thats true but if they already knew what song they wanted then they could go first and then the next up would pick a song.
or have a person help with songs.

Make a list of the popular songs and give it out to everyone.
Known as Shampoo

Myspace Facebook
Planning
Agito: *Finish Details* | Poland/Feliks: *working on each outfit*
Mao: 60% *Need Wig/Blue Cloak/Headphones* | Usami/Usagi: 70% *Need Wig/Vest* | Kadaj; *for 2011*
KOS MOS: *for 2010!* | Zidane Tribal: Dream | Teito Klein; *After KOS MOS* | Sexy no Jutsu Sasuke; *Planning*
:: Dream Cosplays: KOS MOS
Passed Cosplay: Reno, Deidara, The Ring girl, Pigtailed Ed,TS Naruto Sexy no Jutsu, Causal Shuichi, Lambo, Meowth, Akito/Agito

#202 Guest_Animepix_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:26 AM

pix and vids are up follow link in my sig enjoy!

#203 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:38 PM

View PostShampoo-chan13, on Sep 15 2008, 12:01 AM, said:

Thats true but if they already knew what song they wanted then they could go first and then the next up would pick a song.
or have a person help with songs.

Make a list of the popular songs and give it out to everyone.

Very true... and the people up next could have access to the book first.

#204 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:18 PM

yeah................................... oh god.......
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pGPXauYKCWk

#205 User is offline   MiChIrU =^.^= 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 15870

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:25 PM

Hey guys my names Michelle i came with "The asian Tim" lol I had alot of fun and even tho i did see that it was disorganized i think everyone has learned from this and i wouldn't mind helping out and organizing for the next one, for one of the rooms since it would be best to have more than one. Also we should try and be more organized with the whole eating thing afterwards aswell like what table were sitting at and we should all try to get our food ready before they try taking it hahaha....Other than that i think well have twice as much fun next time! ^^ I'm really glad i got to meet everyone, you guys were awesome! :heart:

#206 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:16 AM

View Postvonfinell, on Sep 12 2008, 11:06 PM, said:

Holy screwing crap that was AWESOME!
I was the guy that sang Can't Get My Head Around You and rocked the house singing Yuusuke for Ichirin no Hana.

I love all y'all, and hopefully we'll be able to get together there again!

There is quite a number of people who are willing to go do this again. An another Karaoke meetup will be planned in the future.

View PostShampoo-chan13, on Sep 13 2008, 01:58 AM, said:

Man you guys are awesome! I'm very sorry for my bad singing! ^=^"

But next time i want to sing Gackt's Vanilla <3 and find that one song i couldn't find TTuTT;; (its a Gravitation song)

I think 95% of the people there had their notes way off, but it didn't matter because we all had one hell of a time!

View PostAnimepix, on Sep 13 2008, 08:28 AM, said:

i think 2 rooms is a good idea more people can sing but hallway chatter may be a problem

That was partially my original idea since I had an assumption of having too many in one room. Before the meetup, everyone wanted me to put it in one room. So I gave and you all recieved. Now you all know what will happen when we do that.

View PostSarah Lynn, on Sep 13 2008, 10:31 AM, said:

I had a lot fo fun. I only sang one song that I asked for and gave a fair bit but I had fun. Plus it was awesome to see everyone and just getting to hang. I think two rooms would be better but it's also good that we're gonna learn from these mistakes so we can work to make it even better next time! I can't wait to see everyone again!

There were so many people in line to sing. And I mean alot...

View PostSarah, on Sep 13 2008, 11:19 AM, said:

For some reason....the amount of money that we had wasnt evening out...we had close to 30 people and yet some people were having to contribute more than 10 dollars...and I know some people used credit cards but I still feel as if not everyone in the room paid their share which is bothering me. I dont think its fair that only some people got to sing one song yet paid more than double the cost. And it happened several times that night.

In the future......I think we should require the money right then and there and even if you are not going to sing you should chip in some money. If not, then I dont think its fair if you attend the meetup.....because I'm using the second half of my bday meetup as an example...we had 15-20 people and we managed to pay for the medium sized room for 3 hours without everyone having to chip in massive amounts of money and we all got to sing at least twice.

I have to extend my thanks to Sarah Lynn and several others that paid more than their share of money. It shouldnt have happened like that but hopefully in the future it will be resolved. This needs to be more organized in the future.

There will be a better system on how to handle this. The next time we have a Karaoke meetup, there will be jobs being assigned to get order straight.

View PostVoicesOfChaos, on Sep 13 2008, 11:51 AM, said:

I'll think about that. It also may happen either January or February. Anything can happen. But thanks for giving me props.

