Anime Central Forums: Bon Odori Gathering - Anime Central Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Bon Odori Gathering Meet up at Mitsuwa Bon Odori? O3o'

Poll: Time For Photoshoot? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Time For Photoshoot?

1. 10:00 am (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

2. 11:00 am (3 votes [13.64%])

3. 12:00 noon (5 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

4. 1:00 pm (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. 2:00 pm (3 votes [13.64%])

6. After 2:00 pm (8 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

Vote

#61 User is offline   spazchan 

• EMRT
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 18860

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:04 PM

I can pick you girls up if you need rides.
Costume ProgressProject Riddler = 100%
Project Steam Punk Riddler = 0%

I B Back

#62 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Post icon  Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:21 PM

View PostAmiaeda, on Jul 24 2008, 08:20 PM, said:

I'll be wearing my Aegis wig and headgear along with a yukata I'm making in refference to one she wore in-game during a festival. I hope that's okay! o:

As long as the wig is a color that naturally grows out of a human head, that's no problem.

Once again people, try to keep the brightly-colored wigs at home (brightly-dyed hair is OK though).

Natural-color wigs can pass for human hair, but the Crayola-colored wigs that usually are used for cosplays look like just that.

This post has been edited by this_chick25: 24 July 2008 - 09:23 PM

Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#63 User is offline   Amiaeda 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 13107

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:52 PM

View Postthis_chick25, on Jul 24 2008, 09:21 PM, said:

As long as the wig is a color that naturally grows out of a human head, that's no problem.

Once again people, try to keep the brightly-colored wigs at home (brightly-dyed hair is OK though).

Natural-color wigs can pass for human hair, but the Crayola-colored wigs that usually are used for cosplays look like just that.

Yup, it's blonde. : D

#64 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:53 PM

Have fun people!
A-Cen 2016: Friday Early: Hikaru Friday Late: Nightmare Moon Saturday: Wonder Woman Sunday: Hell Girl

A-cen 2015: Sailor Luna (PGSM) //// Fish Mooney //// Anthy //// Fluttershy (MLP:FIM)
A-cen 2014: Angewomon (Digimon) //// Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) //// Hikaru (Angelic Layer)
A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#65 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:25 PM

View PostSoulcrash, on Jul 24 2008, 09:39 PM, said:

About that... I say... after it's over or when things get REALLY boring and failed........ I say we go to Gamework first.. cause of the under 21 crowded that might come with us... I want them to experience our epic failed in Karaoke!!... and we should go to Denny's or someplace that has food..

or maybe......... we should go to some Karaoke bar that has those private Karaoke rooms...

Well there's Ding Dong Dang, and it's right around the corner from Mitsuwa. Just head down Arlington Heights Road to Golf, make a right, then make a left at that first light into the little shopping center (there's like a big piano store near the street), and Ding Dong Dang is tucked in there.

I would so love to do karaoke but I'm kinda broke and unemployed at the moment...but I'm planning on going to the festival and trying to drag a couple friends with. :D I'll be in a sparkly blue kimono I made myself.
Event Accessibility Services staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Anime Milwaukee 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Karma (Assassination Classroom)
C2E2 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), possibly Ghostbuster (if I have my panel), maybe Neptune (RWBY)
ACen 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), Gou Shijima (Kamen Rider Mach), Karma (Assassination Classroom), Neptune (RWBY)
Definite 2017 cons (no cosplay plans set as of yet): Uchi-con, NWI Comic Con

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My cosplay / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#66 User is offline   Sillybean 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10638

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:31 PM

I hope to be there. It's gonna be fun trying to spot the con-goers in normie clothes :P
Acen 2011 Cosplays: Itoh (Bible black), Akiha Shishido (Sora Kake Girl), Anbu (Original Punk ver.), Hatsune Miku (World is Mine PV)

