• This topic is locked

Con Hotel Rates

#1 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 4411

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:37 PM

I know that the rates won't be announced for a few months, I understand that :)

This thread is actually when about they'd be announced. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to know when abouts it will be announced so we can make sure we have enough money on the card to reserve our room (for the deposit).

Ya know, planning ahead and all that fun stuff :)

Thanks!
♥ Amunet will move to Illinois! Coming Soon ♥
~ Captain of The Glomp Team ~
Official Thread of The Glomp Team ~ Click Here ~
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#2 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:56 PM

Here is the tricky part if we knew the rates we would announce them. But we are still waiting on the hotel to work with us in setting the rates for this year.

It takes time to work this out, and some years it take longer then others. It could be one month it could be two months, it could even be 3 weeks. But I don't know when it will be, because they are still working on it.

My advice start saveing now!!!! Then you wont have to worry.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#3 User is offline   Maze 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6570

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:57 PM

Here's some advice I gave a friend of mine last year.

Set aside between $10 and $20 a week for every week until acen. Remember not to touch it till Acen.

If you start now at $10 a week, you'll have about $320 by the time of Acen. That should cover the room. This way you don't have to pull money out of your spending cash for the room and can instead spend it on some nice swag from the dealer room. ^_^v

This is a good strategy for those that find themselves short on cash.

Enjoy

~Maze

Ja Ne!

#4 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:09 PM

Sammy - Yeah I know it takes a bit, I am well aware the workings. I was just wondering if ya had an estimate, if ya don't that's fine :) Yeah, good idea ... actually I already set up a seperate account with my bank just for acen and the room ^_^ Great minds think a-like!

Maze - Thanks for the advise :) I shall do that, but with higher incriments cause I'm getting the room AND buying a roundtrip plane ticket ;) Good idea though, perhaps ... $100 a month or per paycheck would work :) Thanks!
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#5 User is offline   JazzJack 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 7609

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:03 AM

>.< I'll do what I did the last few years. Charge it and pay for it with my Tax return probably. :3 If I don't go to Japan that is.
Cut back on the Hentai? Are you TRYING to kill me?!?

The Official Food REPAIRER of t3h Smexy ladies, AKA Hentai Master!

#6 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:32 AM

Maze's advice is the same as I am doing. I already saved $45 so far. I should have the money before Acen.
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2016

Ryuko Matoi "Kill la Kill" Friday and Saturday

#7 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 19 September 2006 - 03:44 PM

Maze said:

Here's some advice I gave a friend of mine last year.

Set aside between $10 and $20 a week for every week until acen. Remember not to touch it till Acen.

If you start now at $10 a week, you'll have about $320 by the time of Acen. That should cover the room. This way you don't have to pull money out of your spending cash for the room and can instead spend it on some nice swag from the dealer room. ^_^v

This is a good strategy for those that find themselves short on cash.

Enjoy

~Maze

Ja Ne!

I did that last year & again this year. I normally end up with about $1200 or more, but I'm also paying for room, cosplays for 2 people, ect.

The hardest part is not touching it.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#8 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:34 PM

I just called the hyatt and asked about the prices and stuff ... I told them the exact dates and what for ... she gave me the rate of $127 per room.

Now this isn't official, just what one attendee has just experianced.

Also, She told me that there will be a deposit of $144 that will be taken out of whatever card you hold the room with on April 19th.
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#9 User is offline   Yoji Kudou 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2516

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:39 AM

rates change, tho, closer to the con, esp once the con discount gets decided and applied :)

And yeah they take a deposit out on ur card :)

Last year we had the deposit, got there, and paid cash for it all ^__^.

Cash is good..... so is saving up now!! lol
"You know nothing of Heaven. Don't ignorantly speak of falling to Hell." = Yoji Kudou, Weiss Kreuz

Still Engaged, still Proud General of the UYFA, and yes, I'm STILL a crazy vampiric kitty girl.

