Anime Central Forums: Acen: The Ultimate Otaku Quest 08 - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Acen: The Ultimate Otaku Quest 08 10 groups of 8 ACen Otaku will set out on the quest of a lifetime...

#61 User is offline   superdrive0 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9046

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:36 PM

View Posttatsumakichan, on Apr 30 2008, 02:11 AM, said:

Sorry for the late reply but I'm still trying to get my group together... We might only have 7 people in our team because of some technique and monetary difficulty.

How many more spots are there?

There are currently two more spots left. It's fine to sign up a team of 7.

View PostMalik, on Apr 30 2008, 09:06 AM, said:

I'll send pictures of them once i remember to bring my camera.

Alright, make sure to send me all of the information for your new members too.

#62 User is offline   Alicorn 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8346

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:23 PM

View Postsuperdrive0, on Apr 30 2008, 04:11 AM, said:

Hey, I finally found out about this. Sorry for the incredibly long wait, but I believe that the computer does have a FireWire port. Here is the computer we have if you want to double check for yourself http://www.dell.com/content/products/produ...s=bsd&cs=04

We are still asking that people bring USB cables if possible, as the firewire port has never been used, and we can't guarantee that it will work. But if that is all you have then you might as well bring it and give it a try.

I don't see that that model does, actually, but it was worth a look :) I don't think I'm going to do it again this year, anyway - being staff takes up a lot of time, and playing in the scavenger hunt takes a lot of time (if you're serious about it!) and that makes the con feel too rushed ;)

#63 User is offline   superdrive0 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:41 PM

Oh, well it says "1394" under ports, I thought that was what you were asking about.
That's too bad that you're not going to do it again, but I understand. It's not fun when you have no free time to just relax when you're at a convention.

#64 User is offline   Alicorn 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8346

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:17 AM

Oh does it? Maybe so, then ^^;; (I just looked at the pics, I didn't actually read 'cause I'm lame like that, ahehehe)

(I see now...it was a 4-pin port instead of the 6-pin I was expecting since that's what's on my desktop, lol)

#65 User is offline   Ita-chan 

• IRT
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 18016

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:38 PM

where will we be meeting to get our lists?

#66 User is offline   superdrive0 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:52 AM

View PostIta-chan, on May 1 2008, 08:38 PM, said:

where will we be meeting to get our lists?

We will have a room where we'll be meeting, we will also go over the rules and give you other information during this first meeting too. Right now I don't know which exact room we're going to be in, but I will let everyone know once we find out.

#67 User is offline   Spydie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 4073

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:34 PM

Does our entire team need to be present for the meeting? Because half of us aren't due to be at con until the afternoon.
I am made of awesome: pure, unfiltered awesome.

#68 User is offline   Aonele 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 11231

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:45 PM

The first post says that as long as even just one member can show up to the meeting, it'll be fine :]

Btw, has the date of this event been decided yet?
---Cosplay List 2012---
Will not be attending ;-;

#69 User is offline   superdrive0 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

View PostSpydie, on May 2 2008, 09:34 PM, said:

Does our entire team need to be present for the meeting? Because half of us aren't due to be at con until the afternoon.

We strongly prefer if your whole team can be there for all the meetings. If it is not possible due to logistics, you may still participate as long as one member of your team can be at the first meeting. Please try and have as many members there as possible though.

View PostAonele, on May 3 2008, 09:45 PM, said:

The first post says that as long as even just one member can show up to the meeting, it'll be fine :]

Btw, has the date of this event been decided yet?

This event goes all weekend long. Friday morning we will have the introduction meeting, where the teams will hear the rules and get their lists. Friday and Saturday night there will be times for the teams to turn in what they've gathered, and Sunday we will announce the winners and show all the teams' videos. We just don't know the exact times these will be happening at yet.

#70 User is offline   jrbestler 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 10946

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:30 AM

View Postsuperdrive0, on May 4 2008, 05:47 PM, said:

We strongly prefer if your whole team can be there for all the meetings. If it is not possible due to logistics, you may still participate as long as one member of your team can be at the first meeting. Please try and have as many members there as possible though.

This event goes all weekend long. Friday morning we will have the introduction meeting, where the teams will hear the rules and get their lists. Friday and Saturday night there will be times for the teams to turn in what they've gathered, and Sunday we will announce the winners and show all the teams' videos. We just don't know the exact times these will be happening at yet.

