Anime Central Forums: Transformers - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Transformers Its More than meets the eye (it didnt suck READ!)

#1 User is offline   KungFuHustle 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4673

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:18 AM

Last night I saw the Transformers movie by director Micheal Bay. Starring Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox. Anyone who knows me knows im a BIG transformers fan from G1. So I am a old school TF fan. When I first heard about the movie thought negative about it. Saw the designs for the characters and my initial reaction was UGH :blink: . Overtime the designs grew on me. Saw the teaser and trailers and i slowly warmed up to it. Well now i have seen the movie and i have had a change of heart to the designs and the film.

Ok for all you haters IT DIDNT SUCK thats happens when you WATCH the movie. I saw it and it was pretty enjoyable. Story was ok, the animation for the transformations were great. A few nods to the old series. Lots of humor and action to boot. Its not perfect its a few rough around the edges here and there. But it was definately worth watching. Autobots were true to there characters. Optimus and Bumblebee were great. Peter Cullen did a fantastic voice acting job. Decepticons were cool too. Megan Fox was pretty hot. It was a pretty much a fun movie. If you like the Transfomers even just a little bit it is enjoyable film. The designs work for the film so people wanting the old ones should calm down and give this a chance. I know they look werid and or crappy as stills but see them in the film and in motion makes it work. However I still say Megatron needed a fusion cannon but cant have it all i guess.

So this movie gets the Hustle's seal approval ;). Plus its recieved some positve reviews. Check it out.

#2 User is offline   Lee vs Gaara 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9411

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:26 AM

I will see it today, and will have a review. Nobody tell me if these criteria are met. I just want it open for when I return from the theater, so you all know what I am looking for.

All I want in a Transformers Movie:

-Massive Landmark Destruction.
-Awesome Special Effects.
-Optimus has to say "Autobots, Transform and Roll out" at least Twice.
-Over the top action, and a total disregard for the laws of physics.
-The Dialog can't be good. As a matter of fact, they have to find an excuse to say "More then meets the eye" or "Robots in disguise"
-Transformers have to talk more then the human characters.
-Shia LaBouf needs to be able to get into high security restricted military outposts with no explaination needed, like a kid in a Gamera flick.
-Really silly ending that leaves open for a sequel that probably shouldn't be made.
Jesus died for our sins. And we repay him by Gaybashing, woman hating, and doing everything we can to hold back scientific progress.
www.myspace.com/half_fish

#3 User is offline   KungFuHustle 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4673

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:33 AM

Just go see it. It does a lot of things right just watch.

#4 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:32 AM

View PostKungFuHustle, on Jul 4 2007, 10:33 AM, said:

Just go see it. It does a lot of things right just watch.

And to top it off... THERE'S A HOT CHICK! and a kick @$$ Chevy Camaro!!! HOW COULD YOT NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!!
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#5 User is offline   Lee vs Gaara 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:25 PM

Transformers-Witless, childish, and two and a half hours too long

When one sees in the opening credits "A Film by Michael Bay" you should take that as a warning. A warning that is to be taken as seriously as any tornado drill or air raid siren you might hear. It's not hard to make a cheesey, fun, effects filled film. It really isn't. It just needs to have thrilling over the top action, a good sense of humor, and characters that are worth rooting for. Michael Bay has failed summer after summer at creating a silly little "popcorn" flick. Why? Who knows. Maybe he just doesn't know how to make movie.

I did not like Transformers for one simple reason: I'm not a twelve year old. I do not find dogs peeing on robots, or robots peeing on people funny in anyway. And yes, I want something more out of an action sequence then CG, guns, and obnoxious shaking camera. And when I want to watch a live action movie, I don't want to see several cartoons running around. If you can't make the Autobots looks like the belong in the film, don't make the film. I had recently had a change of heart when it came to CG. Flicks like "Hellboy" and "The Host" convinced me that they could be used to making convincing giant monsters. It seems the animators at Digital Domain must have forgotten that, because they have never been able to provide convincing effects where lower budgeted movies have succeeded.

So, we have a bad special effects company working with one of Hollywood's worst directors, on a film produced by the most ridiculously overrated producer in Hollywood (Spielberg). This movie was a failure from the moment it was first concieved.

