Anime Central Forums: If You Have Not Gotten A Reg Confirmation Or Completion Yet, Read Here Before You Post A New Thread.... - Anime Central Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

If You Have Not Gotten A Reg Confirmation Or Completion Yet, Read Here Before You Post A New Thread....

#181 User is offline   komiko 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 10935

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:49 PM

hello! this is my first message on here. it's also my first acen. :) however, i just got off grounding from the internet and i found out i missed the registration cutoff. :huh: i don't know what to do. if possible, could you save a spot for me? what should i do? can i not go now? help me!!!!!.............please. my name is kari and my email is kberry369@comcast.net

komiko :blink:

#182 User is offline   whimsy_chan 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 3321

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:49 PM

View Postkomiko, on May 6 2007, 05:49 PM, said:

hello! this is my first message on here. it's also my first acen. :) however, i just got off grounding from the internet and i found out i missed the registration cutoff. :huh: i don't know what to do. if possible, could you save a spot for me? what should i do? can i not go now? help me!!!!!.............please. my name is kari and my email is kberry369@comcast.net

komiko :blink:

You can always register at the door. Here.

#183 User is offline   CapsuleCorp 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9343

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:55 PM

All right, apparently it takes getting angry and getting loud to get results.

After repeated postings here, GrammatonCleric PM'd me to let me know that my registration has fallen through the cracks. My check has been cashed, but my information is not in your system. I PM'd him a WEEK ago with the information he needed to add me, and I have not heard back from him since, nor have I received confirmation that I have been registered.

I preregged back in FEBRUARY so as not to have to go through the fiasco of registering at the door, nor paying the extra. My check was cashed, and once my bank takes a couple of days to find the record, they will fax me a copy of it to prove it. So, ACEN has my money. I do not have any guarantee that I'm getting a badge for that money. I demand satisfaction NOW, or I will do the only thing I can do right now from so far away: post the details of this massive failure publicly, repeatedly, and PM every staff member in the database until someone does something to fix my registration.

I will not be registering at the door.

I will not settle for yelling at some flunky at the door who has to call a higher-up to handle it.

I will NOT come back Friday morning and have my info entered as if I was registering at the con.

I WILL NOT tolerate the complete incompetence of the entire system for a minute longer! The con is five days away. Someone has more than dropped the ball in my case. I feel as though I have been ignored and shoveled under the rug, repeatedly, even if it's just because everyone is so busy that one PM here and there can get forgotten. Well, that's no excuse anymore. You're running a con. Run it, already.

Ilia, I appreciate you comign in and trying to pick up the slack, but you are obviously too busy to take on any more. Please give me the name of someone who can pick up where Beryl left off and get me properly registered - with a confirmation emailed to me - within 24 hours. I don't want to have to get rude. I'm just royally angry and believe me, you do not want me showing up at the con angry. I'm told I'm very scary when I'm angry, and I don't want to have to be angry in public. I just want my registration, already.

The check was cashed March 07, the same day as other people's who've already had their reg problems straightened out. Why my information was lost, I don't know, but I don't care. I just want it entered, now, so I know I will have a badge when I show up Thursday night. Or else, heads are going to roll.
www.strangelandcostumes.com

#184 User is offline   TattooAnnie 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10941

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:43 PM

hi, I'm also having problems with registration...I mailed the forms for myself and my boyfriend, along with a check for $60 back in October. My boyfriend got his confirmation email about 2 weeks ago, but I still haven't...I'm very concerned because there's just a couple days to go! My name is Anne Waala and my email is ta2annie@hotmail.com. My boyfriend's name is Michael Tredupp if that helps to look anything up...PLEASE someone tell me what's going on!!!

#185 User is offline   lonym82 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10944

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:23 PM

Hello!

Roxane Myers

rockymokui@yahoo.com

I sent in my check early April. I didn't include an email address on my request form. I also asked for the 'mail you your badge' promotion.

Thanks for doing this.

~Roxane

#186 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3428

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:49 AM

CapsuleCorp... once you get that check information get it to me. As long as your bank gets it to you by wed (and should not take too long for a routine request such as that) I will immediately fix it. I may be busy but the fact is I feel it is necessary to fix some of the wrongs to the best of my ability. I just wish I could do more. If you look next to my name or at my sig, I am kinda sorta on loan from a very different department.

However I do agree that it is unacceptable that your pm's have not been addressed at this point in time. I would be quite upset as well. It is not professional and is poor buisness practices on our part. Unfortunately though at the moment I am pretty much the only person fielding anything in reg (at least to the best of my knowledge) because we simply don't have the right people on the forums at this time. We know it is a problem, I am annoyed by it as much as everyone else but I unfortunately cannot physically drag someone here to handle this.

