The AMV contest for Anime Central 2017 is open for entries! We’re accepting entries for comedy, drama, action, horror, and freestyle categories. You may submit up to five entries, so long as they are for different categories. There will be prizes given for the best video in each category, as well as for Best in Show and runner-up.
Basic Entry Requirements:
• Entries sent to previous Anime Central competitions are not eligible.
Mail entries will be accepted starting February 14th, 2017.
All entries must be in the hands of the contest coordinators by May 12th, 2017.
Contest Categories available: Action, Comedy, Drama, Horror, and Freestyle.
• Entries may not contain bumpers, title screens, or credits. ACen staff will add uniform credits to all entries. Under some circumstances creator generated credits will be allowed if they are built into the video, a required part of it, and cannot be removed. This creative use of entrant embedded credits will be judged at our discretion.
• 50% of the video must contain anime footage.
a. Entries may be disqualified for the following reasons:
Objectionable content of video or lyrics. (Objectionable content includes excessive profanity, excessive violence, or sexually explicit footage or lyrics. If you are not sure if the above rule means your entry will be disqualified e-mail amv-departmenthead@ACen.org and we can view the content in question and make a decision.)
b. Bad audio or video quality.
c. Failure to adhere to the contest rules.
• By submitting your video to this contest you authorize Anime Central staff to screen and distribute it under the Anime Central Music Video Contest title.
• Any physical media that entries are submitted on becomes the property of Anime Central and will not be returned.
• There is a limit of one entry per category per creator.
• Entrants must supply a working e-mail address with each submission. If you do not supply an e-mail address you will be disqualified.
• All entries should supply a mailing address.
• Anime Central staff reserves the right to disqualify entries for any reason they see necessary to protect the overall quality and integrity of the program.
• In the event of low submission turnout, winners may be determined by overall ranking instead of by category.
• Information about this year’s AMV contest, AMV programming, and other related topics can be found and discussed on our forum, Facebook page and website. If your questions do not specifically involve your own videos content please direct all questions to the forum first. This same question may be shared by multiple people and may have already been answered. (Find our Facebook page athttps://www.facebook.com/AnimeMusicVide … meCentral/
File Format Requirements:
• Entries must be in a video format playable by VLC media player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html)
• Videos may be submitted either via e-mail or on physical media. Entries on physical media should contain only the entry, and may be sent on CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
• Your file name should contain its genre (for contest purposes), your name, and the title of your video, in that order. Studio names, if used, must be placed in brackets between your name and the title. You must follow this format. (Example: GENRE – Artist – [Artist Studio] – Title.file extension)
• All entries must have 1 second of black before the video starts and after it ends.
• Video resolution should be no higher than 1920 x 1080 and no lower than 1280 x 720.
Entry Submission Instructions:
Mail & Online Entries:
E-mail your information to firstname.lastname@example.org, even if you have included the information with a physical entry.
Package your media carefully in appropriate mailers. Optical media in standard jewel cases can easily break off a hub during shipping.
Mail Entries should be sent to: Gary and Doug Adkins ATTN: ACEN 2017 908 Warren Street Davenport, Iowa 52804
Perform quality control on your entries and read the FAQ post on our forum before mailing or uploading your entries. We will make every effort to view your submission, but reserve the right to request re-submission or disqualify the entry in the case of an unreadable format.