The movie starts with a high point, a four star narration from a voice that is unidentified, but we all know it is Optimus Prime. It sets the town for an action packed sci fi extravaganza. The next scene is a group of soldiers speaking dialog that has been lifted from over a hundred films before this one, making the characters probably as cliche as we could get. Speaking of vague cliches and stereotypes, they have the black comic relief character in this movie! You know, the guy who talks in fake urban slang because that's how white people think black people talk? Any movie with that guy is not worth watching.

Well, this nice little conversation about going home is put to an end after they are attacked by a giant robot in what is the greatest action sequence in the film. It's total destruction, straight out of a Godzilla film. My hope for the movie returned. Boy, it was a let down when the next action sequence was simply soldiers running around, and shooting, while the camera shook wildly (This movie does that alot, thinking that shaking the camera makes things more exciting). During this scene, I was waiting for the the frame to freeze up, and an Army recruiting slogan to come on. And I would realize I was in my front room, watching a commercial, and this movie was all a bad dream.

The action scenes take themselves seriously, and all humor in this film is reduced to PG-13 sexual references, urine jokes, and other childish stupidity. Despite that, there are chances for some really funny stuff in this film. There is a sequence where Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBouf) is being questioned by the police. He claims he saw a giant robot. The police think he is on drugs. While the dialog is meant to be funny, they try to create so much intensity that any chance for wit is lost. There is another scene where he is trying to hide the Autobots from his family that is quite funny, if you ignore the fact that the idea of hiding giant robots is forgotten in favor of masterbatory references.

Not to say crude humor never has a place in movies. If it is well timed, and the joke is an actual joke, not just people giggling at the term "sea men".

Shia LaBouf is the saving grace of this film. He always manages to hit the right notes. In the beginning, he is shy, awkward, somewhat socially inept. And you believe it. You also believe that his character can be like that and still command the loyalty of the military and giant robots respectively. He's a fine young actor who needs to stay away from films like this.

The action moves fast for it's mostly ADD audience, to the point where only a few great moments are able to show through. But they are great moments. The Transformers themselves do not have nearly enough screen time, and it's a shame. The movie usually got better when they were on screen. After all, it's a great movie... But only when Optimus Prime is talking.

**/****

Edit: Just so you know, I do know Lucas Film handled effects. I simply forget to mention that group as being partway responsible for the effects failures. However, they have a better track record then Digital Domain, which is the company that decided to have an animated model of Daredevil for swinging scenes that looked like dog crap.
Jesus died for our sins. And we repay him by Gaybashing, woman hating, and doing everything we can to hold back scientific progress.

#6 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:43 PM

OY VEY! :lol: I havent seen the movie yet but i was mysterioulsy drawn to the thread to see what the take was on it. And now its sorta spoiled :lol: Hey Kung Fu Hustle, maybe you should put a spoiler alert as the title too :lol: Im kidding of course.

I havent seen the movie yet but I will this weekend. I kinda had a feeling it wasnt gonna be like the Transformers I remembered seeing as a kid. It had more sense. But I will see it anyway. Of course its a Bey film so you know his movies are explosions and no story. The animated movie will always be the best in my opinion. Its got that kick butt song "YOU GOT THE TOUCH! YOU GOT THE POWER!" And for a movie back in the day they did have some great voice actors Orson Welles, Robert Stack, Leonard Nimoy. HELL ACTUAL CHARACTERS DIED IN THE MOVIE!

I say just see the original season of the Transformers starting with season one and just follow up from there with the movie (the animated one), and finish watching the rest of the season. Then watch the movie and see for yourself. Some of the cars did resemble the characters with the exception of bumblebee....they royally messed that one up. I know why because they didnt have the licensing rights to Volkswagen. But its just not the same. Hes called that for a reason cuz VWs back in the day were called bugs and bumblebee resembled that.

But I will see this movie anyway just for fun. I know there isnt gonna be a story but what the hell. I need to get out more :lol:
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#7 User is offline   Moogle_21 

• Art and Publications ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2191

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:24 AM

I liked the movie too. It was full of awesomeness.
Senior Manager of Sales
Anime Central 2011 - 2012

#8 User is offline   R1KKu 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 601

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:18 AM

It rocked my socks. The transformations were awesome (not to mention the sound that comes with it) They coulda done without the scantily clad chick though, or at least put some clothes on her. I did not need to see her anorexic stomach and dirty armpit.. EEW!!.. thank you.

