Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

A note on behavior on the forums.

#1 Guest_Rachel_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:45 PM

To quote Tolkien: "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." It is up to the staff members to hand out any commentary and/or penalty as they see fit.

I have noticed that some people have been less the courteous towards the staff, I would like to remind people that for the most part the staff is much nicer then I would be about handing out punishments.a

We are not on a power trip; we are enforcing the rules as a matter of trying to provide the best possible environment for everyone. The staff of the forums is selected for their hard work with this con, and their considerable fairness. Regardless of if someone is just a regular forum member or on staff for the forums and convention. We demand a level of respect be applied to all people. Lack of respect is something I have no tolerance for, especially when that lack of respect is directed at people who put more work into making an enjoyable time for everyone.

When the staff says something in a forum as part of their duties as moderators and administrators, it should be followed. I am quite disappointed to see that in some cases it has taken more then one of the forums staff members to resolve an issue due to a lack of respect from people.

I hope that I will never have to give this speech again, and that everyone will take it upon themselves to help ensure that everyone has a good time with not only these forums, but also the convention.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users