Anime Central Forums: Who wants a hookup?? Acen dating service! - Anime Central Forums

• 491 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who wants a hookup?? Acen dating service!

#121 User is offline   drlang 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3399

Posted 22 April 2005 - 02:46 PM

NappyJin said:

BLOW YOUR SPEAKERS!!!
Oh thats it. In goes the CDs.

#122 User is offline   GameOn 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 4112

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:34 PM

Surely your taking this thread way off topic if you want to talk about the so called music genre of metal, can you at least do it in a thread on it's own? :sweatdrop:
A couple of cookies and $200 to anyone that cosplays Arle Nadja in a reasonable way. ^_^;

#123 User is offline   NappyJin 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3257

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:08 PM

GameOn said:

Surely your taking this thread way off topic if you want to talk about the so called music genre of metal, can you at least do it in a thread on it's own? :sweatdrop:

I blinded you with science...

:D :confused: :( :eek: :heart:

#124 User is offline   El Chupacabra 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3899

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:39 PM

Tries the gambit please be nice haha

Name: Christian
Local: Indiana Korn fields that is
Anime: Intresting series currently ?
Least Anime: ???
Bio: Myself well looking for a nice gal that likes fun and silly random spur of the moment type things that involve boxes and stairs. *i sucks at elaborating on my stuff* Pretty good with comps so thats a plus i think? Nice all around guy and pretty intresting if you take the time to know me. Hispanic if you cant tell by my forum name and yes ladies for a limted time only he can speak spanish for you!!! ;) See myself as a honest shy guy and i hope that appeals to someone? *echoes*

Talent: Handy with comps and has ways of making you laugh and darn tooting i can do pretty good voices. *Should really try to be a voice actor since he is Stich*

Type of guy: Umm funny, werid, sweet heart, little brother?, and can he put in kinky? yes he does folks buy him now!!! Abit of a gamer especially fighters and such. *cue those negative points from judges*

Contacts: yahoo-greyfoxx2002 email: animefan_46312@yahoo.com At ACEN will be Ginji form Getbackers and yeah try to stop my voulunteering behind :P

#125 User is offline   Ryu-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3107

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:27 AM

GameOn said:

your very right...gomen!!
"You shot me, You food now"
:confused: They just want justice, peace, recreation, entertainment, morality, family values, and the obliteration of all other life forms
The art of flying is a skill based on missing the ground accidentaly.
*Misses his 4k+ post count*

#126 User is offline   Marisca4 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3619

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:50 AM

Ryu-Chan said:

Just wondering if that means you will be in Iowa City?

Yep, I will be in Iowa City. I'm moving there at the end of May. I actually got my undergrad degree from U of I, so it will be nice living in Iowa City again. ^_^
*~ *~ Trisha ~ *~ *

#127 User is offline   samurai745 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 4332

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:51 PM

I want a lady friend!

#128 User is offline   [AN]The_Stuff 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 140

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:22 AM

Name(or name you will answer to): Dean or Stuff
REAL LOCATION: Estevan Saskatchewan Canada
Favorite anime: currently negima
least favorite anime: jubei ninja girl [annoyed the heck outta me]
what kind of girl/guy you're looking for: looking for straight girl .. and has to be fun and understanding ... iq of average or better :P
how we can contact you if interested: IM or PM
name a talent you have (KEEP. IT. G. RATED!!!) : i drive anything and everyting i can .. and i have the licence to do it ^_^
a SMALL bio about yourself: i live in estevan sask .. i have an exstreamly easy job and i am an anime addict :( i am really tall and kinda big .. around 6'6" and lets just say i take size 15-16 shoes :P
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."
Posted Image
1992 Toyota LiteAce RHD, 2.0L Diesel

#129 User is offline   LILITH/KALIKA 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 4144

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:47 PM

Just curious, but how many of you have gotten any responses from this?

I also haven't.
Proud member of THE RADICAL DREAMERS

#130 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:50 PM

LILITH/KALIKA said:

For me.......NONE!..... oh well....
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#131 User is offline   Marisca4 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3619

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:09 PM

LILITH/KALIKA said:

I was curious about that too. Anyone?
*~ *~ Trisha ~ *~ *

#132 User is offline   mangamanx6 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 3307

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:57 PM

not me!!! i never got a responce yet (at least from what i know) but im still waiting!! :P
Im Honored To BeThe worlds first Goth Jedi
Proud to be a demi-human
Proud to Be A Member of the Ultimate Yaoi Fangirl (And Fanboy!) Alliance! :D :sweatdrop
Leader of the Radical Dreamers!!!!! :heart: :heart:
Im A Hugaholic Member!!!!!

