DDR Extreme PS2

#1 User is offline   Sailor Myst 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 277

Posted 24 September 2004 - 06:32 PM

Anyone get it yet?
I find its disturbing. what were they thinking ? 4th mix, 3rd? its disturbing and so much harder.

What do ya think of it?
Soldier of Destruction and leader of the light.........
Leader of the Otaku Army
The random things that I find:
Can ya help me get a gift for my mother for the holidays? If so please follow this link and do as it asks, thankyou...
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=11630946

#2 User is offline   aquaticus 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2868

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:40 AM

I haven't played it...I'm kind of afraid to...especially with the eyetoy thingy...not only will I have to worry about where my FEET go...but now my hands too?!?!!?

*imagines playing it*
*falls on her imaginary @ss, twisting herself into a pretzel*
*cries*

oh my :confused:

#3 User is offline   Sailor Myst 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 25 September 2004 - 05:29 PM

actually the Eye toy is used only in a new option in the game for parties. There are several mini games in Extreme that use it. You do not need the Eye toy to play the DDR part.
Leader of the Otaku Army
Can ya help me get a gift for my mother for the holidays? If so please follow this link and do as it asks, thankyou...

#4 Guest_Narumi-kun_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 26 September 2004 - 09:58 AM

The interface si the worst i have ever seen in my life... there are extreme songs that arent in the game... like... Sakura, Bag, Cartoon Heores, Paranoia Surviver and PSM.... it really blows... honestly itwas alomst a waste of mnoey... fav songs not on there... reall childish non DDr look interface and weird options and difficulty settings... its odd in general.... out of 10 i give it a... 4

#5 User is offline   lazerflesh 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 527

Posted 26 September 2004 - 11:18 AM

Someone tell me WHY they havn't gotten Daikenkai onto an American platform ddr game yet ?

#6 User is offline   Sailor Myst 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 27 September 2004 - 11:55 AM

Ask the company that makes the game.
Leader of the Otaku Army

#7 User is offline   aquaticus 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2868

Posted 27 September 2004 - 05:20 PM

Sailor Myst said:

You do not need the Eye toy to play the DDR part.

I kinda figured that...but I can just imagine myself trying to play with the eye toy option also and killing myself hehe... :sweatdrop

#8 User is offline   Sailor Myst 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:06 PM

As I said the Eye toy is only for the Party mode, so you don't really need it.
Leader of the Otaku Army

#9 User is offline   Sailor Myst 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 04 October 2004 - 09:28 AM

I am gonna Buy it today I have finally decided.
Leader of the Otaku Army

#10 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 04 October 2004 - 12:14 PM

lazerflesh said:

Someone tell me WHY they havn't gotten Daikenkai onto an American platform ddr game yet ?

probably cause the song sucks...

Nah, j/k Lazer. I used to like the song. Now it just annoys me. The band who made the song hates it so I figured thats a bad sign already.

Maybe that has something to do with it though.

As for the U.S. version of Extreme. I haven't picked it up. I picked up the Japanese version. I've heard mixed things about the american version so far. Not having a lot of the extreme songs doesn't bother me too much cause Sakura and all them are on the Japanese version. So I might pick it up, but I'm gonna wait. Playing at home isn't as much fun as playing in the arcade anyway.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#11 User is offline   Sailor Myst 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 October 2004 - 03:43 PM

Bought it the other day...Now the question is do I have time to play it.
Leader of the Otaku Army

#12 Guest_Narumi-kun_*

• Member No.:

Posted 07 October 2004 - 05:31 PM

welll the more i play it the litle better it gets... some songs appear that are cool... but the interface just has to go .. i serioulsy dont know what these people were thinking...

#13 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3093

Posted 07 October 2004 - 05:32 PM

my personal opinion on the matter is that konami made a big mistake developing primarily for the sony consoles. Granted there were limited dreamcast runs of it (the series in general) imagine what kind of marketing they could have on the game cube. And before anyone says XBOX DDR is based on the PC version and the PS1/2 version is based on the arcades MIPS processor, that didnt stop them from porting it to the dc's sh4, and just think, if they did a GC version, there wouldnt be alot more work involved in letting apple users in on it too. Also point being, the ps1 uses vb2, if they used vb2 on ps1 and went to WAV for dreamcast... never mind, konamis marketing strategies always baffled me... heh

#14 User is offline   Fantasy Angel 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Member No.: 216

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:58 AM

I played it at Best Buy like a week ago. It was okay but I really didn't have time to go through it and ya know, check the songs out. I won't be able to buy it just yet though cuz I don't have the time to buy a $50 game and then rebuy another DDR pad (yes...it's the second one my family has broken! :( )

~Fantasy Angel:heart:
Proud To Be the President of the Ultimate Yaoi Fangirl Alliance!;)
BEWARE! Rabid L'Arc~en~Ciel/HYDE Fangirl! SQUEE! *Nosebleed*

[Heaven's Closet] [LiveJournal] [Photobucket]

#15 User is offline   FrenziedFury 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2401

Posted 11 October 2004 - 06:56 PM

I may pick it up. I've heard from some of my super hardcore DDR friends that the interfaces is 6 different kinds of jacked, options are weird and they don't like the song list. I've seen the song list posted online and I actually kinda like it. I grew up with my mother playing Euro-techno and house all the time so I'm kinda partial to it. What I'm waiting for is DDR Ultramix 2 for the Xbox. Too bad I can't get all the good stuff off Xbox live cuz the song list for Ultramix 2 is supposed to be the biggest of any DDR game to date.
ACen never dies! It just goes to the forums! Hilarity ensues!
I came here to kick butt and chew bubblegum and my feet are killing me!

Jayson D. Clarkson
Registration DH - Anime Central 2006 - 2007
Masquerade Judge - Anime Central 2006 - 2009
Green Room ADH - Anime Central 2009
Registration Grievance Thread
Registration FAQ
Click here for registration hours, prices, procedures, etc.

#16 Guest_Narumi-kun_*

• Member No.:

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:42 PM

yeah the interfaced is jacked in soo many ways.. selection of the song and iff sucks

#17 User is offline   Aya-kun 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 180

Posted 11 October 2004 - 10:16 PM

yeah, I really don't care for the new DDR. Konami brought back the ****** grading system from 5th mix and they got rid of the "Groove Meter". The song selection is pretty horrible and they only put in one 10-foot song >_<
Myspace - Click if you DARE!!

You want me to put what? where?! That's naughty! :heart:

I run D.O.S. lol
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "Don't worry, it's only 25 cents"

(_/)
(O.o) This is Bunny. Add Bunny to your signature
(> <) to help him achieve world domination.

#18 User is offline   Ryu-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3107

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:00 PM

I still view it as them saying "Americans suck so bad, they can't play these songs." If you notice, non of the domestic versions have a whole lot, especially of the higher difficulty songs. Thats why I buy the Japanese one, to get the full game. On top of that...it's just 8th mix plus. I rather like the fact that i can go back and play some old school 3rd/4th mix songs, as I still say they are the best ones.

#19 User is offline   sK00Lb0i 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 1662

Posted 13 October 2004 - 03:04 AM

actually myself i actually got bored of DDR extreme on ps2 cus it doesnt have enuff songs.. i have beaten every song.. so now i just play in arcade.. bsides.. get stepmania for the computer and the USB adapter for the DDR mat... u can download like 8000 songs.. i have about 3000... they r like 10x harder :D

#20 User is offline   Guardian 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 347

Posted 13 October 2004 - 11:11 PM

Got it, played it, love it. My only gripe with it is the fact that you can't turn off the corner buttons...my clown-feet ache everytime I think of it.

Other than that, though, it's quite enjoyable. The songlist is probably one of the most diverse that I've seen Konami throw out in a long time. Your Rain and You're Not Here, though pretty easy, are REALLY good songs, and the steps are kinda fun. Simply Being Loved, Move Your Feet, Waiting For Tonight, Ladies' Night...the exclusives themselves make me a happy camper. Getting Don't Clock Me, Highs Off U, Only You, and Wonderland to boot is enough to make me squee like a 10-year old schoolgirl. I swear the mix was made for dancers and for music-lovers. And if I wanna play something kinda difficult, there's always Legend of Maxx, Paranoia Evolution, Trip Machine Survivor, and Xenon on there to keep me occupied. And the ultra-fun Maximizer.

And the interface is odd, but it works alright for me. Was getting tired of the same exact interface game after game anyway.

#21 Guest_Narumi-kun_*

• Member No.:

Posted 13 October 2004 - 11:18 PM

Meh i didnt enjoy the list.. missed some of the best songs in extreme

#22 User is offline   Matt 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1225

Posted 16 October 2004 - 02:19 PM

I don't know which version of DDR I played last night at the Columbia College Anime/Video game meeting, but I can see how y'all can get addicted to it :D . There was this one song that I easily danced too--"Crash" something-or-other. But I got the hang of it pretty quick, which was cool :cool: , and it helped that I watched other people play before I tried it out. You get a good workout after a while, too.

#23 User is offline   otakufangirl 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 1167

Posted 17 October 2004 - 07:44 PM

I was both deeply disturbed and very disappointed by Extreme. I was hoping it would have some of the good songs like the arcade version has, but no, they gave us "Like A Virgin". (the first bad song that came to mind) What kind of b.s. is that? In my opinion, the PS2 versions of DDR keep steadily going downhill.
So now that Acen 2006 is over...... what should I wear for 2007??

#24 User is offline   Cucchiaio 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3119

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:52 PM

I like Extreme, there are some songs that i can't get out of my head like Move Your Feet (the video is hilarious!)
and whenever i play Janejana i always dance around like and idiot waving my hands whilst splitting a few of my friends sides! good times all around!
And my ultimate fav is V! I mean come on now who wouldn't want to dance around to Vivaldi's winter?

