• This topic is locked

Cable Access Show

#1 User is offline   Carnage_Black2 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 3691

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:14 PM

I was wondering, for ACen X, if there was a possibility that maybe ACen can have a show or something on CAN tv in Chicago. I know myself, alot of people watch them. So, is there any chance of getting ACen out there through Cable Access? Just a thought.
President of:
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Anime Central Association for the Advancement of the Bunny Kind</span>
Self proclaimed protector of bunny girls from catgirls, other bunny girls, cabbit girls, and horny fanboys.
Executive Officer of Bunny/ACen Yakuza Relations
Girl: Are you an angel?
Me: I am but a man of shadows... *vanishes*
I live a life of blissful confusion. If you have a problem, take it up with my brain.
Check out my Myspace. Carnage's Myspace

#2 User is offline   Soshen 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5134

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:34 PM

this would be really cool, showing the whole Chicago area what ACEN is all about.
I AM THE HEAD OF THE NEKOBOY ALLIANCE INTELLIGENCE AGENCY!! X3 I r b smart. :P

COSPLAY LIST FOR 2008!
1. Taichi Yagami (Tai) from Digimon Adventure (first season) (Progress: 100%)
2. L from Deathnote (Progress: 100%)
3. Shadow the Hedgehog from the game Shadow the Hedgehog (Progress: 78%)
4. Nex from Bomb the Town (anyone wanna be Blurgas?)
5. (this one is a maybe) Little Jimmy Urine from the band Mindless Self Indulgence

ACEN 2007 pictures

Acen 2006 Pictures

My YouTube account!

#3 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:45 AM

Well we do have someone on staff who dose do a Cable axcess show up in Zion. He does mention Acen and shows clips from the con.

I wonder if we can get him to send some stuff over to other local channels and get some more air time? I will have to work on it. Thanks for the idea.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#4 User is offline   Carnage_Black2 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:53 AM

Not a problem. Who knows, maybe we can do a series of shows. Maybe even have a show that shows a con-goers first ACen. Or even what to expect if someone new goes to ACen.
President of:
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Anime Central Association for the Advancement of the Bunny Kind</span>
Self proclaimed protector of bunny girls from catgirls, other bunny girls, cabbit girls, and horny fanboys.
I live a life of blissful confusion. If you have a problem, take it up with my brain.

#5 User is offline   Poetessx 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6466

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:54 AM

Carnage_Black2 said:

I was wondering, for ACen X, if there was a possibility that maybe ACen can have a show or something on CAN tv in Chicago. I know myself, alot of people watch them. So, is there any chance of getting ACen out there through Cable Access? Just a thought.

Whoa CB! You read my mind! I watch CANtv like all the time! And Feel that through CANtv alone ACEN can gain exposure! I'm just a lowly worker bee but I also thought of that last year! I really want to see ACEN get the exposure it deserves for the 10th Anniversary. I still stand by the idea that ACEN is "The Best Kept Secret in the Chicagoland Area!' Because I had no clue of it existance untill early '06! But I would love to see a SICk tturnout for 2007. I'm very hopeful! As a matter of fact you just gave me an idea!

Thanks CB! I'll get back with you as soon as I can about it!

PX

She'ry DeNae McKee, Founder/CEO
Chicago's Hometown Anime Otaku Society (CHAOS)

Like us on Facebook @ CHAOS Ltd.
Follow Us on Twitter @312CHAOS
ACen Art & Production Dept. 2006-10

#6 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 1692

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:33 PM

ok..first off wtf is CANtv? I have comcast standard cable, not digital.

and second..screw getting more people to come..

seems every year the turn out increases by a 1000 or more, anymore exposure and we gonna have to move to California haha. (they hold big cons)

plus if it did get bigger, we'd need more room in the hotel, and I don't think there's any hotel with more space near by the convention center.
"he is the ONE", yeah the one that gropped my A**!"

#7 User is offline   Carnage_Black2 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:01 PM

I want ACen to grow. No offense, neomiroku

And thanks for the support Poetess. Perhaps we can colaborate on ideas for a show. I've had alot of ideas but I kept forgetting to post a thread about it. I guess it was a good idea and I should have done it sooner. Who knows, maybe we can get a turnout of about 15,000 for ACX With CANtv exposure.
President of:

#8 User is offline   Vidman1981 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 2272

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:01 PM

sammy-45 said:

Well we do have someone on staff who dose do a Cable axcess show up in Zion. He does mention Acen and shows clips from the con.  

I wonder if we can get him to send some stuff over to other local channels and get some more air time? I will have to work on it. Thanks for the idea.

Hello All!, I Am (Vic) That staffer of hers with the cable access show out of Zion. Our show airs twice a week on Comcast Channel 19 in most of Northeast Lake County (roughly 70,000 households), not just Zion. And we change it monthly and generally Every Show has something that happened at Anime Central. For example, last year at Acen my crew and i gathered nearly 28 hours of usable footage from Acen. I won't put up our show's info on here but if people are interested in more info message me.

We will be providing coverage of Acen this year as well.
Thanks
Vic Walter
Senior Manager of Public Relations
Anime Central 2014

ACen Staff since 2k4 "Don't Panic"

w w w . A C e n . o r g

#9 User is offline   Carnage_Black2 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:46 PM

Perhaps a few of us should get together in a chat room and have a Pow-Wow about what we can do for a Chicago show. And can you give me some times for the shows in PM? I might be able to have someone record it so that I can see it. Who knows? Maybe even set a show or two up that can be shown in both areas.
President of:

#10 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:38 PM

Another thing that might be interesting, having a live stream of large events, such as the masquerade. I know AX did it this past year and that was superb! I was able to watch it all the way across the country and see other friends up on stage.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users