Weapons Researcher of the 2nd Army!

#133 User is offline   Shiroikaze 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 4088

Posted 25 April 2005 - 04:51 PM

Any lack of responses is obviously caused by the "law of numbers". Look, many more males have posted "profiles" than females, so therefore - us males are less likely to get responses in general. Though showing any significant amount of interest in someone based on a 1-2 paragraph forum post really wouldn't make sense anyway. This thread is cool because it lets you see what kinds of people are going to be at the con that wouldn't be against meeting new people - but that's basically about all it's good for. :D
僕は僕のことが知りたい。。。

#134 User is offline   BeatnutZ 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 2345

Posted 25 April 2005 - 10:21 PM

LILITH/KALIKA said:

I sent a few out but never got a reply (I'm mostly trying to meet some new people, only know like 5 that are going to the con). So, guy, girl, whatever, if you would like to get to know me, just pm or im me.
"God is an image created out of man's insecurities."- Wiegraf

www.myspace.com/mrbeatnutz

#135 User is offline   lazerflesh 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 527

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:08 PM

I think you guys need to stop taking this thread so seriously.
Lulz is a CORRUPTION of the internet word L.O.L.

#136 User is offline   NuRonin 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3529

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:50 AM

yeah, i didnt think it would last this long.

#137 User is offline   Ryu-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:32 AM

Marisca4 said:

Yep, I will be in Iowa City.   I'm moving there at the end of May.  I actually got my undergrad degree from U of I, so it will be nice living in Iowa City again.  ^_^

I was a huge pedrat there in Iowa City. i have some really close friends there :)
:confused: They just want justice, peace, recreation, entertainment, morality, family values, and the obliteration of all other life forms

#138 User is offline   Ryu-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:36 AM

LILITH/KALIKA said:

I also haven't.

Gomen for double post.

i would say between balance of how serious to take this, or what to get out of it, i have this to say. i know there are a couple in here i would respond to, but how would that be taken? would you look at a response and say, "are you serious?" i mean...i know i would feel a bit foolish myself. But then again, what were you were expecting as a response. Anyway, I suppose, this is just me over analyzing.

#139 User is offline   GenericDreamers 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 586

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:47 AM

name(or name you will answer to): Joseph

REAL LOCATION: Madison, WI

Favorite anime: So many good ones... Azumanga Daioh, Eva, Hellsing, Mahoromatic, and Ruroni Kenshin... can't quite choose. Basically anything thats still fresh after 20-something episodes. Anything with a good blend of action, comedy, drama and, ahem, fan service.

least favorite anime: Umm... Something that blows... Gaisaraki. I dont have anything that sticks out for this either, but that's a contender.

what kind of girl/guy you're looking for (NOTHING SHALLOW LIKE "I want a hot girl with a huge chest! >_<) :
A hot girl with a hu- oh wait, damn. Well besides that... An honest, kind, and supportive girl who, like my favorite anime, has a sense of sponaneity, but someone who also shows responsibility. Someone who can live for the moment but has an ideal future she works toward.

how we can contact you if interested: AIM: GZShoota, Email: thespook@hotmail.com, or a Forum PM

name a talent you have (KEEP. IT. G. RATED!!!) : Digital Art. The link below goes to my site with a gallery. Tho some of it is more PG

a SMALL bio about yourself :
Right now I'm a month away from graduating with a Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering. With that out of the way I'll pursue my career options, working on my digital art until i get recognised, brushing up on my Japanese, hoping for a chance to go there, and maybe looking for a good job thatll get the billz paid. I work nights at a homeless shelter for the mentally ill (not as hectic as you'd think), which pays alright for a job where I dont do much, though I'll hafta look for something better someday.

anything else: Trying to get my own webcomic/art site moving foward. I'll have the time to get it in gear maybe after ACen.
ACEN 2011 PHOTOS
My personal site
My Deviantart
MySpace
Facebook

2010 Costumes
Ronove (Umineko) || Kamui Gackpo - Magnet ver. (Vocaloid) || Grave Robber (Repo!) || Brief (Panty & Stocking)

#140 User is offline   drlang 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3399

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:35 PM

Ryu-Chan said:

Gomen for double post.

i would say between balance of how serious to take this, or what to get out of it, i have this to say.  i know there are a couple in here i would respond to, but how would that be taken?  would you look at a response and say, "are you serious?"  i mean...i know i would feel a bit foolish myself.  But then again, what were you were expecting as a response.  Anyway, I suppose, this is just me over analyzing.
Hey I'm all for a serious inquiry. If nothing else, it might get me a date at acen :D And that's good enough for me.

