• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Acen Bachelor! ^_^

#1 User is offline   SakuraLanee 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 5156

Post icon  Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:12 PM

Hello everyone! This is for all those con-going ladies out there who are single!

My friend, Joe, is looking for a meaningful relationship and I decided to hold an "ACEN Bachelor". Mostly, I'm setting up the way you can contact him.

Some information on Joe:

Joe is a 22 year old College graduate that is currently residing in Milwaukee, WI. He graduated from Full Sail digital arts college. He enjoys cosplaying, drawing, videogames, music, 3d stuff, anything Gundam, and karaoke.

He is seeking a relationship that means something and that will last. He is not looking for any unserious people and hopes to find someone that he can get to know well. He hopes to find someone he can have fun with as well as someone who he can spend time with, watch anime with, play video games with (if you can beat him, it's an added bonus), and enjoy being with and who can enjoy being with him. Joe is seeking a long term relationship.

Request of having her in her 20ish age range and cute is also sought after by Joe. ^_^

Of course, I have pictures for all of you ladies:

http://img146.images...8/acen03pz0.jpg

http://img146.images...dsc07684va8.jpg

http://img508.images.../img0018xo6.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4424/me...hiroth01hk8.jpg

http://img525.images...2/684526wv2.jpg

Contacting Joe:

Email - josephiroth01@hotmail.com

Phone - 309.648.1182

Any further Questions or Comments, post them here! I'll be checking in each day!
My spoon is too big!

Love is giving someone the power to destroy you but trusting them enough not to.

#2 User is offline   SakuraLanee 

• Pip

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:28 PM

BUMP :lol:
My spoon is too big!

Love is giving someone the power to destroy you but trusting them enough not to.

#3 User is offline   Xenida 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 7493

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:11 AM

I don't want to be rude, but you should try to come to some of the meetups, thats a good way to meet people. Plus there are a lot of meetups coming up, several people are having meetups for their birthday and their is the winter meetup in a couple of months.
Upcoming conventions:
ACEN, AnimeIowa, AWA

ACEN Cosplays:
Seto Kaiba (Yugioh)
Gerard (Fairy Tale)
Gaara or Panda Gaara
Hatsuharu (Fruits Basket)

Kakekage Gaara
"With Sand I can do anything"

#4 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 4411

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:38 PM

Yeah, enjoy the meetups .... *sniff*

Seriously though, tell your friend to get himself out there instead of having you advertise for him ... does not impress the ladies.
♥ Amunet will move to Illinois! Coming Soon ♥
~ Captain of The Glomp Team ~
Official Thread of The Glomp Team ~ Click Here ~
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#5 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:27 AM

Its a nice sentiment, but yeah, I agree with the others. Plus if hes really interested, theres a LOT of profiles people posted on the hookup thread despite the other randomness that goes on in that thread. He could still contact any other one of those girls.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#6 User is offline   R1KKu 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 601

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:36 AM

I remember his Cloud and Ichigo costumes. He's cute, and Im sure he wont have a hard time finding a girl (hopefully not a rabid fangirl) Tell him to come to the gatherings. :P
I have zombies and I'm not afraid to use them!!

#7 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:49 AM

View PostXenida, on Aug 6 2007, 08:11 AM, said:

I don't want to be rude, but you should try to come to some of the meetups, thats a good way to meet people. Plus there are a lot of meetups coming up, several people are having meetups for their birthday and their is the winter meetup in a couple of months.

Meetups are a great way to make new friends and who knows maybe you might find the Mr. Right there. I met a guy there and were talking still. Nothing's happened yet but anythings possible and try to refrain from bumping on the forums. "Bumping" - defined as replying to your own thread for the sake of moving it back up to the top - is not allowed.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#8 User is offline   ai_no_kaku 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 10175

Post icon  Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:26 AM

*giggles* I met him at ACen. He was cosplaying as Ichigo and I was cosplaying Matsumoto. If I remember correctly... my friend who was cosplaying Orihime was there as well! He was really nice. Does he have any idea you're doing this? It's a very sweet thing of you to try to do for your friend though. And I can see why it might be hard for him to come to some of the meet ups in the Chicago Land area... seeing as how he lives in Milwaukee. If he can make it, why not bring him to the Luau I posted about in the "Chit-Chat" section of the forum? Several of my very cute, very sweet, very single friends are going to be there. I'd be happy to indroduce him to them!