I saw this as kinda a marketing tool for GM (and whoever else was in there, if any)
I have zombies and I'm not afraid to use them!!

#9 User is offline   Lee vs Gaara 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:09 PM

View PostR1KKu, on Jul 5 2007, 08:18 AM, said:

It rocked my socks. The transformations were awesome (not to mention the sound that comes with it) They coulda done without the scantily clad chick though, or at least put some clothes on her. I did not need to see her anorexic stomach and dirty armpit.. EEW!!.. thank you.

Oh, that's just your typical Michael Bay Heroine.

You know, the woman who is hot as hell, and they establish she is more then just looks, but that never really comes into play as they continue to depict as merely eye candy? More sexist Hollywood trash. Her sole purpose in the movie was to give men raging hard ons, while adding nothing except the "love interest" producers find necessary. Disgusting and disgraceful.

It's funny, watching her talking about how intelligent he is while the camera is focused on her butt..... Anyone else find this sexist and repulsive?

#10 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:03 PM

View PostLee vs Gaara, on Jul 5 2007, 03:09 PM, said:

Oh, that's just your typical Michael Bay Heroine.
You know, the woman who is hot as hell, and they establish she is more then just looks, but that never really comes into play as they continue to depict as merely eye candy? More sexist Hollywood trash. Her sole purpose in the movie was to give men raging hard ons, while adding nothing except the "love interest" producers find necessary. Disgusting and disgraceful.

It's funny, watching her talking about how intelligent he is while the camera is focused on her butt..... Anyone else find this sexist and repulsive?

Its a Michael Bey film. Nuff said :lol:

Its like "Hey! Just throw a Hot chick in super revealing clothes and focus more on her body parts and less of the plot cuz this movie is gonna be geared towards men." Did he even watch the watch the show :o Oh wait this is Michael Bey were talking about :mellow: Ever since I found out about him directing this movie, I was like that alien Kiff from Futurama every time Zapp Brannigan said someting stupid. he'd let out a huge sigh lol.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#11 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:35 PM

I liked it. First Peter Cullen did an EXCELLENT job. He sounds almost the same to his 20 years ago Optimus. Tho Megatron sounded like Galvatron of the 20 year old transformers. The action was great. Pretty much expected so. Not much in character development either. And i'm not complaining on Meagan Fox's stomach. I refuse to complain on someone's hard work to get fit. It was more 6 pack then 'anerexic' (tho skankish clothing style didn't help) so that's why I defend that. I think this movie will please both fans and nonfans (which I am a huggge fan lol) Everyone should go see. (Thinking on it, everyone complains on who a person is too thin in a movie from what I seen...I remeber myself doing that on Roll Bounce with Wesley Jonathan with his manslut shirts. That was just hard work to get that form. That was before I worked out in high gear. I know how hard it is to get those shapes, alas me never complaining on someone's better form.)
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#12 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7072
  • Location:Mississippi then New Jersey. Might make ACen 2018 :D

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:02 PM

View PostLee vs Gaara, on Jul 4 2007, 03:26 PM, said:

I will see it today, and will have a review. Nobody tell me if these criteria are met. I just want it open for when I return from the theater, so you all know what I am looking for.

All I want in a Transformers Movie:

-Massive Landmark Destruction.
-Awesome Special Effects.
-Optimus has to say "Autobots, Transform and Roll out" at least Twice.
-Over the top action, and a total disregard for the laws of physics.
-The Dialog can't be good. As a matter of fact, they have to find an excuse to say "More then meets the eye" or "Robots in disguise"
-Transformers have to talk more then the human characters.
-Shia LaBouf needs to be able to get into high security restricted military outposts with no explaination needed, like a kid in a Gamera flick.
-Really silly ending that leaves open for a sequel that probably shouldn't be made.

heck, all i want is just one thing: Unicron
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#13 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:14 PM

I have a feeling this is going to degenerate into a geek fight: the "It sucked, Michael Bay has ruined Transformers for me forever" versus the "It was FRIGGIN' AWESOME! BAY RULZ!" Me, I come down in the middle.

