High heels?

#1 User is offline   Twifairy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 65191

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

So I know I can walk in high heels.
If you can't, it's definitely a skill every girl should learn, because it helps for cosplay...
but they freaking HURT

I'm used to wearing wedges a really long time, I've gone hours in those without problems, but heels?
My cosplay for next year is Cinder Fall from RWBY. Her shoes are dark heels which are quite high and look like they'd need some practice wearing.
I really don't want to change her shoes to a different kind, since they're really essential to her outfit.

Any way for them to be more comfortable? I feel the most pressure on the balls of my feet and later on in the day, the center of my heel, and this is just from wearing character shoes, which are meant for dancing.

I'll buy shorter heels than the ones Cinder wears.
ACen 2015 Cosplay-
Ymir/Mikasa Ackerman: 20% done

#2 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

Try these. I haven't tried them yet, but next year I'm gonna definitely stick these in my long fall boots. I had major blisters on the balls of my feet from wearing those boots all day on Saturday. It was worth it though!
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#3 User is offline   Twifairy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 25 May 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

Try these. I haven't tried them yet, but next year I'm gonna definitely stick these in my long fall boots. I had major blisters on the balls of my feet from wearing those boots all day on Saturday. It was worth it though!

Ugh. Blisters aren't fun, I had some from my boots for Misa, but they were mainly on the sides of my feet. My main problem is pressure, not blisters though.
ACen 2015 Cosplay-

#4 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

View PostTwifairy, on 25 May 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

Ugh. Blisters aren't fun, I had some from my boots for Misa, but they were mainly on the sides of my feet. My main problem is pressure, not blisters though.

With high heels almost all the pressure is on the balls of your feet, so having those tip toes will help with the comfort factor. They also make high heel inserts for just the heels.

You mentioned a shorter heel. That will help your legs and feet to not be so tired and sore from walking around all day.

I also recommend keeping an extra pair of shoes with you. Even those flat roll up shoes that can fit in a purse will help for when you need a break. Remember, you can't walk around barefoot at the con per their rules.

For my problem I think it was a combination of pressure and not enough cushion that caused the blisters on my feet since the shoe size was a good fit and I didn't have rubbing and blistering anywhere else. That was the first time I've gotten blisters there too. Next time I'll cushion it with those tip toes! :)
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#5 User is offline   Twifairy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 25 May 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

With high heels almost all the pressure is on the balls of your feet, so having those tip toes will help with the comfort factor. They also make high heel inserts for just the heels.

You mentioned a shorter heel. That will help your legs and feet to not be so tired and sore from walking around all day.

I also recommend keeping an extra pair of shoes with you. Even those flat roll up shoes that can fit in a purse will help for when you need a break. Remember, you can't walk around barefoot at the con per their rules.

For my problem I think it was a combination of pressure and not enough cushion that caused the blisters on my feet since the shoe size was a good fit and I didn't have rubbing and blistering anywhere else. That was the first time I've gotten blisters there too. Next time I'll cushion it with those tip toes! :)/>

Well, the heels I'd be looking for would be something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/...M-/271419318516

Which I have no idea where to get, but hey, I have a year.
I tend to sit down a lot during the con for food or to show my friends what I bought, so that might work. I've never used any type of insole before for my wedges or character shoes, but I might give those a try!
ACen 2015 Cosplay-

#6 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

Saturday I wore heels for 15 hours straight. I regretted it so much...then wore heels another 4 hours Sunday before giving up and going basically barefoot (had black tights on at least)

The reason I lasted so long Saturday is they were chunky heels. (Still went 2 hours longer than I should have...) By the end of the night I seriously almost didn't make it make to my car. Sunday I went to Walgreens and grabbed a pair of gel inserts of my second pair of heels, and those helped a LOT (honestly, walking barefoot on carpet was killing me, and somehow the gel inserts made walking feel fine for a little while) I can't seem to find them on the website, but they were specially for heels, and covered the whole bottom, not just the heel or balls of your feet. It made it so there was pressure on arch of the foot so the overall pressure was more even.