#25 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3093

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:26 AM

Cucchiaio said:

I like Extreme, there are some songs that i can't get out of my head like Move Your Feet (the video is hilarious!)  
and whenever i play Janejana i always dance around like and idiot waving my hands whilst splitting a few of my friends sides! good times all around!  
And my ultimate fav is V!  I mean come on now who wouldn't want to dance around to Vivaldi's winter?

I have the IIDX video of it, and adopted it for my stepmania cab, I must say *drool*
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#26 User is offline   Shattermage 

• AMV Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1989

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:57 AM

Alright, time for me to input my 3 yen.

*ahem*

I refuse to say that a game blatantly sucks because there aren't songs that you wanted on there. There are things you have to consider like a) disc space (remember to take all modes and extras into consideration), B) copyrighting, and c) U.S. marketing. I posted a full explanation of some of this stuff last month in a thread on the insanity forums, but I don't remember which thread. :sweatdrop

Anyway, I had the game pre-ordered and picked it up the day of its release.
I'll go ahead and say that yes, the song list is a smidge bit of a disappointment on my end as well. Though it does have a lot of good songs on it, albeit some pretty bad ones to, in my own opinion.

For example, I love "Move Your Feet" by Junior Senior! I was hooked on it, not just for the song, but its 8-bit Video!! XD On the flip side of the coin, "Like A Virgin" gets on my nerves like white on rice. I, personally, hate that song. But hey, if someone else likes it, great. More power to you!

Now, as for the "only one 10-step song" bit...yeah, there is...just like every other US realease...DDRMAX: Max 300; DDRMAX2: Maxx Unlimited; DDRExtreme: The Legend of Max.

And I'm gonna say this again, the idea of "Americans can't play these songs" is pure and utter bullsh!t. I don't see how anyone can have that opinion when we have Max 300 (Hvy.), Max Unlimited (Hvy), The Legend of Max (Hvy.), Max Period (Hvy), V (Challenge), Paranoia Survivor/Survivor MAX (both Hvy.), I could go on all day, folks. On top of that...look, we have the arcade machines. Of course they know we can play those songs! Go to California for crying out loud.

Anyway, for home versions, it's mostly a marketing matter. They're trying to cater to NOT just the DDR freak, but the all-american population, so they have to mix it up a bit. Think. If you want to buy the japanese games, fine, I encourage you, but not for the reason of "the US version sucks", because it doesn't. It's just your preference.

All in all, I'm going to agree with Guardian. It's a good mix in and of itself, but when I compare to it to my personal preference to Max and Max2, its not one of the best song lists, but it has some of my favorites...I've been waiting to be able to play PARANOiA Eternal. :sweatdrop And, dare I say it, I LOVE Trip Machine Survivor.

Yeah, I would've LOVED to have seen Bag, Cartoon Heroes, Waka Laka, and Candy (Star), but hey...it's not like we won't see another one next year.

Now, I will make some criticisms about this game though. I don't mind the interface though it did take some getting used to. But the fact they took out the tempo changer in Training mode (where you could slow down the song to better work with it) really urk'd me. :mad: That feature very much helped me pass Healing Vision ~Angelic Mix~ and Max 300 in the past.

Oh, and just TRY Mission Mode....that's a challenge if I ever had one. :sweatdrop

So, in closing, I'll say this. I'm not rapping on anyones taste or preference. I'm just saying its worth considering many of the technicallities that go through the industry before making any extreme judgement (no pun intended). :sweatdrop
Yes, I am an airline pilot. No, you cannot have free tickets. And No, I don't know jack about "the best deals".

"Asking a pilot what he thinks about the FAA is like asking a fire hydrant what he thinks about dogs."

Achievement Unlocked
Haven't paid to attend a con in 5 years - 50G

#27 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 974

Posted 10 November 2004 - 04:31 PM

I bought the game over the summer. I play my DDR games by both controller and dance pad. The controller I've found out over time it improves the hand eye corridation (I know that last word is probably misspelled >:D

#28 User is offline   Sailor Myst 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 November 2004 - 12:56 PM

I am still not far in it, I unlocked like 5 songs I think
Leader of the Otaku Army

#29 User is offline   BebopCola2021 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3253

Posted 22 November 2004 - 01:51 PM

:( They...they took out Cartoon Heroes? and Waka Laka? and Candy (star)?

*lower lip starts to quiver...eyes start briming with tears*

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

*two waterfalls spring from eyes, is looking more like Pedro from Excel Saga*

*sniffle* I'll...*sniff* I'll get over it....:(

#30 User is offline   Shattermage 

• AMV Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1989

Posted 25 November 2004 - 01:40 AM

You got Candy * in Maxx. It's Candy Heart that I've been wanting since Maxx 2 :rolleyes:

I just hope that next year, they include Cartoon Heroes, Sync, and Stoic. Ah, and let's not forget "Love Shine" ~! :D
Yes, I am an airline pilot. No, you cannot have free tickets. And No, I don't know jack about "the best deals".

"Asking a pilot what he thinks about the FAA is like asking a fire hydrant what he thinks about dogs."

Achievement Unlocked
Haven't paid to attend a con in 5 years - 50G

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users