#10 User is offline   DeadEyeDuck 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 7966

Posted 22 September 2006 - 04:19 PM

how much were the rooms last year? i cant seem to remember <=/
The Random Hero {DeadEyeDuck} will make his second appearence to ACen 2K7. Cant wait to see everyone there! :cool: P.S. all naruto fans look for the big sign that i want all naruto cosplayers to sign! except sasuke... hate sasuke... Narutards Unite! :sweatdrop Proud Member of the Glomp Team!

#11 User is offline   Moogle_21 

• Art and Publications ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2191

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:43 PM

DeadEyeDuck said:

how much were the rooms last year? i cant seem to remember <=/

$124.00 a night was the room rate last year. Wait for the staff to release the amount though before you book, so that way you don't have to call them back and trying to figure out a recalulation of your resevation. There's still plenty of time, the hotel usually sells out in February (Double Bed Rooms usually in January).

#12 User is offline   Harrison Bergeron 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 666

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:46 PM

Guys, we're working on getting the stuff with the hotel worked out as we speak, so just hang in there and soon as we know, you'll know.

On my word.

Peace.
"Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur... goes a Latin proverb. The world wants to be deceived...So let it be deceived."
"If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart."
Henri Ducard (Ras Al Ghul)- Batman Begins
"It is pleasant at times to play the madman..."
Seneca- Roman Dramatist, Philosopher, & Politician
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence."
Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)
Nothing is true. All is permissible."
Hassan I Sabbah- Lord and leader of the Assassins Cult

#13 User is offline   DeadEyeDuck 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 7966

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:45 AM

GrammatonCleric said:

Guys, we're working on getting the stuff with the hotel worked out as we speak, so just hang in there and soon as we know, you'll know.

On my word.

Peace.

hey hey, no worries =) take your time, ACen is a while away yet and you all are doing awsome jobs so far =3
The Random Hero {DeadEyeDuck} will make his second appearence to ACen 2K7. Cant wait to see everyone there! :cool: P.S. all naruto fans look for the big sign that i want all naruto cosplayers to sign! except sasuke... hate sasuke... Narutards Unite! :sweatdrop Proud Member of the Glomp Team!

#14 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2006 - 06:55 PM

I agree with DeD, I just wanted to give my info just in case. We understand and I really didn't expect people to keep posting on this topic ^^;
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#15 User is offline   Yoji Kudou 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:07 PM

*cheers the ACen staff*

take ur time!

We await prereg and room price announcements!!!! lol

(for we are eager fans who love thee, oh cherished acen......)

Okay, no more mtn dew for me... >,>.
"You know nothing of Heaven. Don't ignorantly speak of falling to Hell." = Yoji Kudou, Weiss Kreuz

Still Engaged, still Proud General of the UYFA, and yes, I'm STILL a crazy vampiric kitty girl.

#16 User is offline   TheLadyRaven 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 4134

Posted 25 September 2006 - 01:01 AM

If I'm not mistaken, I think I reserved around November or December last year, and I was fine.... I think they came out in November... the guy there said that he had dealt with it pleanty of times, and that ACEN usually booked the rates about 6 months before the con....

#17 User is offline   Yoji Kudou 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2006 - 02:47 AM

well, six months is november!!!!

*sits watching the screen, tail twitching in suspense* lol nah.

Mm...too much mtn dew. Gosh ur all gonna think im a nutjob lol.

Anyways,,,,,the Hyatt is my favorite place to stay, Luckily, every event Ive been to I have been able to get a room there,,,,nothing against other hotels.....Just that the Hyatt is so much CLOSER to drag ur tired butt to ur room at 4am lol (that and they have dirt n worms available via roomservice - rockin!)

#18 User is offline   TheLadyRaven 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 4134

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:31 AM

Ha!!! ^^ Really, it's alright. XP I'm doing the same... keeping in mind to check at least once a day now since it's getting so close. XP And with this semester of college, that's what I've been living on.

