• This topic is locked

Youmacon

#31 User is offline   Save The Queen 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6624

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:50 AM

Team Hentai won both games, didn't they? There's a bunch of videos of Live Action Mario Party on youtube. Search for youmacon, and they're all labeled on Saturday. You can hear Team Hentai being really loud. The videos are of Jpop shuffle, Furry Finder, the Balloon Race, and Pudgy Otaku.

Unfortunately, there are no videos from Mario Party: After Dark. All I remember is it being 4 in the morning and we were throwing greased up water weenies accross the ballroom and dancing to MMMBop. That was one of the more bizarre moments of my life.

I've got a new cosplay for Youma this year too.

#32 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2865

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:42 AM

Don't forget the corn and bagels too! lol. X3

<3 Hotaru-chan
My Facebook My deivantArt
Cosplay:
2007- Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North), SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Youmacon), Konan (Youmacon)
2008- SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, Otakon, Youamcon), Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Otakon, Youmacon), Konan (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Otakon)
2009- SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, Anime North), Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Youmacon), Matsumoto (ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Youmacon), Raver!Tsunade (ACen, Anime North), Nathan Explosion (Ohayocon), Santa!Tsuande (Ohayocon)
2010- Matsumoto (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, Youmacon), Santa!Tsunade (Ohayocon), Nathan Explosion (Ohayocon), Adiane (ACen, Anime North, JaFax) Tsunade (ACen, Anime North, JaFax, ConBravo!, Youmacon)
2011: Matsumoto (Ohayocon), Adiane (Ohayocon)

#33 User is offline   Nuriko 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5391

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:10 PM

Aawww man, see?! I knew it, I miss all the fun!! XD I wanna throw food too!

#34 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 72

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:25 AM

View PostSave The Queen, on Apr 27 2007, 01:50 AM, said:

Team Hentai won both games, didn't they? There's a bunch of videos of Live Action Mario Party on youtube. Search for youmacon, and they're all labeled on Saturday. You can hear Team Hentai being really loud. The videos are of Jpop shuffle, Furry Finder, the Balloon Race, and Pudgy Otaku.

Nuff said....
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=70...AD5C&page=3

Unfortunately, there are no videos from Mario Party: After Dark. All I remember is it being 4 in the morning and we were throwing greased up water weenies accross the ballroom and dancing to MMMBop. That was one of the more bizarre moments of my life.

Here's the reason why..... I was too freaking sleepy to record that event.... -.-
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#35 User is offline   kitsune-Skie 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 10663

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:15 AM

I was at the last youma, it kicked butt, Soul with his L33t dance moves with raptor jesus:P

Magical Girl FTW
Some say I am God.

Posted Image

#36 User is offline   raptor-Jesus 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10629

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:18 AM

View Postkitsune-Skie, on Apr 28 2007, 08:15 AM, said:

I was at the last youma, it kicked butt, Soul with his L33t dance moves with raptor jesus:P

Magical Girl FTW

and the very same raptor jesus will be at acen this year

#37 User is offline   Sexy Kankurou 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 10194

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:10 PM

View Postraptor-Jesus, on Apr 30 2007, 11:18 AM, said:

Yay!! (I was the one who had a little fangirl moment over you in the regestration line)

Animosity Cosplay - We're only doing this because we hate you.
Animosity's Skits
Hetalia Tik Tok (This is also me)

#38 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:16 AM

Ok im sold! I am so going there!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#39 User is offline   raptor-Jesus 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:23 AM

yea youmacon is f-ing awsome

#40 User is offline   Shadow Queen 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9628

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:35 AM

Curse my being an old fart!!! I would have loved to have seen this; but I was asleep by 11:00!!!
Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools
. ~haiku, Bowser, Mario RPG

#41 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:49 PM

View PostShadow Queen, on May 1 2007, 12:35 PM, said:

Curse my being an old fart!!! I would have loved to have seen this; but I was asleep by 11:00!!!

asleep by 11 at a con? Oh you meant 11am......right?...
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#42 User is offline   Shiba Kaien 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10216

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:12 PM

Considering she referred to herself as an old fart, I'd have to say she means 11pm. I ended up going to my room about 2am, and on saturday at 11:30 to watch soundless Bleach (eh, either the hotel's TV was having problems, or CN was having problems) , but the sound was back for Samurai Champloo and the other anime.

