Anime Central Forums: What Was The Creepiest Thing That Happened At Acen To You? - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What Was The Creepiest Thing That Happened At Acen To You? Please, no R-rated content.....unless it's a REALLY entertaining s

#31 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 16336

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:42 AM

Me, I'm something to watch out for.
my first half hour in the con on the first day I was already becoming what you should look out for XD;
Ok so I was wondering if I could walk behind someone, closely, as if I was supposed to be with them without them noticing. some girl walked by in a really pretty Gankotsuou outfit so she was my chosen one. From registration to the dealers area I walked REALLY closely to her to a point where she probably should have noticed. Then I split up when I saw my sister.
:~~~~~Galleries~~~~~:
www.damiset.deviantart.com
www.mangabullet.com/imaurel/profile
imaurel.webs.com
:~~~~~Joined~~~~~:
Pocky Brigade - Pocky Sabotuer
Spam Squad Member!
:~~~~~ACEN Exhibit Hall Staffer - Year 1~~~~~:

#32 User is offline   Sephiroths Wife 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4874

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:18 AM

Hmmmm, I have to say the creepiest thing above all things that had happened to me at Acen was when I was 13 going on 14; I debuted my KITTY original (which is my profile picture) and this gentleman was dressed in a Shippo outfit. Mind you this man was WAY WAY older than I was (at least 30-ish) and he asked for my picture, I naturally posed, due to the Acen vibe. He then came over afterward and showed me the picture and stared directly down into my cleavage and breathing heavily...Almost in a panting manner and he came closer up behind me. Later I found out that he was like, 36 and if it wasn't for one of my buddies getting up in his face who knows what might have happened. Nothing other than that has happened to me. XD
!!!!<('.')> (>'.')> <('.'<) ^('.')^ <('.')^ ^('.')> (>'.')^ ^('.'<)!!!!

PROUD Member of the Neko Army #13 Lieutenant Prrrrrrr,
LONG LIVE THE FAIR!!!! LONG LIVE ZACK FAIR, THE WORLD'S GREATEST SOLDIER OF ALL TIME!!!
BJD OWNERS UNITE!! Show your pride!! ~Dollzone Yuu~
I TIZ BE THE EPIC SHMAZOR! BOW TO MY SHMEXYNESS!! >W< I'm a Reen!! ~* Butt Dance Butt Dance*~

The Malice Mizer walk-on of EPICNESS!!! Acen 08'! http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3718

#33 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16336

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:11 AM

View PostSephiroths Wife, on May 6 2008, 08:18 AM, said:

Hmmmm, I have to say the creepiest thing above all things that had happened to me at Acen was when I was 13 going on 14; I debuted my KITTY original (which is my profile picture) and this gentleman was dressed in a Shippo outfit. Mind you this man was WAY WAY older than I was (at least 30-ish) and he asked for my picture, I naturally posed, due to the Acen vibe. He then came over afterward and showed me the picture and stared directly down into my cleavage and breathing heavily...Almost in a panting manner and he came closer up behind me. Later I found out that he was like, 36 and if it wasn't for one of my buddies getting up in his face who knows what might have happened. Nothing other than that has happened to me. XD

D; Ew
:~~~~~Galleries~~~~~:
www.damiset.deviantart.com
www.mangabullet.com/imaurel/profile
imaurel.webs.com
:~~~~~Joined~~~~~:
Pocky Brigade - Pocky Sabotuer
Spam Squad Member!
:~~~~~ACEN Exhibit Hall Staffer - Year 1~~~~~:

#34 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:18 AM

View PostSephiroths Wife, on May 6 2008, 08:18 AM, said:

Wow, what an awful incident. I'm sorry to hear that but I'm glad you're ok. I would have been traumatized.
=P
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#35 User is offline   audaciouska241 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10462

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:29 AM

View PostFairy Godmoose, on May 3 2008, 02:16 PM, said:

Last year, I was cosplaying as Osaka from Azumanga Daioh. Keep in mind that I am wearing a pretty short skirt. An older guy asked if he could take a picture of me. He looked kinda creepy, but if he was an Azumanga Daioh fan too, it wasn't weird that he'd want a picture of an Osaka cosplayer. After he got a couple shots, though, he asked, "What anime are you from again?" :blink:

I had something like that happen to me on two seperate occasions: ACen and Wizard World (comic con). Only I wasn't dressed up as ANYTHING.

