Anime Deal or No Deal
Posted 25 November 2006 - 05:14 PM
1. Show organizers will audition both the contestants and the models earlier in the day of the show.
2. Models will be female cosplayers (of any anime or manga), and uniformity is not important.
3. Instead of money, organizers will give out prizes equivalent to increasing dollar amounts (i.e. $1, $5, $10, etc.), with the top prize worth $1000.
4. To avoid trademark/copyright infringement, we could use the Japanese name of Deal or No Deal, and perhaps convert the dollar amounts into yen.
5. If the contestant accepts a dollar/yen amount offered by the banker, the organizers will round it up to the next closest board amount when handing out the prize.
So, what do you think? If anyone from the programming staff is interested in this, I can submit a more detailed proposal via PM.
:heart: <span style='color:Blue'>Soldier in The Glomp Team </span> :heart:
<span style='color:DarkSlateBlue'>Member of the Anime Central Association for the Advancement of Bunnykind</span>
Posted 25 November 2006 - 05:45 PM
The only way I see it working is by getting some form of corporate sponsorship...
ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff
Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins
Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:34 PM
The problem would be making it all work. How would you get enough people to hold the briefcases? And if you used a computer program, would there be too many glitches.
If you could make it work it could be really cool though,
Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:45 PM
I'm sure a lot of people would come to see it and the company could have a big sign throughout the entire game. You could mention "Anime Deal or No Deal Sponsored by...." The hard thing would really be getting a company. There would be a lot of oportunities though, they could give out t-shirts for the company instead of the $25 or something advertising their company for the low amounts. Then the higher ones would be anime, manga, such and such. It'd be big publicity for said company. Maybe they could find someone to sponsor it.
I'm sure tons of girls in cosplay would be willing to stand there and open a case. I know I would. It'd be easy and amusing. Plus you'd be more involved in the game than just watching it.
To be a contestant could be a drawing too. That'd be cool. Buy tickets and the person (or couple of people) chosen from the random drawing get to be contestants.
Just some random ideas. Heh.
-Release the Inner Fangirl-
"I've laid my memories and dreams upon those wings
Leave them now and see what tomorrow brings."
-Melodies of Life, FF9
:heart: Waterfaerie05 :heart: