• You cannot reply to this topic

Glass bottle prop?

#1 User is offline   shizuka-kun 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 65164

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

There is a character I'm planning to cosplay as in the future and she is thought to drink sake right from the bottle. My father drinks sake often and I was wondering if I could use an empty bottle as a prop rather than making one. I am a minor so I'm not planning to have any liquid inside it and I can't think of another to use instead. Is it against con rules to bring a glass bottle even if it's empty?
(◡‿◡✿)
(◕‿◕✿) “What you say 'bout me”
(◕‿◕)ノ✿ “Hold my flower”
✿\(。-_-。) “Kick his butt, baby. I got yo flower."

#2 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

http://www.ACen.org/content/ACen-rules

A costume or prop is unacceptable if it does any of the following:
Fails to comply with local laws.
Leaves your feet bare.
Has vulgar remarks or hate speech in any language.
Has dangerous protrusions such as spikes or sharp edges.Is a costume that extends more than six inches from your body in any direction. (For example, if your costume has a tail, you may hold it next to your body, but not let it trail out behind you.)Is a prop that is longer than your height. If you are less than four feet tall, your props may be up to four feet long. Props that are too long may be carried in pieces and reassembled for pictures.
Impedes the view of others during seated events.
Has a tightly-strung bowstring.
Has a laser pointer or similar capability.
Has parts made of live steel. Live steel is defined an object crafted from metal that has a point or blade-like edge, whether blunt or sharp. Live steel purchased from vendors must stay boxed while in convention space.
Is a gun-like prop without an orange tip. Gun-like props also must have their firing mechanisms disabled and have no ammunition loaded.
Is a real firearm.
Is being used or handled unsafely.
Is determined by convention staff to be unsafe. The department head of IRT has final say on the acceptability of any costume or prop.

I see no rule against glass bottles.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#3 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

View Postshizuka-kun, on 27 May 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

There is a character I'm planning to cosplay as in the future and she is thought to drink sake right from the bottle. My father drinks sake often and I was wondering if I could use an empty bottle as a prop rather than making one. I am a minor so I'm not planning to have any liquid inside it and I can't think of another to use instead. Is it against con rules to bring a glass bottle even if it's empty?

This should be fine. Please make sure it's completely dry, and be prepared to put it in your room if there is any confusion.
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#4 User is offline   shizuka-kun 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 65164

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

Thank you very much for your help! (^∇^)
(◡‿◡✿)
(◕‿◕✿) “What you say 'bout me”
(◕‿◕)ノ✿ “Hold my flower”
✿\(。-_-。) “Kick his butt, baby. I got yo flower."

#5 User is offline   Twifairy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 65191

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:07 PM

View Postshizuka-kun, on 27 May 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

It would probably be fine, I've seen Yowane Haku cosplayers in the past bring around sake bottles, and whether they were glass or not never seemed to matter. The only problem would possibly be the glass breaking...
ACen 2015 Cosplay-
Cinder Fall: 0% done

Anime Midwest 2015 Cosplay-
Mikasa Ackerman: 20% done
Possible other cosplays undecided

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users