Anime Central Forums: In regard to the inncident that happened in Japan with AKB48, will ACen get another idol group? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

In regard to the inncident that happened in Japan with AKB48, will ACen get another idol group?

#1 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:45 AM

I'm not sure how many people know about this, but recently two of the singers of AKB48 were several injured during a Meet and greet session in Iwata(I believe) prefecture. There was no security checks apparently and a man with a 50cm foldable hand saw came to the event and attacked two of the girls along with a staffer. Both girls and the staffer were sent to the hospital and have since been released with minor injuries to the hands and arms (Not sure if the guy got them on the face or not). Given that this happened, I read that various groups are now considering beefing up security at these events. Which brings up two questions.

1. Will ACen at all be getting another idol group if the situation means higher levels of security (and may cost more)?

2. If They do get an idol group will there be a meet and greet or would that be something that would have to be discussed?

I'm curious given that, while I know ACen is secure, could there be issues for overseas events based on what the companies of the girls were wanting for checks in the future?
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#2 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

The Wake Up, Girls! autograph signing this year did not allow contact - it wasn't a handshaking session. That being said, the risk is always there with "fans" being in such close proximity.

I think that any future event we have with similar groups will probably need additional security. Instances like what you referred to cannot be completely avoided - we can't conduct pat-down searches of every attendee in line.

From a business standpoint, one of the key concerns brought up while negotiating for the group was the types of insurance MAPS carries for Anime Central and its Guests of Honor. We may have to beef up our insurance for certain GoH as well to avoid a business loss in the case of an incident. While that can sound pretty heartless with regard to the actual talent involved, businesses primarily concern themselves with the bottom line and just want to make sure they get their return on investment.

In the end, these are simply the costs of doing business. We are always concerned with security, liability, and potential loss of revenue, property, and life. We try to prepare for anything, ideally to avoid damaging incidents, but for those things we cannot foresee or stop, we load up on insurance to help cover any losses incurred.

To directly answer your questions, we do not plan to limit guests or the types of appearances they make based on incidents that have occurred elsewhere. Other event runners who do not take these issues seriously and/or do not have sufficient assurances/insurance to alleviate concerns of the talent companies may have trouble securing these types of guests, but I do not see that being an issue for Anime Central.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#3 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

Thank you Ken for answering my question. I was curious given that there's been a lot of hoopla in japan over this, and I was curious what conventions in the states were going to do about any changes that the management teams made.

Doesn't sound heartless at all. In the end a person that acts or sings is selling a talent, much like any skill set out there, their management has to be on the safe side that the person having the talent doesn't make them lose money. It's understandable.

Okay awesome. Again I was curious since it was a big deal in the article that I was reading, so thank you again for answering my question. :)
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users