Anime Central Forums: Avatar: The Last Airbender 2009 - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Avatar: The Last Airbender 2009 We're looking for people to join us!

#91 User is offline   NADAR 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 27562
  • Posts: 53
  • Joined: 10-April 09
  • Location:OMASHU

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:44 PM

Thanks for the welcome......I'm greatful that we have a gathering in our own backyard and I just know everyone of us is anticipating what next year's CHICAGO COMIC CON will be like.

I'm very excited about the panel......hope everyone will have their fits together by then....mine is still in development.

FLAMEO HOTMAN!!!
A TALL EARTHBENDER

#92 User is offline   Avatar_Mom 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9882
  • Posts: 61
  • Joined: 17-March 07
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

How late can/will the cosplay photo shoot be this year? It looks like the fan panel is scheduled for 2pm on Saturday and may change times. They did tell me by April 16 we would have a firm time and place announced.

#93 User is offline   NADAR 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 27562
  • Posts: 53
  • Joined: 10-April 09
  • Location:OMASHU

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

Not sure of the ending time for the shoot. It might go as long as 1 hour give or take.
A TALL EARTHBENDER

#94 User is offline   Luna_Riven 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 24594
  • Posts: 94
  • Joined: 21-February 09

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

Oh yay! With the panel at 2pm, Jgo and I might make it to...at least part of it...depending on how long it takes us to change costumes....We have the Final Fantasy gathering at 1.
ACen 2013 Cosplays!
Vivi Nefertari (One Piece) Fionna (Adventure Time!) Bruce Banner (Avengers) Rebecca Chambers (RE) Kanaya if there's time (Homestuck)
I'm offering free shoots this year so send me a message if you're interested!

#95 User is offline   Jgo Factor 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 64
  • Posts: 118
  • Joined: 10-April 03
  • Location:Niles, Il

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

Looks like everyone's getting busy and ready to go now that Acen is a few weeks away. What are my thoughts about everything? Well, I know a few of us will be visiting TriaElf9 in the artist alley so if other cosplayers want to join in, we should go as one big group. Also, how would everyone feel about "Migrating" to other spots for more picture taking? The convention center now has a fountain that spouts up in their front entrance. There's also the waterfall area across from McDonalds (if you don't mind a little walk). Btw, are we really going to not have a Sokka at the gathering again this year? I'm considering swapping out Zuko for Sokka if this is the case. We need the boomerang man!

~TriaElf9, Ok now I know which Ty Lee you are. But I remember you didn't stay too long for the gathering last year. Your Sakurachan413 & Maiwithblackdagger's friend.. You should just ditch that artist alley and just join us instead! haha And what's this, a Ty Lee that can't do the splits? How disappointing! j/k

~Luna_Riven, There were a bunch of people that showed up last year that aren't on these forums. So hopefully we're only a fraction of the overall Avatar cosplayers. Haha, would I be the only Zuko at the gathering this year? I find it funny even though it's an Avatar gathering, we may not even have an Aang at the gathering.

~Xiao, What happened to your friends who'd go as Cabbage Merchant and Suki? Its too bad they're not going to do it anymore. btw I wonder, how good are you at knife throwing?

~ByeByeBeautiful, I don't suppose you can make your hat collapsible like an umbrella, huh? What's your super special secret surprise project? Don't tell me you've found someone to go as Ember Island Koizilla now? "The Avatar is back to save the day!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!"

~NADAR, Its good to see the White Lotus has sent someone to represent them this year. And your a fire bender too. I do wonder how next year's Chicago Comic Con will be like too.

~Avatar_Mom., Wow! Your Painted Lady looks pretty ghostly in that one picture. Are you sure you may not be able to cosplay Avatar this year? How long will the gathering be? Well technically as long as the 3:30 slot is open we can stay at the Tree Patch area for a whole hour. We could also just migrate else where for pictures afterwards if people would be up for that. Can you please let us know when you have more info about the time of your panel so that we can all coordinate accordingly =D .