Trust me, I am going to need a few drinks after getting through all of these. Any donations will be appreciated and can be sent directly to panel ops. j/k

But please I simply ask that you be respectful. This is not something that all staff have a part in. Be upset at the actions, but realize that most of us haven't done anything to derserve being yelled at. Trust me, I can only speak for myself but I've been a fan for well over a decade and do this for the fans. This is my 7th year with acen, and no I am not really that old in any way shape or form. I want to make sure you are taken care of, but I prefer you not peg every staff member into the same hole. We vary quite a bit from person to person just like within any organization.

I just gotta get to Monday 6pm or so. Then I just have to study for finals and can take the time to address the several people waiting on a reply via pm and the recent posters on this thread.
Lynn Hunt
Anime Central 2010 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison and Acquisitions
Anime Central 2009 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison, ADH Guest Relations Operations
Anime Central 2004-2008 Panel Programming Assistant Department Head

#187 User is offline   DrewNasty 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9949

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:36 AM

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 7 2007, 02:49 AM, said:

CapsuleCorp... once you get that check information get it to me. As long as your bank gets it to you by wed (and should not take too long for a routine request such as that) I will immediately fix it. I may be busy but the fact is I feel it is necessary to fix some of the wrongs to the best of my ability. I just wish I could do more. If you look next to my name or at my sig, I am kinda sorta on loan from a very different department.

However I do agree that it is unacceptable that your pm's have not been addressed at this point in time. I would be quite upset as well. It is not professional and is poor buisness practices on our part. Unfortunately though at the moment I am pretty much the only person fielding anything in reg (at least to the best of my knowledge) because we simply don't have the right people on the forums at this time. We know it is a problem, I am annoyed by it as much as everyone else but I unfortunately cannot physically drag someone here to handle this.

Trust me, I am going to need a few drinks after getting through all of these. Any donations will be appreciated and can be sent directly to panel ops. j/k

But please I simply ask that you be respectful. This is not something that all staff have a part in. Be upset at the actions, but realize that most of us haven't done anything to derserve being yelled at. Trust me, I can only speak for myself but I've been a fan for well over a decade and do this for the fans. This is my 7th year with acen, and no I am not really that old in any way shape or form. I want to make sure you are taken care of, but I prefer you not peg every staff member into the same hole. We vary quite a bit from person to person just like within any organization.

I just gotta get to Monday 6pm or so. Then I just have to study for finals and can take the time to address the several people waiting on a reply via pm and the recent posters on this thread.

So do you think you can address my situation with the pictures that I corrected and resent to you days ago?

#188 User is offline   catnip23 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 10948

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:35 AM

***DELETED***

#189 User is offline   Hideki 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6365

Post icon  Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:40 AM

I sent in my check back on January 17th. I have a canceled check but no confirmation. Name: Scott. Email: sjohnson123@charter.net

Thank you.

NOTE: (as of Monday, May 7th) I received my badge in the mail! Thank you very much!!

#190 User is offline   Riffy 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8903

Post icon  Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:24 AM

View PostGrammatonCleric, on May 4 2007, 01:16 AM, said:

Send me all of the names you paid for. If you paid for it we'll work something out, especially if you overnighted it.

Okay sorry for the late reply.

I paid for myself jason devine
Alicia hanby
And tiffany bledsoe (who's email I got, thanks)

I also wanted to ask if I can pick up there badges since there flight changed to land at 5pm, I can get copies of ids if need be?

I feel kinda stupid for paying the overnight fee to find out I missed the date but oh well.

#191 User is offline   Sweater 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10679

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:09 AM

I mailed in my registration in February and haven't gotten anything. I know the credit card was charged though.

My E-mail is esteinworth@gmail.com
Name: Elizabeth Steinworth

Thank you so much!

#192 User is offline   jrbestler 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 10946

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:06 AM

Jessica R Bestler
Original email - jessica85r@yahoo.com
Current Email - jrbestler@gmail.com

I paid for my Acen badge at The Reactor back in October; I'm not sure if that effects anything.

I'm also on a panel and have not heard if my badge is comped.
The hordes of hades all need to ship their dorm rooms home. Right now.
The leviathian has a job that will take 12 hours to run, but they need it in 2.
The four horsemen want to know why my store isn't open 24 hours.

My day's great. How's yours?

#193 User is offline   CapsuleCorp 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9343

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:11 PM

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 7 2007, 01:49 AM, said:

However I do agree that it is unacceptable that your pm's have not been addressed at this point in time. I would be quite upset as well. It is not professional and is poor buisness practices on our part. Unfortunately though at the moment I am pretty much the only person fielding anything in reg (at least to the best of my knowledge) because we simply don't have the right people on the forums at this time.