#67 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:58 PM

ok so im going i just need to be reminded of what bus to take to get to mitsuwa from the Cumberland Station and im not sure if what time the bus runs back to the cumberland station as long i can get back to the blue line i can take it all the way back to forest park :D im going to have to get up about 9 or 10 just to make sure i get to there to meetup on time unlike everyone else i dont have friends to bring so ill be on my own
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#68 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:33 PM

Actually Sakura, you'll want to stay on the blue line until you get to Rosemont. At Rosemont, get on the Pace bus #606 (their page for that route is at: http://pacebus.com/sub/schedules/route_det...asp?RouteNo=606 ), that will stop right in front of Mitsuwa, at Algonquin and Arlington Heights Road. Last bus back to Rosemont leaves Arlington Heights & Algonquin at 11:44 PM. (but depending on how late I stay/money wise/how many people I have with I might be able to drop you at the Blue Line, I pass the Cumberland Blue Line on most of my routes home from Mitsuwa. But I don't know if I'll have other ppl in my itsy bitsy car just yet ;) )
Event Accessibility Services staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
C2E2 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), possibly Ghostbuster (if I have my panel), maybe Neptune (RWBY)
ACen 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), Gou Shijima (Kamen Rider Mach), Karma (Assassination Classroom), Neptune (RWBY)

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My cosplay / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#69 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:54 PM

thanks Knitchick ^_^ well i figured it would be easier to just take the pace 331 to cumberland then the train to rosemont and then whatever bus that gets me to mitsuwa just because its few blocks from me and it would be quicker than riding all the way from the blueline forest park to rosemont i dont know its just what im thinking as far as gettn there i dont mind the long trip back to forest park

but now that i think of it i just might do it that way hmmm ill keep this in mind :D thanks again
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me

#70 User is offline   Sarah Lynn 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19129

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:18 PM

I wonder if it would be okay for me to wear a lolita outfit. What do you guys think?
Planned cons:
Geek.Kon '09
Youmacon '09
Ohayocon 2010

Upcoming cosplays:
Lady Ciel- Kuroshitsuji
Penelo- FFTA2

#71 User is offline   vash204 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 18744

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:28 PM

So what time is every one going to show up? I don't what to be early or late because it look like a lot of fun.
LOVE AND PEACE

I had a great year with you all

Upcoming convention I am going to or try to go to:

Ohayocon

#72 User is offline   Shampoo-chan13 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6607

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

How do you sign up for the contest...? Do you sign-up before or do you sign up on there site XD
Known as Shampoo

Myspace Facebook
Planning
Agito: *Finish Details* | Poland/Feliks: *working on each outfit*
Mao: 60% *Need Wig/Blue Cloak/Headphones* | Usami/Usagi: 70% *Need Wig/Vest* | Kadaj; *for 2011*
KOS MOS: *for 2010!* | Zidane Tribal: Dream | Teito Klein; *After KOS MOS* | Sexy no Jutsu Sasuke; *Planning*
:: Dream Cosplays: KOS MOS
Passed Cosplay: Reno, Deidara, The Ring girl, Pigtailed Ed,TS Naruto Sexy no Jutsu, Causal Shuichi, Lambo, Meowth, Akito/Agito

#73 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:24 PM

i want to get there atleast by 11:30 is there a specific place people will be meeting up?

Facebook Me

#74 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:19 AM

Last year it was over by Soulcrash's ACen car, but I'm not sure if he's bringing it this year because it sustained a little artwork damage from people leaning on it (and BOY did he spaz--understandably).

Mitsuwa's pretty small, but over by the restrooms there was a decent amount of space for a fair-sized group of us to wait around, and some tables (not in the food court proper, but over by the travel agency and the video store)...

But we could always meet up out front... or maybe off by that grassy hill over on the left side, so as not to block the main entrance if our group gets too big?
Acen Attendee since 2001

#75 User is offline   Aku saber 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7420

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:32 AM

Anyone want to have a photoshoot at the festival???? :D If people want, we can have separate photoshoots for ppl in "cosplay" and ppl who are not (and of course, the photo of the whole acen gang^^).

