DDR Extreme PS2

#61 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 05 January 2005 - 05:20 PM

Also: To each their own.

If people prefer the DDR version, sweet. If people prefer Beatmania, more power to 'em. But no one should go bashing another just because they have a different opinion on what version they like more. It's inconsiderate and downright rude.

#62 Guest_Narumi-kun_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:28 PM

true true...... :(

#63 User is offline   Ranma444 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 217

Posted 06 January 2005 - 10:59 PM

Saphrinka said:

Also:  To each their own.  

If people prefer the DDR version, sweet.  If people prefer Beatmania, more power to 'em.  But no one should go bashing another just because they have a different opinion on what version they like more.  It's inconsiderate and downright rude.

thank you...no matter what everyone is gonna have their own taste in something, and i dont think you can say "sakura for so and so is better" cause others will disagree no matter what you say...so everyone as their own opinion, dont say that they are wrong...unless they are ahmed, then he is always wrong, bwahahaha

#64 User is offline   Coollead 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 707

Posted 06 January 2005 - 11:51 PM

Ranma444 said:

thank you...no matter what everyone is gonna have their own taste in something, and i dont think you can say "sakura for so and so is better" cause others will disagree no matter what you say...so everyone as their own opinion, dont say that they are wrong...unless they are ahmed, then he is always wrong, bwahahaha

Sadness =( I'm right...sometimes!

Yay ddr..
MySpace - I am the Grammar Nazi! Fear me, and such.

#65 User is offline   Guardian 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 347

Posted 09 January 2005 - 12:23 PM

Figured I'd throw in another response.

BakaOrochi IS right...DDR has become, more or less, a tool for bragging rights. When I started playing three and a half years ago, this wasn't the case. A good 1/4th of the people who played at the arcade I frequented were freestylers (good or bad, still tried to freestyle), a lot of us played Doubles (and the best there didn't brag in the slightest), and each day was all about having fun. Nowadays, it's nothing but a five-song whoring, speed-mod abusing, bar-raping AAA fest. Heck, I get YELLED at for playing songs like Put Your Faith In Me or I Believe In Miracles or Miracle or anything like that.

So, how does that tie in with the original topic of this thread? Simple. The USA mixes, to me, bring back that simple, original fun that I had when I first got DDR USA for the PSX. That golden, freestyling awesomeness that was felt on 2nd/3rd Mix with Kung Fu Fighting and Get Up And Dance is felt all over again with songs like Days Go By or Move Your Feet. The USA mixes (including Ultramix 1 and 2) always seem to be a throwback to the days when DDR wasn't about what songs you could AAA or how many times you've AAed a 10-footer.

Do I still go for AAAs? Of course. I play DDR in tourneys, I run DDR tourneys here in Dubuque, I'm competitive, and that isn't gonna change. But believe me when I say I have more fun and nostaliga when I'm goofing around on It's Raining Men, or when I threw out that On The Jazz routine for last year's tourney, or when I see steps like JaneJana's come at me just BEGGING for some slides, than I do at ANY point in time when I play Sakura or when I'm trying to AAA some random 7-footer. To me, the USA mixes will always be trying to bring me back to those days...sadly, though, I'm the minority in all of this, and 95% of the other hardcore DDRers would rather just 2x Freckles for their 45th AAA on that song.

So, if any of you old-school DDRers out there are here in this thread...the ones that play the game so that you're out there movin' to the beat, the ones that still feel the need to slide your feet when you play Wonderland, the ones who remember what it was like to play Stomp To My Beat in the arcade...raise your drink with me, 'cause the American mixes haven't forgotten about ya.

#66 User is offline   Ranma444 

• Pip

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:37 PM

Hmm...as an "old-school" DDRer, i cant say i quite agree with you...i started back when my arcade got the solo bass mix that had 6 steps rather than 4, and then once the arcade got rid of that one, it got 3rd mix...so..i've pretty much been playing since then, and am pretty disapointed with the american mixes, ofcourse i'm more partial to j-pop and the such, so i dont quite feel the need to groove to american pop songs...anyways, that just how i feel...i just hate people who dance off the pads behind people that are playing...i couldnt stand that...luckily most people stopped doing that...