During Acen last year, I was stopped by some guy and he asked for my picture and I was kinda like just "sure okay" because it was my first year and I wasn't sure what to expect, like if that was just kind of a normal thing or not. Well then he asked me what I was from and I said "nothing" and he's like, well, the school girl thing is just so cute, I love it. And I just kinda froze as he said thank you and walked away.

At Wizard World, I was walking through the artist's alley to the gaming place and some guy was shouting at me from where he was sitting behind his art table "HEY! HEY!" and once did the *point to self* to make sure it was me he was shouting at, I walked over and was like "huh?" and he's like "can I get a picture of you?" and I said "Well, I'm not from anything." My boyfriend noticed and cut in and said "NO, she just dresses like that normally!!" And the guy goes "oh...well can I get a picture of you anyways?" ......I don't know why I agreed. -_-

I guess I just must look naturally cartoony. And cute.

...some nights I lose sleep over where those pictures might be right now.... @_@

#36 User is offline   sailorgaia 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3856

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:18 PM

View Postotaku_man7, on May 3 2008, 09:47 PM, said:

I live in a small farming community. And I never had thought of there being any other anime junkies here besides my closest friends. Anywho, there was this girl I've disliked that I grew up with that has lived down the road from me (there's only like 5 houses on this road in the middle of nowhere) pretty much my entire life. Well a couple acen's ago, my friends and I were walking around the lobby at the hyatt and guess who we run into? That freaking girl. Apparently her boyfriend was into anime and he brought her along. I live like 4 hours away from Chicago and I would have guessed her to be the last person I would run into at a con, anywhere. Its nuts!

This amuses me. I also currently live in the boonies of Illinois (200 person "village" that you can literally trot the perimeter of in less than ten minutes). I know I'm the only anime fan in town--quite certain that I'm only cosplayer within at least 30 miles as well. If I saw someone I knew from our community at ACen, I woud seriously be shocked.
"I like it when you clap for me, Ultros. I can just close my eyes and imagine that four people are clapping for me at once!"
Locke, the Hand of God

#37 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:34 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on May 3 2008, 02:44 PM, said:

thats normal
there's this one guy you should watch out fo, he's a pervert. He seems like a normal guy at first but when you get to know him, he's pretty crazy. He usually wears a chinese coat and has spikey hair. eh's pretty slick and doesn't afraid of anything

:blink: ZOMG I think I know this guy!
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#38 User is offline   Rena-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 4823

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:27 PM

Yeah, question--if a pervert/creep is being perverted to us, do we have permission to slap them?
Once the first blood is shed, there's no turning back. Loved ones can't be returned, actions can't be taken back, and no words can ever truly say 'sorry' enough. With a past drenched in blood and tomorrow obscured in a dark mist of uncertainty, I find it hard to set goals or make plans for my future--a future I'm not even sure I want to come. " - Weslyn Truce

Thanks for always making ACen so much fun, everyone!!! GOD BLESS!!!

#39 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

View Postsentinel28a, on May 4 2008, 06:57 AM, said:

Though I fear offending the person involved (I'm pretty sure he doesn't frequent the boards, but still)--I had a crossplayer come to my room party last year. Crossplaying doesn't bug me, but this guy was dressed in a fuku, and looked to be about my dad's age (which is over sixty). I guess that wouldn't bother me as much, but he just had some very strange vibes.