#141 User is offline   LILITH/KALIKA 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 4144

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:03 PM

Ryu-Chan said:

i would say between balance of how serious to take this, or what to get out of it, i have this to say.  i know there are a couple in here i would respond to, but how would that be taken?  would you look at a response and say, "are you serious?"  i mean...i know i would feel a bit foolish myself.  But then again, what were you were expecting as a response.  Anyway, I suppose, this is just me over analyzing.

I don't mind that I haven't gotten any responses. I was just wondering if anyone had made plans as a result of this thread to meetup/hangout at acen. Me being very new to everything and also being from a different state, I was hoping that if I posted here, I would hear from others that share the same interests as me, and possibly set a meetup. I don't really take this as a date thread so much as a meet new people thread.
Proud member of THE RADICAL DREAMERS

#142 User is offline   Roninanime 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 639

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:15 PM

Hello,

I just wanted to let everyone know that if you are thinking of throwing a party or having a late night entertainment event in your room(s) There is a section of the Hyatt that has been set aside for those hosting parties or entertaining.

Anyone Interested in hosting a party, being in the area where late night entertainment will be taking place or who can tolerate traffic and noise until early in the morning are encouraged to join this "party Block". To be included in this "fun" area of the hotel please forward your information by private mail through the forums or email me at roninanime@yahoo.com with your confirmation number(s), nights you will be staying at the Hyatt, Name your room is booked under, and king or double room designation.

The layout for "Party Block 2005" will be the same as last year. The entertainment district will be behind the elevators at the rear of the hotel. Unfortunately, because the rooms are grouped together in the Executive wing there are few rooms that connect and I cannot guarantee a smoking or non-smoking room, although those preferences will be noted in your original reservation. Also, double rooms will be assigned based on original order of reservation. Many of you know from past years that the Hyatt doesn't guarantee double rooms after a certain point. I will say that most of the rooms in the executive wing are doubles so your chances of getting one are at least as good if not better than the atrium of the hotel.

Those interested need to get there information to us quickly as possible, the final list will go to the Hyatt next week. Our deadline has been extended until May 6th due to the delays with staff.

I will post a list of room reservation names on Thursday the 5th, so check back and let everyone that might have an interest in being by the entertainment know we have a tight deadline. Hope to see everyone at the get-togethers this year.

PS
For additional information on the block please check out the original party block thread.
http://www.acen.org/...read.php?t=3028

#143 User is offline   bob-san 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 210

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:12 PM

Never thought I'd actually do something like this. But......what the hell. ^_^
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name(or name you will answer to): Robert, Bob, Bob-san, Hey You!

Real Location: Madison, WI

Favorite Anime: Just about anything. My absolutes would have to be Onegai Teacher and Most of the Tenchi Muyo series. I tend to gravitate more towards romantic comedy types.

Least Favorite Anime: While I tend to enjoy most animes, things like Pokemon and similar shows do not interest me in the least.

What kind of girl/guy you're looking for (NOTHING SHALLOW LIKE "I want a hot girl with a huge chest! >_<) : Someone who can respect me for who I am and not want to change me for their benefit. Someone who respects themselves both physically and mentally and takes care of themselves just the same. I'm not looking for someone who sits around all day and pigs out (For lack of better terminology)

How we can contact you if interested: Either PM me here or email at jubei_ishikawa@yahoo.com

Name a talent you have (KEEP. IT. G. RATED!!!) : I consider myself a halfway decent writer (As seen in my web comic linked below). Plus, useless as it is, I'm somewhat decent at accents.

A SMALL bio about yourself (try to be specific...dont be like: "i like cars and movies and games....and manga" O_o what KIND??? duuuh!) : I work as a Customer Service Rep right now for a credit card company (with hopes of moving to a new dept). not exciting but it pays. Otherwise, I"m your standard, loveable, anime loving, role-playing geek. I also enjoy attending Ren Fairs and even dressing the part when I can.

Anything else: Only if ya have questions ^_^
Kanpai! Celebrate Otakudom! - My Anime Blog

Have you Glomped your No Face today? - He's Got Soap!