This post has been edited by Aku saber: 26 July 2008 - 06:53 AM

Kufufufu. Illusions or real illusions. Within the illusions hide real illusions...From an illusion will sprout another illusion. Within the truth hides the lie....within the lie hides the truth... I am...The VONGOLA GUARDIAN OF...Sh*t I'm confused....T.T

"Stress causes baldness, but if you pay too much attention to keeping your stress down it'll stress you out more so there's really nothing we can do after all" - Gintama!!! <3

#76 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:43 AM

As lovely as it would be, it may prove a bit daunting. Mitsuwa is REALLY crowded during the Bon Odori festival (moreso than how it is usually crowded on the weekends), so if our group gets too big, it would be a challenge to find a good space to take pics without staff telling us to clear out.

I won't shoot it down straightaway though--if we can find space to do it, I'm all for it!

This post has been edited by this_chick25: 26 July 2008 - 06:46 AM

Acen Attendee since 2001

#77 User is offline   Aku saber 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:48 AM

View Postthis_chick25, on Jul 26 2008, 12:43 PM, said:

As lovely as it would be, it may prove a bit daunting. Mitsuwa is REALLY crowded during the Bon Odori festival (moreso than how it is usually crowded on the weekends), so if our group gets too big, it would be a challenge to find a good space to take pics without staff telling us to clear out.

I won't shoot it down straightaway though--if we can find space to do it, I'm all for it!

maybe we should do it earily then. >o< like before the event starts OxO thinking 9 or 10am ? I've never been to the festival before so i may not know better but couldn't we just pick a spot on the massive grass fields that surround mitsuwa? (or will it be taken by stalls? :x)

This post has been edited by Aku saber: 26 July 2008 - 06:50 AM

Kufufufu. Illusions or real illusions. Within the illusions hide real illusions...From an illusion will sprout another illusion. Within the truth hides the lie....within the lie hides the truth... I am...The VONGOLA GUARDIAN OF...Sh*t I'm confused....T.T

"Stress causes baldness, but if you pay too much attention to keeping your stress down it'll stress you out more so there's really nothing we can do after all" - Gintama!!! <3

#78 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:57 AM

Not stalls, but events and people. Last year there were cultural demonstrations in that field (karate, archery, kendo). Also, as a warning...

...there are large brown ants that run around in the grass on that little hill...

...they crawled up my yukata when I was sitting down there!! ::cries::
Acen Attendee since 2001

#79 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:19 AM

So um... I have a suggestion. Since we didn't get the chance to do the Soy Sauce Pinata @ SoyCon, I was thinking of actually doing it the day of the Bon Oodori, though I don't want to do it at Mitsuwa for obvious reasons. I was suggesting finding a public park or something and wail the living heck out of it for good times. What do you all say about that? Y/N?
SoyCon 8 | The Island Paradise
July 18-19, 2015 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#80 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:04 AM

Hmm... I'm for it!

As somewhat of an incentive for anyone else considering, there's some pretty good Japanese candy in there.
Acen Attendee since 2001

#81 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:40 AM

so what is the photoshoot actually for? Just a gathering of acen friends? or cosplayer? or both???

?_?

I have a really nice blouse the I wore to Chinatown and I got TONS of compliments on it ^_^ so I might wear that...
ACen 2017 LINEUP
Pidge-Voltron
Newt Scamander-FBAWTFT
Neo - RWBY
Flemeth - DA
MC-Mysme

#82 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:18 PM

It's a memory of everyone from the meetup who was there--anyone who showed up to the meetup can get in the pics. It's like an ACen Forums meetup tradition.
Acen Attendee since 2001

#83 User is offline   Shampoo-chan13 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:00 PM

