Anime Central Forums: What Are You Like? What Story Are You Writing With Your Life? - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What Are You Like? What Story Are You Writing With Your Life? Cause I wanna find out about people, make friends, etc. etc.

#31 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10914

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:23 PM

Second post! because I don't want the post to be HUUUGE...so I made two...being equal to more size...didn't think that through...anyway! continuing!

nukiuchi!

You'll have to pardon me, my tagalog is lacking since I never picked it up from my parents very well! So..um...nice to meet you! I'm glad you enjoyed writing about yourself, most people do, and while they do, learn more about themselves, and about people around them! My goal coming to life! Gotta admit, feels good after many failed hook up threads :P

My heart is heavy for your problem, but I'm glad it sounds like you've lived more of a life than almost everyone else on the entire ACEN population...(no offense, but japan!

I think you stick out. You sound like you got alot of life in your body of yours. Even us invisible people are noticed by one person. Even when alone, that one person is there...and sounds like your married to...um...THEM. hehe, You sound very happy in arizona! And quite energetic! I'm sure you have a friend at ACEN that is enjoying it for the both of you. If you want, I'm willing to tape a handy-cam to my forehead so you can still have some experience of this acen! Just let me know, and I'm willing to spend the self-esteem and respect to help people! I'm like a clown-saint. The percentage of either is up to you...

Fairy Godmoose

hehe, we all want friends in life. I bet that's why you talked so much...either that or you wanted to learn...help me out here, I'm running out of plausible excuses for you talking so much! :)

I guess you want what everyone wants...to belong...to retreat to a group of friends that'll take care of ya. I'm glad you know who you are...at least it sounds like it. All of us want lives that are "cooler" than our own. Me? I want adventure..and from what I hear/read, many of us want that meaning in life. I'm sure your life is cool, YOU just have to think it is. Make your own story/life cool. Go out there, and do something notable! Who knows, you could enjoy it? And if not? Well...lets just take this time to say that I'm not liable for any nonsense that may spew out of my piehole :)

We all want love. Hehe, that's why I started the hook up threads, and not for my ever growing lonesome nights...(too sad of a sentence, keep going with the regular plan!)

But I'm sure if you know yourself as you seem to...i'm sure someone will passby...see how COOL your life is...take all your quirks and roll it all into one big barrel of love to dispense onto you (Oooo...dreamy talk!)

Sounds like you're quite the clutz with a heart of gold...oh, i'm sure there are some people out there that just love that. Hope they find you soon. God bless...you jewish, jewish person.
Hello. Pleased to meet you. That's it.

#32 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:25 PM

Look at all these stories...if these were all video tapes, i'd watch em all...take in the beauty that is subtle life. (If these were books, I think i'd just skim around...i'm a lazy reader sometimes...but don't get me wrong, the feelings are there!)

If this is teaching me anything, everyone has a story. I suppose one of the things in life is to get your story out there...make it known...at least to one person.

So, please don't stop. Let me hear all your stories. Your adventures, your events. Your internal processes (not bowel movements...I know those well thanks to an A&P class.)

If anything, ask me something. Look forward to more if possible.

#33 User is offline   Breeder 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9473

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:09 PM

View Postmrhoohaa777, on Apr 21 2008, 03:58 PM, said:

Well, what do you want in life? (This goes for anyone)

What do I want in life, eh? Hmmm.

I want to travel all over the world. I'd like to make lots of friends during my travels. If I had the money, I'd go to more cons to see what they're like. I'm lucky enough to be able to go to 3 cons a year. Eh, I'm a very lazy person and I don't like working at all. I drink and play games to relax. I play more games than watch anime, but sometimes it'll be the other way around. It depends on if they're any good games out or not. That's all I have to say for now. I'd post more, but I'm tired from playing Persona 3 FES all night.

#34 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:14 PM

View PostBreeder, on Apr 24 2008, 02:09 PM, said:

What do I want in life, eh? Hmmm.

I want to travel all over the world. I'd like to make lots of friends during my travels. If I had the money, I'd go to more cons to see what they're like. I'm lucky enough to be able to go to 3 cons a year. Eh, I'm a very lazy person and I don't like working at all. I drink and play games to relax. I play more games than watch anime, but sometimes it'll be the other way around. It depends on if they're any good games out or not. That's all I have to say for now. I'd post more, but I'm tired from playing Persona 3 FES all night.

hehe, You sound like me when No More heroes first came out! By the way, nice save on the post, I was kinda worried that this would lose first page, and be buried among the insanity!