#96 User is offline   TriaElf9 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11011
  • Posts: 50
  • Joined: 08-May 07

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

View PostJgo Factor, on Apr 15 2009, 09:59 PM, said:

~TriaElf9, Ok now I know which Ty Lee you are. But I remember you didn't stay too long for the gathering last year. Your Sakurachan413 & Maiwithblackdagger's friend.. You should just ditch that artist alley and just join us instead! haha And what's this, a Ty Lee that can't do the splits? How disappointing! j/k


Yeeeah, I took gymnastics, but I inherited awful hamstrings, so the splits are out for me ^_^
No, I stayed for the whole shoot last year, actually past everyone else so I could get pics with Sakurachan413 and Maiwithblackdaggers. And I would totally ditch artist's alley for that part of the day, but I won't have my ty lee costume so I'll be no good T_T (also the Dgray shoot is then...but I'm totally going to duck out early and head over to the avatar shoot if I can, otherwise I'll hopefully see people at the table! Otherwise we can all head over after. Field triiiip! ^_^ (so the shoot is over at 3:30? okays, I will shoot for then ^___^ )

#97 User is offline   Avatar_Mom 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9882
  • Posts: 61
  • Joined: 17-March 07
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

View PostJgo Factor, on Apr 15 2009, 09:59 PM, said:

Looks like everyone's getting busy and ready to go now that Acen is a few weeks away. What are my thoughts about everything? Well, I know a few of us will be visiting TriaElf9 in the artist alley so if other cosplayers want to join in, we should go as one big group. Also, how would everyone feel about "Migrating" to other spots for more picture taking? The convention center now has a fountain that spouts up in their front entrance. There's also the waterfall area across from McDonalds (if you don't mind a little walk). Btw, are we really going to not have a Sokka at the gathering again this year? I'm considering swapping out Zuko for Sokka if this is the case. We need the boomerang man!

~TriaElf9, Ok now I know which Ty Lee you are. But I remember you didn't stay too long for the gathering last year. Your Sakurachan413 & Maiwithblackdagger's friend.. You should just ditch that artist alley and just join us instead! haha And what's this, a Ty Lee that can't do the splits? How disappointing! j/k

~Luna_Riven, There were a bunch of people that showed up last year that aren't on these forums. So hopefully we're only a fraction of the overall Avatar cosplayers. Haha, would I be the only Zuko at the gathering this year? I find it funny even though it's an Avatar gathering, we may not even have an Aang at the gathering.

~Xiao, What happened to your friends who'd go as Cabbage Merchant and Suki? Its too bad they're not going to do it anymore. btw I wonder, how good are you at knife throwing?

~ByeByeBeautiful, I don't suppose you can make your hat collapsible like an umbrella, huh? What's your super special secret surprise project? Don't tell me you've found someone to go as Ember Island Koizilla now? "The Avatar is back to save the day!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!"

~NADAR, Its good to see the White Lotus has sent someone to represent them this year. And your a fire bender too. I do wonder how next year's Chicago Comic Con will be like too.

~Avatar_Mom., Wow! Your Painted Lady looks pretty ghostly in that one picture. Are you sure you may not be able to cosplay Avatar this year? How long will the gathering be? Well technically as long as the 3:30 slot is open we can stay at the Tree Patch area for a whole hour. We could also just migrate else where for pictures afterwards if people would be up for that. Can you please let us know when you have more info about the time of your panel so that we can all coordinate accordingly =D .


I was told the times would all be finalized by April 16th...which is today. I haven't received an email yet, but I am keeping an eye on the different topics on this forum. Hopefully times and rooms will be formally announced soon so I can give people the right information ^_^

#98 User is offline   NADAR 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 27562
  • Posts: 53
  • Joined: 10-April 09
  • Location:OMASHU

Post icon  Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

Well well well,

It sounds to me like most of the benders from previous years has lost their ways or migrated to other Anime projects.

You know.....for most of us....the fight lives on in the world of Avatar. There are so many unfinished tasks to be completed. Although this is my first Anime Central....it will not be my last so long as benders from all over continues to gather. I only wish that I knew of such gatherings years ago. I am proud to have met you guys on this site and I am truly excited about the upcoming event.

I am ATALLEARTHBENDER on deviantart.com

When time permits, I invite all that stands for the little arrow-head to visit me there. I have plenty of pics from SDCC posted and even a few videos on YOUTUBE under the name ATALLEARTHBENDER.......and for the bender that asked me if my tatoo was authentic....yes it is.......I am true to the Earth Kingdom even though I am cosplaying as JEONG-JEONG. He should have been a earthbender..lol.