#67 User is offline   Guardian 

• Pip

Posted 09 January 2005 - 11:10 PM

[quote name='Ranma444]Hmm...as an "old-school" DDRer' date=' i cant say i quite agree with you...i started back when my arcade got the solo bass mix that had 6 steps rather than 4, and then once the arcade got rid of that one, it got 3rd mix...so..i've pretty much been playing since then, and am pretty disapointed with the american mixes, ofcourse i'm more partial to j-pop and the such, so i dont quite feel the need to groove to american pop songs...[QUOTE']

That's the thing...Japanese lyrics weren't in any DDR songs until 5th Mix with Dive and Sana Molette Ne Ente. (Unless Orion.78 is in Japanese...o_O) Closest thing to it was the Korean (or Corean) pop in 3rd K2 or 4th/4th Plus. And, with Dive in 5th Mix, it was generic worthless paint-by-numbers J-Pop-ish crap. (And Sana Molette Ne Ente is about the girl's boyfriend playing Beatmania...~_~) From 4th (and, heck, the Solo mixes as well) on back, it was a very American/European-based music selection. Closest thing otherwise (besides the K-Pop) was Butterfly or Luv 2 Me. And at least the K-Pop was decent and had attitude. Bu Dam, Face, and Starian owned.

#68 User is offline   Ranma444 

• Pip

Posted 10 January 2005 - 10:35 AM

i didnt really mean that the songs were in japanese, i just meant that the game that japanese people played in japan was available here in the US, sans songs by madona or britney spears(except for that one song in 5th mix -_-) if you enjoy your american mixes, by all means continue doing so, i'm sure most of the american population is happy with it, but as for this one right here, i'm still waiting for a good release, MAX2 was the closest for me...and even then it was still missing some great songs that were on the Japanese release of it...and until DDR gets better, i'll continue enjoying the japanese Taiko no Tatsujin games, and Beatmania.

#69 User is offline   Guardian 

• Pip

Posted 10 January 2005 - 12:58 PM

*chuckles* No no no, I think you're missing my point...the JAPANESE mixes (ya know, the ones directly from Japan) are more AMERICAN and EUROPEAN than people give 'em credit for. Let's recap.

1st/2nd Mix: Tubthumping. Stomp To My Beat. I Believe In Miracles. Dub-I-Dub. Have You Never Been Mellow. Let's Get Down. Smoke. Strictly Business. Kung Fu Fighting. Little Beeyatch (didn't know if there's a swear filter on this site). And more I can't remember.

3rd Mix: Flashdance. Holiday (Madonna cover). Get Up (Before the Night Is Over). Get Up and Dance. The Race. Captain Jack. Dam Dariram. Uh...mind's running a blank on 3rd, but I know there are more.

4th/Extra Mix: Synchronized Love. Night In Motion. Gotcha. And a bunch of stuff I can't remember off the top of my head, but so much of it was American and European. And let's not even get into Solo Bass/2000...of course, this is also where they started throwing in things like Lupin the 3rd and Furuhata's Theme.

5th Mix: Well, this is more Japanese than I thought...considering they're using Dancemania's J-Paradise album (17-sai, Romansu no Kami-sama, Odoru Pompolikin (sp), Hot Limit, etc.). But this is also the mix with the best 2 Unlimited tracks, No Limit and Tribal Dance. And, of course, Rochelle's cover of Oops I Did It Again.

6th: Highs Off U. So Deep. Bye Bye Baby Balloon. Twilight Zone. Let's Groove. TELEPHONE OPERATOR. ORDINARY WORLD. The list goes on and on and on.

7th: Do you even WANT me to start listing them? You know the list.

My point is this: The American mixes throw things on there that probably WOULD have been in the Max era, anyway. Days Go By? Yeah, I'd see that. Sandstorm? You know how long every DDR fanboy wanted that song in DDR? Get Down Tonight? Heh, 'bout time. Heaven? See Sandstorm. Take Me Away, Take It To The Morning Light, Dark Black Forest, Diving, Musik, Move Your Feet...just wow. These all fit the pre-Extreme era (especially the Max era) PERFECTLY.

But, when you look at all the licenses from KoA's games, you know what you don't see? Britney Spears (though Toxic would own). Madonna. Limp Bizkit. Kelly Clarkson. You just see quality, universally good dance music.

I'm done with my rant. Ain't anything personal, I just get tired of people saying how "Japanese" DDR is when, in fact, it's exactly the opposite. Well, pre-8th Mix anyway. When I look at most of the American songlists, I see the Japanese songlists minus the crap like 1,2,3,4,007 or Freckles or (ugh) Waka Laka.

#70 User is offline   Ranma444 

• Pip

Posted 10 January 2005 - 01:58 PM

gah...and yer still missing what i'm saying...i understand that you say DDR is more American etc than people give it credit for, just because the songs are in english. First off, i dont need a recap, i know the songs thanks very much, got every mix list on stepmania, so please save yer witty banter. second, i'm just talking about how i enjoy the JAPANESE MIX (yes yes, the songs are inenglish, i dont care, its still the japanese version) at the arcade much better than the AMERICAN MIX home release. You were talking about the old-school DDRer's to say what they think, and thats what i think, i dont enjoy the american releases of the DDR games. Got a problem with that? its my opinion, and i might have messed up and said "j-pop" sure, i'll give ya that.

if you enjoy "ymca, the reflex, like a virgin, or kids in america" fine, dance to it, as for "freckles and waka laka" i actually enjoy those songs. and for the last time, i'm not saying how Japanese the game is...i'm saying i enjoy the Japanese Mix, got it?

#71 Guest_Narumi-kun_*

• Member No.:

Posted 10 January 2005 - 03:19 PM

Guardian said:

I'm done with my rant.  Ain't anything personal, I just get tired of people saying how "Japanese" DDR is when, in fact, it's exactly the opposite.  Well, pre-8th Mix anyway.  When I look at most of the American songlists, I see the Japanese songlists minus the crap like 1,2,3,4,007 or Freckles or (ugh) Waka Laka.

Those "crap" songs.. that you hate.( which i like.. lol) most people want to see in these USA Mixes

#72 User is offline   june.h 

• Merchandise Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 387

Posted 10 January 2005 - 03:46 PM

OK, this is the 5th time I've had to retype my post, let's see if I can get this working. I'm sorry if I'm incoherent, but I'm getting REALLY pissed off at this, and I just want to get this posted (I hate this computer, and I hate typing from work).

First off:

i know that Beatmania doesnt have steps... whatever... no i dont know what they are called but i know what i am tlaking about... i just feel that Sakura is better for DDR... .. its not really harder though... all you use is your fingers.. but DDR you actually move.. thats makes it harder.. So yes i will knock it thank you .
By this quote alone, you make it blaringly obvious that you have no clue what you're talking about. Have you even played Sakura 7 keys for IIDX? Hell, have you even played IIDX? It's a completely different game. It's like saying you can compare Street Fighter 1 Ryu to Street Fighter Alpha 3 Ryu because they're both fighting games from Capcom with the same characters.

Dont freaking tell me what i do and dont know.. i dont like that... right now you have seriously pissed me off with this post... poeple have their opinions.. and let it be.

OK, I gave a sarcastic opinion about Sakura, and you're the one taking offense. Hey, if you can't someone being critical about opinions, then I'd suggest you stay away from the dangerous thing called "the internet."

I think what poeple are comparing here from Extreme JP and Extreme US is their selection of songs.. to be honest they dont have many of the extreme songs found in the arcade.. most people on these forums here wanted that.. thus the reason for comparing the 2 extreme games. So yes they can be compared  .. evidentally the American Audience wants the Jp Extreme ....hmmm... yeah illleave it at that...
Most of what I'm about to say if going to go hand-in-hand with Guardian's post.

-You cannot compare US DDR's audience to Japan's. One more time for the masses, because I don't think some of you get that. DDR = almost completely dead in Japan, and that's being optimistic. US = still quite alive and kicking. Hell, we have people buying more Mixes, producing pads, making third party pads, there's a low supply and high demand for DDR machines, In The Groove, and Pump It Up. Those are perfect examples of how the dancing game genre is still very much alive in the US. Compare the two markets, and how Konami (on both shores) has to deal. What do you think?