Sailor Bubba freaked me out the first time I saw him, but now--eh, ACen's not complete without a Sailor Bubba sighting. Plus he's a nice guy.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Man Faye and Man Asuka you can never get used to"

I remember that guy! My mom and I were a bit weirded out by him, too. Especially the fact that he gave the name he did instead of a real name >.> That was a bit suspicious, IMO.
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#40 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:37 PM

Ah, this is all so good. Good thing what i'm wearing will pe pretty conservative...<('.')>
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#41 User is offline   Epic_Fail_Guy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 10869

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:44 PM

View PostTakuya_Neko, on May 4 2008, 09:16 PM, said:

now mine is a creepy occurence.
theres this creepy guy who wet to the same college as me, and wherever i went hed show up(stalkerish much?). ad I went to acen last year and was sitting around in my yuna gunmage outfit and out of the corer of my eye i saw him ad he took my picture....... from across the lobby. -.-
but now he doest bother me. Which is good, for hed get severly beat up.

What college did you say you went to again? Remind me to stay far, far away from it.

#42 User is offline   GiveUpTheGhost 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3441

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:16 PM

View PostMock-Kappa, on May 5 2008, 06:14 PM, said:

Acen'07, I was taking a photo of Man-Chi dressed in the outfit that Chi wears when she's the store greeter. After taking the photo, I told the guy that the costume looked cool. His response was "Thanks, It makes me feel pretty.". :blink:

AHAHAHAH he either A) Got you good. Because I would of said the same thing to elicit a response or B) Did not get you so good because he wasn't trying to get an odd reaction from you because he was serious. Which is of course not quite the same level of humor as before.

I had a gay black man say "DAAAAAAAAAAAMN white boy you got an butt! Lemme take yo picture!"

So he took a picture of my caboose in my booty shorts I was wearing. I was drunk so it seemed fine. But now I wonder if I am on some crazy website known as "Strange cross-dresser guy"
My barren plan to be a better man
Rots in abandoned fields
These idle hands inherit spoiled lands
As the hungry become the pigs
We reap (and) we sow
We mourn who we were
Love what we lost

#43 User is offline   zephy 

• Main Programming
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2015

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:04 PM

had a mini shopping cart land about 2 feet away from me after it was tossed from about 2 floors up.
not so much creepy as HOLYGODWHATTHEHELLWASTHAT.
oh god how did this get here i am not good with computer

#44 User is offline   maisoui 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17981

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:07 PM

Not creepy exactly, but something to watch out for, I think.

ACEN '04, me and my friends (quite a few of us) were all sharing a room. While waiting in line for our badges, we started talking to this one chick cosplaying as a Saiyuki character. She seemed nice enough, and then continued to walk around with us all during that day. Eventually, we finally decided that we wanted to unload our stuff and bring it to our room, and our new acquaintance was even nice enough to help us do so (note that we never asked her to do this). This was all well and good, except it ended up that she was trying to stay in our room, saying she was in a fight with her girlfriend as an excuse for not wanting to go back to her own room.

At this point, we had to take a step back and examine the situation. A.) If she already has a room, she should stay in there and not in our room, regardless of any sort of argument she's having with her girlfriend. We were already pretty crammed for space. B.) Sure, she seemed nice and even volunteered herself to help us out with unloading our stuff, but did we really know her that well? No. Thus, we really couldn't trust her. She could be lying about this supposed room and girlfriend in an attempt to camp out in our room without having to pay for it (kind of a pathetic move, IMO). Or she could have wanted to steal our stuff. Who knows.

A bit of drama followed this situation, but we eventually got her to leave and we never saw her again (thankfully).
사랑해요♥♥♥

#45 Guest_kidd_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:08 PM

This isn't THAT creapy but it was for me at the time.

Last year was my first time going to ACen so I was pretty shy.
But i remember I was racing my friends up the stairs.
And this guy dressed up as Neiji(who was riding the escalator down) looked at me and was like "heeeeey! what's up?"
And i first interpreted it as "he's hitting on me."

#46 User is offline   Dreadwyrm 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 16999

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

This isn't so much creepy as just unexpected and probably unusual.

Last year at ACEN, near 10 on saturday, I saw Sailor Bubba, or so I thought, but then she took the beard off and it was a chick crossplaying Sailor Bubba.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users