Everyone wants to go on a travel...but where? We just need motivation to get somewhere, and a goal! we all have the different goal...but goals nonetheless.

I guess to stimulate thought...I asked what you wanted in life...now what are you afraid of in life?

#35 User is offline   Tofu 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 16770

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:25 PM

View Postmrhoohaa777, on Apr 19 2008, 05:07 AM, said:

I wish I was the center of a story...with events. I wish I was the main character in this entire world...but I think I'm a secondary character. I wanna be a superhero...never gave up on that...

You, sir, basically summed it up for me right there.

My whole life, I've always changed myself to fit in with the group of people that others seem to envy and talk about. I've always wanted to be noticed for once. I've always wanted to be the one everyone envied and looked up to. I've always wanted to be the one where others would point and say, "I want to be just like her." I know that sounds stupid and narcissistic, but for once, I want to be noticed. For once, I just want to know how it feels to stand out in this world, instead of just being another face in the crowd. Like you said, I want to be the superhero. I've strived for that feeling for the longest time and at one point, I had forgotten who I was because I had changed myself so much. Just recently, I finally found myself again and have fully embraced myself. I'm no longer being someone else. I'm simply being me. But I'm never going to give up on trying to be that superhero. That's something I'm going to strive for until the end of time.

Sorry, that was pretty lame. >.<
Tofu has spoken....

"I don't eat Tofu, that would be cannibalism!!"

Cosplays for ACEN 2008
-Goku (Dragonball Z)
-Shippuuden Kankurou (Naruto)
-Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

#36 User is offline   Yumei 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17438

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:06 AM

Tofu...know how you feel I been thru a time like that> Almost losing yourself trying to be noticed....glad you found yourself ;)

You stand out more when yourself because then you become YOUnique!
Acen10cosplays:(Trinity Blood)Esther Blanchett,(Bleach)Nel resleased form,(KH2)Card form Sora,(Code Geass)Li Xingke,(FMA)Edward decoy
Acen11 Cosplays:FMA:Brotherhood-LanFan,Gravitation-Shuichi,Fruits Basket-Shigure,Avatar-Toph All cosplays are complete!:)
Next con: ACEN

#37 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:17 AM

View PostTofu, on Apr 25 2008, 12:25 AM, said:

You, sir, basically summed it up for me right there.

My whole life, I've always changed myself to fit in with the group of people that others seem to envy and talk about. I've always wanted to be noticed for once. I've always wanted to be the one everyone envied and looked up to. I've always wanted to be the one where others would point and say, "I want to be just like her." I know that sounds stupid and narcissistic, but for once, I want to be noticed. For once, I just want to know how it feels to stand out in this world, instead of just being another face in the crowd. Like you said, I want to be the superhero. I've strived for that feeling for the longest time and at one point, I had forgotten who I was because I had changed myself so much. Just recently, I finally found myself again and have fully embraced myself. I'm no longer being someone else. I'm simply being me. But I'm never going to give up on trying to be that superhero. That's something I'm going to strive for until the end of time.

Sorry, that was pretty lame. >.<

Lame? Have you seen the guy that's been starting all these stupid threads (and this one)? Now that's a lame guy.

Narcissistic? You obviously aren't used to doing what you want! But rather, what other people want. Well, it sounds like you're finally starting your story. Go make sure it has a really eventful storyline before the last few paragraphs in the end of the last chapter! You don't have to be the superhero that saves people to be noticed. You just have to...be happy. Smile! Enjoy yourself! Be proud. That's what most people envy and want. And by posting this little revelation, I think you're going to be noticed quite well. It seems to be up there on your list of priorities! I hope I could help in some way. But be proud, never regret, and smile!

View PostYumei, on Apr 25 2008, 01:06 AM, said:

Tofu...know how you feel I been thru a time like that> Almost losing yourself trying to be noticed....glad you found yourself ;)

You stand out more when yourself because then you become YOUnique!

YOUnique...clever. See? This is why I post so many threads. I know there are people that share the way some of us think. Our goals...values. Some of us feel a bit alone. I hope with threads like these that people like us find...comfort.

#38 User is offline   rupert003 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9797

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:16 AM

What do you want in life?