-Songlist, quality-wise. First off, Konami of Japan (KoJ) has the Dancemania series through Toshiba Emi, which is where about 50% of their songs come from. The US has nothing. If Konami of America (KoA) took their songs from Japan, the US mainstream market couldn't care less about those songs, because the everyday Joe only knows about 15% of the Dancemania songs that are featured in DDR. Konami knows that if they need to make money and push the success of DDR in America, and only make it bigger, they need to cater to the everyday John Doe. Would John Doe buy a game that has unknown songs like Synchronized Love, Rhythm and Police, Tears, Paranoia, and Speed Over Beethoven, VS a songlist which includes YMCA, Sandstorm, Like A Virgin, There You'll Be, Days Go By, and other songs the mainstream America would know? Which one would you be able to advertise to big retail stores for people to buy?

-This is still discounting the fact that according to America, there are only two official DDR releases: DDR 1.5/IRV and DDR USA (Solo Bass Mix was a limited test release). KoA barely recognizes the fact that specific imported machines and software are even here, they just know that it's popular (based on reading their press releases and advertisements). This in itself shows that there can't be a way for people to expect KoA to make their list identical to KoJ's; who are they going to advertise this to? OH LOOK WE HAVE A CARBON COPY OF JAPAN'S DDR EXTREME! Everyday Joe: Uh, I don't really know about the Japanese DDR, but does it have Linkin Park? Fans are the only people it would matter to, and KoA knows that they can't possibly see to make a profit if they make it the same or similar to the Japanese version. Who'd buy it? The people who care would've gotten the Japanese version already, and when it comes out in America, they won't have many people to market the game to. The Japanese direct port of DDR Extreme would FLOP in America (selling a thousand or two copies of one single game is pathetic for a large name and high potential title such as DDR). And when it does, US DDR fans would have nothing but complaints and excuses as to why Konami won't being anymore Japanese DDR Mixes here.

DDR is one of the few titles Konami of America is pushing really hard in America, I think one reason because they don't have much else in America going for them (Yu-Gi-Oh!, MGS, DDR, Castlevania, certain Disney games, TMNT, Silent Hill, Contra and Suikoden are the biggest titles in the US; Konami of Japan has at least 4 major branches (KCE Tokyo, KCEJ West, KCEJ East, and KCES) producing games, each tossing out games around the same rate KoA as one whole unit rolls 'em out). In Japan, they have Anime series they can sell, dating sims, wacky titles and genres and other music games that are guaranteed to sell. Here, they can't take such a risk because of how vastly different the US gaming market is.

-The US Extreme interface I thought is a nice bold move IMHO. It may have sacrificed some things like songlist #, but Konami added a good amount of new features to make up for it. US DDR Ex and DDR Festival are NOT just simply dancing games anymore. They're also party games, so if you don't like the dancing portion, you can play the mini-games, which is a nice plus if you have an EyeToy. This also in turn gives EyeToy owners a new game to own. The original Extreme interface/engine is an outdated engine/interface on a system that's a bit more than 10 years old. It's actually nice that for once, Konami made a brand spanking new interface and engine to reflect that it can shed off the old, but still be the same game at heart, and that America got to have it months before Japan did.

Do you think KoA would rather sell a game with 112 songs, about 5 of which people know and 10 more than people might know? Or a game with about 80 songs, 20 of which people will know because they're all-time American favorites, and 60 which sound neat, and will learn to like them (or will recognize some of them revived from earlies Mixes)? Fans who've been following the series take up about 20-30% of the sales, and that's without the pad.

-GET A MOD CHIP/FLIPTOP/JP PS2!
No, I'm sorry but mods are rather inaccessible to the general public. There aren't a lot of saavy people out there who know they even exist, much less know how to get 'em. There's also a good amount of people who are scared to mod their PS2, even to open it for a swap disk mod (don't you even mention knife mods). Don't say internet search either, because you'll be even more surprised how stupid people are. Japanese PS2's are the last answer because of how impractical they are. Many people out there have no reason to spend $150 (assuming it's a new Japanese machine = cost more + shipping/tax/what-have-you) on a single game that costs about $70 (since Japanese games also cost more, without accessories). Of course, don't forget you can't play any American games unless you have a mod of some sort, and because of that, we're back to square one. So with that, Japanese versions are not even an option for a very large general amount of the DDR buyers.