Last, I have a surprise for all of you when we meet.



Nadar (ATALLEARTHBENDER)
A TALL EARTHBENDER

#99 User is offline   Xiao 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 20272
  • Posts: 230
  • Joined: 29-November 08
  • Location:Hinamizawa-zawa-zawa

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:44 PM

Quote

~Xiao, What happened to your friends who'd go as Cabbage Merchant and Suki? Its too bad they're not going to do it anymore. btw I wonder, how good are you at knife throwing?


They couldn't come. :'(. No time or money, plus Suki had prom that weekend.
I am practicing my knife-throwing skills. They're not too impressive yet, but we'll see ^___^
"Clothes make a statement. Cosplay tells a story :3."

#100 User is offline   NADAR 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 27562
  • Posts: 53
  • Joined: 10-April 09
  • Location:OMASHU

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:11 PM

Can't wait to see what you've been rehearsing Mai.
A TALL EARTHBENDER

#101 User is offline   Avatar_Mom 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9882
  • Posts: 61
  • Joined: 17-March 07
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:53 PM

Knife throwing....yeah....I'll be sure to be far away from that. I'm short enough ;)

#102 User is offline   Xiao 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 20272
  • Posts: 230
  • Joined: 29-November 08
  • Location:Hinamizawa-zawa-zawa

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

If you check on my profile, there's a link to my Deviantart and on it there are pictures of my cosplay, if you want to see them ;). They're not the best, but...yea.... Tell me what you think ^___^
"Clothes make a statement. Cosplay tells a story :3."

#103 User is offline   Luna_Riven 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 24594
  • Posts: 94
  • Joined: 21-February 09

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:54 PM

Your costume is adorable, Xiao! Good luck with practicing your knife throwing. I've been practicing some basic Tai Chi moves, the form that waterbending is based on, and some waterbending moves from the show. I'm also trying to get Jgo to learn the Dancing Dragon from the Firebending Masters episode, haha.
ACen 2013 Cosplays!
Vivi Nefertari (One Piece) Fionna (Adventure Time!) Bruce Banner (Avengers) Rebecca Chambers (RE) Kanaya if there's time (Homestuck)
I'm offering free shoots this year so send me a message if you're interested!

#104 User is offline   Xiao 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 20272
  • Posts: 230
  • Joined: 29-November 08
  • Location:Hinamizawa-zawa-zawa

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:08 PM

View PostLuna_Riven, on Apr 19 2009, 04:54 PM, said:

Your costume is adorable, Xiao! Good luck with practicing your knife throwing. I've been practicing some basic Tai Chi moves, the form that waterbending is based on, and some waterbending moves from the show. I'm also trying to get Jgo to learn the Dancing Dragon from the Firebending Masters episode, haha.


LOL. Hahaha...I know the Dragon Dance xD.
"Clothes make a statement. Cosplay tells a story :3."

#105 User is offline   Falling-Pixie 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 26951
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 31-March 09
  • Location:Missouri

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:56 PM

im sorry, but i dont think im going to be able to go. :wacko: too much trouble, money, and my mom :unsure: so scratch a suki out of the mix... :(
Cosplay Account - cosplay.com/member/246307/
Deviant Account - Falling-Pixie.deviantart.com

Cosplays: Hiccup - How to Train Your Dragon | Suki - Avatar: The Last Airbender | Kim Possible | Elizabeth - Black Butler | Meiko - Vocaloid | Mikuru - Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya | Emily - Corpse Bride | Chiyo - Azumanga Daioh | Yumi - Code Lyoko

#106 User is offline   Avatar_Mom 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9882
  • Posts: 61
  • Joined: 17-March 07
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:12 AM

Oooh, soo sorry you can't come out this time. Maybe next time ^_^

#107 User is offline   Luna_Riven 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 24594
  • Posts: 94
  • Joined: 21-February 09

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:02 AM

Aw, oh no! I'm sorry that you can't make it, Pixie! I was looking forward to meeting you. You can't even come for just a day?
ACen 2013 Cosplays!
Vivi Nefertari (One Piece) Fionna (Adventure Time!) Bruce Banner (Avengers) Rebecca Chambers (RE) Kanaya if there's time (Homestuck)
I'm offering free shoots this year so send me a message if you're interested!