I do feel very bad for you, Illia. No one from another department should have to be the sole person fixing all of registration's mistakes. Please don't take my anger as being directed at you, it isn't - I am angry at the Registration department and everyone involved in the transaction. But even if the reg heads aren't on the forums, it shouldn't matter - you should be able to contact them, via email or phone, with the missing registrations and get it squared away, shouldn't you? There are several Madison people missing their badges - I notice Scott, who posted below, also has not received confirmation on his either. One or two badges falling between the cracks happens every year, but this is an epidemic, it's outrageous, and it's doubly outrageous to ask us to put up with it any longer.

I am not a mean person, but the way this entire department has been handled, especially in my personal case, is making it impossible for me to be nice and polite for a minute longer. So, I'm not going to blow a brain cell trying. I want my badge fixed, now.

What "check information" am I supposed to get to you? Beryl asked for my registration information, and I will not have access to my canceled check history until tomorrow online - I will not have a paper copy until Wednesday, so I'm pretty sure I can't mail or fax you that copy. What exactly am I supposed to give to you?

For your sake, please pass this to someone who isn't swamped with personal as well as con business. I don't want to rant at you when you've not been part of the problem so far. I have heard it said around the boards that any staff member is available to be PM'd and asked to help with reg, so if that is true, please point me to someone who has a few extra minutes of time to fix my stupid registration.
www.strangelandcostumes.com

#194 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:06 PM

im posting once agian in hope of my Registration number
comeing up
i do not want to pay for another badge and have to stand in that long line
please
do what you can

name Chris Farabaugh
badge name Millions_Knives
email coretide@yahoo.com

if you could tell me
what is going to happon to all the people who paid and their info is lost
i hope there is still something that can be done

~sigh~
~trying to remain calm~
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#195 User is offline   Wing Godess 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 98

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:11 PM

Our groups registration went from complete to on hold and now for some reason we are back to submitted. My check has been cashed. So I don't know what happened or why our status changed. MY name is Heather Reusz e-mail htreusz@noctrl.edu
I tried to PM some people earlier, but for some reason, the forums are not allowing me to send PMs so if this could be handled throuhg e-mail, that would be awesome. Thank you, in advance, for your help.
Rocking A-cen since 2000 so maybe I should actually cosplay for '09...
I am the 2008 A-cen Idol <3

#196 User is offline   Coinky 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10974

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:24 PM

I didn't recieved my confirmation number because I think I probably put my e-mail wrong and I already paid for my badge back in March... and since I haven't recieved my badge in the mail I'm kinda worried because I don't have the confirmation number, so here's my e-mail, my name and Badge name.

conker112286@yahoo.com

Miguel Leon

Dark Angel

Thank you, I hope someone helps me with this.

#197 User is offline   Advisorman 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10894

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:24 PM

I have yet to receive any confirmation or my badge. If you could mail a confirmation to me at least that would be much appreciated.

Name: Brett Wagner
Badge Name: Advisorman
E-mail: greatzaku@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Posting this again in hopes of a reply of some type, as the email I sent has been replied to as well.

#198 User is offline   Iggyness 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10705

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:04 PM

I'm sorry for posting again. Its just that I'm getting a little scared. ACen is in 4-5 days and I have not yet received confirmation.
My friends have already received their badges, so yeah, getting a little scared. >.<

I got a reply on my first post in this forum, telling me to email a scanned copy of the cashed check. My mom did, seeing as she was the one to pay for my trip. Apparently, she got an email saying that I would get confirmation in a day or two. This was about a week ago.

I have checked my registration status everyday and it still says "SUBMITTED." I am just a little worried that I will have to wait in line to get in when I paid ahead of time to skip that.

Here is my registration info:
Name - Megan Ilavsky
Badge Name - Iggyness or Iggy (I don't remember which exactly)
Email - iggyness@gmail.com

Thanks again.

#199 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:19 PM

Alright I am going to work my way up the list to the best of my ability. Look for edits as I add on whoever has been helped.

Iggyness- confrimation info is sent

Advisorman- you're not in the system, sent pm requesting more info to get you taken care of

Coinky- You're good, your reg confirmation is in the PM box

Wing Godess- System says you are good to go. Sent you an email in case you have any other questions.

Knives- Sorry you weren't forgotten, just school kicked me in the pants and hard. I have your friend but not you so I sent you what I am going to need to proceed at this time. Hope that helps you.

J Bestler- You're good to go on the confirmation number. On panelist stuff speak to myself or Sam at the con and we will look up what the status is on things. I simply want to take care of the more urgent issues first and will be able to help you better in person

Sweater- Got your confirmation number to you in PM. You are good to go.

Runrouni- Your confirmation is sent to PM box and everything looks fine on your end.

Yoda2nd- Unfortunately I am going to have to see you at con to see if I can help you out. PMed you with the details of what to bring with you.

