Anime Central Forums: Handicapped & Special Needs Feedback - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Handicapped & Special Needs Feedback Here's your chance to let us know

#61 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

You guys as a department were the best, as always. Getting my passes was painless and fast.. just keep the room spider-free next year. :shuriken:

#62 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 07 May 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

You guys as a department were the best, as always. Getting my passes was painless and fast.. just keep the room spider-free next year. :shuriken:

God made spiders just to freak out the girls. Who says deities don't have a sense of humor? Posted Image
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#63 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 974

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

Only gripe I had was getting around on crutches during the weekend. I ended up ditching them by Friday afternoon just due to the crowds and other con goers being rude in knocking the crutches, sometimes at the base which made me afraid to fall, hence why I ditched my crutches despite still needing them. Also I know at the Hyatt the elevators were regulated, but there was an issue at the Double Tree in my opinion as waiting for excessive amounts of time for an elevator to be empty in order to get back up to my room.
~Ri-chan
ACen 2013-2014: Customer Service

2013 Cosplay: Team Aqua Grunt (100%), Fluttershy Sweet Lolita (95%)

#64 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

I don't have suggestions on getting other congoers to be more attentive and cautious of your crutches - that's an issue anywhere sadly - and I assume that it was something you will not deal with next year, but for anyone who has forearm crutches that must be used daily or happens to need crutches during the con:

1. Stop with special needs and let them know you're having trouble. If nothing else - we can pass along to IRT to be more aware of you and make sure the crowd is too. They've been at this for several years and are good with coming up with answers!

2. I know this is kind of a lousy option (kind of "fix it yourself") - have a friend to act as spotter and clear a path. I for one am never embarrassed to holler "coming through, please make a hole, a little space please!" when traveling with friends with various "transportation accessories" as long as said friend is ok with me doing it. ^_^
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#65 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

View Postfrzndaqiri, on 09 May 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

1. Stop with special needs and let them know you're having trouble.

Quite right. We make accommodations based on your particular needs. As for the crutches in crowds, there are options that are open to us. We can't guarantee that you won't have any problems at all with getting knocked around, that's to be expected in any crowded setting, but we could at least get you through, or around, the denser areas.
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users