I want to travel, and after I find the secret of immortality I'll become the supreme ruler of all mankind.
"Glok loved storms! He'd sit an' watch an' laugh through the whole thing. I miss him." —Squee, goblin cabin hand

“But bless us, things may be lovable that are not altogether handsome. […] I have seen many an excellent matron, who could never in her best days have been handsome, and yet she had a packet of yellow love-letters in a private drawer, and sweet children showered kisses on her sallow cheeks. […] Yes! Thank God; human feeling is like the mighty rivers that bless the earth: it does not wait for beauty – it flows with resistless force and brings beauty with it.”
-- George Eliot.

#39 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:27 PM

A fair ruler? Or tyrannical. Cause ya know. I'm a hero in training!

*arm pump*

I just have to get strong first.

#40 User is offline   ~BboyWings~ 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 1180

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:10 PM

I became the father of a beautiful young girl 2 weeks ago so now im on the hustle to get it all rolling as a family man
That'll be $6.50 plus tip, darlin`. I take cash, credit, check, money order, gold, and cigarette cartons.

#41 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3522

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:05 AM

View Postmrhoohaa777, on Apr 23 2008, 04:11 AM, said:

alright, since I was out, I missed a bunch of your posts!

But i promised to make friends with people, because i think more friends is never a bad thing...unless I start asking for money and mooching off of all of you...

ANYWAY.

Jackspicer

Well, admirable. You know what you want. I just hope you know where to find it. Hopefully one of us, if not myself could hlep you out...in a...non...sexual...fashion...but still! There for ya! I respect a person that knows what they want in life! It takes quite a while to know what you want. Me? I'd like a hamburger...and a nice comfy hammock. maybe more.

Lol, I'm easily pleased and I'm always on the journey to meet those life goals. And since i have a significant other it makes the journey easier, but so does good friends ^_^

and im more of a chicken sammich kinda guy
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#42 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16336

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:16 AM

OOOHHHHHHHHHH
A CHANCE TO TALK ABOUT MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I love doing that ~_^

Whelp, where to start?
most of my life, I've not been noticable. Shy beyond belief, catering to others. Second nature to put others first, and I hated it. Fought it, naturally. Got labeled as "angry" once I started. They (They? My sisters, of course!) still try and call me angry. I get angry at one of them, that's to be sure. But there's only so many years you can put up with someoes boss nonsense. So let's get this straight, I'm not angry. I'm also not to be walked on, those days are long past.

What I keep getting told by people is the reason they become attracted (like a magnet, not anything dirty) to me is how incredibly laid-back I am. I have no drama. I've had drama, more then enough drama for a lifetime. which may be why I like having none so much now. I have no enemies, no one conniving trying to ruin my life. I don't know how I do it, plenty of my friends are dramatic enough to bring it over into my life but that's doesn't happen so easily. I'm like a fortress of laid-back XD;

I have two halves. You guys don't know my other, she's a load of fun for me ;D
I'm the smiley evil and she's the angry good, so we fit. My chocolate bear. We've already decided together that we make "Ultima Fangurl" and anyone around us as we are together is frightening. People will vouch for that. When we met I would say I was angry, a scary chick. I scared her. Of course, finding out that we were both anime fans, we became good friends. While she was not my first best friend I'd ever had I'd say she's my first real friend ;0 Took til seventh grade. Well as the years passed her innocence (she wouldn't even cuss, much less be tardy to class XD) dissapated and my uhm...darkness lightened up a bit (I have a mouth like a sailor and showing up to class was not mandatory...well I still do that but I'm better, trust me) and we say we met on middle ground.
A good way to think of us is Nana. I'm Nana O minus the band and she's Hachi minus the slut. People have confused us for dating but our love is purely platonic. Until that manga I had no way to describe to people what it was XD; That you Ai! Well, she's important to mention in my life because I thik if I hadn't met her I'd be a slut, probably dropped out of school, maybe pregnant like my old best friend with some mexicans baby when he doesn't even stick to one woman, doing drugs, among other bad things. My life would be bad ;0 but now I actually have a plan for life, plan to live past twenty, have a preferred college and stuff. She knows how she was necessary in my life xD; Which is why she's always come first.