My team plans to get to the con around10am Friday and a few of us will still have to go through the express at the door reg line. Is there any chance the meeting will be at or before 10am? I'm trying to determine if we need to be shooting for earier than 10am.
The hordes of hades all need to ship their dorm rooms home. Right now.
The leviathian has a job that will take 12 hours to run, but they need it in 2.
The four horsemen want to know why my store isn't open 24 hours.

My day's great. How's yours?

#71 User is offline   superdrive0 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:29 PM

View Postjrbestler, on May 6 2008, 12:30 PM, said:

My team plans to get to the con around10am Friday and a few of us will still have to go through the express at the door reg line. Is there any chance the meeting will be at or before 10am? I'm trying to determine if we need to be shooting for earier than 10am.

We are hoping to hold the first meeting around noon, but again, it's up to the people who are organizing the schedule.

And a notice to all teams and potential participants: If you want to add extra members to your group or sign up with less than a full team then you need to do so by FRIDAY, May 9th. After this time we will not be accpeting any individual players or additions to teams, as we will have to finalize groups and organize people together. We still have two spots available for full teams however, and they can still sign up after the 9th, but we prefer you get your registration in ASAP.

Also, once again make note that if you haven't gotten an email response to your registration, or if you have emailed me about adding members to your team and have not received a response from me, then I have NOT received your email and your team or extra members are not part of the quest. If you have emailed me and gotten no response please email me again or contact me via the forums.

#72 User is offline   tennyo 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 18225

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:18 PM

How long should we wait to get an email back? I sent my group in last night at about 11 central time. :ph34r:

#73 User is offline   superdrive0 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:35 PM

View Posttennyo, on May 7 2008, 04:18 PM, said:

How long should we wait to get an email back? I sent my group in last night at about 11 central time. :ph34r:

I think I just replied to your email, if you're the Tennyo from Team Taco A Go Go! If you're someone else then I haven't received an email from you.

Here are the spots we have available as of now for everyone who hasn't signed up yet: One full team slot, one four person slot (this is on a team with young teenagers), two three person slots, and one individual slot. (Of course you can sign up with less than enough people to fill the slots, just letting you know what's available.) These are somewhat subject to change because I may still move some people to different teams, but with the entries I have now that is how things stand.

#74 User is offline   tennyo 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 18225

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:20 PM

That would be me! Thank you so much!!

#75 User is offline   tatsumakichan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17729

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:44 AM

I just registered my team... hope it's not too late! Our team name is TMI and I am Ashley... kinda.
Cosplay 2011: X23 (MvC3), Female!Japan (APH)

Blog: http://jenniferkwanart.blogspot.com/
Deviantart: Art Account and Photo/cosplay Account

#76 User is offline   superdrive0 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:44 PM

View Posttatsumakichan, on May 8 2008, 01:44 PM, said:

I just registered my team... hope it's not too late! Our team name is TMI and I am Ashley... kinda.

Nope, it wasn't too late, you guys are our last team ^^ I just replied to your email.

Notice to everyone who hasn't signed up yet: If you have four or less people in your group and email me your registration before 4:00pm tomorrow (Friday May 9th) then you may still join Otaku Quest (you will be added to an already existing but not yet full team). Otherwise Otaku Quest registration is closed!
We will, however, be accepting back-up teams for the event that one of the teams we have signed up doesn't show. We had four teams not show up last year, so it is a possibility that you will get in. Just send me your registration and you will be put on a waiting list. You will then have to show up at the first meeting to see whether we have an opening or not, and if one of our teams doesn't show then you're in.

An update on times: We still don't know the rooms or times for our meetings. Just to clarify, this is not my fault, I do not get to organize ACen's schedule. As soon as I am told this information I will email all of the teams to let them know.

For individual or small entrys: I will be sending out an email tomorrow sometime after 4pm letting you know who else is in your group. If you have any concerns about who you will be placed with, please let me know this before that time. I have already talked to a few of you via email about these concerns, if this is the case then you don't need to message me again.