#9 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:54 PM

ACen Bachelorette Story

I met him at ACen. Im a bachelorette and he was part of the IRT. We chatted back and forth on the forums and then when it came to actually meeting him, ill never forget. I was so nervous that day. I ran up to him, told him who I was on the forums and he knew who I was (being on the forums a lot you tend to get a lot of recognition). I was acting like Hinata on Naruto. I was very shy, had my head slightly down and I was twiddling my thumbs. We talked for...only 30 seconds. I really didnt want him to get into trouble because of me so when he was assisting a congoer I was so shy I ran off :lol: Eventually he ran into me again and was very happy to see me. But he accidently talked to my sister XD We look alike despite the fact that were not twins. :lol:

So at the end of the con, I wrote him a note. I wanted to give it to him but he was gone. That really sucked because I was hoping that I would get a chance to know him more. Weeks went into months and I thought "Well I guess he's not interested in me :( " But then when I was on AIM his name popped up and he wanted to talk to me. I was so happy. Were still good friends to this day. Im going to Michigan to meet him in September. He's such a sweet<3 he coming to pick me up from the station and im hoping we really get the chance to know each other more. That was the best 30 seconds ever that day :lol:
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#10 User is offline   ai_no_kaku 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:49 AM

Aaaaaaaaaaw! Excel-San, that is such a beautiful story! *huggles*

And Sakura-San... don't let either you or Joe get discouraged. I truely believe that there is someone out there for everyone. It's just a matter of being patient enough to wait until you find them.

#11 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 12 August 2007 - 01:43 AM

Must....not......be.....pessimistic.................lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#12 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 5659

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:05 PM

I don't have an acen story. Bu-ut I am only with my fiancee because of a bet.

So you could always just bet someone to date him. XD
Acen 2011 cosplays

Hungary: Hetalia
Fairy Tail
One Piece

#13 User is offline   mens_pocky06 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8685

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:35 AM

Hehe nice (XD)
WOAH! New Forums!
@___@ <3

#14 User is offline   mitsy21 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 12929

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:48 PM

hey i remember him from the con also, very cute, i didnt even know something like this existed on forums >.> well i think its sweet but do you have his approval to post this? i mean i know you wanna help him out but at the same time you might wanna do something that both he and you approve of so no one gets mad or anything good luck to your friend though and i agree with another poster that with his cute face he wont have a hard time gettin anyone

#15 User is offline   R1KKu 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 601

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:36 PM

Aww Excel, that is such a cute story =^.^=

*teary-eyed*
I have zombies and I'm not afraid to use them!!

#16 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:36 PM

View Postexcel excel, on Aug 11 2007, 06:54 PM, said:

ACen Bachelorette Story

I met him at ACen. Im a bachelorette and he was part of the IRT. We chatted back and forth on the forums and then when it came to actually meeting him, ill never forget. I was so nervous that day. I ran up to him, told him who I was on the forums and he knew who I was (being on the forums a lot you tend to get a lot of recognition). I was acting like Hinata on Naruto. I was very shy, had my head slightly down and I was twiddling my thumbs. We talked for...only 30 seconds. I really didnt want him to get into trouble because of me so when he was assisting a congoer I was so shy I ran off :lol: Eventually he ran into me again and was very happy to see me. But he accidently talked to my sister XD We look alike despite the fact that were not twins. :lol:

So at the end of the con, I wrote him a note. I wanted to give it to him but he was gone. That really sucked because I was hoping that I would get a chance to know him more. Weeks went into months and I thought "Well I guess he's not interested in me :( " But then when I was on AIM his name popped up and he wanted to talk to me. I was so happy. Were still good friends to this day. Im going to Michigan to meet him in September. He's such a sweet<3 he coming to pick me up from the station and im hoping we really get the chance to know each other more. That was the best 30 seconds ever that day :lol:

Just out of curiosity...What part of MI is he from? I know a fair amount of the Michigan otaku. Just curious if I know who it is.
Armageddicon!!

#17 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:06 PM

Kalamazoo. Their slogan is "Yes, There Really Is a Kalamazoo."
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#18 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:25 PM

View Postexcel excel, on Aug 14 2007, 04:06 PM, said:

Kalamazoo. Their slogan is "Yes, There Really Is a Kalamazoo."

Ah yes, good ol' K-zoo. Its way on the other side of the state from me.
Armageddicon!!

#19 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:29 PM

I would mad if I had a town name like that....lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#20 User is offline   ai_no_kaku 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:11 PM

Kalamazoo... *giggles* Such a great name. Almost as great as "Enkidu". Now THAT is a fun name. Cupcakes for anyone who get's the reference!