Soy Sauce- Your information is in the PM mailbox.

Drew Nasty- You're taken care of now. And sorry it took a few days but as I mentioned before school is more important.

lonym82- I sent a pm requestion additonal information to get you added to the system

Catnip23- Your husband's confirmation code is sent. Keep it in a safe place for him eh? ;)

TattooAnnie- You have your confirmation code now. Looks liek you perhaps used an old email address and that was why you never got a confirmation.

youngamer- your party's information is sent. I wish I had more information for you on how reg does things but I rahter say I cannot than give false information.

tonyx35- I sent you a pm on what information I would need in order to fix your registration status before the convention.

PepeluTivursky- Requesting payment information to be sent to me. Once you do that then I can get you adjusted in the system.
Lynn Hunt
Anime Central 2009 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison, ADH Guest Relations Operations

#200 User is offline   Wing Godess 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 98

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:29 PM

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!! Illia Sadri, you are awesome!!
Rocking A-cen since 2000 so maybe I should actually cosplay for '09...
I am the 2008 A-cen Idol <3

#201 User is offline   yoda2nd 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 227

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:29 PM

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 7 2007, 06:19 PM, said:

Alright I am going to work my way up the list to the best of my ability. Look for edits as I add on whoever has been helped.

Yoda2nd- Unfortunately I am going to have to see you at con to see if I can help you out. PMed you with the details of what to bring with you.

Thanks for your help. We greatly appreciate the effort, especially since this is not even your department.

#202 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:00 PM

Thank you Illia Sardi For you work.
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#203 User is offline   TattooAnnie 

• Pip

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:39 PM

View PostTattooAnnie, on May 6 2007, 10:43 PM, said:

hi, I'm also having problems with registration...I mailed the forms for myself and my boyfriend, along with a check for $60 back in October. My boyfriend got his confirmation email about 2 weeks ago, but I still haven't...I'm very concerned because there's just a couple days to go! My name is Anne Waala and my email is ta2annie@hotmail.com. My boyfriend's name is Michael Tredupp if that helps to look anything up...PLEASE someone tell me what's going on!!!

I should also add that we had the coupon/card from Reactor and we DID NOT ask for our badges to be mailed...I don't mind picking them up Frideay, I just want to make sure a badge will be there for me, because I can't afford to pay a second time...

#204 User is offline   DrewNasty 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

I dare you to do me next. I dare you.

#205 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:25 AM

Drew.... be nice. You're done. I said it would take a few days. I tend to not lie about things. The whole 5 paper issue came up. And the project due on wed will eat up the rest of my time. I know you're angry but being impatient with me is not going to make things any easier on either of us.

By the way.... I think I got everyone with an outstanding request. If you did not receive a reply or need additional help/are one of the people I need additional information for, by all means let me know.

And with that i am going to get some much needed sleep. I have slept 4 hours in the last two days.

And if you guys need something to do petition for acen to supply me alcohol at the con ;) I am so going to need it.
Lynn Hunt

#206 User is offline   DrewNasty 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:38 AM

<3

#207 User is offline   RaDragon76 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5441

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:30 AM

Illia- Not to be a stick in the mud but isn't there a way for you to get a record of CapsuleCorp's bank transaction through the bank that ACen's money goes through? I'm assuming here that ACen has an account with at a bank in order for them to cash people's checks so just as we all have records of the transactions at our banks ACen should have the same. It shouldn't that difficult to get the information from your end. That way you could go ahead and put her in the system.

#208 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:36 AM

View PostRaDragon76, on May 8 2007, 02:30 PM, said:

Illia- Not to be a stick in the mud but isn't there a way for you to get a record of CapsuleCorp's bank transaction through the bank that ACen's money goes through? I'm assuming here that ACen has an account with at a bank in order for them to cash people's checks so just as we all have records of the transactions at our banks ACen should have the same. It shouldn't that difficult to get the information from your end. That way you could go ahead and put her in the system.

Unfortunately I do not have that information. That is why if something is missing I need the attendee to send it. Money issues are handled by a select few in the con and rightfully so. Also the fact that I am in Wi, not IL and would take forever to do anything does not help.
Lynn Hunt

#209 User is offline   Doctor Gonzo 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9984

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:31 AM

Email: intothewired@gmail.com
Badge Name: Gonzo Journalist
Payment Type: Credit Card

If I can get some word as to whether or not my registration is actually in, I'd like that. I don't believe I ever received confirmation (if I did, I apologize). Money has been out of my account for awhile, I need to know if I'm in the system anywhere. If not, I'll be bringing a bank statement with me, and we can discuss what to do from there.

#210 User is offline   TattooAnnie 

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:23 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Illia!!!! You just totally made my day!!! *hugs*

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users