My advice is if you're in pain TAKE THEM OFF. Don't repeat my mistake. xD I still can't properly feel the tips of my big toes, a week later...
ACen 2014 Schedule
Friday: Meloetta [Pokemon]
Saturday: Umi Ryuuzaki [Magic Knight Rayearth]
Sunday: Sytry Cartwright Demon Attire [Devils and Realist]

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#7 User is offline   Twifairy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostWashu Takahashi, on 25 May 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

Saturday I wore heels for 15 hours straight. I regretted it so much...then wore heels another 4 hours Sunday before giving up and going basically barefoot (had black tights on at least)

The reason I lasted so long Saturday is they were chunky heels. (Still went 2 hours longer than I should have...) By the end of the night I seriously almost didn't make it make to my car. Sunday I went to Walgreens and grabbed a pair of gel inserts of my second pair of heels, and those helped a LOT (honestly, walking barefoot on carpet was killing me, and somehow the gel inserts made walking feel fine for a little while) I can't seem to find them on the website, but they were specially for heels, and covered the whole bottom, not just the heel or balls of your feet. It made it so there was pressure on arch of the foot so the overall pressure was more even.

My advice is if you're in pain TAKE THEM OFF. Don't repeat my mistake. xD I still can't properly feel the tips of my big toes, a week later...

I danced I wedges for three hours just last week and that put so much pressure on my feet because they weren't meant for dancing. The heel's I need ARENT chunky heels, they're thinner. Not stilettos, but thinner. Do you happen to know what brand they were?
ACen 2015 Cosplay-

#8 User is offline   The Phantom Tapper 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 60075

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:06 PM

I know when I have to wear heels for a cosplay I make sure to bring flats with me. Sure they're a pain to drag around but they really save your feet from the pain in the long run. You can then switch to your heels for pictures. I've done dance for most of my life, and my feet are not in the best of shape anymore, so bringing extra shoes really helps me.

This post has been edited by The Phantom Tapper: 25 May 2014 - 08:06 PM

ACen 2011: Friday- Maka (Soul Eater) Saturday- Belle, yellow gown (Beauty and the Beast) Sunday- Katara or Maka
ACen 2012: Saturday- Nice Holystone (Baccano) Sunday- Mario

ACen 2013: Friday: Yuki Cross white uniform (Vampire Knight) Saturday: Yuki Cross white uniform, Saturday evening: Nice Holystone? Sunday: Yuki Cross white uniform
ACen 2014: Saturday: Sophie Hatter (Howl's Moving Castle) Sunday: Sophie Hatter

#9 User is offline   Jos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 64919

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

I wasn't the brightest person in the world making the hind hooves of a quadsuit 6" high heels (with no rear support) x_x wasn't fun and I still cant feel my middle toes on each foot. But was definitely worth it! ^_^

#10 User is offline   Twifairy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:09 AM

View PostJos, on 25 May 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

I wasn't the brightest person in the world making the hind hooves of a quadsuit 6" high heels (with no rear support) x_x wasn't fun and I still cant feel my middle toes on each foot. But was definitely worth it! ^_^/>

SIX

INCHES?

I WOULDVE DIED

View PostThe Phantom Tapper, on 25 May 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

I know when I have to wear heels for a cosplay I make sure to bring flats with me. Sure they're a pain to drag around but they really save your feet from the pain in the long run. You can then switch to your heels for pictures. I've done dance for most of my life, and my feet are not in the best of shape anymore, so bringing extra shoes really helps me.

Oh hey, I dance too~
I've changed into flats before, but sadly, changing into other shoes never really helped for me...
ACen 2015 Cosplay-

#11 User is offline   Jos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 64919

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

View PostTwifairy, on 26 May 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

SIX

INCHES?

I WOULDVE DIED

Oh hey, I dance too~
I've changed into flats before, but sadly, changing into other shoes never really helped for me...

yea was a 45 degree slant. Was painful but worth it. ^_^ But yea, get really good insoles

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users