Anime Central Panel Programming Hours
|Panels Main Office: Donald E. Stephens Convention Center; Coat Check Area|
|Friday||8:00am – 4:00am|
|Saturday||8:00am – 4:00am|
|Sunday||8:00am – 4:00pm|
Our 20th anniversary saw another amazing line up of panels for attendees to enjoy. From Kit’s Birthday and Pokémon Bingo in the Children’s Programming Room to archery, cosplay and writing tips for all ages to all sorts of late night entertainment for our 18 and over crowd!
Please submit your ideas for ACen 2018! We are always looking to increase our educational panels offerings. If you want to run a panel but are struggling to come up with an idea, please consider one of the topics listed here;
- Japanese – Spoken
- Japanese – Written
- Art in Japan
- Gaming Trends in Japan vs US
- Flora/Fauna of Japan
- History of Japan (overall or a specific time period, event or individual)
- Popular Music in Japan
- Popular Films in Japan
We were very excited to see Children’s Programming have such an amazing reception in 2017! From the craft panels to the Children’s Costume Parade, we had a lot of new experiences and even more fun! We are very excited to continue growing our programming for the younger generation of fans that join us each year. For the 2018 convention we want to bring an even wider variety of programming for our 14 and under attendees. The Children’s Costume Parade a hit yet again and will be back again as well with Kit to lead the way! If you have an idea for something that you feel our 14 and under crowd would enjoy learning about Japan or Anime please submit your ideas through our Panel Application and make sure to indicate that it’s a Children’s Programming panel! If you would like to host a Children’s panel but are struggling to come up with an idea, please consider one of the topics listed here;
- Japanese Children’s Games
- Japanese Language For Kids
- Japanese Art Project
- History of Japan for Kids
- Flora/Fauna of Japan
- Children’s Stories from Japan
- CosPlay Tutorials for Kids
Children’s Space Guidelines
- Children age 14 and under may participate in Children’s Programming activities and events.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult (no more than 4 children to an adult).
- Children left unattended will be turned over to the Rosemont Police for parents to be contacted.
- Adults may assist the children they accompany with the activities they wish to participate in but may not create their own. This is to allow for more children to participate and avoid a shortage in activities through the weekend.
- No cursing, inappropriate conversations, rude behavior will be tolerated.
- Adults not maintaining control over the children they are accompanying will be asked to remove themselves and the children they accompany from the Children’s Programming space.