Can't wait 0-0~! XD

Hopefully i can make up kid Naruto's shirt and sew a button on some orange shorts and i'm good for casual cosplay >3
Oh one thing is it ok to wear a headband or noes?
Known as Shampoo

Myspace Facebook
Planning
Mao: 60% *Need Wig/Blue Cloak/Headphones* | Usami/Usagi: 70% *Need Wig/Vest* | Kadaj; *for 2011*
KOS MOS: *for 2010!* | Zidane Tribal: Dream | Teito Klein; *After KOS MOS* | Sexy no Jutsu Sasuke; *Planning*
Passed Cosplay: Reno, Deidara, The Ring girl, Pigtailed Ed,TS Naruto Sexy no Jutsu, Causal Shuichi, Lambo, Meowth, Akito/Agito

#84 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10878

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:23 PM

I talked to my parents and astoundingly it took no effort for me to get permission to go!
Just got to look up the exact directions...

As for my outfit: It'll probably end up being an anime shirt with cat ears and tail unless I can get ahold of the wig I use for my casual crossplays [not mine]... so yeah! I'm going!
And I'll be bringing my brother.
Oops can't afford to go to ACEN anymore! >:

#85 User is offline   Aku saber 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

View PostSoy Sauce, on Jul 26 2008, 02:19 PM, said:

So um... I have a suggestion. Since we didn't get the chance to do the Soy Sauce Pinata @ SoyCon, I was thinking of actually doing it the day of the Bon Oodori, though I don't want to do it at Mitsuwa for obvious reasons. I was suggesting finding a public park or something and wail the living heck out of it for good times. What do you all say about that? Y/N?

I'm all for it! 8D But when? Oxo

#86 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:15 PM

Pinata!!!
Well... it'd make sense to try to do that before the place gets too crowded but I dunno how many people would be around so early.. >>

And now that I know for sure that I'm going I invited some other people so we'll see what happens.
And it also occurred to me that I could wear my Gwen Cooper cosplay since it hasn't been worn anywhere yet... but that's not Asian at all [unless I cosplayed Tosh xD] so I dunno....

#87 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2008 - 03:45 AM

View PostJam-Kiske, on Jul 26 2008, 08:15 PM, said:

Pinata!!!
Well... it'd make sense to try to do that before the place gets too crowded but I dunno how many people would be around so early.. >>

And now that I know for sure that I'm going I invited some other people so we'll see what happens.
And it also occurred to me that I could wear my Gwen Cooper cosplay since it hasn't been worn anywhere yet... but that's not Asian at all [unless I cosplayed Tosh xD] so I dunno....

Ooo yes come as Gwen! :D

I really want to wear my pretty kimono...but I *could* come as Jack instead ;) (or do what I often do..have a change of costume ready in the car)

#88 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:50 AM

View PostKnitChick, on Jul 27 2008, 04:45 AM, said:

Ooo yes come as Gwen! :D

I really want to wear my pretty kimono...but I *could* come as Jack instead ;) (or do what I often do..have a change of costume ready in the car)

I suppose I should then. xD It doesn't require a wig and is casual... though since I got my hair cut last week its way too short... xD
I might wear some cat ears with the cosplay though xD [ooc much?]

As for my friends: one has expressed interest in going if I give her more details... and Yumi will probably be hauled over there with me since she wants to go and knows a bunch of you people already from the land of this forum.

#89 User is offline   Shampoo-chan13 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:37 PM

I'll be with my parents and my best friend ^=^

Hope to see you guys there ^=^" i seem to miss you guys XD
Known as Shampoo

Myspace Facebook
Planning

#90 User is offline   Sarah Lynn 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19129

Post icon  Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:45 PM

I'm gonna be with meh mum and possibly some bffs, hopefully. Maybe. Hope to see ya all there, much love huns.
Planned cons:
Geek.Kon '09
Youmacon '09
Ohayocon 2010

Upcoming cosplays:
Lady Ciel- Kuroshitsuji
Penelo- FFTA2

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic