Anime Central Forums: Avatar: The Last Airbender cosplay group/gathering - Anime Central Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Avatar: The Last Airbender cosplay group/gathering

#91 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9571

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:41 AM

View Postnessa, on Apr 22 2007, 11:06 AM, said:

I couldn't find a good picture of her in Ba Sing Se. :\
Ah well, I guess I'm going shopping after work.

if you can get the make up I'll help you with it. (mai doing kyoshi make up? gasp!)
you're main concern is going to be the hair peice and the green dress. start with the base, once you get that done, work on largest detail, and if you have time work the smaller things in. ^_^ costumes don't always have to be 100% perfect even though you like them to be. we'll know who you are and we'll have fun with it. either way I'm sure everyone's fine with you hanging out with us. ^_^

in other news, =_=;;; hahaaaa, anyone know how to make the buns on top of Mai's head, it's killing me trying to figure them out! X______X any help is greatly appreciated.
All Acen attending costumes finished (Mai, Beach Mai, Party Mai, Ship Robe Mai)
Pending ideas: Abby (NCIS)
Future costumes: Shera (Cid's Wife) Yuffie
Pending creations:Sephiroth 2.0 (for shawn) Cid (again for Shawn)

#92 User is offline   nessa 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 6868

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:30 AM

View PostMaiWithBlackDaggers, on Apr 23 2007, 06:41 AM, said:

if you can get the make up I'll help you with it. (mai doing kyoshi make up? gasp!)
you're main concern is going to be the hair peice and the green dress. start with the base, once you get that done, work on largest detail, and if you have time work the smaller things in. ^_^ costumes don't always have to be 100% perfect even though you like them to be. we'll know who you are and we'll have fun with it. either way I'm sure everyone's fine with you hanging out with us. ^_^

in other news, =_=;;; hahaaaa, anyone know how to make the buns on top of Mai's head, it's killing me trying to figure them out! X______X any help is greatly appreciated.

-worships the ground you walk on- thank you so much, (<<'' wants pictures on Mai doing Suki's makeup)
as for her hair.. image I think its a wig, but you can kinda see how it was dun. more then one or two, bobby pins and hair ties... or you could kinda do a princess Leai
Oh My Flippin Goodness.

#93 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 2403

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:33 AM

Yay! Step one in the process of cosplay making is complete! I have actually bought the fabric for my Toph cosplay 8D!

I need to get this done before the weekend of May 4th...after that I wont have much time to work on it. I work at a movie theater and since Spider Man 3 is coming out its gonna be busy there so they'll need all the help they can get for that week.

I can't wait X3 This is gonna be funnnn!
Visit my devart, if you dare.

ACen 2013 Cosplays:
Dean Winchester - Supernatural
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians

http://www.neopets.c...name=wolfdog173

#94 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:34 PM

I know =P~~

I have seen the progress on my FMG cosplay from my seamstress... it's awesome and I already have my wig pulled back in a ponytail so that's all ready to go!

I am buying 2 more boxes of Fruit Snacks this weekened, so all together... we'll have 40 individual packets of fruit snacks for everyone, and I believe that should be enough! XDDD I am taking down the poll, considering it's very obvious that no new Avatar during ACen... DDD=

Though as a part of our meeting here is what I have planned, if you guys want to-
Meet&Greet
Photoshoot
Discussion

The discussion would be like hypothesizing the future events... either by rumors or stuff you think could happen. :3 Let me know if you think this is dandy!
Possible Future Cons- Otakon, Anime Expo, Otakon Vegas, YaoiCon

#95 User is offline   nessa 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:49 AM

holy fruit snacks much.

Though as a part of our meeting here is what I have planned, if you guys want to-
Meet&Greet
Photoshoot
Discussion

That sounds awesome, I didn't think I'd see much avatar cosplay this year.
Oh My Flippin Goodness.

#96 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:00 AM

View Postnessa, on Apr 23 2007, 12:30 PM, said:

-worships the ground you walk on- thank you so much, (<<'' wants pictures on Mai doing Suki's makeup)
as for her hair.. image I think its a wig, but you can kinda see how it was dun. more then one or two, bobby pins and hair ties... or you could kinda do a princess Leai

yeah, I've looked at her hair before ^_^; I'm just not sure how she got it like that. I've got extensions, otherwise I'm using my real hair too. =_= the process of cutting it was brutal. (my hair's very long, and I didn't have bangs so I cut off a good chunk and mourned it.)
heh-heh, doing kyoshi makeup would be so much fun. Funny thing is, I've honestly done it two times before for fun.
This avatar group is going to be one big party! yey fun! (I've been so happy as of late, getting into character is going to be hard.)

#97 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:02 AM

View PostCherry_Wolf, on Apr 23 2007, 08:34 PM, said:

Meet&Greet
Photoshoot
Discussion

yeah that sounds great.

[members coming with me or in my room. Jun, Jin, Ty Lee, Azula, Katara]
Confirming, we do have all these people going with.

#98 User is offline   Lady 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9621

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:01 PM

View PostMaiWithBlackDaggers, on Apr 24 2007, 11:00 AM, said:

yeah, I've looked at her hair before ^_^; I'm just not sure how she got it like that. I've got extensions, otherwise I'm using my real hair too. =_= the process of cutting it was brutal. (my hair's very long, and I didn't have bangs so I cut off a good chunk and mourned it.)

Oh that made me wince.

Please please please use a wig! They're not all that expensive, and you don't have to worry about dramatically altering your actual hair. You can try doing a zigzag part down the back to avoid any netting showing, then make two ponytails on the top of the head, stub, and wrap extensions around the stub (or you could just use the ponytails you just made for the buns). Just leave some hair loose in the front for her front hangie things and you're set!

http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?product...2450&page=1 A wig like this would probably work very well for Mai, as it has lots of volume, good fiber, and is the right length for her long hangie parts.

If you're unfamiliar with the basics of wigs and wig styling, katiebair.com has some helpful starter tutorials. I can do some mspaint stuff to show you what I'm talking about in the above styling info if it would help.

#99 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:58 PM

View PostLady, on Apr 24 2007, 02:01 PM, said:

Please please please use a wig!

OOOO haha, I was just about to rant about my black hair. ^_^; I just dyed it last night. I've wanted it this way for some time now though. I've done wigs before, and my hair's so long and my hair line is so low that I can't wear them correctly. Thus, the reasons for extensons instead. I've got everything figured out except how to make the buns on the top of my head. That's the ONLY problem. Otherwise I'm pretty much good with everything else. ^_^ thank you sooo sooo much for the concern though. (My dad was not too happy with my color change. I guess there's no use hiding that I was just blonder then our Ty Lee untill yesterday.) (Woo I'm really pale though O_O; )

#100 User is offline   nessa 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:06 PM

wooo, green dress and head dress down~ now looking for some nice face paint ^_____^
Oh My Flippin Goodness.

#101 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:38 AM

View Postnessa, on Apr 25 2007, 06:06 PM, said:

wooo, green dress and head dress down~ now looking for some nice face paint ^_____^

O_O you're already done with the dress? (I'm hardly done with Azula's costume, we're just finishing Katara's and I've yet to get anywhere on Jun's.) D= GAhhhh stress! (hopefully I'll get Jun and Katara done this weekend.)

#102 User is offline   nessa 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:59 AM

View PostMaiWithBlackDaggers, on Apr 27 2007, 10:38 AM, said:

O_O you're already done with the dress? (I'm hardly done with Azula's costume, we're just finishing Katara's and I've yet to get anywhere on Jun's.) D= GAhhhh stress! (hopefully I'll get Jun and Katara done this weekend.)

I wish you so much luck!!! >o<
Oh My Flippin Goodness.

#103 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:19 PM

View Postnessa, on Apr 27 2007, 04:59 PM, said:

I wish you so much luck!!! >o<

As do I!

I'm moving slowly along on my Toph cosplay. I've got like half of it done!

With in the next 2 weeks or so I have to finish that cosplay, go shopping for stuff for the con, write 3 papers, and work my job at AMC 30 (Spider Man comes out this weekend, I'm gonna be so busy ;o; ). I can't wait for ACen! All this hard work and stress is about to pay off soon!! <3

Until then though, I'll be busy working my tail off!

ACen 2013 Cosplays:

#104 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:18 AM

Thankies guys. ^_^ I talked to Jun and Azula and things seem like they might work out.
Yeah, my problem is my senior research paper and my 'school sucks' I-video that I have to do for a final project. (haaa. my teacher said she wanted a movie on school.)

What is is, 10 days left till acen? I'm not getting Acen jitters yet. But I am excited about seeing everyone. (Thank God that everyone in our group so far seems genuinely nice.)

#105 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:00 PM

I think it almost feels surreal that ACen is here again. Seems like just yesterday I was at ACen 06 XD

Yes! I can't wait to see everyone (and your awsome cosplays)! However, I must warn you that I am EXTREMELY shy. So...if I don't say much to you chances are that its because I'm scared to death. I feel like most people who talk to me get the vibe that I hate them because I don't say much when they talk to me XD

If my friends are around though I'll probably be pretty hyper!

ACen 2013 Cosplays:

#106 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:47 PM

New thought.

Since, quite obviously, there will be no new Avatar premiering any time soon. Instead of a viewing party we go do lunch? I figure if the gathering starts at 10am it'll probably be done at around 11ish or so we could probably go out and eat somewhere. McDonalds or Steak and Shake. Something cheap but fun and effective.

How about it? :3

ACen 2013 Cosplays:

#107 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:07 AM

View PostDoggeh, on May 1 2007, 08:47 PM, said:

New thought.

Since, quite obviously, there will be no new Avatar premiering any time soon. Instead of a viewing party we go do lunch? I figure if the gathering starts at 10am it'll probably be done at around 11ish or so we could probably go out and eat somewhere. McDonalds or Steak and Shake. Something cheap but fun and effective.

Sounds like a great idea. (hell if I get enough money I'll help pay a larger portion. I hope. ^_^;) Plus, actually having motivation to eat at acen is a great thing!

Don't worry about being shy! Our Katara's kind of that way. (ironically I'm not...) You'll probably warm up pretty fast. And if not, you're still among good company so as long as you're having a good time everything should go well. right?
(Now that I found out Azula's probably staying for the entire convention, I'm all exctied. >3 mawahahahhaa Angels are all gonna be there.)

I'm worried about getting into character, just because I'm so excited now. (but I tend to mellow so I don't know why I'm so paniked.)
I'll poast my room # or something soon, once we figure it out, so then if anyone wants to meet up friday I suppose we all can. I'm not too concerned about that though. I'm thinking most everyone has things to do friday, so I'm more concerned with saturday. (I'm glad to help anyway that I can though.)

#108 User is offline   dotpogos 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9692

Post icon  Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:43 PM

View PostDoggeh, on May 1 2007, 08:47 PM, said:

New thought.

Not McDonalds! Unfortunately I work at one. It's ok (Paid for my costume!). But that a good idea for hanging out.

#109 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:34 AM

I don't think I'll be able to attend... for after I am done with this meet up, I have another meet up to attend! lol. BUT I'll see what I can do =3

#110 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:49 AM

View PostCherry_Wolf, on May 3 2007, 06:34 AM, said:

I don't think I'll be able to attend... for after I am done with this meet up, I have another meet up to attend! lol. BUT I'll see what I can do =3

well even if you can't hang out then, if you want I know that a lot of my group can hang out later if you want. (jun, jin, azula, katara, ty lee, mai.) I went out and got the first 2 dvds for second season. (though everyone else probably has them.) if the group gets board we can all still have a viewing party for the heck of it.
Anyone that's up for going out for sushi later is welcome to come with. If we can't find a resturant near by, I'm just buying a load of Sushi and miso and bringing it to acen. (at least this way I can get the kids in my room to eat you know?)

#111 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:15 PM

I should so bring my portable dvd player to the meet up and we should all sit in a circle and watch Avatar!!! XDXDDD

I will see if I can. =3 I'd love to hang with everyone, it's just making time to do everything I wanna do. lolol!

#112 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:40 AM

View PostCherry_Wolf, on May 3 2007, 07:15 PM, said:

I should so bring my portable dvd player to the meet up and we should all sit in a circle and watch Avatar!!! XDXDDD

I will see if I can. =3 I'd love to hang with everyone, it's just making time to do everything I wanna do. lolol!

youre lucky you have things to do. I'm just getting dragged around by Azula and Ty Lee all three days. (=_= AH! ) And I have to say hi to a few college friends. (and if we can convince azula, the three of us are doing speed dating in character. ha.)

Ty Lee has a portable dvd player too if you can't bring yours. If you all want to watch Avatar as a group I'll bring all my dvd's and we can just camp out and party. (night or day, when ever people want to hang) (pending on Ty an Azl.)
ONE WEEK LEFT!

#113 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:30 PM

Question.

Our initial meetup area is in front of childrens programming (where is that anyway? XD) but will the actual photoshoot be down there? There are a few members from Avatar Spirit that live in the Chicago area that want to meet up with some of us. They wont be attending the con though.

