Anime Central Forums: Official ACen 2007 Registration Info Thread - Anime Central Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Official ACen 2007 Registration Info Thread

#31 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 1105

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:02 PM

It's not going to fall out of the badge holder like the ones last year, right? XD
"You think so too, right?"

#32 User is offline   Alysia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 237

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:10 PM

...Weeeeell, I will say that you won't need that type of holder for it. ;)
The normal badges will be fine.
The miscommunication that caused that problem won't be happening again.

#33 User is offline   chii2626 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 7043

Posted 04 December 2006 - 03:04 PM

HI SAM!!!

im really happy about this con.!!!!

10th and i get to go and my friend is bring her german exchange student as well!!!!!!

the german has never heard of anime and such its not huge over there like it is here!!!!!
My name is Rin and I'm hoping to make this Acen extra special cuz......IT'S MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND THIS YEAR AT ACEN!
~COSPLAY~
I am hoping to do Mari from Evangelion-But I need major cosplay help/advice!
Chii- I have been cosplaying chii for the past 7 years this will be my 8th. and a new outfit for chii from the manga every year. I have about 6 different outfits of chiis now.
Also for the ACEN SOUP BUBBLE/DAY COSPLAY NOW! I'm a RED/BLACK CYBER GOTH if u see a girl with red and black hair and added dreads and fuzzy red n black combat boots and a black nurse mask with a red cross on it, its more than likly me with the Chii name on her badge come say hi to me and lets dance!!!
If you wanna add me on Facebook PM me. Aim- X2xDarkAngelx6X Xbox gamertag- X2xRinx6X

#34 User is offline   chii2626 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7043

Posted 04 December 2006 - 03:07 PM

hi hi hi hi hi SAM!!!!!!

it makes me kinda sad it says im a newbie *cries*
i just forgot i had this account.....sigh
My name is Rin and I'm hoping to make this Acen extra special cuz......IT'S MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND THIS YEAR AT ACEN!
~COSPLAY~
I am hoping to do Mari from Evangelion-But I need major cosplay help/advice!
Chii- I have been cosplaying chii for the past 7 years this will be my 8th. and a new outfit for chii from the manga every year. I have about 6 different outfits of chiis now.
Also for the ACEN SOUP BUBBLE/DAY COSPLAY NOW! I'm a RED/BLACK CYBER GOTH if u see a girl with red and black hair and added dreads and fuzzy red n black combat boots and a black nurse mask with a red cross on it, its more than likly me with the Chii name on her badge come say hi to me and lets dance!!!
If you wanna add me on Facebook PM me. Aim- X2xDarkAngelx6X Xbox gamertag- X2xRinx6X

#35 User is offline   brenda scharlau 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 8589

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:56 AM

djfluffkins said:

Hi everyone!

I know you guys have been waiting for this for a LONG time. Our fearless registration DH has been in the process of moving, and hasn't had the most reliable information, so he's asked me to help him relay answers to all of your questions!

I will do my best to keep up with this thread, but I think this should cover most if not all your questions at this point.

Rates:

For our tenth anniversary we will start the public preregistration rate at 40$. It will rise then to 45$. Our at door rate will remain at 50$.
No dates have been set for those cutoffs yet, as you can see our Preregistration site has taken a little longer to get set up than we had hoped. Once it's up we will announce the cutoff dates.

Special badges:

We will have special 10th anniversary badges! They're grrrrrrrrrreat! Once we have pictures you'll be the first to get them! They will be printed in limited quantities for our anniversary so get your orders (when prereg is open)!! Special badges will be available at 5$ per badges, get them will they're hot!

Group Rates:

Nothing has been confirmed on group rates, we are still muddling over the exact rates. Keep your eyes pealed for more information!

Badge.... pickup?:

We will be introducing something special this year for all of you who are going to prereg... we will be mailing you the badges! More details to come but this way you won't have to waste your first day at the con waiting for your badges! (More reason to preregister)

Notes for those of you who may have been confused by our preregistration promotional offer:

We're really sorry that there was a big confusion about how our special rate was supposed to work. I've discussed it with Jay, and we will let you choose how to handle your mixed up payments. You can either take that 30$ and put it to your preregistration when it opens, or you can ask us to void the check. By all means if you feel more secure with stopping your payment do so. Any other issues that might arise please contact regsupport@gmail.com
If you were part of the mixup please contact regsupport@gmail.com to explain the situation and what you want us to do.

