Anime Central Forums: Official Arcade Announcement: Big News 4/29/06 - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Official Arcade Announcement: Big News 4/29/06

#31 User is offline   RustyNail987 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 388

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:13 AM

I read about half that before I got bored. Whoever got Dance Maniax is a mother ****ing pimp.

#32 User is offline   izy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 6510

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:02 PM

i have read through most of the arguments and i will say they are sound ones however having never been to ACEN before can someoneexplain to me how gaming works i understand the arcade set up but the console room is where i am confused if someone could explain that to me i would be very happy lol.

as far as the fighting games are concerned, i know that often the console version is prefered by gamers however when a contract is reached between ACEN and Nickle City then there really is no room to complain, as for next year however if ACEN staff is willing to hear the suggestions of the gamers at the con then they should poll them and see what they wish to have in the arcade room, that way when it comes time to get the games from Nickle city there is less guess work. i agree that unless you are a person who is into a fighting style game you cannot accuratly predict what they want however that is true for all gameing styles. i dont mind the arcade set up. i realize that it is extra money to pay for games available on console however there is a different experience when playing on the Cabs. all of the arcades in my area have closed and i have not been to one in a while and the opportunity to play on cabs again is not that bad. yes they are available for free on consoles but then you can make the argument of having videogames at the con at all if we switch all games over to console then or in this case all the fighting games then all of the people who play those games might as well not game at the con because they can play at home. keeping the games on cabs means that playing them that way requires being at the con for it. if you are truely heartset on it bring a system and play in ur room. im not saying that the gameing staff for ACEN cant make a few changes but compalining over and over again is not the way to do it. they have a lot to do in prep for the con, if ther are games you do or dont want in the arcade room then thats fine and ACEN staff should have some kind of form to file those requests for im not sure if they do but haveing such a thing and listening to the advice of the gamers is a good way to make more people happy. though remember with the thousands of people attending ACEN there is no way that everyone will get exactly what they want. if you see a game you dont like just dont play it if noone plays the consoles eventually they will lose profit and the staff wouldnt bring back games if they dont get played. there is a lot of work put into this con and the staff is busy enough as it is and do not need to be bombarded with complaints from every person with an issue, i agree that he few of us on the forum represent the majority of the gamers and con goers out there but that doesnt mean that our individual opinions are completely shared with everyone.
close the world,txen eht nepo

BEWARE THE NEO-AMISH!

#33 User is offline   DaviKaze 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 2180

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:19 PM

Shiroikaze said:

What I don't understand is why can't we just leave games like Guilty Gear and Tekken to console play entirely and just borrow DDR, Initial D, PIU, Para Para, etc. from Nickel City?

'nuff said.

Also - there'll be flyers up and around for a GG/ room party. Check.. where flyers exist.
My bologna has a first name. It's L-O-C-K DOWN.
My blologna has a second name. It's R-U-S-H DOWN.
I love to do it constantly and if you ask me why, let's see...
'Cause DaviKaze has a way with O-K-I-Z-E-M-E

#34 User is offline   Jang Hee Joon 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5162

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:32 PM

Man, and here I was hoping to bring Tekken 5 and GGXX with me so I can play them with a friend of mine who's coming with me. I haven't been to ACen in three years and that's quite a change from the last time I went. Well, I'll be sure to bring in KoF 00/01/02/03 with me, along with a few other fighters. Too bad my PS1 memory card isn't detected on my PS2, 'cause I'd bring in some older fighters, too. :(

#35 User is offline   sinfinity 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4643

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:36 PM

izy said:

i have read through most of the arguments and i will say they are sound ones however having never been to ACEN before can someoneexplain to me how gaming works i understand the arcade set up but the console room is where i am confused if someone could explain that to me i would be very happy lol.

Well welcome to ACen, first of all. (:

The arcade setup is straight forward, as is the console setup. We have about 15 TVs, each of which has a PS2, XBOX, or GameCube...evenly distributed. Depending on the amount of TVs we do end up with, we'll have an open play section, which means those people who have systems that they bring with can plaly their own games whenever they want. [This is, of course, restricted to games not represented in the arcade...as I'm sure you've read.] The consoles we provide, we also provide games for. These are able to be switched at any time, just ask a staffer, and if we have the game we'll be happy to put it in.

We do run different tournaments on console, most of them actually, and so during that time it's entirely possible that all XBOXs [for example] may be used during a certain tournament [like Halo2]. That's only in order to move the tourneys a bit quicker. Of course we ask that you be respectful to the equipment and to the staff if you're asked to change TVs, systems, seats, games...anything like that.

That's basically it to console gaming!
Have fun, hope you enjoy the game room!

#36 User is offline   Rob 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 2107

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:30 PM

zaps00 said:

So do I please the few, or please the masses? I please the masses.

That's an honest mistake; I can accept that. Apparently you don't frequent the gaming scene, which is understandable. As I saw mentioned it might be best for you to run a survey inquiring about Console vs. Cab for fighters. It doesn't even need to be on hard copies, really. You could simply ask around at the various tourneys. Hell, get on the mega and have a show-of-hands elementary style.

We both feel we know what the majority wants, obviously one of us is wrong. Considering your position on the con staff it may be worth your time to investigate the matter a bit. As I stated earlier, it's your game room. I'd just honestly like to see it improve.

It'd be awesome if next time I came this business was figured out so I didn't have to re-repeat myself, nah mean? :D

Good job, otherwise. Got nothin' on D-Pat, though. Damn right, I said it.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users