Lee more than a few valid points. There was a few times I was watching this and thinking, "Okay, Mike, you're making Transformers. Not Bad Boys 3." The scene where Jon Voight (as badly underused in this flick as he was in Pearl Harbor) and Jerkboy Section Seven Agent are fighting Frenzy in the Hoover Dam was right out of Bad Boys 2, complete with stomach-churning camera work. The "seaman" jokes didn't bother me, because that's exactly the way high schoolers (and college freshmen) act--I know; try talking about Lewis and Clark's dog Seaman without some immature idiot start giggling. The masturbatory references were funny in a way, only because, as Lee said, Shia LeBeouf is a great actor. The pee references--completely unnecessary. I could've gone the rest of my life without seeing Bumblebee take a leak. Optimus Prime saying "Oops, my bad": funny. Bumblebee "lubricating" someone: wrong in so many ways. I also didn't like that he seemed to be cribbing from Independence Day (or as I refer to it, "Macross: Do You Remember Plot?")

Hot chick in movie: she made a good foil for Shia, and did actually help out in the end.
People that needed to die in the movie: Everyone but the Hot Chick ™, Jon Voight, the specforce guys, and the Witwickys. Maybe the head of Section Seven, who reminded me a bit of Motoko Kusanagi's boss. Everyone else should've been Megatron chow.

Lee is spot-on in saying we needed to see more of the Transformers (you know, what the movie is about). I mean, come on--four Autobots and seven Decepticons? Even the cartoon knew that the humans were there basically as occasional plot points and hostages for the Decepticons. True, it did keep the action from getting out of hand and non-fans from losing track of who was who, but hell, I expected a battle scene where I'd be getting whiplash trying to figure out who was who. I guess Bay is saving something for the sequel--and you know there will be one.

The biggest problem with this was that Bay, as usual, was confused whether or not he was making an homage to the 80s many of us (including him) grew up with, or Bad Boys 3, or Black Hawk Down 2. So he tried to do all three, just like he tried to cram as much into Pearl Harbor as possible. Still, hell...it's an action flick about a toy line and a great cartoon. It was worth it all to hear Optimus Prime again, and to see giant robot fighting the way it should be. Put Digital Domain in charge of the Eva film's SFX; just put a director who knows something about human relationships in charge. (i.e. not Michael Bay, and for the love of Freud, not the Wachowski Brothers or George Lucas.)

Just wish we could've seen Megatron slap Starscream around a bit.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Who's up for I Am Legend?"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#14 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:22 PM

Unicron was awesome! Heck best part of the animated move was Galvatron killing off Star Scream :lol:
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#15 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:50 PM

I loved this movie. 5 outta 5 for me. I've always loved transformers. True that the transformers didn't have a lot of screen time, but that didn't disapoint me. I"m just glad that Starscream didn't die in this movie. He's my favorite. I honeslty don't care about the chick in the movie. She could not have been in it or not. Doesn't really matter to me. Hot chicks don't make good movies. God knows their are plenty of bad movies with hot chicks in it.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#16 User is offline   Goddess Astra 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2935

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:28 AM

pffft...newski..just shut up :D kthnx!

i am one of those who LOVED the movie no matter WHAT aspect you throw at me! i couldn't stop geeking out...i was on the edge of my seat the whole time...

so to anyone ELSE who will think the movie sucks.. i stick my tounge out at you and claim that you must have been dropped on your head as a kid because this movie sucking..is like...not possible! XD ha ha ha! XD
OMG OMG OMG SAILOR MOON MANGA AND CODE NAME SAILOR V BEING RELEASED IN SEPTEMBER! O_____O
I may not be the brightest crayon in the box, but at least I am a crayon!
Arts:
http://goddess-astra.deviantart.com/
Bloggings:
http://goddessastra.livejournal.com/ -

Ai to seegi no, seera fuku bishoujo senshi! SEERAAAA MUUUUUN! Tsuki ni kawatte! Oshoiki yo!

#17 User is offline   Lee vs Gaara 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:08 AM

You know, I don't go on a warpath against people who liked this movie. I'm a bit more mature then that.