#21 User is offline   josephiroth01 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 1691

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:38 PM

View Postai_no_kaku, on Aug 11 2007, 09:26 AM, said:

*giggles* I met him at ACen. He was cosplaying as Ichigo and I was cosplaying Matsumoto. If I remember correctly... my friend who was cosplaying Orihime was there as well! He was really nice. Does he have any idea you're doing this? It's a very sweet thing of you to try to do for your friend though. And I can see why it might be hard for him to come to some of the meet ups in the Chicago Land area... seeing as how he lives in Milwaukee. If he can make it, why not bring him to the Luau I posted about in the "Chit-Chat" section of the forum? Several of my very cute, very sweet, very single friends are going to be there. I'd be happy to indroduce him to them!

umm where in milwaukee? im the guy this is about an im lost about the meetups and such, so any help is totally appreciated

contact me through aim? josephiroth01

#22 User is offline   josephiroth01 

• Pip

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:41 PM

View Postmitsy21, on Aug 13 2007, 10:48 PM, said:

hey i remember him from the con also, very cute, i didnt even know something like this existed on forums >.> well i think its sweet but do you have his approval to post this? i mean i know you wanna help him out but at the same time you might wanna do something that both he and you approve of so no one gets mad or anything good luck to your friend though and i agree with another poster that with his cute face he wont have a hard time gettin anyone

youd be surprized how hard it is to find people. i just moved back up here to milwaukee not that long ago, and i dont know where anyone is or where things happen. she did have my approval for this, so please any help is appreciated :)

#23 User is offline   SakuraLanee 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:55 PM

YAY! Joe makes a post and appearance! <3

Hello good friend!

Yeah, about the meetups, even I am clueless. I hear about them and see people randomly (like at the Mitsuwa festival) but it's not always easy to track them 100%.
My spoon is too big!

#24 User is offline   josephiroth01 

• Pip

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:56 PM

View PostAmunet, on Aug 8 2007, 01:38 AM, said:

Yeah, enjoy the meetups .... *sniff*

Seriously though, tell your friend to get himself out there instead of having you advertise for him ... does not impress the ladies.

i would totally go to the meetups, but since i just got back from college i dont know where anything is.. .im kinda out of the loop hardcore~ any help is appreciated thanks ~ joe

#25 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:33 AM

View PostSakuraLanee, on Sep 5 2007, 09:55 PM, said:

Yeah, about the meetups, even I am clueless. I hear about them and see people randomly (like at the Mitsuwa festival) but it's not always easy to track them 100%.

The meetups are the best way to make great friends! I know I made tons! They can be random meetups or during ACen. They can be anytime, anywhere. You may endup finding your potential mate at the meetups! Great interaction too!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#26 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:24 PM

Yeah, with the meetups just show up and talk! I decided to attend Acen to meet new people and make some new friends since I'd been kind of isolated after a bad ending to a relationship. I met some great people at Acen *hugs Excel Excel* and at several meetups afterward. There's no secret, just show up at the time/place that's decided on and well, many of us anime fans are pretty easy to peg :D Or if Ron's attending the meetup you can always just look for his car! Just pick a meetup, and don't be shy! I know it's a little hard to just start talking to random strangers, but hey I was always little miss shy and I just tell the little shy guy in the back of my head to shut up and I have had such FUN at every meetup I've been to!

Hope to see you at a meetup soon!!! (hint...winter photoshoot will be full of win!!!! :D )
Event Accessibility Services staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Anime Milwaukee 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Karma (Assassination Classroom)
C2E2 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), possibly Ghostbuster (if I have my panel), maybe Neptune (RWBY)
ACen 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), Gou Shijima (Kamen Rider Mach), Karma (Assassination Classroom), Neptune (RWBY)
Definite 2017 cons (no cosplay plans set as of yet): Uchi-con, NWI Comic Con

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My cosplay / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#27 Guest_Dirk_Stabben_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:01 AM

@ thread...
http://s42.photobuck...=Solfailure.gif

#28 User is offline   ai_no_kaku 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:34 AM

View Postjosephiroth01, on Sep 5 2007, 09:38 PM, said:

umm where in milwaukee? im the guy this is about an im lost about the meetups and such, so any help is totally appreciated

contact me through aim? josephiroth01

Sure! No problem Sweety. Look for an aim from "ai no kaku".

#29 User is offline   saja 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18109

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:09 AM

From all the post he seems like a good guy. I love meeting people and what better time than at a CON? I will be there as either Renji or White GL. If I see you I will be sure to give you a glomp.
I happen to be single as well. 24, AA, BA in Education. I teach art to little ones and RPG D&D when I can on weekends. So, pretty much a well rounded geek-girl.
See you then.

#30 User is offline   josephiroth01 

• Pip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:13 PM

im not single im dating bobbie the love of my life so sorry to let you all know that im taken and by a beautiful girl ^__^

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users