I'm smiley evil now, not angry sadistic evil. Sadism not gone, just bottled up.
I sometimes cry while watching Worlds Most Amazing Videos, sometimes crack up. Same with the news. I depends how the story tickles me. I appreciate someone with manners yet refrain from them myself, I don't know...except I've been known to be the most polite person in my group xD; What am I, Gin? guess there's a reason I love him so o_0

My dream is to become a writer. I'd like to live a comfortable life but I'd also like to have laods of money so my dad could retire nicely. He had a hard life being married to my mom. And I could take care of the few friends closest to me, like Chocolate Bear. She plans to be an art teacher, she will not live rich xD;
I don't know what else to get across about me. I'm half evil, half nice. Aloof...yet spazzy. Very spazzy.
Very in love with myself xD;
Find boobs the funniest things to be put on this earth.
Proud of my own, yet hide them under baggy shirts so no one can tell XP

I know if anime hadn't come my way music would be my obsession.
I find I have an addictive personality and I obsess.
But that's just how I have fun.
I like fun.
but I'm half hermit.
Leave me alone, will ya?
I don't want someone over every day and the weekends xD;
Go on vacation family, I'd like the house to myself.
Don't...know...what else...
:~~~~~Galleries~~~~~:
www.damiset.deviantart.com
www.mangabullet.com/imaurel/profile
imaurel.webs.com
:~~~~~Joined~~~~~:
Pocky Brigade - Pocky Sabotuer
Spam Squad Member!
:~~~~~ACEN Exhibit Hall Staffer - Year 1~~~~~:

#43 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:20 PM

View Post~BboyWings~, on Apr 27 2008, 09:10 PM, said:

I became the father of a beautiful young girl 2 weeks ago so now im on the hustle to get it all rolling as a family man

OH BLOODY FANTASTIC Mr...Bboy!

What's her name! Um...what does she have that's yours? Your eyes? Your smile! Take this as you will, I take it as the opposite side of the spectrum of a death!

congrats mr. bboy, congrats!

I'm sure you and your misses are gonna be great parents! I'm sure you'll value everything that'll happen because of that little miracle!

Makes me kinda wanna adopt...hehe.

View Postjackspicer, on Apr 28 2008, 09:05 AM, said:

Lol, I'm easily pleased and I'm always on the journey to meet those life goals. And since i have a significant other it makes the journey easier, but so does good friends ^_^

and im more of a chicken sammich kinda guy

Sir...I respect everything you say and believe...

but, chicken sammich instad of a burger? You sir...are a monster. Get away from me.

hehe justkidding, you're alright. (Said in fashion of Rodney Dangerfield)

#44 Guest_kidd_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:30 PM

It amazes me how we all have somewhat similar stories. Though, we may have felt that we were the only ones who experienced this or that.

And to ~BboyWings, congrats!!! ^^

#45 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:35 PM

View PostImaurel, on Apr 28 2008, 10:16 AM, said:

OOOHHHHHHHHHH
A CHANCE TO TALK ABOUT MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I love doing that ~_^

Whelp, where to start?
most of my life, I've not been noticable. Shy beyond belief, catering to others. Second nature to put others first, and I hated it. Fought it, naturally. Got labeled as "angry" once I started. They (They? My sisters, of course!) still try and call me angry. I get angry at one of them, that's to be sure. But there's only so many years you can put up with someoes boss nonsense. So let's get this straight, I'm not angry. I'm also not to be walked on, those days are long past.

What I keep getting told by people is the reason they become attracted (like a magnet, not anything dirty) to me is how incredibly laid-back I am. I have no drama. I've had drama, more then enough drama for a lifetime. which may be why I like having none so much now. I have no enemies, no one conniving trying to ruin my life. I don't know how I do it, plenty of my friends are dramatic enough to bring it over into my life but that's doesn't happen so easily. I'm like a fortress of laid-back XD;

I have two halves. You guys don't know my other, she's a load of fun for me ;D
I'm the smiley evil and she's the angry good, so we fit. My chocolate bear. We've already decided together that we make "Ultima Fangurl" and anyone around us as we are together is frightening. People will vouch for that. When we met I would say I was angry, a scary chick. I scared her. Of course, finding out that we were both anime fans, we became good friends. While she was not my first best friend I'd ever had I'd say she's my first real friend ;0 Took til seventh grade. Well as the years passed her innocence (she wouldn't even cuss, much less be tardy to class XD) dissapated and my uhm...darkness lightened up a bit (I have a mouth like a sailor and showing up to class was not mandatory...well I still do that but I'm better, trust me) and we say we met on middle ground.
A good way to think of us is Nana. I'm Nana O minus the band and she's Hachi minus the slut. People have confused us for dating but our love is purely platonic. Until that manga I had no way to describe to people what it was XD; That you Ai! Well, she's important to mention in my life because I thik if I hadn't met her I'd be a slut, probably dropped out of school, maybe pregnant like my old best friend with some mexicans baby when he doesn't even stick to one woman, doing drugs, among other bad things. My life would be bad ;0 but now I actually have a plan for life, plan to live past twenty, have a preferred college and stuff. She knows how she was necessary in my life xD; Which is why she's always come first.