I'll be back for 07, and many more Youmacons, since I've been going since the begining in 2005.
*While Kaien is reading the Viz script to the translated Bleach volume 16, he discovers something very wrong.*
"FRIEND FOR LIFE?! Why would I use such a stupid line?!"

#43 User is offline   SqrlWthANife 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9549

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:40 PM

Youma was my first "big con". The first one I went to was JAFAX which is a free con at GVSU. But anyways.

Most everyone I think knew who I was at Youma. Just think back to the Wolfwood with the massive 50lb cross. I still wonder how I survived through that con.

#44 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:54 PM

I heard all about the fun times at Youmacon last year and I decided, "I wanna go!" so I'm planning on going this year with some friends. :)

...two cons in one year. A new record for me. But so totally fun!
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2016 ACen:|Koro Sensei--Assassination Classroom/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||East Kai-Dragonball Z/0% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#45 User is offline   Shadow Queen 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9628

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:44 PM

View PostShiba Kaien, on May 1 2007, 05:12 PM, said:

Considering she referred to herself as an old fart, I'd have to say she means 11pm.

True dat! Kids wear a body out! So when my little one was ready to turn in at around 10:30, (she NEVER gets to stay up so late; it was quite a treat for her!) I put her to bed and lay down next to her to get her to sleep. My hubby had planned to stay with her so I could go back out, but...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

I jacked up my wig, too!!! Those things aren't meant to be slept in! Darn it!!!
Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools
. ~haiku, Bowser, Mario RPG

#46 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:19 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on May 1 2007, 10:54 PM, said:

...two cons in one year. A new record for me. But so totally fun!

Girl you are missing out! I do like 6 a year with 2 of them being in the top 5 biggest cons in NA!! (ACen and Anime North which are 2 weeks apart!!) Horrah for living in MI where that actually IS possible! X3

<3 Hotaru-chan
Cosplay:
2007- Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North), SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Youmacon), Konan (Youmacon)
2008- SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, Otakon, Youamcon), Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Otakon, Youmacon), Konan (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Otakon)
2009- SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, Anime North), Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Youmacon), Matsumoto (ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Youmacon), Raver!Tsunade (ACen, Anime North), Nathan Explosion (Ohayocon), Santa!Tsuande (Ohayocon)
2010- Matsumoto (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, Youmacon), Santa!Tsunade (Ohayocon), Nathan Explosion (Ohayocon), Adiane (ACen, Anime North, JaFax) Tsunade (ACen, Anime North, JaFax, ConBravo!, Youmacon)

#47 User is offline   The-Real-Link 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 7736

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:32 AM

View Postraptor-Jesus, on Apr 30 2007, 03:18 PM, said:

That Raptor Jesus "shot" me in AA last year. I could not defeat that foul Dodongo spinoff creature!

#48 User is offline   Shiba Kaien 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10216

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:42 PM

View PostHotaruTenshi, on May 1 2007, 06:19 PM, said:

Girl you are missing out! I do like 6 a year with 2 of them being in the top 5 biggest cons in NA!! (ACen and Anime North which are 2 weeks apart!!) Horrah for living in MI where that actually IS possible! X3

<3 Hotaru-chan

Why do I get the feeling that you'll be dragging me to each and every one of them?
*While Kaien is reading the Viz script to the translated Bleach volume 16, he discovers something very wrong.*
"FRIEND FOR LIFE?! Why would I use such a stupid line?!"

#49 User is offline   ngsilver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 2476

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:28 PM

View PostHotaruTenshi, on May 1 2007, 07:19 PM, said:

<3 Hotaru-chan

meh, what about 8+ cons a year? Like I do?

But yeah, I'm not just saying it because I've staffed the con every year. Youmacon is a blast. Stop by their booth in the Dealers room at acen. I hear they plan on doing some fun stuff. Then I'll be running some late night events in the AMV room this year, so check it out. It's kind of a little bit of a preview into what kind of fun you can see at Youmacon ^^
-Nate
AMV ADH/Secretary - ACEN 2011, 2010, 2009
AMV Staff - ACEN 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005

Music Video Contest Coordinator - Video/Audio Track(VAT) DH - Youmacon 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005

The AMV Wars - Chairman - Lead MC
This Week in AMVs

#50 User is offline   hathor_sg1x 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8873

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:33 AM

Youmacon is well worth the money and time to go. The people are great you meet, some bad eggs but always good eggs are in the package.

