• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello Everyone

#1 User is offline   jonuiuc 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65700

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:02 AM

Hello all! Jonathan here, from Chicago (Logan Square). I went to my first ACen this year, just on Sunday, and had a great time. Next time I'll go for the whole weekend for sure. I have only been to comic book conventions in the past, but I've always loved anime. I started shooting photographs for my blog at C2E2 and decided to give ACen a shot. The cosplayers were all amazing and friendly, now I can't wait for next year.

#2 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:21 AM

Welcome to the forums. Here have a cookie *hands cookie* Next year if you can only go one day I would recommend Saturday. But being there one day only is kind of a drag. My fiance and I went for just Saturday and we just didn't have enough time to do everything we wanted to do and see all the friends we wanted to see. Enjoy your time here on the forums and at ACen next year
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#3 User is offline   shizuka-kun 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 65164

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:35 AM

Hey! Welcome to the forums! I really would suggest you go for the entire weekend. Friday and Saturday usually have the main events and they are always entertaining. Plus, you'll see a ton more cosplayers of every shape and size. (^∇^)
(◡‿◡✿)
(◕‿◕✿) “What you say 'bout me”
(◕‿◕)ノ✿ “Hold my flower”
✿\(。-_-。) “Kick his butt, baby. I got yo flower."

#4 User is offline   MOMO2 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 49830

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:48 AM

Yes and hit me up. Have pocky *hands pocky over* If you do not like sleep that is.
The only thing to fear is yourself.

#5 User is offline   jonuiuc 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65700

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for the welcome everyone (and the pocky/cookies, god could I use a real afternoon snack right now). I'll definitely get more days in next year, I really don't have an excuse since Rosemont is like a 20 min train ride for me.

Maybe I'll check out the photo groups next year (I did not even know that was I thing until I saw it on the printed guide), though I sort of like just snapping spontaneous pictures with people I run across. Also may be a good idea to print up some cheap cards, so all those people I take pictures of can find their pictures after I upload them.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users