I think that's it! Hopefully this is enough to tide you over till preregistration opens!

Hey Sam...I wrote to regsupport about my mistaken pre-reg issue, twice, but haven't heard word one yet. (I asked them to void my $120 check & to advise me when this was done...)Are they so backed up with mistaken registrations that they can't respond? I've been pursuing this since early November...and am kinda frustrated at this point. Who can I talk to directly? Thanks for any help...
Brenda

#36 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:29 AM

Wow! I was kind of ticked off that you guys were starting the price at 40 but if you're mailing the badges to us that makes up for it!! God I hate those lines!!!

Please keep us updated!

#37 User is offline   Cuddles116 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 7378

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:18 AM

If badges are going to be mailed to us is it just going to be standard USPS and with group badges will it go to each members house or just one location. Also what is going to happen if badges get lost in transit or if someone losses their badge since I'm assuming these are going to be mailed way in advanced to ensure that they get to everyone.

This mailing of badges makes me extremely nervous and sad because it means like no one is going to be at the Hyatt on Thursday now and it might actually be quiet during at con reg hours since people won't be stopping in to pick up their stuff =(
JenFur
Toxic Kiwi Wig/Prop Commissions
Anime Central 2011
. . Fri - Scanty (w/ Brief)- Panty & Stocking
. . Sat - Panty (w/ Brief)- Panty & StockingHalloween 2011 - Alice - Resident Evil Afterlife
Pictures - ACEN Aftershock, ACEN 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, Reactor 2009, 2007, [size=2]2006

#38 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6244

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:24 PM

Don't worry, not everyone is going to pre-register. And from what I know there are going to be a alot people at the Hyatt on thursday.

#39 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 1692

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:28 PM

IMMA B THERE, in my BLACK pj pants, and adidas sandals and some shirt..w/e I end up wearing to bed haha..imma just lounge around the hotel..

I dunno why, but I enjoy just walking around the con/hotel in my Pj's haha.

I don't think mailing the badges is a good idea, I mean like everyone else said there's the possibility of lost badges in transit or maybe someone else gets the badge that doesn't even know what acen is, but has a similar address.

I mean it's not my decision, but doesn't seem too logical to mail something that is needed to get into the con.
"he is the ONE", yeah the one that gropped my A**!"

#40 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:00 PM

I like the idea of them sending it in the mail. It takes the hassal out of waiting in line for forever. Thou' I WILL miss the applause that happens whenever someone knocked over the poles that held up strings for the lines. *sheds a tear* That was pretty darn awesome. XD *metal pole falls down, APLAUSE FROM ALL IN THE HEARING RADIANCE*

#41 User is offline   GrinninCheshire 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8646

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:53 PM

That always lifted my mood.
'back in the day, if a shirt is off in the anime...the real fight is starting.'

"Does it make ice cream?"
"NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Steam ID: Derpaderp

#42 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:01 PM

I understand everyone's concern with the whole 'mail' thing, but maybe if we beg the staff and team, that maybe they'll have back up badges for you in case you are one of the unlucky ones that happens to get lost in the mail.(Knowing my luck, it will probably be me)

Better yet, send a confirmation email to print out saying that it was mailed to you, so you can just go in line anyways when you get there and show them that and they can print you off a new badge, if you lost yours.

If anyone else thinks what I just said makes sense and sounds good, let's hope that the staff and team may consider that as an option. ^^-

*trying to be helpful, but sadly failing, no?*
I tried changing my avatar and it said I needed permission? I've never had that problem before and I've been on this forum for many years, so what gives?

#43 User is offline   lostsoul 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8763

Posted 13 December 2006 - 08:12 AM

HI everyone!
so i started an anime/maga club in my high school and i was planning on taking them to acen but i myself have never gone so any information you could give me would realy help
(ie. cost such as hotle, parking, prereg...)
when should i reg for a hotle
any info would be helpfull:)

#44 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:55 AM

the price of a three day badge is like $40 now
ummm
the room rates aren't out now for next year
so you should wait untill jan.
there should be a group rate

you my get a better deal at another hotel
but its more difficult for a group when you think about traveling

as for food exspences
my group brings lots of romon
but there is a McD. down the street a ways
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#45 User is offline   lostsoul 