-To me, the KoA already gets props on their versions of DDR. There was once a time when Japanese used to get EVERYTHING before we did. Now since Konamix, Americans have been getting US exclusive songs, a LOT of Konami originals that start in America first and get brought over to Japan months later.

One more thing... just because its japanese doesnt always mean its better..Not true,, most of us wanted the somgs the JP extreme thus making this japanese thing better

Not entirely true. Konami of America took a while to learn to listen to fans, and even then still has a problem understanding what the fans want. But there are many moments where KoA will NOT listen to fans. Every gaming company does not have an obligation to listen to fans, and most of the time when they don't they have a reason. It's not the gamers' right to demand that they listen, because in the end, video game companies want to make money. That's how they survive. If Namco feels that they shouldn't include endings in their arcade Tekken franchise, then they know people will buy the PS2 version, to keep interest up, and guarantee sales for CS versions. If Konami feels that disinclusion of songs in new versions will keep the demand for older Mixes up, then it'll guarantee that they'll be squeezing every cent they can from older Mixes.

That's smart, not stupid. That's the gaming industry as a whole.

And finally, don't say "most people want those songs" as if you represent everything America stands for. You, my friend, are part of that small percentage of DDR fanboys that think that DDR in America is supported by you. The sad fact is, DDR's success in America depends on how you, the fan, can help sell the American version to the average Joe Shmoe. DDR US Mixes are designed for that Joe Shmoe, because to them, DDR is still fresh and new. If you can't do that much, you have no right to say that "yeah us DDR fans want all the Japanese songs." If you want 'em, buy the imports, and leave the rest of the people who buy America versions alone. Stop bashing US versions, quit whining that someone might be right, and get off your internet high, because you're only ruining DDR in America. No one's going to know songs like Waka Laka, and they won't learn to like it if you shove it in their face rather than easing it in.

Ranma: If you're hoping for more Dancemania songs from Japanese DDR, I wouldn't hold my breath. Those songs are licensed differently as they would be here in America, AFAIK. There's even rumors that Konami no longer holds the license to the series anymore. Plus some songs cannot simply be brought here because of copyright conflicts. Please, stop taking offense to what people are saying, and just deal. No one's criticizing what you prefer and don't, but on the same token, don't knock on the people/game that others would rather play.

#73 User is offline   lazerflesh 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 527

Posted 10 January 2005 - 03:49 PM

pwnd.

tehehe
Lulz is a CORRUPTION of the internet word L.O.L.

#74 User is offline   Ranma444 

• Pip

Posted 11 January 2005 - 11:32 AM

Ranma: If you're hoping for more Dancemania songs from Japanese DDR, I wouldn't hold my breath.  Those songs are licensed differently as they would be here in America, AFAIK.  There's even rumors that Konami no longer holds the license to the series anymore.  Plus some songs cannot simply be brought here because of copyright conflicts.  Please, stop taking offense to what people are saying, and just deal.  No one's criticizing what you prefer and don't, but on the same token, don't knock on the people/game that others would rather play.

whoa whoa whoa...hmmm...i never criticized anyone first off, i was explaining my dislike of the american releases, i dont know why people end up taking everything in the wrong meaning. i never once said "youre stupid, japanese mix all the way, pwned, american songs suck" i said something along the lines of "if you enjoy the american mix, continue liking it, but i dont" thats all. Second, i know not to expect the japanese DDR songs, which is why i get the import versions. i'm not trying to make anything into a big argument, but i do feel the need to explain myself when someone misunderstands what i mean, much like i did before with Guardian...hopefully thats all cleared up and understood -_-

on a lighter note...

#75 User is offline   Guardian 

• Pip

Posted 11 January 2005 - 02:10 PM

Ranma: Sorry about that. I react to the words "J-pop" and "American...not good" a little harshly and abruptly at times. I've got too many fanboy/girl friends that are too busy omg-ing and lol-ing about anything with the Japanese language attached to it to notice quality in anything else (or the flaws in what they DO like), and they irritate me. I think we understand each other pretty well on this one, so I'll leave you with the last word on that. :sweatdrop

#76 Guest_Narumi-kun_*

• Member No.:

Posted 11 January 2005 - 03:26 PM

BakaOrochi said:

Ranma: If you're hoping for more Dancemania songs from Japanese DDR, I wouldn't hold my breath.  Those songs are licensed differently as they would be here in America, AFAIK.  There's even rumors that Konami no longer holds the license to the series anymore.  Plus some songs cannot simply be brought here because of copyright conflicts.  Please, stop taking offense to what people are saying, and just deal.  No one's criticizing what you prefer and don't, but on the same token, don't knock on the people/game that others would rather play.