#108 User is offline   Xiao 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 20272
  • Posts: 230
  • Joined: 29-November 08
  • Location:Hinamizawa-zawa-zawa

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:00 PM

Awww! You can't come? That really stinks.

...you'll be there in spirit, won't you? :)
"Clothes make a statement. Cosplay tells a story :3."

#109 User is offline   NADAR 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 27562
  • Posts: 53
  • Joined: 10-April 09
  • Location:OMASHU

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:34 PM

We shall take many pictures for you.
A TALL EARTHBENDER

#110 User is offline   Mizu_Haku 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19589
  • Posts: 1,566
  • Joined: 08-October 08
  • Location:Can Town

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:33 PM

I MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT cosplay as my Avatar Original character, Ying, an Airbender.

Would I be welcome to join in if I am able to cosplay as Ying?

This post has been edited by Mizu_Haku: 20 April 2009 - 10:33 PM

"I'M THE AVATAR, YOU'VE GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!" - Korra
~ACen 2013 Cosplays~
Korra ~ Avatar: Legend of Korra
Kiri the wolfdog ~ My fursona

#111 User is offline   Luna_Riven 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 24594
  • Posts: 94
  • Joined: 21-February 09

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:37 AM

That'd be so cool, Ying! ^^ We need an airbender or two. I hope you can make it, I can't wait to see your costume!
ACen 2013 Cosplays!
Vivi Nefertari (One Piece) Fionna (Adventure Time!) Bruce Banner (Avengers) Rebecca Chambers (RE) Kanaya if there's time (Homestuck)
I'm offering free shoots this year so send me a message if you're interested!

#112 User is offline   Mizu_Haku 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19589
  • Posts: 1,566
  • Joined: 08-October 08
  • Location:Can Town

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:34 AM

I hope I can too.... I will be Gaara this year as well, so he comes first. But I will try to get Ying in, if not you'll see her next year!

But I do want to be Ying... I even found some tabi socks that were the right color!
"I'M THE AVATAR, YOU'VE GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!" - Korra
~ACen 2013 Cosplays~
Korra ~ Avatar: Legend of Korra
Kiri the wolfdog ~ My fursona

#113 User is offline   Xiao 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 20272
  • Posts: 230
  • Joined: 29-November 08
  • Location:Hinamizawa-zawa-zawa

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:08 PM

View PostMizu_Haku, on Apr 20 2009, 11:33 PM, said:

I MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT cosplay as my Avatar Original character, Ying, an Airbender.

Would I be welcome to join in if I am able to cosplay as Ying?



coolness! hope to see you there, Mizu!
"Clothes make a statement. Cosplay tells a story :3."

#114 User is offline   Jgo Factor 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 64
  • Posts: 118
  • Joined: 10-April 03
  • Location:Niles, Il

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

Hello all! We only have a couple of weeks left everyone! Is there anything special any of you would like to do at or after the gathering? If anything I'd like to have our group get our pictures taken at a few of the photographer booths (cosplay.com, deathcom multimedia, fansview (?)) but I don't know how many of you would be interested in that.

~TriaElf9, Did you stay the whole time? You should've hanged out with us (sakurachan413, maiwithblackdaggers, dotpogos & me) more last year after the shoot, haha. You missed out on the pool party they held last time. Bad hamstrings you say? Um, get hamstring surgery? lol

~Avatar_Mom: Any word on the placement of you panel? I hope they won't give you a time slot that will conflict with anything major. It would be really awkward if they placed your panel during the gathering.

~NADAR, Surprise? As long as you keep it PG-13 I think it'll be ok, j/k

~Xiao, Thats too bad about your friends. Are you having some knife throwing issues? Remember just think Naruto, lol. btw, you know the dragon dance?

~Luna_Riven, You want me to do the dragon dance in front of everyone now? It'll be awkward doing it without an Aang. Will I be dancing this with Xiao then?

~Falling-Pixie, What bad luck! Hopefully you can make it next year?

