The Midwest Animation Promotion Society (MAPS) would like to share some information about our annual scholarship program:
Each year MAPS awards $9000 in four scholarships to students in our community who appreciate our mission to help them follow their passions! A first prize of $3000 and a second prize of $1500 are available for full time college students majoring in each of the following studies: The Rider Scholarship for Japanese Language, Literature and Asian Studies and the M.A.P.S. scholarship for Illustration and Animation.
- Applications for these scholarships are evaluated based upon the following criteria: Academic Achievement – The candidate must have demonstrated exceptional academic ability.
- Essay – A short essay in which you describe why you should be the recipient of a MAPS Scholarship and why you chose your course of study.
- Faculty Recommendation – Provide one letter of recommendation from a faculty member familiar with your work.
- Portfolio – For the Illustration & Animation Scholarship to showcase a small selection of your work.
- The application and additional details on requirements and how to apply for one of our scholarships can be found by following the link below.
This year’s application deadline is May 31st. Best of Luck!