Fushigi Yuugi 2008 FY Cosplay in '08 - or any other Watase manga cosplay

#31 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 6584

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:14 AM

View PostRenegadePocky, on May 6 2008, 12:14 AM, said:

Would you guys mind moving up to the dome proper in case of rain? The convention wants to place a photographer where the stairs are.

Yeah, that should be fine. =)
Everyone, please take note of this small change! It shouldn't affect us as long as it doesn't rain though. =)

My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2015 Cosplay

Friday: Rin Tohsaka - Fate/Stay Night
Saturday: Rinoa - Final Fantasy VIII
Sunday: White Mage (Custom design) - Final Fantasy series

#32 User is offline   seloy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 2454

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:26 PM

View Postrichan, on May 5 2008, 06:21 PM, said:

Well, you'll be lucky next year. I'm doing Amiboshi next year and my identical twin sister is doing Suboshi. I love FY!!

Curses! It should be this year~ I need a Suboshi to pose with! :P
"Someday, if you're lucky, i'll introduce you to Seloy Deparra."
--Max Sterling, The Zentraedi Rebellion

2005 Pics-- http://photobucket.c...y242/congoblin/

2006 Pics--
http://www.flickr.co...s/14628745@N00/
OR
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/cong...02006/?start=40
(one you can read and leave comments, the other is just pics)

2007 Pics--
Flikr <--Pics w/ comments
OR
Photobucket <-- More pics fit on this site

Visit my DA page:
http://seloy.deviantart.com/
Or not.

#33 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:41 PM

Yay, thanks guys.

I'll be there to take pictures! Darn Yuu Watase and her addictive serieses. Now...if we could get a group of guys to do the famed women's hot springs disguises.....

#34 User is offline   richan 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 18156

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:29 PM

View PostRenegadePocky, on May 6 2008, 06:41 PM, said:

Yay, thanks guys.

I'll be there to take pictures! Darn Yuu Watase and her addictive serieses. Now...if we could get a group of guys to do the famed women's hot springs disguises.....

That thing was friken hilarious! :P I love Mitsutake's and how he's blurred out!
"Unfortunatly, none of the dresses fit me very well..."

#35 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:06 PM

View Postrichan, on May 11 2008, 04:29 PM, said:

That thing was friken hilarious! :P I love Mitsutake's and how he's blurred out!
"Unfortunatly, none of the dresses fit me very well..."

I loved that. The Bus Trip omake was really the only redeeming thing that the first OVA had. Have you read volume 8 of the manga? The chapters that were cut from the anime and made up in that omake are at the beginning, and although Mitsukake's face is still blurred out, you get to see it later. Scary stuff. XD

My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2015 Cosplay

#36 User is offline   richan 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:16 PM

View Postranefea, on May 11 2008, 07:06 PM, said:

I loved that. The Bus Trip omake was really the only redeeming thing that the first OVA had. Have you read volume 8 of the manga? The chapters that were cut from the anime and made up in that omake are at the beginning, and although Mitsukake's face is still blurred out, you get to see it later. Scary stuff. XD

Yeah, I wondered what happened to that part of the manga. I agree with the bus trip being the only reedeming part of the first OVA. Ii kind of sucked and made not too much since. I was like...okay? But the second part is much better. During the part where Mitsukake's face is blurred, for just a second, there is no blur on it and my sister and I tried so hard to pause it and look at it. Yeah, not too pretty.

#37 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

View Postrichan, on May 12 2008, 05:16 PM, said:

Yeah, I wondered what happened to that part of the manga. I agree with the bus trip being the only reedeming part of the first OVA. Ii kind of sucked and made not too much since. I was like...okay? But the second part is much better. During the part where Mitsukake's face is blurred, for just a second, there is no blur on it and my sister and I tried so hard to pause it and look at it. Yeah, not too pretty.

Yeah, well none of it really makes sense since none of that is supposed to happen. The 2nd OVA follows part 2 of the manga, so of course it's better. OVA 1 was just made to bridge the gap that was created after they changed Miaka's final wish in the anime. But just a short explanation or scene to correct the problem in OVA 2 would have sufficed.

My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2015 Cosplay

#38 User is offline   richan 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:43 PM

View Postranefea, on May 12 2008, 05:47 PM, said:

Yeah, well none of it really makes sense since none of that is supposed to happen. The 2nd OVA follows part 2 of the manga, so of course it's better. OVA 1 was just made to bridge the gap that was created after they changed Miaka's final wish in the anime. But just a short explanation or scene to correct the problem in OVA 2 would have sufficed.

I thought that maybe the first OVA was all a dream because at the beginning of the second one Taka wakes up from a terrible dream. They really didn't need to do all that they did for the first part. An episode or two could have sufficed for the first OVA, making it one big OVA. It was a waste of money (for them and us), but back to our first topic, the bus trip saga was almost worth it, though

#39 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:56 PM

View Postrichan, on May 13 2008, 04:43 PM, said:

I thought that maybe the first OVA was all a dream because at the beginning of the second one Taka wakes up from a terrible dream. They really didn't need to do all that they did for the first part. An episode or two could have sufficed for the first OVA, making it one big OVA. It was a waste of money (for them and us), but back to our first topic, the bus trip saga was almost worth it, though

Yeah definitely. Not just because it was hilarious but because it did in a small way give us a hint back of what was cut in teh TV anime. =)

My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2015 Cosplay

#40 User is offline   richan 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:34 PM

View Postranefea, on May 13 2008, 05:56 PM, said:

Yeah definitely. Not just because it was hilarious but because it did in a small way give us a hint back of what was cut in teh TV anime. =)

The bus ride thing did refresh my memory a lot on what happened. For example, I completely forgot that Amiboshi and Suboshi could write to each other on their bodies. I was like 'O YEAH!!!', so that was nice, since I watched the OVA 2 or 3 years after I watched the original series.
We should, all though I HIGHLY doubt it would ever happen, suggest that Yuu Watase come to Acen.

#41 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:58 PM

View Postrichan, on May 14 2008, 08:34 PM, said:

The bus ride thing did refresh my memory a lot on what happened. For example, I completely forgot that Amiboshi and Suboshi could write to each other on their bodies. I was like 'O YEAH!!!', so that was nice, since I watched the OVA 2 or 3 years after I watched the original series.
We should, all though I HIGHLY doubt it would ever happen, suggest that Yuu Watase come to Acen.

Yeah. Although I never forgot about that (I watch/read the series constantly, lol) It was great to see it in such a comical manner. =D

Yeah, that would rock. I mean, it is a far cry, but I mean if AX could get CLAMP....lol.

My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2015 Cosplay

#42 User is offline   richan 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:54 PM

View Postranefea, on May 14 2008, 08:58 PM, said:

Yeah. Although I never forgot about that (I watch/read the series constantly, lol) It was great to see it in such a comical manner. =D

Yeah, that would rock. I mean, it is a far cry, but I mean if AX could get CLAMP....lol.

I wish I could watch/read the series more, but i can't with school, although I usually watch/read certain parts I like sometimes. I also watch the extras a lot, like the music videos. It's too bad they couldn't put in the section where they go to the all female island. That would have been hilarious, but I remember them saying it wasn't apprpriate for TV there or something, so they had to take it off.

They seriously got CLAMP? SWEET!.....i wish i could've seen them.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users