I'm smiley evil now, not angry sadistic evil. Sadism not gone, just bottled up.
I sometimes cry while watching Worlds Most Amazing Videos, sometimes crack up. Same with the news. I depends how the story tickles me. I appreciate someone with manners yet refrain from them myself, I don't know...except I've been known to be the most polite person in my group xD; What am I, Gin? guess there's a reason I love him so o_0

My dream is to become a writer. I'd like to live a comfortable life but I'd also like to have laods of money so my dad could retire nicely. He had a hard life being married to my mom. And I could take care of the few friends closest to me, like Chocolate Bear. She plans to be an art teacher, she will not live rich xD;
I don't know what else to get across about me. I'm half evil, half nice. Aloof...yet spazzy. Very spazzy.
Very in love with myself xD;
Find boobs the funniest things to be put on this earth.
Proud of my own, yet hide them under baggy shirts so no one can tell XP

I know if anime hadn't come my way music would be my obsession.
I find I have an addictive personality and I obsess.
But that's just how I have fun.
I like fun.
but I'm half hermit.
Leave me alone, will ya?
I don't want someone over every day and the weekends xD;
Go on vacation family, I'd like the house to myself.
Don't...know...what else...

hehe, you really enjoy talking about yourself! But then again, I did ask. Sooo, miss Imaurel. I think everyone starts with that "not noticed feeling". No matter how much our mommies make us smile, we just want more people to notice. Be that a pretty girl in my case, or a nice lookin chap for some of you ladies. But hey, we invisible people band together...and one day will have our reevenge!

That aside, it sounds like you pay attention to your path. You seem to know your faults, as well as your strengths, at least I hope so!

You also seemed to realize that devoting 100% of your being is poison! So that's neato. Still something that most of us haven't learned yet (ie, this idiot talking RIGHT now). You also sound like you know what you want. I hope.

Oh, laidback person! The people that enjoy life sans sin! I think, besides sloth...anyway. Sounds like you had quite a fun trip as a high school person! Gossip! Horrible stuff that is.

AH! A demonized saint! Quite the anomaly... *gets out flashlight pen for eyes* Ah, crying during good times, and laughing during bad. Quite the character! Which means....

QUITE THE STORY! Oh do indulge me! Reading that sentence...sounded quite bad. Well keep going if you can!

You sound like the person that would like to have fun...but kinda rip off a few heads doing so...I mean this in a good way...if that can be taken in a good way...huh...you're the loner type that wants a few chums along the way...what else can I guess on...you like...food?

Sorry. I'm not very good at...ya know...what's that word...oh this is gonna kill me....uh.m.....

oh yeah!

STUFF! Not very good at stuff.

View Postkidd, on Apr 28 2008, 10:30 PM, said:

It amazes me how we all have somewhat similar stories. Though, we may have felt that we were the only ones who experienced this or that.

And to ~BboyWings, congrats!!! ^^

who's story are to referring to?

#46 Guest_kidd_*

• Member No.:

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:41 PM

View Postmrhoohaa777, on Apr 28 2008, 10:35 PM, said:

who's story are to referring to?

Just kinda everyone in general in this thread...or at least the ones I read.
I am only able to skim through some of them.
>.<

#47 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

Oh yes, I know what you mean. Kinda makes all these strangers not so strange. Makes your problems...not so...hard to deal with. Hopefully you find a buddy or two. Do you have a story?

#48 Guest_kidd_*

• Member No.:

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:05 PM

View Postmrhoohaa777, on Apr 28 2008, 10:44 PM, said:

Oh yes, I know what you mean. Kinda makes all these strangers not so strange. Makes your problems...not so...hard to deal with. Hopefully you find a buddy or two. Do you have a story?

Me? Well. I did share a part of my story.