• Pip

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:17 PM

ok what other hotels r there down there

#46 User is offline   lostsoul 

• Pip

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:18 PM

oh ya well im planning to bring give or take 20 ppl
1 room for girls one room for guys lol

#47 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:17 PM

What the hell, did everyone all of a sudden forget how to spell?

hotle = hotel I'm guessing with my 1 I.Q.

romon= ramon

*BIG SIGH*...

anyways lostsoul ...20 people? 1 room for boys and 1 for girls? kinda lame **** is that :) mix 'em up baby... ;-p good times, good times. unless this is school sponsored then I guess you have to do it that way.

anyways..10 people in 1 room? jeez..that's not gonna be possible or at the very least comfortable for anyone.

hotel rates in the past for the Hyatt have been 127 a night..meaning any day that you stay the actual night time is considered a day..

as for other hotels, the only one I remember the name of is double tree...but I think being your first time going to ACEN or a con..it's best to stay at the Con hotel, being the Hyatt.

so with 20 people I think 3 rooms is a better option and having them all double or king size beds, if ya'll are comfortable sleeping on the same bed.

what year of high school are you and your club members??

as far as parking goes, someone told me it was 30 for the 3 days...so that's a starting plan.

pre-reg is 40 or 45 bucks I believe, you'll probably get the group rate..which has yet to be released.

as far as when you should book the hotel rooms, I'd say VERY soon after this site releases official open spots. I only say VERY because that way you can get it outta the way and not worry too much.

Btw. what school you go to?

#48 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:39 PM

Cherry_Wolf said:

I understand everyone's concern with the whole 'mail' thing, but maybe if we beg the staff and team, that maybe they'll have back up badges for you in case you are one of the unlucky ones that happens to get lost in the mail.(Knowing my luck, it will probably be me)

Better yet, send a confirmation email to print out saying that it was mailed to you, so you can just go in line anyways when you get there and show them that and they can print you off a new badge, if you lost yours.

If anyone else thinks what I just said makes sense and sounds good, let's hope that the staff and team may consider that as an option. ^^-

*trying to be helpful, but sadly failing, no?*

I secound this. :heart:

#49 User is offline   Voltron_Yellow 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8273

Posted 13 December 2006 - 07:18 PM

lostsoul said:

HI everyone!
so i started an anime/maga club in  my high school and i was planning on taking them to acen but i myself have never gone so any information you could give me would realy help
(ie. cost such as hotle, parking, prereg...)
when should i reg for a hotle
any info would be helpfull:)

Start planning early. Make a list of everything you need and write them out by category. Clothes, clean stuff (toothbrush, deorderant, etc), entertainment (manga, magazine, etc), extras (camera, video camera, etc) write what you need no matter obvious it is. Then take a suit case and try to fill it. Use your lists and cross off stuff you don't really need. Try to get it all into one suit case (bag or whatever you'll use) with only minimal effort of closing. Believe me you think you may need something and when you think about it later you find out you don't really need it at all.

For example, my frined thought for sure he would need his playstation and games. We never played it so it was a waste to take and then have to bring back. Now we just bring a personal dvd player with rc plugs and watch anime through the hotel tv.

Acen there's a lot going on almost all the time. I believe it is or is almost a 24 hour con.

Shoes, make sure your shoes are comfortable, you may be walking a lot and poorly supported shoes make can make pain medicine your best friend. Consider inserts if your not sure of your shoes.

Food. That can be a real b**** depending on your budget. From the people I've talked to and my own expriences, carry oatmeal or nutrition bars for snacking most of the day. With a lot of walking and excitment you may not want to have anything heavy in the morning or afternoon. Another person here wrote ramon, yeah thats cool too. get those bag ones for like 4 or 5 or 10 (depending on the sale) for a dollar. Our hotel room had a coffee maker. So we brought oatmeal packets and a box of plastic spoons. We used the coffee maker to pour hot water into the coffee mugs provided and made up oatmeal. Good for you, light and cheap. Box or oatmeal packets and a box of spoons, be like what 5 dollars. A box of snack bars 3 to 5 dollars depending on brand and the number you get (I figure about 3 a day depending on your metabolism). Saving a lot of money on food, pricelss =)

As for drinks we just brough a punch of packets like crystal light and mixed them with empty pop bottles. Believe me you WANT to stay hydrated during this.