Ill add more later(becuase i am in shcool and dont have time) but this statement here alone totally calls you a hypocrit and your statemnet not only kncoks on other people.. but on a game someone else prefers as well. It sounds like your taking offense to this... well.. as you said deal with it..... And btw you are criticizing what I prefer...

#77 User is offline   june.h 

• Merchandise Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2005 - 04:24 PM

Uh, what? Dude, stop trying so hard to make an excuse to lash back at me. Who said I was offended, and when did I imply I was such?

I'd start minding my own business anyway, because that comment was directed at someone else, not you. Or should I highlight that for you in case you missed it?

Ranma: If you're hoping for more Dancemania songs...

Misunderstanding a tonality behind someone's post is between me and that person, not you. If you want to make some kind of rebuttal, maybe you should start with what I wrote to you, not to someone else.

So yeah on a lighter note, anyone getting Karaoke Revolution Bemani when it comes out? You can karaoke to Love Shine and Candy, kekekeke.

*edit*

NOOOOOOOO Oolong the rabbit is dead~

#78 User is offline   Guardian 

• Pip

Posted 11 January 2005 - 05:44 PM

Baka: Can you link me up on the info for KR Bemani? I just wanna see what songs are on there so I can giggle about singing along with them. (Silent Hill and After The Game Of Love come to mind.)

#79 User is offline   Ranma444 

• Pip

Posted 12 January 2005 - 12:12 AM

Guardian said:

Ranma:  Sorry about that.  I react to the words "J-pop" and "American...not good" a little harshly and abruptly at times.  I've got too many fanboy/girl friends that are too busy omg-ing and lol-ing about anything with the Japanese language attached to it to notice quality in anything else (or the flaws in what they DO like), and they irritate me.  I think we understand each other pretty well on this one, so I'll leave you with the last word on that.   :sweatdrop

i dont want to have the last word, its not about that ^^* i'm just glad we came to an understanding, thats all i wanted, no hard feelings or anything, i hate when things get out of hand and people argue over small things, so its nice to see eye to eye. and um...Why does my name have to be huge Baka? i feel embarrassed seeing my name so huge -_-, i know its not directed at me, but still...and thanks Narumi for yer support, i think thats what it was...or could i be wrong again?

#80 User is offline   june.h 

• Merchandise Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2005 - 04:03 PM

Haha sorry, it was a bit of sarcasm. I like to have a little fun in my responses.

This is the list as of 12/04 (this is only a preliminary list according to Konami, there are probably going to be more songs as time progresses):

Akai Suzu - Asaki (GF11/DM10)
Sanagi - Asaki (GF7/DM6)
Tsuminagara...To kaonojo wa ifu - Asaki (GF8/DM7)
Swimmers - Annetai Maji Ska Bakudan feat. Maki (GF7/DM6)
Sa-Da-Me - School (PNM 7:Hard Rock)
Candy (Heart) - Kosaka Riyu (DDR 7)
Begin - Kosaka Riyu (GF8 PowerUp/DM7 PowerUp)
Love Shine - Kosaka Riyu (DDR Extreme)
Loveholic - Sana (PNM 9:Emotional)
White Eve - Sana (PNM 9:Winter Dance)
White Lovers - Shintani Sanae (PNM 7:Winter Pop)
I Really Want to Hurt You ~bokura wa kanpeki sa- Sugi & Reo (PNM4:Pops Remix)
Memories - Taka (IIDX 8)
Love^2 Sugar - dj Taka feat. Noria (PNM 8:Eurobeat)
Too Late Two - Des-Row (GF8/DM7)
Pure - Des-Row+1 (PNM8:Melo Punk)
Dan Dan Doh - Des-Row*Gumi (PNM9:Hip Rock 2)
Yume Ari - Des-Row*Gumi (PNM 8:Daydream)
The Place to Be - Des-Row*Gumi feat. Makoto (PNM10:Core Groove)
Ultra-Butterfly (Mamoru Goriki) - Des-Row*Gumi Special (PNM10:Grunge Des)
Cobalt - Des-Row*Gumi Special (PNM9:Hi Punk)
We Are - Terra (GF11/DM10)
North Wind - Terra (PNM9:Hyper J-Pop 2)
Chocolate Philosophy - Tokiwa Yu (GF8/DM7)
Aoi Shodou - Naoki feat. Yuki (IIDX 8)
Chikara - BeForU (GF9/DM8)
Himawari - BeForU (GF10/DM9)
Break Down! - BeForU (DDR 7)
Kinjirareta Keiyaku - Freddy Haete feat. Ereharmonic (PNM9:Darkness 2)
*shining* - Riyu & Noria (PNM9:Girls Rock)