View Postvonfinell, on Sep 13 2008, 06:16 PM, said:

Thanks! *bows* I would TOTALLY go there again in December. I'm already talking about getting my friends to throw in and made a trip there my birthday present.
Also, to her and anyone else who is interested, I was thinking if we did this again I should Yuusuke for another H&MC song (or maybe Ichirin no hana again...or more than one) just because now I know that I can do it well enough that people enjoy it. This time I'll memorize the rest of the lyrics though smile.gif

To be honest, the Japanese books takes alot of time to search for the anime songs and stuff. Unless you know how to read it.

View PostJam-Kiske, on Sep 13 2008, 06:40 PM, said:

Good to see that you're okay.... had us worried.

Also: Hurry up and put videos and pics and all that up! NYAH!

I should write down the numbers the next time I'm there. Saves time finding it for the next time. I have a few videos up on my youtube account. Once all the videos are uploaded, I'll post a link.

View PostoVera, on Sep 13 2008, 07:28 PM, said:

I think getting 2 (or maybe even 3) rooms would be best for the next time we go. I think it would help with the heat, overcrowding, and everything in general.
As for the numbers, we could have a signup sheet on the wall or something where people would write down their name, the number, and song title themselves. That way, Soy wouldn't be overloaded with his iphone and people could see where in the list they are.

On another note, thank you to everyone who helped me look for my grey sweater! That just really says a lot about everyone that comes to these things.

I like the signup sheet idea, easy to read, easy to find, don't need to worry about people asking me. Plus it keeps track of how long will it takes for them to go up.

View Postvonfinell, on Sep 13 2008, 10:36 PM, said:

Curses! I was hoping that maybe I could track down AKFG's Haruka Kanata, because I've always wanted to sing that.

I will gladly be your Yuusuke for any H&MC song you want to do. I love Yuusuke with a passion and if I could be any other human being on earth it would be him. Or maybe Dexter Holland from The Offspring.

God damn, people WE NEED TO DO THIS AGAIN!!!!

2 rooms would certainly be a nice addition, but I think it would be cool if somebody in each room who can actually read the japanese books could be designated to help us find songs ahead of time, instead of the clusterf**k that some of us had even trying to get our hands on a book. My friend Nick (who sand Tribute) was shouting at me to hand him a book for 20 minutes while I was searching through it, because he couldn't traverse the dance floor of the studio in order to grab one from my table.

Beyond that, I think that this time worked out real well. Of course, this was my first karaoke experience, so I don't know what the benchmark is for "good" but I had a shitload of fun!

I must say again, WE NEED TO DO THIS AGAIN!!!!

The multi-room will be in effect for future Karaoke meetups.

#207 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:21 AM

View PostShampoo-chan13, on Sep 14 2008, 02:36 PM, said:

My ideas for it is,

Just i idea i had.

At first I thought it was a good idea with the rule, "if you are singing, you're paying" and "pay when you walk in". Some people came late and they might not pay at all. So, next time, "if you are or are not singing, you're paying" and "you must see me or the money collector ASAP to pay". We will have someone keep an eye out for those coming in late so don't assume we'll miss you walking in.

View PostMiChIrU =^.^=, on Sep 15 2008, 09:25 PM, said:

Hey guys my names Michelle i came with "The asian Tim" lol I had alot of fun and even tho i did see that it was disorganized i think everyone has learned from this and i wouldn't mind helping out and organizing for the next one, for one of the rooms since it would be best to have more than one. Also we should try and be more organized with the whole eating thing afterwards aswell like what table were sitting at and we should all try to get our food ready before they try taking it hahaha....Other than that i think well have twice as much fun next time! ^^ I'm really glad i got to meet everyone, you guys were awesome! heart2.gif

It was not disorganized based on how I solo'd the whole thing on my choice because there was a system of who is singing and who's not. The problem is that people keep messing around when they shouldn't be. I don't understand why people are standing up and walking around the room. I don't understand why people are screaming into the microphone when there's no song playing at all. I don't understand why people are yelling during someone is singing. Everyone should watch their friends sing karaoke. Not to mess with each other for their own amusement. It's like a stage. When someone is performing, it's respectful to watch them. I wanted to keep the noise level to 6 inch voices. Plus, everyone needs to stop acting like idiots while someone is singing like shouting out random things. That's wrong. Please, everyone, stop doing that... Alright? I solo'd this whole thing. I didn't ask for the help because everyone is on to me on working the machine and I don't have the time to teach you all what to do since we are on a timed budget. Maybe one day I'll private invite people to the karaoke bar to sing and go over on how to work the machine so this way if I'm not there, you all know how to operate it. That night I was operating machines, taking numbers, figuring out the order, managing money, recording, and having fun singing at the same time. Asking for help is not as easy as said. Remember I don't have the time telling people how to work things in that room. Next time, there will be people taking job roles. On the side note, if you're not there when your song is up, it will be skipped and you will go back at the end of the line. Myself and others will not be going to get you, so make sure you're present when your song is up.