Will we be going outside for the shoot and maybe chilling out there for a bit? Or doing it in the main lobby? I wanna relay this information to these people :3

ACen 2013 Cosplays:

#114 User is offline   Inuyatta 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10947

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:59 AM

Sorry to jump in so late. I wasn't sure if I was coming to Acen...though frankly if the badge deal doesn't get cleared up soon, I may not get in 'officially'..heh. But I did finish my Song cosplay tonight, so I thought I'd try to make it to this meetup. Is there someone in charge of this meet up? If so, please PM me so I can give my cell number.

#115 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:51 AM

View PostDoggeh, on May 5 2007, 11:30 PM, said:

Question.

Our initial meetup area is in front of childrens programming (where is that anyway? XD) but will the actual photoshoot be down there? There are a few members from Avatar Spirit that live in the Chicago area that want to meet up with some of us. They wont be attending the con though.

Will we be going outside for the shoot and maybe chilling out there for a bit? Or doing it in the main lobby? I wanna relay this information to these people :3

(again I gladly welcome anyone into the group that Im in if you all want to hang out. I've got all the dvds that they have out so far, and I know my group wants to hang out and watch that, so if anyone wants to join they're totally welcome! ) (cause other wise we're probably going to be horribly board.)

"Sorry to jump in so late. I wasn't sure if I was coming to Acen...though frankly if the badge deal doesn't get cleared up soon, I may not get in 'officially'..heh. But I did finish my Song cosplay tonight, so I thought I'd try to make it to this meetup. Is there someone in charge of this meet up? If so, please PM me so I can give my cell number."

ummm, I think cherry_wolf is in charge. It's going to be in front of childrens programing saturday @ 10 am (is that right? ). (though cosplay groups usually move around, so we might shift around I think. doggeh was mentioning something like that.) hopefully you can come! that would be cool. (jin and I were hoping to see a song so YEY! )

#116 User is offline   TriaElf9 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 11011

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:27 AM

Hallo, I be new to the forums, but not to Acen! ^_^ I'll be cosplaying Ty Lee, and I'm greatly looking forward to the photoshoot! 10am Saturday? I know a few other Avatar cosplayers who want to come as well. Hoorah Avatar!

#117 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:00 AM

Ugh. sdadflkas.

Doggeh is frustrated right now.

Don't think I'll be able to finish my Toph cosplay in time for the con. Sadly enough. I've got 2 paper to write by tomorrow plus I've got work. Thursday I'm doing various last minute things and then hanging out with a friend of mine from out of state. If I'm not at school then I'm working and if I'm not doing either then I feel pressured to work on the cosplay I just don't want to finish since I'd much rather rest.

If only I had started this after Ohayocon then maybe I wouldn't have had this problem xD; Ah well.

Fear not though. I'll still attend the gathering (making myself as Avatarded as possible) because I really want to meet all of you guys. I just wont be in cosplay is all ^^;

Note to self...never put off a cosplay. Ever. Again. >_<

ACen 2013 Cosplays:

#118 User is offline   JenGeta 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9018

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:10 AM

I will be cosplaying Toph. Im so excited!!!!!!
~ Hit me up on MySpace ~
http://www.myspace.com/jengeta

#119 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:50 AM

Okay, sorry for the delay on answering questions.

The questions about our meet up. We will at least meet in front of Children's Programming. The unconfirmed spot of Children's Programming is where the video programming was last year... to be more specific for those of you who have never been in the Hyatt-

Once you walk into the Hyatt, head toward the escalators... but don't go up them, take a right, keep walking straight and then another right is where the video programming rooms use to be and the rumored Children's Programming will be, we will meet in that little corridor opening. From there, if it's nice out, we will be going all the way outside.

But if it's nasty out, we shall either-
a. Go out to the side of the Hyatt entrance(I've seen groups of cosplayers do this before)
or
b. Go in front of Main Programming.

If we have people from Avatar Spirit coming, we'll more than likely go with option a, that way they won't get lost.

Also, if it is not the Childern's Programming... whatever is in it's place, I shall be renaming this and puttng what is there as the meeting spot. I think this spot would be the easiest place to meet at, unless any of you have suggestions on anywhere else.

#120 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:29 PM

Well. If I can't find childrens programming then I'll certainly be able to find you outside the hotel entrance if the meetup heads that way :3

Thanks for the info! I shall relay it to Avatar Spirit peoples!

ACen 2013 Cosplays:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users