Though, I remember the day when I became the "quiet, shy" girl in my class because I was afraid of being judged. Actually, at the time, It made me wish that I wasn't Filipino, but just like everyone else because I felt like I stood out and all I wanted was a friend to have some common interest. Though, because I was so quiet and shy, i was still "friends" with everyone else because I was extremely nice to everyone but i spoke very few words of my opinions.

Now that I think about it, during my whole grade school life, I stood out in so many ways.
1. I was 1/2 Filipino girls in my class.
2. I had to wear an eye patch in 2nd grade due to my lazy eye.
3. I liked anime/video games.
4. I was kinda..."big" well...at least compared to the other girls.

But that was all in grade school and all those things made me who I am today, a stronger person. ^^

#49 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:42 PM

View Postkidd, on Apr 28 2008, 11:05 PM, said:

Me? Well. I did share a part of my story.

Though, I remember the day when I became the "quiet, shy" girl in my class because I was afraid of being judged. Actually, at the time, It made me wish that I wasn't Filipino, but just like everyone else because I felt like I stood out and all I wanted was a friend to have some common interest. Though, because I was so quiet and shy, i was still "friends" with everyone else because I was extremely nice to everyone but i spoke very few words of my opinions.

Now that I think about it, during my whole grade school life, I stood out in so many ways.
1. I was 1/2 Filipino girls in my class.
2. I had to wear an eye patch in 2nd grade due to my lazy eye.
3. I liked anime/video games.
4. I was kinda..."big" well...at least compared to the other girls.

But that was all in grade school and all those things made me who I am today, a stronger person. ^^

Oh, if anything that I've learned from reading EVERY story posted...most of us think we're secondary characters. I'm sure there's more to your story miss kidd! C'mon, you know there's more to your little book you call a life. Just think a bit more...if you want. that's cool if you don't. :P

If you think about it, we all have something we wish we didn't have or were. I got me a bit of a speech impediment that resulted in me being shy after moving to my current house. This speech impediment keeps me from correctly saying "Russell", and people then think I got one of those foreign names. But there are girls that think their boobs are too small, or they're too fat, or some boys out there that think their identity keeps them from fitting in. Everyone has one of those. All depends on how you use it I guess.

#50 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:13 PM

So I need a bit of advice from some of you intelligent, and the random, people.

So here I am, sitting on my throne with my laptop...and "writing my own story" persay...but I dunno where to write next...

A friend offered me a job....talking to kids in china in english, so they can practice. I'd be flown for free to china...for a year...and also get free room. I think I'd get either 12,000 to 20,000 a year. But for a year. Leaving my family, and friends, and one acen (ha! now you care!) behind. I kinda pride myself on the people that I know, talk to, help, heck, even just acquaintance...

but i dunno...I also do like adventure. And i don't think i've ever been 100% on my own, even in college. Speaking of college, i'm just finishing up my junior year. would be rather something nice to put on a resume when I come back and finish college....

I'm pretty much going back and forth in my head, you know? Go out there and explore a new area and leave everyone here that I've grown to actually...ya know....care about.

But if I stay here, finish school...go to police academy...try to do stuff to be the world's greatest detective...

I think I may go...but i'm still a bit undecided. what do you think?

#51 User is offline   ~BboyWings~ 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 1180

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:23 PM

I just wanna thank everybody for congratulating me and my gf on the new addition to my family!
she looks like me but shes got my GFs forehead and ears lol this might be the last ACen i go to
That'll be $6.50 plus tip, darlin`. I take cash, credit, check, money order, gold, and cigarette cartons.

#52 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:30 PM

I'd go. I'd miss ACEN and respectively a couple other people myself, but it sounds like a great experience. And, in the case of China taking over the world, you probably will have picked a little of it up along the way X3;
imaurel.webs.com
Spam Squad Member!

#53 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:48 AM

View PostImaurel, on May 2 2008, 07:30 PM, said:

I'd go. I'd miss ACEN and respectively a couple other people myself, but it sounds like a great experience. And, in the case of China taking over the world, you probably will have picked a little of it up along the way X3;

I think I will go...a bit scary...but more exciting than scary. I hope I can at least access the forums from there.

#54 User is offline   Tofu 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 16770

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:16 AM

View Postmrhoohaa777, on May 2 2008, 05:13 PM, said:

So I need a bit of advice from some of you intelligent, and the random, people.

So here I am, sitting on my throne with my laptop...and "writing my own story" persay...but I dunno where to write next...