#19 User is offline   Wolftin 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6866

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:23 AM

Question about the hotel (Cause i'm to lazy to go and try and find the site and look it up myself). Do they have rooms with kitchenets(spelling?)? You know the mini-kitchens in them. I have a group for this comeign year but we really want to do our cooking (read: my cooking) and not have to buy food out on the con or fast food (fast food+3 days= O SWEET LORD NO!!).
If you see some one anywhere named Wolftin, 99% sure it is me :D
Soldier of the Glomp Team
A member of the glomp team's Glomp Wolf Duo *wolfglomps you*

#20 User is offline   wolverine33 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 582

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:54 PM

I do that as well, i set a side some money per check for acen and when
it gets here i have some $$$$ for it :D

Later:cool:

#21 Guest_Narumi-kun_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:55 PM

Wolftin said:

Question about the hotel (Cause i'm to lazy to go and try and find the site and look it up myself).  Do they have rooms with kitchenets(spelling?)?  You know the mini-kitchens in them.  I have a group for this comeign year but we really want to do our cooking (read: my cooking) and not have to buy food out on the con or fast food (fast food+3 days= O SWEET LORD NO!!).

If I'm not mistaken, they are only in the Suites whic are uber expensive... Id say go on a diet now so you can regain the weight that you will eating fast food for 3 days, worth the money time and effort lol xP ^_^

#22 User is offline   Cuddles116 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 7378

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:36 PM

Narumi-kun said:

If I'm not mistaken, they are only in the Suites whic are uber expensive... Id say go on a diet now so you can regain the weight that you will eating fast food for 3 days, worth the money time and effort lol xP ^_^

Just bring a cooler with food in it, ice is free...and hoarding ice is fun...and I will be doing it next year lol.

Basic needs after utensils
Bread...pita bread is cooler lol it's like having an edible plate and you can stuff so much into it.
Mayo
Unsalted Saltines
Salad Dressings

Some no cook suggestions

Tuna (in bags not in cans...draining the cans will make your room smell funky lol)
Salad and all the extras that you could chop at home, curry, chicken, taco etc.
Most sandwiches (ham, turkey etc.)
And finally PB&J sandwiches with bananas of course =)

Speaking of bananas don't forget fruits, throw together a fresh fruit salad for breakfast =)

You can also bring trail mix and granola

Hot food
Ramen...that's what the coffee maker is for lol
You can get pad thai and a whole bunch of just add hot water at most food stores and like Walgreens.
Oh and mac and chesse lol.

Not that this is better than fast food persay but atleast it would be hot.

See you don't need a kitchen to survive Acen without nasty McDonalds

(If you remember over night put a fresh batch of ice in the cooler and add some water and salt to the ice :make sure all your food is wrapped well or in tupperware...god's gift to people lol: so that it will be extra cold and actually make it through the night)
JenFur
Toxic Kiwi Wig/Prop Commissions
Anime Central 2011
. . Fri - Scanty (w/ Brief)- Panty & Stocking
. . Sat - Panty (w/ Brief)- Panty & StockingHalloween 2011 - Alice - Resident Evil Afterlife
Pictures - ACEN Aftershock, ACEN 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, Reactor 2009, 2007, [size=2]2006

#23 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 974

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:56 PM

We will wait very patiently. I'm actually getting a room this year so I am VERY interested in when the dates are released. Although it should be noted for newbies hotel rates are typically LATE october-early december when we do find out. So just start saving up and have that one credit card ready to make the reservation.
~Ri-chan
ACen 2013-2014: Customer Service

2013 Cosplay: Team Aqua Grunt (100%), Fluttershy Sweet Lolita (95%)

#24 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:13 AM

I know that some rooms do have small Kitchenetts. But mostly they are the suites. If you do have a bigger group of 6-8+ people spliting the cost of the suite might be cheaper then getting two double rooms, plus then you could get the kitchenett.
Though Cuddles did have some very good food ideas, and it looks like they have done it before and found everything to work out ok.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#25 User is offline   [ZW]CharAznable 

• Pip
  • Group: Validating
  • Member No.: 595

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:36 PM

When they do announce the rates will they state the prices for suites as well? Or do those prices not change?
Sieg Zeon!