~Mizu-Haku, I can't speak for everyone, but I don't have anything against original character cosplay for Avatar. I mean, you could be going as your player character from Avatar Legend of the Arena.. Would you be going bald? The only air bender i can remember that's not normally bald is Avatar Yangchen

#115 User is offline   Falling-Pixie 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 26951
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 31-March 09
  • Location:Missouri

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:14 PM

yeah, i hope next year... and if im lucky enough (and im getting pritty bad luck lately) i might come just for the avatar pannel and cos-play meet up... but i doubt it... ><
Cosplay Account - cosplay.com/member/246307/
Deviant Account - Falling-Pixie.deviantart.com

Cosplays: Hiccup - How to Train Your Dragon | Suki - Avatar: The Last Airbender | Kim Possible | Elizabeth - Black Butler | Meiko - Vocaloid | Mikuru - Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya | Emily - Corpse Bride | Chiyo - Azumanga Daioh | Yumi - Code Lyoko

#116 User is offline   ToTsolot 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 4501
  • Posts: 71
  • Joined: 08-May 05
  • Location:oak forest IL.

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:52 PM

i'll have an uncle Iroh poor eath kingdom version ^_^
Cosplays for ACen 2013:
Uncle Iroh - Avatar the Last Airbender, Ralph - Wreck it Ralph, and Shirokuma from (Shirokuma Cafe)
Maybe:
Hideki - Nerima Daicon Brothers, Wild Tiger - Tiger and Bunny, and Harverst Moon if I ever get to tossing one together.

#117 User is offline   NADAR 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 27562
  • Posts: 53
  • Joined: 10-April 09
  • Location:OMASHU

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:19 AM

Well......there is always the "TIE THE BLANKETS TOGETHER WINDOW THANG"

i HOPE THAT YOU MAKE IT OUT THOUGH.


PEACE!!!
A TALL EARTHBENDER

#118 User is offline   NADAR 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 27562
  • Posts: 53
  • Joined: 10-April 09
  • Location:OMASHU

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:25 AM

ha-ha-ha!!!......real funny FACTOR!!!....lol

Yes it's PG....more like a rated G.

I'm anxious to see everyone's cosplay. Mine is still under construction....at first I was a bit nervous but my tailor has been in the biz for quite a spell and she insures me that she can complete cosplay in four days. She resides in Utah....she's on ebay as well. I hope I get my monies worth.


HOW IS THE REST OF YOU GUYS COSPLAY FITZ GOING?
A TALL EARTHBENDER

#119 User is offline   TriaElf9 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11011
  • Posts: 50
  • Joined: 08-May 07

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:37 AM

View PostJgo Factor, on Apr 21 2009, 07:45 PM, said:

~TriaElf9, Did you stay the whole time? You should've hanged out with us (sakurachan413, maiwithblackdaggers, dotpogos & me) more last year after the shoot, haha. You missed out on the pool party they held last time. Bad hamstrings you say? Um, get hamstring surgery? lol


Well, I stayed until the end of the shoot, but I had things to run off to (and time to spend with the newly acquired fiance who I wasn't going to see for a while after Acen). I did miss the pool party, sadly, but I didn't bring a bathing suit and I get tempted when I get near pools to jump in them...and I wasn't about to ruin my costume ^___^
Hamstring surgery? Oh, I wish!
However, I can do some hanging out this year after the AA closes at 7pm, so I hope you all are up for it! ^_^

#120 User is offline   Luna_Riven 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 24594
  • Posts: 94
  • Joined: 21-February 09

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:40 PM

Hurray! We have an Iroh! I'm so glad you'll be there, ToTsolot!

I was only joking about the Dancing Dragon, Jgo. You already have so much work to do for your armor, please don't worry about anything else. ^^ (And please be careful with your hands!) Perhaps Xiao can teach it to you at the con, if there's time after the shoot. To be honest, I'd love to learn it too, even though I'm a waterbender, haha.

It would be awesome if you could come for the meet-up, Pixie! I'll keep hoping for you.

And to answer NADAR's question, my costume is actually already done, including the modifications I made after Ohayocon. However, I have come up with a few surprise ideas that I want to do...but they'll require handsewing since my dorm room doesn't have space for a sewing machine.

Perhaps we could go to dinner somewhere after 7, when Tria is freed from the Artist Alley. ^^

This post has been edited by Luna_Riven: 22 April 2009 - 12:40 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays!
Vivi Nefertari (One Piece) Fionna (Adventure Time!) Bruce Banner (Avengers) Rebecca Chambers (RE) Kanaya if there's time (Homestuck)
I'm offering free shoots this year so send me a message if you're interested!

  • 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users