Then at night we ordered pizza with a couple of two litters. That was about 25 dollars each time between three people and tipping the delivery person.

#50 User is offline   waterfaerie05 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8609

Posted 13 December 2006 - 07:33 PM

Oh! Thank you for all the Info!
*bows*

This will be my first Con ever. I'm a little scared. Especially when Pre-reg isn't open yet. I want to get registered and get that out of the way ASAP so I don't have to worry. Same goes for Hotel stuff. So I'll probably be on the website a lot checking up on things till any of that is released.

Oh and Cherry_Wolf I like your idea about the confirmation e-mail and the badges. I think it'd make it a lot less scary for people... especially when the mail can be slow or unreliable. Hopefully it'll all work out for the best though. *nods*

-Release the Inner Fangirl-

"I've laid my memories and dreams upon those wings
Leave them now and see what tomorrow brings."
-Melodies of Life, FF9

:heart: Waterfaerie05 :heart:

#51 User is offline   Voltron_Yellow 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8273

Posted 13 December 2006 - 08:12 PM

waterfaerie05 said:

Oh! Thank you for all the Info!
*bows*

This will be my first Con ever. I'm a little scared. Especially when Pre-reg isn't open yet. I want to get registered and get that out of the way ASAP so I don't have to worry. Same goes for Hotel stuff. So I'll probably be on the website a lot checking up on things till any of that is released.

Oh and Cherry_Wolf I like your idea about the confirmation e-mail and the badges. I think it'd make it a lot less scary for people... especially when the mail can be slow or unreliable. Hopefully it'll all work out for the best though. *nods*

Maybe having BOTH would be best. Get a confirmation email and having it mailed. That way if it was never received. You still have proof of the registration.

#52 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:03 PM

Using the email to confirm that they did indeed pay for the badge, and using it to get another if it never arrives is def. a good idea.
Horray for getting back on topic. XD

#53 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:54 PM

waterfaerie...first time going? you going with anyone?

m or f? I might be looking for a room mate..I mean a friend of mine is flying over so..he and I are taking the beds, but I got a inflatable bed, but that's all if you are alone on this con.

#54 User is offline   waterfaerie05 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8609

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:20 AM

neomiroku said:

waterfaerie...first time going?  you going with anyone?

m or f?  I might be looking for a room mate..I mean a friend of mine is flying over so..he and I are taking the beds, but I got a inflatable bed, but that's all if you are alone on this con.

Oh I have quite a few people I'm going with actually. Sorry! I'm sure you can find someone that'll need someplace to stay, especially after room rates are actually release and stuff gets booked.

-Release the Inner Fangirl-

"I've laid my memories and dreams upon those wings
Leave them now and see what tomorrow brings."
-Melodies of Life, FF9

:heart: Waterfaerie05 :heart:

#55 User is offline   lostsoul 

• Pip

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:52 PM

neomiroku said:

What the hell, did everyone all of a sudden forget how to spell?

hotle = hotel I'm guessing with my 1 I.Q.

romon= ramon

*BIG SIGH*...

anyways lostsoul ...20 people? 1 room for boys and 1 for girls?  kinda lame **** is that :)   mix 'em up baby... ;-p good times, good times.  unless this is school sponsored then I guess you have to do it that way.

anyways..10 people in 1 room?  jeez..that's not gonna be possible or at the very least comfortable for anyone.  

hotel rates in the past for the Hyatt have been 127 a night..meaning any day that you stay the actual night time is considered a day..

as for other hotels, the only one I remember the name of is double tree...but I think being your first time going to ACEN or a con..it's best to stay at the Con hotel, being the Hyatt.

so with 20 people I think 3 rooms is a better option and having them all double or king size beds, if ya'll are comfortable sleeping on the same bed.

what year of high school are you and your club members??

as far as parking goes, someone told me it was 30 for the 3 days...so that's a starting plan.

pre-reg is 40 or 45 bucks I believe, you'll probably get the group rate..which has yet to be released.

as far as when you should book the hotel rooms, I'd say VERY soon after this site releases official open spots.  I only say VERY because that way you can get it outta the way and not worry too much.