I want to thank everyone for coming to the meetup. I hope all of you had a great time singing and spending time with everyone there. There will be another meetup planned for karaoke in the near future so keep an eye out on this forum. There will be things added, dropped, and changed to make the meetup better. The multi-rooms will be in effect and we will split the group so there is no overcrowded ness in the huge room. The smaller rooms can fit about 15 people max. And those rooms cost about $45/hour so that could mean we need to pay a little more for comfort and down sizing. But it may lead to more singing for each person. There will be room leaders and there will be a sub leaders for each room for crowd control, money situations, and technical support. My videos are in still uploading status and I'll post a link here when I'm done uploading, or you can follow my uploading by going onto my youtube account by clicking here >>> Soy Sauce's YouTube Acct.

I want to thank both Sarahs, Amy, & Kale for helping me out. And again, thank for those who came to the meetup Friday.

#208 User is offline   june.h 

• Guest Relations Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 387

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:04 PM

View PostSoy Sauce, on Sep 16 2008, 09:21 AM, said:

It was not disorganized based on how I solo'd the whole thing on my choice because there was a system of who is singing and who's not. The problem is that people keep messing around when they shouldn't be. I don't understand why people are standing up and walking around the room. I don't understand why people are screaming into the microphone when there's no song playing at all. I don't understand why people are yelling during someone is singing. Everyone should watch their friends sing karaoke. Not to mess with each other for their own amusement. It's like a stage. When someone is performing, it's respectful to watch them. I wanted to keep the noise level to 6 inch voices. Plus, everyone needs to stop acting like idiots while someone is singing like shouting out random things. That's wrong. Please, everyone, stop doing that... Alright? I solo'd this whole thing. I didn't ask for the help because everyone is on to me on working the machine and I don't have the time to teach you all what to do since we are on a timed budget. Maybe one day I'll private invite people to the karaoke bar to sing and go over on how to work the machine so this way if I'm not there, you all know how to operate it. That night I was operating machines, taking numbers, figuring out the order, managing money, recording, and having fun singing at the same time. Asking for help is not as easy as said. Remember I don't have the time telling people how to work things in that room. Next time, there will be people taking job roles. On the side note, if you're not there when your song is up, it will be skipped and you will go back at the end of the line. Myself and others will not be going to get you, so make sure you're present when your song is up.

Well said, it's really etiquette. This isn't punch-drunk hour, if you want to be obnoxious or a clown, there's plenty of bars that you can do that at and heckle the singers. It's common courtesy really, and if that's not your thing, don't go. Plus it's pretty darn obvious that if you're not there, someone else isn't going to sing your song. If you missed your turn at the playground slides because you had to run to the bathroom, it's not like you're suddenly entitled to go next regardless of missing your turn. You need to go to the back of the line like everyone else and wait your turn again.

My friends made a rule too: queue up one song per person at a time. Especially in a big group, it really sucks when one or two people hog up the entire song queue and the entire night is all about them.

I want to thank everyone for coming to the meetup. I hope all of you had a great time singing and spending time with everyone there. There will be another meetup planned for karaoke in the near future so keep an eye out on this forum. There will be things added, dropped, and changed to make the meetup better. The multi-rooms will be in effect and we will split the group so there is no overcrowded ness in the huge room. The smaller rooms can fit about 15 people max. And those rooms cost about $45/hour so that could mean we need to pay a little more for comfort and down sizing. But it may lead to more singing for each person. There will be room leaders and there will be a sub leaders for each room for crowd control, money situations, and technical support. My videos are in still uploading status and I'll post a link here when I'm done uploading, or you can follow my uploading by going onto my youtube account by clicking here >>> Soy Sauce's YouTube Acct.

Damn you, every time this happens, I always miss it or have another thing I gotta do...stupid virus killing my internets =(

#209 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:07 PM

View PostSoy Sauce, on Sep 16 2008, 10:21 AM, said:

I want to thank both Sarahs, Amy, & Kale for helping me out. And again, thank for those who came to the meetup Friday.

You know I will totally be helping you out with this and whatever else you need Soy! -takes out Monopoly money- Alright, I'm one hell of a banker and I'm good with money....bring it on! I'll be in charge of collecting the fees ana making sure every single person pays...if not...they get the boot!

But on a serious note, yeah. The next time we do a karaoke meetup, I will have a list of everyone's names and how much they have paid. Its a much better plan than just walking around the room asking for the money. I will have no problems doing this if you'll let me Soy.

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users