#77 User is offline   Spydie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:57 AM

I can't wait for this event!!! :D

#78 User is offline   superdrive0 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:41 PM

Alright, all teams are now finalized! I emailed all the teams that had to be joined together (which was only two teams). If you did not get an email then it means that you didn't have any extra members added to your group. Here is a list of the teams for this year:

KakuRenBo
St Jude's Horde
Black Nights
U Dub Dub
The Kaviki Boiz and Nyappy Gurl
Team Banzai
ACEN Team Awesome
(Nameless team)
Team Taco A Go Go!/Teh Randomness/Other name?
TMI (Team Missions are Important)

For those of you who are newbies this year, check out some of last year's videos here http://youtube.com/user/ACenOtakuQuest so you have a better idea of what you'll be doing ^^

And, I finally have the times for Otaku Quest!

Otaku Quest 1 hour Friday Morning: 1-2pm LP5
Otaku Quest 1/2 hour Friday Night: 10-10:30pm LP5
Otaku Quest 1 hour Saturday Night: 10-11pm LP5
Otaku Quest 2 hours Sunday: NOON - 2pm

I will be sending an email to all the teams either tonight or tomorrow informing you of the times, along with more details about what will be happening at each meeting.
For those of you who are not participating, the Sunday meeting is the only time you may attend. This is when we will be showing the videos that the teams found. The first three meetings are for Team Members only!

We also have an update on prizes! The second place team will be receiving a bundle of anime dvds, and the third place team will get some ACen t-shirts! First place is still badges for ACen 09! :)

#79 User is offline   Rawk z3r0 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 15588

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:07 AM

View Postsuperdrive0, on May 9 2008, 06:41 PM, said:

Alright, all teams are now finalized! I emailed all the teams that had to be joined together (which was only two teams). If you did not get an email then it means that you didn't have any extra members added to your group. Here is a list of the teams for this year:

KakuRenBo
St Jude's Horde
Black Nights
U Dub Dub
The Kaviki Boiz and Nyappy Gurl
Team Banzai
ACEN Team Awesome
(Nameless team)
Team Taco A Go Go!/Teh Randomness/Other name?
TMI (Team Missions are Important)

For those of you who are newbies this year, check out some of last year's videos here http://youtube.com/user/ACenOtakuQuest so you have a better idea of what you'll be doing ^^

And, I finally have the times for Otaku Quest!

Otaku Quest 1 hour Friday Morning: 1-2pm LP5
Otaku Quest 1/2 hour Friday Night: 10-10:30pm LP5
Otaku Quest 1 hour Saturday Night: 10-11pm LP5
Otaku Quest 2 hours Sunday: NOON - 2pm

I will be sending an email to all the teams either tonight or tomorrow informing you of the times, along with more details about what will be happening at each meeting.
For those of you who are not participating, the Sunday meeting is the only time you may attend. This is when we will be showing the videos that the teams found. The first three meetings are for Team Members only!

We also have an update on prizes! The second place team will be receiving a bundle of anime dvds, and the third place team will get some ACen t-shirts! First place is still badges for ACen 09! :)

WHEHOO! Those prizes smell pretty sweet! Can't wait to compete this year! ^_^

#80 User is offline   superdrive0 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:01 AM

Just as a clarification for any of you who are checking out the schedule that was posted, there is NO MEETING on Saturday morning. That was put on the schedule by mistake.

#81 User is offline   Spydie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:25 AM

OMG This event was incredibly AWESOME!!! I had so much fun! I can't wait to compete next year! TEAM AWESOME IS GONNA WIN THIS!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

#82 User is offline   jrbestler 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 10946

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:48 PM

Most fun I had at the covention. I hope you guys are back next year.
The hordes of hades all need to ship their dorm rooms home. Right now.
The leviathian has a job that will take 12 hours to run, but they need it in 2.
The four horsemen want to know why my store isn't open 24 hours.

My day's great. How's yours?

#83 User is offline   superdrive0 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:25 PM

Woot, I'm glad you guys had fun! ^^ We are definitely going to continue this next year. If you guys have any suggestions to improve the event, or if you want to just give us feedback on what you liked or didn't like, then feel free to email me or leave a comment on here.

Hopefully the videos will be on youtube shortly. Since we used Kris' laptop instead of mine it's up to her to upload them... I'll be sure to pester her about getting it done though ^^;;

Edit 5/20: She started uploading some of them, check them out here http://www.youtube.c.../ACenOtakuQuest

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users