(28 Weeks Later, on the other hand, if you liked it you should be shot and killed)

#18 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:43 AM

View PostLee vs Gaara, on Jul 6 2007, 09:08 AM, said:

You know, I don't go on a warpath against people who liked this movie. I'm a bit more mature then that.

(28 Weeks Later, on the other hand, if you liked it you should be shot and killed)

Ah crap.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Granted, Dawn of the Dead was better"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#19 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:00 AM

View PostLee vs Gaara, on Jul 6 2007, 04:08 AM, said:

So who's comming to my funral? I enjoyed this movie.
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#20 User is offline   Lee vs Gaara 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:20 AM

Relax, guys, I'm not really going to kill anyone. I'm a wuss, and I don't have the finances to pay for somebody else to do it.

#21 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:33 PM

View Postexcel excel, on Jul 4 2007, 03:43 PM, said:

OY VEY! :lol: I havent seen the movie yet but i was mysterioulsy drawn to the thread to see what the take was on it. And now its sorta spoiled :lol: Hey Kung Fu Hustle, maybe you should put a spoiler alert as the title too :lol: Im kidding of course.

I havent seen the movie yet but I will this weekend. I kinda had a feeling it wasnt gonna be like the Transformers I remembered seeing as a kid. It had more sense. But I will see it anyway. Of course its a Bey film so you know his movies are explosions and no story. The animated movie will always be the best in my opinion. Its got that kick butt song "YOU GOT THE TOUCH! YOU GOT THE POWER!" And for a movie back in the day they did have some great voice actors Orson Welles, Robert Stack, Leonard Nimoy. HELL ACTUAL CHARACTERS DIED IN THE MOVIE!

I say just see the original season of the Transformers starting with season one and just follow up from there with the movie (the animated one), and finish watching the rest of the season. Then watch the movie and see for yourself. Some of the cars did resemble the characters with the exception of bumblebee....they royally messed that one up. I know why because they didnt have the licensing rights to Volkswagen. But its just not the same. Hes called that for a reason cuz VWs back in the day were called bugs and bumblebee resembled that.

But I will see this movie anyway just for fun. I know there isnt gonna be a story but what the hell. I need to get out more :lol:

I saw it today! It was really good! The special effects were something! Especially when they were tearing up the streets! Sucks I was at a regular theater. I wish I could have seen it at an IMAX or something so I can get that full sound going cuz this was the kind of movie for it! It was kick butt awesome! I had to leave after it was over so was there anything special that happens after the end credits? It was fun it was great it was all that! I give it 3.5 rims up dawg! I too was like Astra. I was geeked out by the effects! Just enjoy it!

This is excel excel's review <3
I wish I had a sweet kickass camaro yo!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#22 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7220

Post icon  Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:09 PM

Transformers....was way, way, way more than meets the eye. This was an action packed to the max flick that I so definately liked. I give major props to the maestro Michael Bay for bringing our childhood playthings to the big screen. Also the talent of Shia LaBeouf cannot go unnoticed. He did a great, but comedic job playing a young man caught up in a battle against good and evil...meaning the Autobots and the Decpticons. This will be a must have on my dvd shelf. Can't wait for the sequel.
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2016

Ryuko Matoi "Kill la Kill" Friday and Saturday

#23 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:26 AM

Like most people, I had my doubts but as a fan, it was my duty to go see it. So I went and I wasn't let down. I've only seen like 3 other Michael Bay movies (Bad Boys(2) and Pearl Harbor), but I thought the movie rocked. I enjoyed the action scenes and loved the designs for the Transformers. Shia, as others said, did a wonderful job in that movie. There were only a few things I could've lived without. The Transformers, first of all, should've been shown more, I mean it is their movie. More character development would've been nice too. The movie did teach me one thing though,(I don't know if this could be considered a spoiler or not *shrug*) it doesn't matter if you're human or not, if you are black (or at least your voice), you will die. Like I said though, this movie was awesome. Loved it. I'm interested what's gonna happen in the sequel now. Until then, I'm gonna hope that, if this guy is as bad as people say, he won't screw up Prince of Persia.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#24 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:00 AM

Dude, a bit WHATEV!!! to all the critics out there... TRANSFORMERS WAS SOOOOOOOO AWESOME! IT PWN3D ALL!
=D
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#25 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:07 AM