Also judging from the list of missing songs, I think Konami may be testing the success of this; if it does well, they'll probably release a 2nd one with more songs (probably including Daikenkai, as it is not on this list...but Hip Rock 2 is?). There's plenty of great songs on that aren't that list.

My big "WTF" goes to the Asaki songs like Tsuminagara... and the all the frickin' Des-Row songs, but eh.

Yay for Core Groove!

#81 Guest_Narumi-kun_*

• Member No.:

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:46 PM

Ranma444 said:

i dont want to have the last word, its not about that ^^* i'm just glad we came to an understanding, thats all i wanted, no hard feelings or anything, i hate when things get out of hand and people argue over small things, so its nice to see eye to eye. and um...Why does my name have to be huge Baka? i feel embarrassed seeing my name so huge -_-, i know its not directed at me, but still...and thanks Narumi for yer support, i think thats what it was...or could i be wrong again?

Nope your exactly right this time.. i was supporting you.. :D ..

All I have to say is we all have our own opinions and no one is going to win.. whether we think that or not.. of course i think ill win and or course BakaOrochi will think he will win.. its not that its our opinions trhat sometimes overcome facts.. So What ever.. im tired of fighting.. lets just end this .. Okies BakaOrochi ? I guees in a way i am apologizing for being rude in certain ways. Truce? :rolleyes: *holds hand out*

#82 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:30 PM

extends a peace pipe.... :D
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#83 User is offline   june.h 

• Merchandise Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2005 - 12:26 PM

I wasn't shooting to "win" the topic. I was merely hoping to shed some light; I used to be "blah Japanese DDR is better" myself years ago, but you have to consider what Konami of America is trying to do; they want DDR to be a success, but they can't do it by catering to those kinds of fans. What's the point of introducing a game to America for the people that already play? They're trying to find a medium between the people who already play and the people who don't play, and making new fans from n00bs (there's even a reason why even Japanese CS Mixes still include beginner modes and options: not everyone plays DDR). But you can't satisfy everyone.

Besides, if I really wanted to argue with you, I'd probably be banned by now =P

#84 User is offline   TheBunnySamurai 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 4867

Posted 11 June 2005 - 01:41 AM

Just have to say DDR is the greatest thing since fried eggs, but DDR Extreme was by far the worst home edition out to date yes they had some good songs but not enough to compensate. On the other hand I.T.G. (thats In The Groove for those who don't know) i hope and have heard will be very great *crossed fingers*
The Bunny Samurai
Usagi Yojinbo

Bunny at Arms, Right Hand Bunny to the President of the A.C.A.A.B.

Next Acen's costume shall be: bunny samurai + raver punk bunny

#85 User is offline   longsii 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4923

Posted 11 June 2005 - 01:48 AM

I got into DDR by Playing Nat-chan's home version of Max and Max2 which were visually physicaly and all around enjoyable. I Then started playing Extreme in the Arcade which just Blew me away. I loved it. Silly me had to buy the home edition....

It completely lacks the visual feel of ANY of its predicesors its songs for the most part are bland and really not all that fun. It lacks all the GREAT songs combined from previous mixes into the Arcade Extreme and is just all around kinda BLEH.

Honestly, Extreme home is Terrible....comparitively speaking. I'd rather go to the arcade and enjoy the fun systems there or buy a different game. The only reason I play is that I LOVE DDR too much.