#26 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 974

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:41 PM

I feel I need to say something about stuffing a ton of people into a suite. I know tons of people that have done suites with up to 9 or more. Remember there is only so much bed space and keep in mind with the stuff everyone will have and a chance of people being in and out all hours of the night and day. Just thought I'd give a warning to those of you who have yet to do a suite, but it does work for most with the right planning.:D

Rates will not be related until the hyatt gets back to the operators.
~Ri-chan
ACen 2013-2014: Customer Service

2013 Cosplay: Team Aqua Grunt (100%), Fluttershy Sweet Lolita (95%)

#27 User is offline   bondkira 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3218

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:00 PM

me and my friend already reserved a room and the Hyatt hotel this month. i think the raters are $124... we tried to reserved from Friday but they said the room is already full from Friday so we decided to take a room from Thursday. and yes, we mentioned about the ACEN and we got $124 per night. i thought we did it too early but we were able to do it and they already knew about ACEN, so... why not reserve early?? ^_^

#28 User is offline   longsii 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 4923

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:23 PM

The reason for that is that 124 was last years rate, and they are simply giving it to you for the 2006 rate. The point of that is that you are going to have to call back and rework everything with them after the rates are released. That's why we always wait until the rates are released for the up coming ACEN.
<span style='color:"Red"'>Leader of the Cat-boy alliance</span>
Currently looking for fangirls for cuddling.
"You know.... biting makes me shiver."-me
"If you bite me. I bite back... but then I cuddle and lick and kiss...maybe I'm a bit fluffy." - me
"Me?? oh... Think cute cuddly playful cat-boy plus Alucard from Hellsing or Sephy...or if you must D. Yeah... I'm that awesome."-me
"Sometimes the lightest touches can torment more than the harshest whip. Don't believe me? Try me." -me
-snuggles with Soubi and Kio plushies- .... -loooks around quickly- I'M NOT GAY!!!

#29 User is offline   bondkira 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3218

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:30 AM

longsii said:

The reason for that is that 124 was last years rate, and they are simply giving it to you for the 2006 rate.  The point of that is that you are going to have to call back and rework everything with them after the rates are released.  That's why we always wait until the rates are released for the up coming ACEN.

ooh i see... i gotta tell my friend about that then... do you think we will lose our room or just the price for the room is going to change??

#30 User is offline   Nina_Chan 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4140

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:45 AM

Cuddles116 said:

Just bring a cooler with food in it, ice is free...and hoarding ice is fun...and I will be doing it next year lol.

Basic needs after utensils
Bread...pita bread is cooler lol it's like having an edible plate and you can stuff so much into it.
Mayo
Unsalted Saltines
Salad Dressings

Some no cook suggestions

Tuna (in bags not in cans...draining the cans will make your room smell funky lol)
Salad and all the extras that you could chop at home, curry, chicken, taco etc.
Most sandwiches (ham, turkey etc.)
And finally PB&J sandwiches with bananas of course =)

Speaking of bananas don't forget fruits, throw together a fresh fruit salad for breakfast =)

You can also bring trail mix and granola

Hot food
Ramen...that's what the coffee maker is for lol
You can get pad thai and a whole bunch of just add hot water at most food stores and like Walgreens.  
Oh and mac and chesse lol.

Not that this is better than fast food persay but atleast it would be hot.

See you don't need a kitchen to survive Acen without nasty McDonalds

(If you remember over night put a fresh batch of ice in the cooler and add some water and salt to the ice :make sure all your food is wrapped well or in tupperware...god's gift to people lol: so that it will be extra cold and actually make it through the night)

This is VERY true....we get a normal double bed room and bring ALL the essentials, including a microwave! Granted I have a van that will tow all this crap back and forth, but it makes it a very comfortable time. I even attempted to bring the sewing machine this year...Worked out well. :sweatdrop
"Don't take for granted the little things you thought would always be there."

"Hah! Sanity! What would I do with something as useless as that? Lucky for me I never had any such thing!" -Kenpachi from Bleach

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users