Btw. what school you go to?

yes yes i no my spellings bad but im in school now and i have to type fast so i dont get coughtlol
Um the kids are softmores and up and we go to john hersey high school
its not school sponserd but it would be cheaper just to get 2 rooms most of the kids cant afford it and plus u realy dont sleep wile your at a con anyways.
thx for info through but igtg now and run my club :)

#56 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:07 PM

NO idea where the that school is..unless it's not in Illinois.

not many can afford the hotel? I dunno how they are gonna afford food/or buying stuff.

I mean seriously..when you see the huge amounts of merchandise you can get..your gonna have an ******..haha.

and most stuff is cheaper than it would be normally..at least that's how I remember it.

are you guys going by yourselves ? ...I mean your in high school, but I know some people parents can be strict..a.k.a mine..even though i'm this old still get **** for going out.

anyways..I would really try to save up a large amount of money...if you plan on buying merchandise...cause hotel room is gonna b pretty expensive as is.

#57 User is offline   Cuddles116 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 7378

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:49 PM

lostsoul said:

oh ya well im planning to bring give or take 20 ppl  
1 room for girls one room for guys lol

That's really pushing it...REALLY I mean it is bad enough when people try and get more than 4 people in a room but 10, that's just insane. You are risking getting into trouble plus you're going to be pretty much on top of each other.

Why don't you try getting a few rooms at a hotel/motel/hostel near a blue line train stop? The H.I Hostel is within walking distance of the blue line and like $35 a night per person or something. Anyway the blue line is only a few blocks away from the Hyatt and you could still party until the wee hours and then sleep comfortably else where.

Not to be a total kill joy but if it can't be afforded it probably shouldn't be done. Acen is really expensive, badges alone are going to be like $40 a person and I can't possibly see going to Acen and not hitting up the incredibly huge dealers room. Plus you will need to eat at some point or another, and should still have emergency money.
JenFur
Toxic Kiwi Wig/Prop Commissions
Anime Central 2011
. . Fri - Scanty (w/ Brief)- Panty & Stocking
. . Sat - Panty (w/ Brief)- Panty & StockingHalloween 2011 - Alice - Resident Evil Afterlife
Pictures - ACEN Aftershock, ACEN 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, Reactor 2009, 2007, [size=2]2006

#58 User is offline   khenemetset 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5454

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:53 PM

Not trying to be rude or anything but can we put this back ON TOPIC which is information about REGISTRATION. Not information about hotels, food, anime clubs, how poor you are or any of the other topics people keep bringing up. Things like that go elsewhere, folks...please if its not related to registration take it somewhere else.

As to mailing out the badges. Who's brilliant idea was that? *sarcasm* Seriously, guys don't do that. I never got my postcard in time to bring it with me and that being the case I hardly see myself getting my badge in time.

Seariously, reconsider, or you are going to have alot of angry people out there. If you don't already.

#59 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 15 December 2006 - 04:14 AM

I agree with khenemetset. We have other threads about the hotel and anything else a first time con goer could look at and ask questions in.

And although I am more excited about the idea of getting them through the mail(I have never lost anything in the mail, so I am not too worried...), but like I had said to begin with... a confirmation email to bring would be a very good idea and your ID, then just stand in line and show them that, and you should get a free one, in my opinion. I mean, if it was lost in the mail, it wasn't really your fault.

But I still think the mail idea is a good one. Most people do receive their mail, there are unfortunate times where things are lost, but for the most part, I believe people get their mail and they usually get it on time. Maybe they'll put it in a little box, not on envelope. *shrug*
I tried changing my avatar and it said I needed permission? I've never had that problem before and I've been on this forum for many years, so what gives?

#60 User is offline   khenemetset 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5454

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:47 AM

Considering the track record ACen has at mailing things out in a timely fashion I'd say not to mail the badges out. That's my main concern. I've never gotten anything in a timely fashion from them. Last two years I got my postcard the Friday of the con, which didn't help as I had already left. And then last year I got it the day before I was leaving. Maybe if ACen was a little better about things or if maybe the had online payment for Pre-reg the idea would work. But, you still have to send a check to them (which by the way my check took forever to clear two years ago so when I left I didn't even know if I HAD a badge). I honestly don't see why they feel it should be done. No other con does it for various reasons so why do they?

I'm not worried about it getting lost in the mail persay (though we dn't have the brightest of letter carriers in my area currently) I'm worried about NOT getting it due to ACen's lack of time management.

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users