Keep in mind these are just my opinions and not meant to offend anyone... if they do I'm sorry.
<span style='color:"Red"'>Leader of the Cat-boy alliance</span>
Currently looking for fangirls for cuddling.
"You know.... biting makes me shiver."-me
"If you bite me. I bite back... but then I cuddle and lick and kiss...maybe I'm a bit fluffy." - me
"Me?? oh... Think cute cuddly playful cat-boy plus Alucard from Hellsing or Sephy...or if you must D. Yeah... I'm that awesome."-me
"Sometimes the lightest touches can torment more than the harshest whip. Don't believe me? Try me." -me
-snuggles with Soubi and Kio plushies- .... -loooks around quickly- I'M NOT GAY!!!

#86 User is offline   TheBunnySamurai 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 4867

Posted 11 June 2005 - 01:55 AM

longsii said:

I got into DDR by Playing Nat-chan's home version of Max and Max2 which were visually physicaly and all around enjoyable.  I Then started playing Extreme in the Arcade which just Blew me away.  I loved it.  Silly me had to buy the home edition....

It completely lacks the visual feel of ANY of its predicesors its songs for the most part are bland and really not all that fun.  It lacks all the GREAT songs combined from previous mixes into the Arcade Extreme and is just all around kinda BLEH.

Honestly, Extreme home is Terrible....comparitively speaking.  I'd rather go to the arcade and enjoy the fun systems there or buy a different game.  The only reason I play is that I LOVE DDR too much.  

Keep in mind these are just my opinions and not meant to offend anyone... if they do I'm sorry.

I would have to completely agree, the arcade version is so much better. if by chance DDR extreme gets to easy I.T.G. (In The Groove) is suppose to be better and a little more challenging. it is made by fans of DDR and has steps that they made.
The Bunny Samurai
Usagi Yojinbo

Bunny at Arms, Right Hand Bunny to the President of the A.C.A.A.B.

Next Acen's costume shall be: bunny samurai + raver punk bunny

#87 User is offline   Kiriyama 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4966

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:33 AM

its an okay game they had some good songs.
You wish your car was this good http://members.lycos...sv4/Cars/FC.jpg

#88 User is offline   Ace of Spades 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 7885

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:18 AM

Does this one have Candy <3 or vocal? Does any of the US versions of the game have it?

If it does, I will definatly buy it or whichever one has it.

#89 User is offline   DeadEyeDuck 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 7966

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:47 PM

Disney Mix = greatest home version of DDR! check it out...

{hint} its a small world after all.... :cool:
The Random Hero {DeadEyeDuck} will make his second appearence to ACen 2K7. Cant wait to see everyone there! :cool: P.S. all naruto fans look for the big sign that i want all naruto cosplayers to sign! except sasuke... hate sasuke... Narutards Unite! :sweatdrop Proud Member of the Glomp Team!

#90 User is offline   JNOtaku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 913

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:52 AM

DeadEyeDuck said:

Disney Mix = greatest home version of DDR! check it out...  

{hint} its a small world after all.... :cool:

Too bad only half of the songs have heavy steps, and the heavy steps are graded more lightly (have a higher foot rating) compared to similarly hard songs.

Oh yeah...if anyone still plays DDR Extreme PS2, the code for "Memories" has finally been unlocked! Surprisingly, it was shown on the Burger King website (under Extras)

"At the Main Menu, enter the code below with the Player 2 controller:

Press Right four times
Press Up three times
Press Square one time
Press Left two times
Press Down three times
Press Square two times
Press Select one time

You will hear a swish sound upon correct entry.

The song "Memories" will now be unlocked in all modes of play."

I find it amusing that the code is so complicated, and that Konami finally decided to release the code 2 YEARS after DDR Extreme was released, via a BURGER KING promotion! :confused: :sweatdrop :confused:

JNOtaku
"Why don't you all fade away
And don't try to dig what we all say
I'm not trying to cause a big sensation
I'm just talkin' 'bout my generation" (The Who)
The Otaku Generation: Predicted 30 years earlier! Fight OTAKING!

A soldier of the Glomp Team! Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate, and the ACEN Yakuza! :D My Webpage! My Myspace! My MAL profile!
Forum Daimyo as of 7/21/2005!!! :) Forum Elite (1337) as of 7/19/2006! :D :D :D

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users