A friend offered me a job....talking to kids in china in english, so they can practice. I'd be flown for free to china...for a year...and also get free room. I think I'd get either 12,000 to 20,000 a year. But for a year. Leaving my family, and friends, and one acen (ha! now you care!) behind. I kinda pride myself on the people that I know, talk to, help, heck, even just acquaintance...

but i dunno...I also do like adventure. And i don't think i've ever been 100% on my own, even in college. Speaking of college, i'm just finishing up my junior year. would be rather something nice to put on a resume when I come back and finish college....

I'm pretty much going back and forth in my head, you know? Go out there and explore a new area and leave everyone here that I've grown to actually...ya know....care about.

But if I stay here, finish school...go to police academy...try to do stuff to be the world's greatest detective...

I think I may go...but i'm still a bit undecided. what do you think?

This trip sounds like a once in a life time kind of thing. Sounds exciting!

You say that you pride yourself on the people that you know, talk to, and help, even if they are acquaintances. If you go to China, imagine all the people you will meet, talk to, get to know more about, and all the kids you would be helping. I think that's something you can pride yourself upon for the rest of your life.

I know it's hard to leave family and loved ones behind for a whole year. It can be hard at times. But China is no longer a 3rd world country. I'm sure you'll have internet access to check up on family and friends, chat with them (webcams are a plus), and even access this forum to tell us how you're doing. :lol: China is a beautiful country and if you go, you will make lots of memories and friends there that you will cherish them all for a long time.

Expand yourself.
Go into unknown territory within yourself by finally going out on your own.
With the skill to be on your own, and the knowledge of another culture, it will make you a stronger person.
I'd say go for it! :)
Tofu has spoken....

"I don't eat Tofu, that would be cannibalism!!"

Cosplays for ACEN 2008
-Goku (Dragonball Z)
-Shippuuden Kankurou (Naruto)
-Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

#55 User is offline   mendokuse 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3415

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:25 AM

~BboyWings~
Congrats on 'LiL'BgirlWings. Much love to you & your family.

My Life Story*
I am known by everyone as a 'nice guy'.
I am known to be knowledgeable, but very goofy (I'm somewhat still the same since high school).
I am known to be athletic.
Love does make the world go round. So dammit, start showing some love people!
I would prefer to live a simple life, but as we all know that is rarely the case.
My goals in life (since college) reflect that ideology in that I only want to: marry my girlfriend, raise a family, grow old and then die surrounded by loved ones. (Well, growing old and dying is kind of a given, isn't it?)
I've recently graduated college and am starting a "real job", whatever that means. If you have to answer to a boss/manager, it's a real job.
Music is in my veins. The songs I hear set my mood and oh, how I long for my funky T-bone. `,,`,

To impart some advice:

Those who leave home and society do so because they are fed up with mundane turmoil and seek liberation from birth and death.... This is why ancient sages taught people to be complete in the present; if you can be complete in the present, what else is there?

Oh, and Buddha is a dry turd.

*Story subject to change. Story may be real with the names of people/locations changed due to my carelessness. Story may end abruptly with... well, death.

#56 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:25 AM

View Postmrhoohaa777, on May 4 2008, 03:48 AM, said:

I think I will go...a bit scary...but more exciting than scary. I hope I can at least access the forums from there.

I wonder?
imaurel.webs.com
Spam Squad Member!

#57 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:36 PM

Alright, i'm going to china...i asked my buddy who's managing it. He said sometime around november. I'll see if I can keep you guys posted on what knd of shenanigans I get into. or what I eat.

#58 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:46 AM

Oh schnap, that close?
Good luck! ;D
imaurel.webs.com
Spam Squad Member!

#59 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:16 AM

View PostImaurel, on May 6 2008, 06:46 AM, said:

Oh schnap, that close?
Good luck! ;D

yeah...a bit scared about it...but I'll probably try to save up money to come back for a week for acen and buddies. Ought to be fun, right?

#60 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:06 PM

I = Ohki. I'm a theatre nerd and I srsly need a life. I have a few good friends and several people I'm on friendly terms with, plus many more good friends from the internets/Acen/etc. I really want to travel more, particularly making a return trip to France and Germany, which I visited two years ago. I'm a packrat collector, as my room proves. I'm a total animal lover with four cats. I start terrifying running jokes, particularly at theatre settings. I had my theatre class laughing about "losing your innocence" for weeks.

I'm willing to go into more detail on specific things if asked =3
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users