• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Badge Pick Up

#1 User is offline   Peacock 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10528

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:42 PM

This is my first time going to acen. i have preredgisterd but i did it after the 14 so they are unable to mail it to me. i was wondering where i can pick up my badge and what would be the earliest/best time to pick up my badge. IE thursday morning 9am what have you. any help or info would be much apreciated.

#2 User is offline   Tiresias79 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 663

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:17 AM

Best time would be Thursday night, that's the first time Reg will probably be open to pick them up, as for a time I don't think they've announced hours of operation yet. Location, Hall A of the Convention Center right next to the Hyatt Regency.
Cosplay for 2008:

Aburai Renji from Bleach 15% done, really only have the shoes made right now (let's hear it for hand-woven Zori)

#3 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 974

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:16 PM

While yes they haven't annouced an offical time for the pre-reg pick up, but last few years it has typically "opened" between 7-8 pm. Now the line starts forming at about 4-5, although there are some that go way earlier (like me at probably around 2 :D). If you don't show up until 6 be prepared to be in line a LONG time, at least another couple hours. Although it does move fast, just make sure you have everything on you since that makes the line move way faster (ID, confirmation letter,payment (if you didn't pay)).
~Ri-chan
ACen 2013-2014: Customer Service

2013 Cosplay: Team Aqua Grunt (100%), Fluttershy Sweet Lolita (95%)

#4 User is offline   arstal 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10103

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:41 AM

What about Friday Morning? I've heard the line opens at 9am, planning to get there by that time.

#5 User is offline   maskalade 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9432

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:43 PM

would Friday afternoon be alright? (won't be in country till 1PM)
I'm prepared to wait and all that great stuff. XD
Q. Who're SPIRAL SPIDERS?
A: A six-man band fronted by Gravitation OP singer Yosuke Sakanoue
http://www.myspace.com/spaspa

Q.Who's Yosuke Sakanoue?
A: a 26 year old who hates his ex-boss and writes songs about ANARCHYYYY IN ZA TOKYOOOO CITTYYYY
http://sakkan.livejournal.com

#6 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:09 PM

You'll be in line a LONG time Friday afternoon but if that is when you arrive that is what you have to deal with.
~Ri-chan

#7 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:29 PM

the Line might not be as bad as you think.

Between the mailed badges(more are going out everyday, don't freck out if you have not gotten it yet) and the express registration which helped a lot last year, I think the lines of 3 hour waits might be a thing to look back on as in the past.

We keep trying to make it better, and faster. If you can express reg, which means you enter all your info early, and get a confrimatin number, but pay at the door, it goes a lot faster.

We can only do our best- now everyone start praying to the reg gods that the reg system does not crash!!!!
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#8 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:21 PM

Hehe I know I am praying that the comps cooperate this year. The lines are still going to be long, you have to admit that, the con is just growing so fast every year there is always going to be a line. Although it probably won't be as bad as 2004, that was the worse year in my opinion but I didn't care (mom did cause she had to wait with us and she didn't like that ^^; )
~Ri-chan

#9 User is offline   Nanami Sakura 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10260

Post icon  Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:56 AM

I'm trying not to freak, this is my first con and I'm super excited. I just want to know when my badge is coming in the mail, and what time on Thursday the b/f and I need to be at the front door to get all our stuff, or do we not have to deal w/that because it's all already done...I'm so confused. Someone please give me guidance before I lose my mind... :huh:
If you wear the plastic smile long enough, it will fade and crack. Every once in a while, you need a real one. The problem comes with finding a reason to wear the real one in the first place. If you wait too long, you'll forget what a real one feels like, what a real one looks like. If that happens, when the plastic one breaks, all H3LL will break loose.

jluve82.blogspot.com

#10 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9402

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:20 PM

View PostNanami Sakura, on Apr 27 2007, 12:56 PM, said:

I'm trying not to freak, this is my first con and I'm super excited. I just want to know when my badge is coming in the mail, and what time on Thursday the b/f and I need to be at the front door to get all our stuff, or do we not have to deal w/that because it's all already done...I'm so confused. Someone please give me guidance before I lose my mind... :huh:

If you got your mail-in badge, then you don't have to worry about going to any lines on Thursday.

The Thursday pre-reg lines are only for those individuals who did apply for Pre-Registration but did not go for the Mail-In option.

If you do get your mail-in badge, then all you have to do (I believe) is just be at Acen. ^_^

Also, if you do get your mail-in badge, post saying you did ^^; We'd really like to know.
Uh, hi!

Send me a pm if there's anything I could probably help with that is within reason of my current position and knowledge(con-goer).

Hope to meet some of you!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

"Sprinkle, sprinkle, little bar, what I wonder is a cat"
"I...FOUND...A...CARROT!!!"
"Can I have some fishy crackers?"

#11 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:35 PM

I think she's asking about getting the programming book and such.
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#12 User is offline   Nanami Sakura 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10260

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:42 PM

View Postfrzndaqiri, on Apr 27 2007, 01:35 PM, said:

I think she's asking about getting the programming book and such.

Yeah, I mean the book and all the other fun stuff (if there is other fun stuff?). I'm still waiting on the badge, but I know *big sigh* it's going to take a while. I'm not freaking yet. I'm just going to be checking the mail everyday for the next 2 weeks. Thanks for the heads up, though. If all I have to do on Thursday night or Friday morning is show up, I'll be elated. I'm leaving Peoria @ 12:30 on Thursday'cause I couldn't get off work earlier than that. The less I have to figure out when I get there, the better. ^_^
If you wear the plastic smile long enough, it will fade and crack. Every once in a while, you need a real one. The problem comes with finding a reason to wear the real one in the first place. If you wait too long, you'll forget what a real one feels like, what a real one looks like. If that happens, when the plastic one breaks, all H3LL will break loose.

jluve82.blogspot.com

#13 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9402

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:45 PM

View PostNanami Sakura, on Apr 27 2007, 01:42 PM, said:

Yeah, I mean the book and all the other fun stuff (if there is other fun stuff?). I'm still waiting on the badge, but I know *big sigh* it's going to take a while. I'm not freaking yet. I'm just going to be checking the mail everyday for the next 2 weeks. Thanks for the heads up, though. If all I have to do on Thursday night or Friday morning is show up, I'll be elated. I'm leaving Peoria @ 12:30 on Thursday'cause I couldn't get off work earlier than that. The less I have to figure out when I get there, the better. ^_^

Yeah, I was wondering about that - when it occurred to me that since I opted for the Mail-in badge. And I'm getting my badge thru the mail instead of waiting in line...

And last year, when I waited in line to get my badge, i got my programming book ...

How do I get my programming book now?

..Unless, they intend to mail it with the badge?

That's the only conclusion I could come up with.
Uh, hi!

Send me a pm if there's anything I could probably help with that is within reason of my current position and knowledge(con-goer).

Hope to meet some of you!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

"Sprinkle, sprinkle, little bar, what I wonder is a cat"
"I...FOUND...A...CARROT!!!"
"Can I have some fishy crackers?"

#14 User is offline   Tiresias79 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 663

Posted 27 April 2007 - 03:13 PM

There's a post in another thread here somewhere that states that the goodie bags will be available at Reg for those who opted to have their badges mailed out.
Cosplay for 2008:

Aburai Renji from Bleach 15% done, really only have the shoes made right now (let's hear it for hand-woven Zori)

#15 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 28 April 2007 - 04:52 PM

you are correct
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users