#144 User is offline   hemothymia 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 4312

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:38 PM

Reposting cause I'm changing things. and boredom has consumed me.

name: Chris , hey *******

REAL LOCATION: dead moines, IA

Favorite anime: Evangelion / FLCL

least favorite anime: ...yu-gi-oh if you can even consider it anime

what kind of girl/guy you're looking for: a cute, smart girl with a sense of
humor and spontainuity(sp?)

how we can contact you if interested: 515-720-2145 AIM ehtnisbaabsinthe
Y! hemothymia

name a talent you have: Artist, BMX, drums, massage (woot)

a SMALL bio about yourself : I work at a custom paint shop airbrushing
choppers and musclecars and such im straight, very into massage and auromatherapy, i love EGL, I ride BMX, ill hopefully have an artist alley table(I got half of one!! yesss)

anything else: im cooler than all of your friends, except for that guy. he's dope. But I like better music.

AcidBath, Type O Negative, NIN, DimmuBorgir, Old Mans Child, Emperor, KAtaklysm, MSI, Dillinger escape plan, American Headcharge, MyChemicalRomance, Radiohead, Bjork.

PIC
[img=http://img160.echo.cx/img160/2227/a1da3sb.th.jpg]

Holla

#145 Guest_DarkCat_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:16 PM

I may be new to the boards but why not. Posted Image

name(or name you will answer to): Jake
REAL LOCATION: Northwest Indiana (Valparaiso)
Favorite anime: Naruto, FLCL, Azumanga Daioh..anything that's crazy/has humor.
what kind of girl/guy you're looking for: Anyone who can tolerate me? Posted Image
how we can contact you if interested: jakevn
name a talent you have (KEEP. IT. G. RATED!!!): Sleeping while sitting up. Posted Image
a SMALL bio about yourself: Two words that would basically sum up who I am: shy & insane. I play lots of video games, sleep, and drink Diet Coke constantly. I value a strange sense of humor and laziness. :sweatdrop Anyways..I'm up for meeting new people. I'm too shy to make lots of friends so I rely on the internet to express myself. Check for my LinkedIn profile though! Posted Image

#146 User is offline   Ryu-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:32 PM

LILITH/KALIKA said:

I don't mind that I haven't gotten any responses. I was just wondering if anyone had made plans as a result of this thread to meetup/hangout at acen. Me being very new to everything and also being from a different state, I was hoping that if I posted here, I would hear from others that share the same interests as me, and possibly set a meetup. I don't really take this as a date thread so much as a meet new people thread.

tell you what, im lookign forward to meeting you...you seem pretty damn cool in my book.

#147 User is offline   Blitz 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 245

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:00 AM

Well there is www.otakubooty.com which is a nice site..don't be afraid yes it does cost money but not that much it figures out to about 3.00 a month depending on what type of account you want. There is a "free section" where you can still use the site but can't get into a couple of things....we just started with a new invite system, each month a member gets 4 free invites which allows the invited person FULL membership access for 1 month. I have four I can give away right now, so email me or PM me and I can set you up. Its first come first serve though...I'll get four more in a month ( May 28ish) and I can't bank these so

#148 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3093

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:20 AM

Yeah but limiting to only homosexual results was broken when I tired. Nothing worse than looking for a boyfriend and seeing 3 pages worth of people and only one is even bi, the rest are straight...
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#149 User is offline   lazerflesh 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 527

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:33 AM

http://otakubooty.bootyproject.org/otaku_p...?id_member=1621

Blitz said:

Well there is www.otakubooty.com which is a nice site..don't be afraid yes it does cost money but not that much it figures out to about 3.00 a month depending on what type of account you want. There is a "free section" where you can still use the site but can't get into a couple of things....we just started with a new invite system, each month a member gets 4 free invites which allows the invited person FULL membership access for 1 month. I have four I can give away right now, so email me or PM me and I can set you up. Its first come first serve though...I'll get four more in a month ( May 28ish) and I can't bank these so
Who are you ;) :P

And I never knew about this. Sounds fun... and the problem that that I have with ob, is that most of the people there are on the west coast. I have better luck with the girls on this forum.
Lulz is a CORRUPTION of the internet word L.O.L.

#150 User is offline   [AN]The_Stuff 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 140

Posted 29 April 2005 - 08:28 AM

wow .. lazer has grown up over the last year since i last saw him
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."
Posted Image
1992 Toyota LiteAce RHD, 2.0L Diesel

• 491 Pages +
  • « First