Youma will be my last convention to end 07 with, and as always it does so with a bang bringing with it a good end and wrap up of the year and me looking forward to my 08 attending list.

I have high hopes for this Youmacon and cannot wait for another exciteing 3 days of fun, laughs, yaoi, hentai, yuri, and all out maddness that comes with the convention package.

#51 User is offline   raptor-Jesus 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:49 AM

View PostThe-Real-Link, on May 2 2007, 04:32 AM, said:

That Raptor Jesus "shot" me in AA last year. I could not defeat that foul Dodongo spinoff creature!

perhaps a rematch is in order

#52 User is offline   Takkun2021 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6692

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:44 AM

View Postraptor-Jesus, on May 3 2007, 01:49 AM, said:

perhaps a rematch is in order

As the legal representative of the Raptor Jesus, I support the call for re-engaging in battle.
In the process of said "Rematch," there will be a list of demands, rules, and so on for the match.
Also, I highly suggest that both parties sign a waiver, of which, I will create.

I thank you for your time, and know that my client, Raptor Jesus, does too.
In the event of conflict, form a single file line and ready yourself for the worst to come.
If you expect the worst, it seems that much lesser when it actually happens

"Why are all those young lives taken?"
-"Final Transmission" by Street Dogs

#53 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:50 AM

View Postngsilver, on May 3 2007, 04:28 AM, said:

meh, what about 8+ cons a year? Like I do?

I did that in 2005 before I had to pay off loans and gas went through the roof.

<3 Hotaru-chan

Yoyoyoyoyo Mario!
Cosplay:

#54 User is offline   animeaddictanon 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8470

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:14 AM

View PostSave The Queen, on Apr 27 2007, 06:50 AM, said:

I've got a new cosplay for Youma this year too.

No team Ninja won Mario Party After Dark... I was on the winning team... god I screamed myself hoarse. LOL Yeah Teabagging someone infront of an audience was interesting... There was a camera guy. I've always wondered where the hell the video is for that.

It's a fun con. Nice, small, informal. Very different from Acen. Going again of course.

Edit... I just realized how bad this whole post sounds. Meh it's 5 am and I'm going to sleep.

#55 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:46 PM

Making you guys eat those gross jelly candies. I felt your pain. Kinda. =P

<3 Hotaru-chan
Cosplay:

#56 User is offline   Kuri-taichou 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10682

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

Youmacon '06 was my first real con, and I had a blast. My friend was the girl who won the "eating gross jelly candy" contest. =P
I cosplayed as Hanatarou from Bleach at ACen '07. If anyone has the picture of me with Rangiku and Mayuri, please let me know!
This year I'll be doing Kyouya from Ouran High School Host Club as my main cosplay, but I might also bring my Baiken from Guilty Gear costume.

#57 User is offline   McWeen 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9359

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:35 AM

Call me sick but I kinda liked the jelly candies. Coming up with ideas for the Mario Party after dark was fun, but forcing people to do them...awkward.
I wish I had something clever to put here :-(

#58 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:13 AM

Lol I also like that there is gonna be a MST3K thing where you can throw in your jokes while watching the anime! Sweet!!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#59 User is offline   Takkun2021 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6692

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:03 AM

View PostACen Guy Brown, on Mar 7 2007, 09:28 AM, said:

I totally agree! However, Reactor and Youmacon fall on the same weekend this year...

As much as I'd love to go to Yomacon, I'll have to stick with REACTOR. Especially, because it's in Chicago...where I am.
In the event of conflict, form a single file line and ready yourself for the worst to come.
If you expect the worst, it seems that much lesser when it actually happens

"Why are all those young lives taken?"
-"Final Transmission" by Street Dogs

#60 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:23 PM

View PostTakkun2021, on May 4 2007, 04:03 PM, said:

As much as I'd love to go to Yomacon, I'll have to stick with REACTOR. Especially, because it's in Chicago...where I am.

Awwww... Boo... You better come one year!

<3 Hotaru-chan
Cosplay:

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users