I enjoyed the movie thoroughly and seeing most of the responses on this thread, I don't see the need to back myself up on this one. :P
Possible Future Cons- Otakon, Anime Expo, Otakon Vegas, YaoiCon

#26 User is offline   Lee vs Gaara 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

View Postsimonsaz3, on Jul 9 2007, 12:00 PM, said:

Dude, a bit WHATEV!!! to all the critics out there... TRANSFORMERS WAS SOOOOOOOO AWESOME! IT PWN3D ALL!
=D

Actually, according to Rotten Tomatoes, the critics (i.e. the Real ones, all of which I am smarter then) are split on this film, with just a few more saying it was good then bad.

So, why make that statement? Did something in the movie make you feel like most people didn't like it? Or perhaps, you didn't like it, but your fanboy brain took over your own rationality, and buried somewhere in the brain the truth: IT WAS A BAD MOVIE!

It's like when the Dungeons and Dragons movie came out, all the fanboys struggled to say "It was good, it was alright" and it took them a while to admit it was a piece of dogshit.

Sorry, I normally don't rage against different opinions (well, on movies anyway), but this guy used the term "PWNED" which means he should not be given the same courtesy one would give other people.

#27 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:42 PM

Well I know it wasn't the best, but it was better then I hoped. There are only a few gripes.
-The decepticons had like about 10 lines in the movie. And that's including the retarded screams of battle for Bonecrusher and 'Devastor' aka Brawl.
-They messed up on Brawl by naming him devastator. It was an admitted mistake that they did.
-Jazz. They made him an urban slang spitting robot. Yes Jazz was about staying with culture but he wasn't a bad black stereotype...<_< Blaster although...(Blaster from the original series)
-Typical Michael Bay 'love' development syndrome. Me and my friend was wondering who was worse, Bay or George Lucas. Movie would have been better without the attempt of love.
-Prime didn't seem like he wanted to protect much other then the allspark......

the good
-Shia was GREAT. I liked him in Holes and I knew he had potential for movies. His jokes and his character development is spot on.
-Peter Cullen is and forever will be Optimus Prime. He did and excellent job.
-so much action!
-Wasn't boring like most movie adaptations from TV or comics.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#28 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:35 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on Jul 9 2007, 01:42 PM, said:

Well I know it wasn't the best, but it was better then I hoped. There are only a few gripes.
-The decepticons had like about 10 lines in the movie. And that's including the retarded screams of battle for Bonecrusher and 'Devastor' aka Brawl.
-They messed up on Brawl by naming him devastator. It was an admitted mistake that they did.
-Jazz. They made him an urban slang spitting robot. Yes Jazz was about staying with culture but he wasn't a bad black stereotype...<_< Blaster although...(Blaster from the original series)
-Typical Michael Bay 'love' development syndrome. Me and my friend was wondering who was worse, Bay or George Lucas. Movie would have been better without the attempt of love.
-Prime didn't seem like he wanted to protect much other then the allspark......

the good
-Shia was GREAT. I liked him in Holes and I knew he had potential for movies. His jokes and his character development is spot on.
-Peter Cullen is and forever will be Optimus Prime. He did and excellent job.
-so much action!
-Wasn't boring like most movie adaptations from TV or comics.

So true man. The best part of the movie was the the effects! The humor was good. Sure its not like the show back in the 80s but I was so enthralled in the action I didnt care about the plot. It was just so kickass fun! And thats what I like about the movie. It was fun to watch and I enjoyed it a lot. My mom liked it too. She was enthralled by the effects too. I may see this again next week. And for those that sat through the credits, what happened at the end? You know what im talkin about ;) Oh and the guy who did the voice of Megatron was the guy who played Agent Smith in the Matrix Trilogies and "Vendetta" in V For Vendetta. I like his voice. I so went into geek mode.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#29 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:42 PM

Hugo Weaving is his name. And nothing much happened. Some 'jokes' from the parents, and more importantly, Starscream was seem flying out towards outer space....hmmmmmmm

that's all that happened excel.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#30 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:47 PM

So nothing after the credits rolled? Dang. I was thinking something will happen. I really wanted to sit through the credits but the ushers were cleaning up at that point so we had to leave :(
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users