• You cannot reply to this topic

Problems with A Vendor

#1 User is offline   Elf From Space 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 9701

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

There is a repeat vendor in the dealer's room that I've been having problems getting back an item that I paid for and was to be repaired and shipping back to me. After arranging the repair and leaving I found out that my friend placed an order for an item with the same vendor and never got it. Both items had a value $120-130 so this is a significant purchase. Any suggestions for what I should do, I've been calling the vendor for weeks, and leaving messages with absolutely no response. If a vendor has a history of fraudulent orders, is it appropriate to report them to ACen staff and suggest they not be invited back next year? Honestly I don't really want the vendor shut down, I just want my item back, but if they won't respond to my messages or my friend's, they may need some wake up call, and I hate to think how many others may have placed orders with them trustingly and never got their items. ;(

This post has been edited by Elf From Space: 24 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

#2 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostElf From Space, on 24 July 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

There is a repeat vendor in the dealer's room that I've been having problems getting back an item that I paid for and was to be repaired and shipping back to me. After arranging the repair and leaving I found out that my friend placed an order for an item with the same vendor and never got it. Both items had a value $120-130 so this is a significant purchase. Any suggestions for what I should do, I've been calling the vendor for weeks, and leaving messages with absolutely no response. If a vendor has a history of fraudulent orders, is it appropriate to report them to ACen staff and suggest they not be invited back next year? Honestly I don't really want the vendor shut down, I just want my item back, but if they won't respond to my messages or my friend's, they may need some wake up call, and I hate to think how many others may have placed orders with them trustingly and never got their items. ;(

If we receive approximately five complaints, we begin to look for similar issues that span multiple attendees. If something is found, we attempt to intervene on behalf of the Attendee(s).

If we receive approximately ten complaints, we look for similar issues that span multiple attendees and if there are more than five similar complaints we intervene on behalf of the Attendee(s), and review the Vendor's attendance status for the following year pending the type of complaints.

If we receive approximately fifteen complaints, we look for similar issues that span multiple attendees and if there are more than five similar complaints we intervene on behalf of the Attendee(s), and the Vendor's attendance status is immediately classified as on probation pending a full formal review.

Multi-Year complaints prevent previous year's complaints from lapsing at the end of the complaint year.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users