Anime Central Forums: Prop Or Costume Question: Suzumebachi - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Prop Or Costume Question: Suzumebachi

#1 User is offline   paintitblack 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11358

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

I'm going to be cosplaying as Soifon and my husband made me a Suzumebachi out of aluminum(not the sword version, but the stinger she wears on her hand). It would be attached to a glove and he blunted the actual point of it quite a bit, the pointed part is not sharp. I know about the "no live steel" rule and wondered if this is considered a prop or part of the costume because I know that I've seen metal armor and I thought last year I saw people with finger armor-type things...although this is a pretty big piece of finger armor. I don't know...I'm just not sure which rule applies to this.

It hasn't been painted yet and I was thinking that if it was considered "live steel" we could it paint it with a thick epoxy coating so that it wouldn't have any exposed metal and the edges would be blunted further by the coating. Would that be okay?

Ok, well no one replied here, but we went ahead and made a different one that is more epoxy and plastic-based instead of metal.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users